Favorite/Least Favorite Galar Region Pokemon?

Ruellia

I'm a flowerrr
So what are your favorites and least favorite Pokemon from the new generation??

Personally I adore the Appletun line very much!! I also enjoy Wooloo, Corviknight, Alcremie, Hatterene, Centiskorch, Cramorant, Sandaconda, Runerigus, Galar Ponyta, Polteageist,Falinks Frosmoth, and some other lines or mons I'm forgetting. I don't really dislike any of them off the top of my head tbh.

Gokudera

Vocalist
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Devin
I love most of the new Pokemon, honestly.
Snom is one of my fvorites because it's so damn cute, but Centiskorch is probably my #1 because it has a cool design, and has been the ace of my in game team.
The only new Mon I dont like is Perrserker because it's just a really boring evolution for Meowth. It's begging for another evolution.

Fafrir

Queen of Dragons
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ashley, Scraftato
Time Zone
Saskatchewan
3DS FC
5215-0457-5124
Switch FC
SW-5955-0028-4991
IGN
Spoony/Salsa
Favourite is Inteleon because lizard™ and it reminds me so much of Heliolisk and Salazzle. Other favourites are Dragapult, Eternatus, Toxtricity, Corviknight, and Grimmsnarl.

Least favourites are Bolthund, Coalossol, and Milcery line. Former two are huge disappointments with unappealing designs and the latter just looks boring and uninteresting to me.

Thundawave

♪ Aroma White ♪
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Thunda, Regine
Time Zone
EST
3DS FC
4184-1904-4290
Switch FC
SW-2896-2294-7693
IGN
Regine
So far I'm in love with the Hatenna line. I saw Hatenna in the Motostoke Outskirts, and it was too precious to not use on my team. Now my Hatterene is wrecking everything. Sobble is also a precious bab who needs all the protection in the world. I'm interested in Dragapult's design, but I decided against putting it on my team because of how hard Dreepy/Drakloak is to find. Honorable mentions are Centiskorch, Toxtricity, Polteageist, Snom, and Corviknight.

Least favorite by far is the Galarian Meowth line. Those abominations deserve to be Dexited.

juiccbox

local buffoon
AKA
Juice/Juice man
I’m actually really pleased with a lot of the Pokémon designs this time around, in fact , my entire team in shield were all new ones. I especially love Dragapult, Toxricity, Appletun, and Impidimp. Can’t say I like Copperjah’s design though.

Rydia

ΦωΦ
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Unyielding Wings
AKA
Brian
Time Zone
PST
There's actually very few Pokemon I'd probably say I really dislike. Polteageist, Hatterene, and Grimmsnarl would be my top 3 this gen. I also like Sirfetch'd and Corviknight as well. I can't stand the fossils tho. Fossils, Meowth line, and Drizzile I am not a fan of.

Paradox

The Return
AKA
Connor
Time Zone
EST
IGN
Connor
Favorites: :corviknight::centiskorch::carkol:/:coalossal::sirfetchd::grimmsnarl::hatenna:/:hattrem:/:hatterene::toxtricity::runerigus::galarianponyta:/:galarianrapidash::frosmoth::clobbopus:/:grapploct::galariandarumaka::galariandarmanitan::dracozolt::dragapult::zacian::eternatus:
Least Favorites: :thwackey::cinderace: :sobble:/:drizzile::blipbug:/:dottler:/:orbeetle::skwovet:/:greedent::nickit:/:thievul::wooloo:/:dubwool::chewtle::gossifleur::galarianmeowth:/:perrserker::cramorant::silicobra::polteageist::falinks::pincurchin::stonjourner::arctozolt::arctovish:

Last edited:

Null

watching sad anime
Time Zone
AEST
IGN
Aevis/Null
Like: Corviknight, Toxtricity, Dragapult, Darmanitan, Falinks, Dracovish, Rillaboom, Hatterene, Grimmsnarl, Cursola
Dislike: Inteleon, Greedent, Perrserker, Stonjourner, Thievul, Dubwool, Drednaw, Cramorang, Polteageist, Sandaconda, Pincurchin

Typhlosion

Heart and Soul
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
US Central (GMT -6:00)
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
Cinderace is great; Centiskorch, Barraskewda, Snom, and Frosmoth are alright, and Pincurchin is cute in a derpy sort of way.

I'm pretty neutral about most Galar designs, since I don't have direct experience with them. A few that I don't like are Rillaboom, Drizzile, Carkol/Coalossal, Silicobra/Sandaconda, and Alcremie. Zacian, Zamazenta, and Eternatus are pretty silly too, and not in a good way.

I do feel strongly about Chewtle and the four Fossil Pokémon. I hate all of those designs.

Deva

"Regular" Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
US Eastern Time
3DS FC
4210-4539-8161
IGN
Deva
Favorite: Probably Corviknight :corviknight:. A fairly simple, but good design.
Good: Hatterene :hatterene:, Cinderace :cinderace:, Inteleon :inteleon:, Frosmoth :frosmoth:, and Nickit :nickit:.

Dislike: Grimmsnarl :grimmsnarl:, Darmanitan :galariandarmanitan:, and Drizzile :drizzile:. (Almost forgot that last one.)
Least favorite: Any of the fossils. :arctovish::arctozolt::dracozolt::dracovish: Provided a good in-game reason for why these horrid things exist. Does not salvage them.

Typhlosion

Heart and Soul
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
US Central (GMT -6:00)
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
Update with new information: Calyrex has likely edged out Chewtle as my least favorite Galar design.

Blaiddyd

Rookie Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Avery
Time Zone
CET
I haven't played SwSh yet, but I do have some favorite (and least favorite) Pokemon from Galar.

My favorites are Grimmsnarl, Dragapult, Coalossal, Corviknight, Toxicrity and Centiskorch.

My least favorite are the fossils. The concept is cool, but their designs are so horrid.

Fafrir

Queen of Dragons
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ashley, Scraftato
Time Zone
Saskatchewan
3DS FC
5215-0457-5124
Switch FC
SW-5955-0028-4991
IGN
Spoony/Salsa
Reposting again to say Dragapult is my favourite Galar Pokémon (it's now my second favourite Pokémon overall). I just love how it's a mix of a stealth bomber and a diplocaulus, has a really cool tail fade, the concept is amazing, and the colours are beautiful too. Also, it's amazing in battle!

Speaking of which, Coalossal is my least favourite Galar Pokémon and my second least favourite Pokémon overall. Honestly, such a boring, atrocious, and ugly design. It takes everything unique about Rolycoly and turns it into a Rhyperior clone with coal randomly slapped on it the last second to say it's a coal monster.

Amethyst

Junior Trainer
Still somewhat digesting the new Mons, as I just got the console and game a little over a week ago, but favorites so far are probably Sirfetch'd (the reason I picked Sword, and NOT disappointed) and of all things, Orbeetle. My little Bookworm joined the team early, and just kept proving himself over and over again. Least favorite? I can't say I have any that I dislike. I am not a huge fan of the design of the fossil Pokemon this generation, but I don't have enough experience with them to say whether or not I like or dislike them. Barraskewda was somewhat disappointing and kept losing her place on the team because she didn't quite work out as a glass cannon, but maybe I wasn't picking her spots quite right.