Time Zone
EST
3DS FC
4184-1904-4290
Switch FC
SW-2896-2294-7693
IGN
Regine
A lot of us spend inordinate amounts of time on YouTube for various reasons - music, tutorials, blogs, let’s plays, you name it. It’s hard to deny that YouTube has had a huge impact on many of our lives. Some people may have even found this site through Marriland’s channel. So who are your favorite YouTubers, and why do they stand out and/or mean so much to you?

Dregran

Shocking Trainer
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
UTC +10
AdumPlaze/YourMovieSucksDotOrg, David Dobrik, JonTron and idubbbz are like the only YouTubers I watch consistently now. Anything4Views/MonkRage is someone I've recently started watching though I've been a fan of him and the squad for a while. I guess I'd say I watch new Maxmoefoe videos but there are no new videos.

Gokudera

Vocalist
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Devin
I consistently watch Gone to the Snowdogs (wonderful doggo channel), JonTron, a few of the animation channels like Jaiden,LetMeExplain Studios, and a few others, ZeroPunctuation, which is finally not the only series on The Escapist, Mr Max TV, because crazy loud mouthed Cockatoos are wonderul, Haydunn, Projared, though this year has been tough for him, according to him, The Keef Crew, Chris Stuckman, Caddicarus.
I don't really consistently watch a lot of people.

shhmew

❤ ❤ ❤
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Katey
dashie is huge guilty pleasure. other youtubers i try to follow are cr1tikal, proZD, gamegrumps, dunkey sometimes, jennamarbles sometimes (she such a sweetie after all these years), and brave wilderness. with boss exclusively i will also watch super eyepatch wolf and nakeyjakey (and watchmojo shhhhh) and rly enjoy their stuff.

there are others i consider myself a fan of and might watch here and there but honestly i just don't watch as much youtube as i used to.

Bossvelt

Inactive
Rainbow Rocket Executive
pokeaim good for watching showdown and chilling
nakeyjakey good for funny and informative videos about games
dunkey ofc
jontrons 2 videos this year
Company Man is really good for surprisingly entertaining video that tells you a history about companies
watchmojo is ok to criticize and binge for low effort
Joseph Anderson has good **** when he uploads
False Swipe Gaming is good to see competitive history of pocketmans
Scott the Woz captures old school jontron videos but does it with his own distinct personality and editing
oneyplays is great for watching pals **** around with games
last but not least Supereyepatchwolf is just an amazing dude with amazing videos with the highest quality you'll ever see

Bunnie

litle creacher
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
hmm i like youtube a lot tbh >.<
my favourite poketubers are haydunn and pokeaim, though i don't like watching showdown videos very much.
i also like False Swipe Gaming, foofootoo, CandyEvie, and Vizually.
my favourite art youtubers are Fran Meneses, Primaryinks, and Leigh Ellexson.
i also watch a looooot of cooking channels, but those are all miscellaneous and i don't have favourites

Varhii

Shaggy Webber
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
AKA
SG
Time Zone
EST
I like watching Retromation, Dunkey, Fact Fiend w/ Karl Smallwood, Scott the Woz, Friends Without Benefits, and for some reason Pewdiepie.

Moxie

Veteran Ditz
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Daam
I watch all sorts of Youtubers, but my favorites would have to be:

NerdSync: He has such high quality content centered around the comic landscape and it's just great!!! I always watch each one of his uploads!

The Cosmonaut Variety Hour: He has a lot of movie opinions and god I can't always agree, but he is just so much fun to watch that I can't help it

exurb1a: He has such odd introspective content that is always like, yeah humans are lame but you know what? You're cool too. And his deadpan delivery and editing of each video is just a sight to behold and always entertaining

Ryan Hollinger: I love horror movies and this man has such interesting insight into the whole horror movie thing. Each upload of his is interesting in it's own way.

