favorite pokémon type(s)

Godot

Coffee Drinkin' College Student
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Connor
Time Zone
Central Time
Athena used fairy type, it's super effective.

Joking aside, I'd say my second favorite type is water followed immediately by electric and fairy in no particular order.

smoky

Rainbow Rocket Grunt
fairy, water, and ice are my favorites.

fairy is my all time favorite tho. i love pink and cute/elegant pokemon so fairy types are the best of both worlds for me

Biohazard

Somebody is digging my bones
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Wiktoria, Lycoris
Time Zone
UTC+2
Another favorite type of mine is fairy.

neoratz

i wish squids were real
AKA
Katey
Time Zone
EST
my top 3 are fairy ghost and psychic! you would never guess from my favorite pokemon >_>

Cynical_Toast

Trash Connoisseur
AKA
Charlie
Time Zone
EST
Switch FC
4099-4174-0519
I don't have anything better to do so I'll just rank all 18.

18: Fairy. I don't have anything against the fairy type, like Clefable is one of my favorite Pokemon, but I don't care much for the 3ds games and this type is only there. I just don't have much experience with it. Also shoutouts to Klefki.

17: Normal. A lot of my favorite Pokemon are Normal types, from Snorlax, Ursaring and Sawsbuck, but the concept of a plain type with no advantages has never really appealed to me.

16: Dark. Dark was one of my favorite types growing up but the more I play the games the more I realize Dark is way too similar to Ghost. Like I don't know how Fairy plays into it but I'm pretty sure they used to be identical offensively. I still do like it, some favorites being Absol, Cacturne, and Darkrai.

15: Rock. I used to really dislike the Rock type and I'm not sure why. It's not the most remarkable type conceptually or mechanically, but it's still neat. With great Pokemon like Golem, Aggron, and my all time favorite Rampardos, it's pretty good tbh.

14: Poison. I end up liking these guys more for there designs then their in-game usefulness. Arbok, Weezing, and Muk always looked cool to me but they don't really hold up in game. I'd probably rank them higher if I played the 3ds games more, since they counter fairy.

13: Ice. There are literally only two ice types I'd consider viable but they carry the type hard. I like a lot of the bad ones too, mostly on their designs. Special shoutouts to Avalugg for being the best worst Pokemon ever.

12: Bug. Heracross and Scizor. Two of the all time best Pokemon, and the prime examples of this type. There are some other good ones but honestly most bug types are trash. It's pretty much just 10 of them carrying the type for me. Basically same as Ice types.

11: Grass. Always had a soft spot for these little trash plants. Like poison I like them more for looking good than actually being good, but they're a lot more usable than poison. Special shoutouts to Victreebel, Shiftry, and Torterra for keeping it green.

10: Dragon. The strongest type, no questions asked. They manage to look cool and play cooler. That said I don't find myself using a lot of them because they're either stupid hard to get like Dragonite or Salamence, or they're just plain OP like Garchomp.

9: Flying. Flying types are definitely a mixed bag for me. They have some fantastic reps like Altaria and Staraptor, but then they also have mediocre slot fillers like Fearow and the genie trio.

8: Electric. A truly solid type, got some great members in Raichu, Magnezone and Rotom. That said the type doesn't really stick out to me much compared to some other types, though I don't know why.

7: Fire. I feel about Fire the same way I feel about Electric. It's fun ingame, has great reps like Magcargo, Infernape, and Magmortar, but doesn't stick out incredibly well to me for no particular reason,

6: Steel. While I stand by Dragon being the strongest type I'd argue Steel would be the top contender for that spot. The ridiculous amount of resistances makes any pokemon with the type pretty lucky. Some favorites are Steelix, Registeel, and Empoleon.

5: Fighting. The polar opposite of Steel. These guys do a lot of damage very quickly, which makes them ideal for the hyper offense ingame playthroughs encourage. Some favorites are Hitmonchan, Breloom, and Lucario.

4: Psychic. Psychic is pretty much just the special equivalent of Fighting, prioritizing high damage dealers like Alakazam, Gallade, and Reuniclus over defensive play. I like them more than Fighting for no particular reason.

3: Ghost. The best type if we're talking aesthetics. The designs for ghost types are unmatched in my opinion, with iconic reps like Gengar, Banette, and Dusknoir looking cool and having neat lore.

2: Ground. If I could describe Ground in one word, it would be practical. I almost always carry a ground type on my team just because they are always so versatile. Some of my favorites would have to be Dugtrio, Gliscor, and Excadrill. Overall good type.

1: Water. I don't think I've ever done a playthrough without a water type, they're as versatile as ground types with the bonus of being more interesting conceptually and having a useful HM move tied to them. Some favorites would have to be the Slowpoke family, Swampert, and Floatzel.

i'm sorry for writing this lol

Mirage

Pokemon Master
AKA
Drake, Mirage, Izzy
Time Zone
(UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada)
I tend to like all types because all types have strong, cool, useful Pokemon. But if I had to chose a few, it would be Water, Fire, Ground, Steel, Dragon, and Dark as my top 6 (in no particular order as well).

Mudkip_Mishchief

Goodbye
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Carson, Mudkip
IGN
bbop
Water, Grass, FIre (yah i'm basic lmao), but ground and fighting are also really cool to me!