AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
US Central (GMT -6:00)
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
With 21 (22 if you count the latest Japanese release) entries to its name, the series of Pokémon movies offers quite a lot to choose from. The big-screen installments of the anime are almost as old as the franchise itself, stretching back around 20 years. Congratulations if you've managed to "see 'em all." But even if you haven't, this question is still for you: which of the Pokémon movies is your favorite?

I'll throw my hat in the ring for the tenth movie, The Rise of Darkrai, known in Japan as Dialga vs Palkia vs Darkrai. This was the first movie to switch from using primarily cel animation to primarily digital animation, which I think did a noticeable amount for the quality. It's backed up by a very nice soundtrack capped by the glorious Oración. Finally, I'm a big fan of Darkrai in general, and I like the way they portrayed it in the movie. Its voice and the way it moves through shadows were both well done.

shhmew

❤ ❤ ❤
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Katey
this is a very tough one! to be honest I am just madly in love with every pokemon movie up to (and including) the lucario one!! each one is a very surreal and magical adventure with its own unique personality.

i think, when forced to pick, i would choose the 3rd (the entei one). molly is such a precious character.

Wren

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Destiny Deoxys and Pokemon Heroes are my favorites. And of course, the first movie holds a special place in my heart.

Mystical

Ysabel
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
The Mewtwo ones for me. The og Mewtwo, not the X and Y ones. I love its story and the message in those movies. Haven't seen them all, though. I know I've seen the one with Manaphy, the one with Celebi, Entei, the Power of One, and Pokémon I Choose You.

PerfectWorld

Fiery Passion
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Anne
3DS FC
3970-0367-7253
Switch FC
6736-1504-8698
IGN
Anne
Lucario and the Mystery of Mew might be my favorite, though the third movie with Entei is a very close second. I do have to admit a lot of my fondness for Lucario is due to the relationship between him and Aaron. It's very sweet. I like the third one because of Molly and Entei, and also Ash and his mom's relationship.

The first hold a special place in my heart, mostly due to Mewtwo and how he's a complex and sympathetic antagonist.

juiccbox

local buffoon
AKA
Juice/Juice man
Of course the original mewtwo one, but I also love Pokémon 3 (entei one). I’ve seen a lot of the other ones but these ones stuck out to me the most.