MistaGG: This guy is actually the funniest individual I've seen who doesn't play off someone else. I binged all his videos in a week and I am genuinely sad

Yikes my picks were kinda on the obscure end

smoky

afterglow
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
i ****ing love jenna marbles she’s my fav youtuber. i also really love a bunch of asmr channels (karuna satori, gibi, and pj are my favorites). i really like morgan adams too

i used to watch gabbie hanna a lot but she got really annoying as time went on so i stopped watching her. same thing with all those animation channels. i used to love them so much, but they’re so annoying to me i can’t stand them anymore

Thundawave

♪ Aroma White ♪
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Thunda, Regine
Time Zone
EST
3DS FC
4184-1904-4290
Switch FC
SW-2896-2294-7693
IGN
Regine
Chuggaaconroy has consistently been my favorite LPer for years. I like how much work he puts into his LPs to find cool bits of trivia and lots of helpful advice. For the Pokémon LPs, I’m always astounded by the in-depth reviews of every possible encounter. Besides that, he’s remained entertaining, and I find myself binge-watching his LPs when I see an interesting game or when I have time to kill.

My main bullet journal inspiration is AmandaRachLee. Her spreads are beautiful but also recreatable for art plebs like me. She even makes videos about how to doodle stuff that she uses in her spreads or how to do calligraphy so that viewers can learn the same stuff. I can really see how passionate she is about bullet journaling and stationery. Her videos also have this relaxing vibe about them, and watching them makes me be in a more productive mood. I’d absolutely recommend to anyone who’s thinking about bullet journaling or anyone who just wants to subscribe to another art channel!

Other than that, I have a few more productivity channels, some Vocaloid producers, and about three artcore music channels among a lot of miscellaneous stuff on my list. And of course I’m subscribed to Marriland!

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ben
Time Zone
UTC -8 (Pacific Time)
3DS FC
3540-0538-1086
Switch FC
SW-1778-2704-5495
IGN
Benjamin
I rarely use YouTube now, but back when I did I was really into Balrog, the Aura Guardian, Jimmy Whetzel (before his upload schedule slowed to a halt), and Gaijin Goomba. Sometimes I’ll visit the site again just to watch some of their videos.

seaturtle

Spirit Bridge
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Chris
Time Zone
MST
Switch FC
SW-3906-8627-4487
Heheh I have a plethora of Youtubers I follow, most of them for very different things lol
Pokemon/other game related channels:
- The Game Theorists (shoot me)
- maxmoefoepokemon
- Piemations
- LA Gladiators
- CWA Mobile Gaming (I'm a normie :J)
- Markiplier
- ryukahr
- CarlSagan42

More misc. channels:
- PJ Dreams ASMR
- DennisASMR
- ObviouslyASMR
- Slazo
- Mr. Beast
- PewDiePie
- Michael Reeves
- Sailor J
- maxmoefoe/maxmoefoe2
- Kamex
- HISHE
- Sprazye
and that's not even all of them kek

Cynical Toast

Proud Gamer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Caroline
Time Zone
EST
Switch FC
4099-4174-0519
Guess this is a good time to recommend some obscure favorites.

RTGame: He's a twitch streamer who posts highlights on his youtube channel, and those highlights manage to be consistently great.
(Some examples [also there are swears on most of these channels just in case i should warn you] Video 1 | Video 2)

The Geek Critique: He does probably the best analysis/essay type videos on games I've seen. Doesn't upload much, but his videos are top quality.
(Recommended viewing Video 1 | Video 2)

1Shotplays: They're a relatively new channel that's only played a few games. That said watching their lets play of Danganronpa 2 was top tier stuff, and I felt like giving them a plug. (Recommended viewing Video 1)

Lazypurple: He primarily does videos on Team Fortress 2, so if you don't play that game you probably won't enjoy his content too much, but that said he puts ridiculous amounts of effort into his videos, and they all turn out really good. (Video 1 | Video 2)[also probs not kid friendly but it's an m rated game so yeah]

Last edited:

Lazuli

✧ Star Fish ✧
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Kaity and Bijou
Time Zone
GMT -6
3DS FC
3840-6615-2879
IGN
Kaity, Bijou, Lapis, or Lazuli (depends on the game)
Okay....

League of Legends Stuff:
-Skooch
-Ash on LoL
-MagikarpUsedFly
-yakkocmn
-Aphromoo
-Darkk Manne

Pokemon Stuff:
-TheAuraGuardian
-Trickywi
-CandyEvie
-Lockstin & Gnoggin

Other Vidya Game Stuff:
-chuggaaconroy
-TheJWitzz
-BrickyOrchid8

Trivia Stuff:
-RealLifeLore
-TED-Ed
-Wendover Productions
-Overly Sarcastic Productions
-Alternate History Hub
-Knowledge Hub

Music Stuff:
-Todrick Hall
-Monstercat

Funny Stuff:
-Jenna Marbles
-Superwoman
-CinemaSins
-Brizzy Voices

Other Stuff:
-WatchMojo/MsMojo
-Tasty
--Sierra Schultzzie and her vlog channel

Last edited:

Kyogre386

Regular Trainer
AKA
Chris
Time Zone
UTC-05:00
Let's see...

