Favourite Mega Evolution

Petros

Pokémon Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Hey there! I'm sure most of you have one favourite Pokémon but what about Mega Evolutions? Some people aren't too fond of them, but if you like Megas, what would happen to be your favourite ones? You can choose more than one!

My favourite ones are:
  • Mega-Beedrill: I've always liked Beedrill but I thought it was too simple and needed something else. Well, its Mega Evolution just looks like a true killer wasp and I used it during my playthrough of Omega Ruby.
  • Mega-Steelix: Never used it before but I think it looks sick. I might be using it next time I play Omega Ruby.
So what about yours?

Rockie

Dark Envoy
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Rockie
Time Zone
GMT
3DS FC
5043-2301-9525
Switch FC
SW-0094-9126-2724
IGN
Rockie
I'd have to divide my choices in 2.
My favourite design and concept-wise is easily Mega Beedrill. THATS what I expect from a Mega, a Pokemon that needs a boost and gets a really damn nice design in the process.
My favourite to use is Mega Medicham. Its just Medicham but GODLY strong, it made me actually like Medicham as a Pokemon too, my favourite Psychic type now.

BasedJarrod

The Ruler of Space and Time
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Jarrod
Mega Tyranitar, Mega Gyarados, And Mega Medicham/Mawile. I have used the first two quite often, and I just love how they made Medicham and Mawile relevant. Mega TTar and Medicham are beasts in draft format especially.

Biohazard

Cool Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Wiktoria, Lycoris
Time Zone
UTC+2
Mega Houndoom. I love Houndom and it's Mega Evo is the coolest one in my opinion. I also like Mega Charizard (both X and Y), Mega Rayquaza, Mega Tyranitar, Mega Aggron, Mega Sceptile and Mega Ampharos.

Last edited:

Kaori

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Sinnoh Survivor
AKA
Vee
Time Zone
GMT+1
The following four are probably my favorite. (I like some of the others as well, but these 4 has especially good designs)

1. Mega Gardevoir: I'm sort of biased because I love Gardevoir so much, but I really like the princess/bride vibes coming from Mega Gardevoir.

2. Mega Houndoom: Houndoom is a cool Pokemon in general but its mega evolution is just so well designed. It adds the right elements to make it look more like a hell hound, but it doesn't go over the top like Mega Manectric which is more fur than Pokemon.

3. Mega Absol: Those wings are gorgeous. They might not make the most sense because the mega evolution didn't add an additional Flying typing, but I still really enjoy this design.

4. Mega Ampharos: Fabulous hair. I like how they played on Ampharos' Japanese name (Denryū) including the word for dragon by making it a dragon type as well.

OceanMaster

Regular Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Isiac, Ocean
Time Zone
Central Mountain Time
3DS FC
1220-7225-5483
IGN
Isiac
Design wise, I really like Beedrill, Alakazam, and Camerupt.

My favorite to use are Medicham and Mawile. You can't go wrong with their abilities.

Deva

"Regular" Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
US Eastern Time
3DS FC
4210-4539-8161
IGN
Deva
Never used many Mega Evolutions.

Design: Mega Absol and Mega Beedrill. Looks more regal with wings. Almost feels lacking without them now. Gained a much fiercer appearance between extra stingers and the eye change. Views real-life bees a lot like that.

Combat: Mega Mawile and Mega Kangaskhan. Performed much better in the Battle Maison than personal skill would indicate.

Zed

Regular Trainer
Time Zone
CET
My favorite megas all-around are Venusaur and Beedrill. Honorable mentions go to Lopunny and Gyarados as I used them almost as much as the first two.

If we only look at the design and nothing else then my favorites have to be Steelix and Banette.

PerfectWorld

Fiery Passion
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Anne
3DS FC
3970-0367-7253
Switch FC
6736-1504-8698
IGN
Anne
I think the mega evolutions have pretty great/fun designs overall. Here is my 5 favorites:

1. Mega Ampharos - I love the long flowing white hair and being part dragon type is awesome.
  2. Mega Gardevoir/Gallade - I love both designs, but am a little more partial to the paladin look Gallade has going on.
  3. Mega Venusaur - The design might not be the coolest one, but the ability it gains is really good. I do still like how it looks too.
  4. Mega Kangaskhan - I love how the little baby Kanga comes out and fights with its mother. Also really strong.
  5. Mega Absol - I love how prince-like and regal Absol looks while retaining the edgy design of regular Absol.

Dragonite

have they found the One Piece yet
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
3DS FC
4682-8983-8215
Switch FC
SW-8460-1905-2708
IGN
Dragonite, usually
Design-wise, I really like both mega gardevoir and gallade, mega ampharos a close third. I like the normal form of Gallade way more, the mega versions of both mean business though.

