• Total voters

Godot

Coffee Drinkin' College Student
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Connor
Time Zone
Central Time
Such a tough choice... I'd say my favorite is either Froakie or Fennekin, but it shifts between the two. Might be more difficult if I ever used Chespin, but unfortunately I haven't.

Pendraflare

Resident Jawn
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
I really like them all. x_x But I would have to go with Fennekin. Cute little fire fox, and Braixen has a fun design for an NFE. And I like Delphox more than a lot of people do, I'll say.

For real though I could legit choose any of them. Probably my favorite set of starters.

FruitCola

New Trainer
AKA
Young
3DS FC
3411-6741-2047
IGN
Young
At base I really like Chespin, overall I'll have to go with the Greninja line. Like cmon it looks badass

Kaori

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Sinnoh Survivor
AKA
Vee
Time Zone
GMT+1
Fennekin and Chespin are both adorable if we are going by base stages, but I used Froakie in my first playthrough of Pokemon X because of the final evolutions.

I've used all three since and I can say I honestly like all of these now. In my opinion, they're the strongest starter trio and rival even the original Kanto starters. I like how they all follow a theme, rather than just being random animal-like creatures.

WindriderShiva

Junior Trainer
AKA
chibishiva (PSN)
Time Zone
GMT-5 (Eastern Time)
3DS FC
4399-3664-9423
Switch FC
2208-5217-2227
I like them big fighting machines like Chestnaught, and the mage-like Delphox was neat. Overall I think I like the Fennekin line more... ... but I also really like the Chespin line.

I don't really dig the ninja aesthetic much anymore, so the Froakie line wasn't for me. Cute, but eh.

Stephoney

Rookie Trainer
Time Zone
EST
Froakie was the first starter I chose that wasn't a fire type (for a first play through at least). I love how adorable he is in his first stage, and using a Greninja in competitive made me appreciate the line even more. Fennekin is a close second though!

Petros

Pokémon Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Although I’m not too fond of the Kalos starters, I must admit Froakie was my fav at first (I chose him as my starter in Y) but... the more I used him, the more I regretted choosing him. I ended up liking Chespin and Fennekin better. I like Chespin a bit more than Fennekin though.

Rockie

Dark Envoy
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Rockie
Time Zone
GMT
3DS FC
5043-2301-9525
Switch FC
SW-0094-9126-2724
IGN
Rockie
I really like both Froakie and Chespin, and unlike many I actually like Chesnaught's design. I don't think I could choose between Chesnaught and Greninja though.

OceanMaster

Regular Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Isiac, Ocean
Time Zone
Central Mountain Time
3DS FC
1220-7225-5483
IGN
Isiac
I just liked Froakie because I love frog based pokemon, I even have done a challenge run solely using only frog pokemon lol