CGPGrey
Kurzgesagt
WonderWhy
Tom Scott
JWittz
False Swipe Gaming
Pikasprey Yellow
FilmCow

ninetales

Advanced Trainer
Staff Emeritus
If I have internet access I always have split screens, one playing youtube or netflix constantly. I mostly watch art related content as well as music and dance videos. The ones I watch the most are
Art
  • Danica Sills
  • ashiyaart
  • Draw With Jazza
  • Happy D. Artist
  • HulloAlice
  • JacquelinDeleon
  • kelogsloops
  • Lena Danya
  • Mark Crilley (I don't watch him that consistently anymore.. but he'll still be one of my favourite youtubers)
  • The Drawfee Channel
  • Vexx

Music/Dance
  • 새송 Saesong
  • 보라미유 Boramiyu
  • 네버다희 Never Dahee
  • JANNY
  • JubyPhonic
  • adrisaurus
  • Smyang Piano
  • VIVA DANCE STUDIO
  • 1MILLION Dance Studio

Other
  • The Game Theorists
  • Domics
  • JaidenAnimations
  • TheOdd1sOut
  • Overly Sarcastic Productions
  • PONY Syndrome
  • Risabae
  • ROSEHA로즈하
  • HikakinGames
  • ちゃんねる宮脇咲良
  • 明日香ちゃんねる
  • Kawanishi Mikiかわにしみき

Godot

Coffee Drinkin' College Student
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Connor
Time Zone
Central Time
I'm subscribed to a lot of gaming/gaming related channels, as well as just entertainment channels. So I'll just put down the channels I watch with the most frequency with a short explanation of what content I'm most likely to watch from each.
TeamFourStar: Because I like Hellsing Ultimate and Dragon Ball Z abridged.

Chuggaaconroy: Literally anything he plays, although I've been known to go back through his pokemon stuff and Kirby's Epic Yarn more often than anything else.

Marriland: What can I say, Nuzlockes and wedlockes are fun to watch.

StreamFourStar: TFS At The Table is awesome, and also YYLAG (Watching Taka and Zito's reactions are hilarious)

Lucahjin: Just about anything from her.

The Runaway Guys: It's a collab channel between Chuggaa, ProtonJon, and NCS. How can I not like it?

StephenPlays: Morning Mario was a fun thing to watch while drinking my morning coffee.

Because Science: Because it's much like The Science of _________ (Which used to be a Shoddy cast thing, I don't watch The Science anymore because it's primarily on The Game Theorists)

TheJWitz: Goes without saying, pokemon channel and pokemon news.

Linkara-AtopTheFourthWall: Subscribed to him before the terrible stuff about Channel Awesome came out. Still watch him because he had the good sense to leave Channel Awesome.

The Dom: Same as Linkara.

Tom Fawkes: I watch everything he posts. Also his tendency to give joke names to Fire Emblem protagonist (...You for Robin is just one example)

Oh and GaijinGoomba: At least when he uploads, if he's not uploading for a while I jump to Taka's Twitch Channel (he replaced Zito on YYLAG)

Last edited:

neoratz

i wish squids were real
AKA
Katey
Time Zone
EST
i'm subscribed to a lotta video essay kinda channels cuz i like putting them on in the background while i do monotonous grind-y things! i am not very good at providing reasons for why i like stuff but here is a list of my top faves
vinesauce - really entertaining let's play-type channel and not a jerk! i don't watch the full streams just cuz they're so long but i love watching the compilations. joel and rev are also fun to watch :D

Scott the Woz - i don't have a lot to say here he just makes good video game review videos and has a good sense of humor

hbomberguy - covers cool topics and as of late makes pretty long videos! he used to do more video game stuff than he does now but i don't really mind

LSuperSonicQ - videos about a lot of random obscure video game/tv related things that i've never heard about and does a dang good job of researching the stuff

Fredrik Knudsen - same as above except it's a whole variety of topics

Drew Gooden - f.....funney (almost entirely commentary stuff but IT'S GOOD COMMENTARY STUFF)