Battle-wise, I've probably used Mega Gardevoir more than anything else combined. Pixilate's a really great ability on top of an already really good special attack stat. Most people ran Hyper Voice on it because that's the smart thing to do, but since I played mostly unranked Battle Spot Doubles/Triples where nobody knew what they were doing I used Hyper Beam which means automatic cataclysm for anything that doesn't have effort value investment (which almost nobody had).

Code:
252 SpA Pixilate Gardevoir-Mega Hyper Beam vs. 244 HP / 0 SpD Dialga: 381-448 (94.7 - 111.4%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO 
252 SpA Pixilate Gardevoir-Mega Hyper Beam vs. 104 HP / 0 SpD Dialga: 351-414 (95.6 - 112.8%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Pixilate Gardevoir-Mega Hyper Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Dialga: 351-414 (102.9 - 121.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Also, if you get lucky you can throw it out against an opponent with Speed Boost, you can Trace the Speed Boost, idle for a turn or two and then mega evolve. You're basically a god if you can do that.

Azuviin

Soldier of Affinity
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Michelle
Unpopular but I really like Mega Lopunny. I love the fighting inspired design and I've used it so many times in regular gameplay, and even the very occasional competitive battling and I've really liked it.

Very close second is Mega Gardevoir, it's gorgeousss. my jaw dropped when I saw the design, it looks like a princess.

shhmew

❤ ❤ ❤
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Katey
mega lopunny is mine uwu didn't think anyone would mention her so shoutout to those who did

mega lopunny is cute and pretty and will also kick ur ass and punt u straight to jupiter

very close second favorite is the fl00f queen herself mega altaria. i also love mega manectric, audino, gardevoir, mawile, sableye, banette, medicham, and ampharos is cute even if it's a lil goofy.

Dregran

Shocking Trainer
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
UTC +10
It's gotta be Mega Lucario. Such a cool design, better than the original form. I really like Mega Sableye too.

DeepSeaPrincess

Pretty Voice
AKA
Athena, Any variant of that
Time Zone
PST
3DS FC
0920-1282-6394
IGN
Athena/Sirena Usually
I love so many of the Megas, I thought the designs were usually so cool. I have a hard time choosing any favorite to be honest! But if I had to choose a favorite, Absol would be the one. It's so simple, yet works well to show its power and elegance.

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Benjamin, James, Pemderp
Time Zone
UTC -8 (Pacific Time)
3DS FC
3540-0538-1086
Switch FC
SW-1778-2704-5495
IGN
Benjamin
Mega Beedrill for sure. It took an incredibly weak bug type Pokemon, improved it's stats, and made it look much more menacing. I wish more megas were given to weaker, forgotten Pokemon like this.

Window Stranger

You've Stalked The Stranger
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Alice
Time Zone
Mountain Time
Honestly I'm not too fond of the megas because of how ridiculous some of the pokemon look to me BUT I really love Absol's mega design! <3

Lazuli

✧ Star Fish ✧
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Kaity and Bijou
Time Zone
GMT -6
3DS FC
3840-6615-2879
IGN
Kaity, Bijou, Lapis, or Lazuli (depends on the game)
Mega Gardevoir obviously. I also really like Mega Altaria, Mega Ampharos, and Mega Absol as well.

Grunt Beavie

The Magma Grunt with a Dragonite
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Beavie, Beavs
Time Zone
Atlantic Standard Time
3DS FC
0705-6289-4703
IGN
Cali
Mega Venasaur, caused my friends the most rage.

Fafrir

Pura Power!
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ashley, Scraftato
Time Zone
Saskatchewan (-6 GMT)
3DS FC
5215-0457-5124
IGN
Spoony/Salsa
Mega Houndoom. It's not as powerful as the others but I have a soft spot for it because it used to be my favourite. The mega just improves on the original too.

I also like Mega Mane and Garchomp.

Moonwatcher

/人◕‿‿◕人\
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Shruikan, Moon, ScrollWyrm
Time Zone
BST
I love Mega-Manectric. I already had a soft spot for Manectric, but the Mage Evo just ups the awesomeness. It's useful in battle. (In the UU teir at least) and it looks pretty cool.
I also like Mega Salamence, likewise for both design and combat capabilities. My Salamence has helped me through the Battle Tree more times than I can count. Plus I like the Sun/Moon pokedex lore for it. (Mainly because it fit the name of my up until then non-mega salamence; Peril)

Design wise I also like Mega Charizard Y, (A pointier Charizard that somehow looks more dragon like than before? What's not to like? (X looks too "dark" and trying to be cool to me,)) Mega Aerodactyl, (Same as Charizard Y, took a plain desing and made it better and more dragonic,) Mega Lopunny, (More colours, nicer ear/hair things, not as questionable design,) and Mega Altaria, (Floof.)

Don't get me started on Mega Sableye...