Festive Feast

Solar

Loog Noog Supreme
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
This is a thread about the meals we have over the holidays. Everyone eats something different this time of year! Or maybe you just heated up some ramen, that's valid.

If you and/or your family/friends shared any special food over the Holidays, what did you have?

shhmew

❤ ❤ ❤
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Katey
i've been alone every christmas for years now, so usually i don't have anything out of the ordinary, but this year i decided to change that. on christmas eve i made loaded baked potato soup in my slow cooker. it made the whole house smell amazing which made it feel less lonely, and it made for an amazingly yummy dinner along with some steak rolls!! nothing actually fancy, but i loved it a lot and maybe i will make slow cooker soup on christmas eve a new tradition for myself.

tonight, i'm making brownies... just cuz brownies sounded good.

DeepSeaPrincess

Pretty Voice
AKA
Athena, Any variant of that
Time Zone
PST
3DS FC
0920-1282-6394
IGN
Athena/Sirena Usually
Pumpkin pie, homemade. This year my mom's home-grown pumpkins were the main ingredient too!

Resolute

To the beat of his own drum
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ben, Res, Baguettes, Baggy
Time Zone
EST
Every year, my grandpa makes koolgle, which is this really good potato cake made with bacon. Put some sour cream on the side and mmmmmmm.

If we had it anytime other than Christmas, I'd be 10 pounds heavier. ;)

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
So for Christmas Eve, we have perogies and sausage. My family only started doing this a couple of years ago.

For Christmas Day, we have the traditional turkey dinner. So turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, gravy, cranberry sauce, vegetables.

For New Year's Eve, we have what can best be described as a bunch of appetizers. So things like sausage rolls, a shrimp ring, and my favorite, jelly balls. Although there are staples that are always in there, we do tend to try some different appetizers each year. Interestingly enough, this was what we did for Christmas Eve, and then we'd have the leftovers for New Year's Eve, but we decided to change it.

Lazuli

✧ Star Fish ✧
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Kaity and Bijou
Time Zone
GMT -6
3DS FC
3840-6615-2879
IGN
Kaity, Bijou, Lapis, or Lazuli (depends on the game)
Christmas Eve we tend to just order pizza.

Christmas Day we would have a nice breakfast with pancakes, eggs, bacon, and fruits.

For our Christmas Dinner, we would usually have Ham and then just random side dishes such as green bean casserole and mashed potatos.

Revan

Wound in the Force
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Ravey, Steve
Time Zone
US Central Time
Pizza, salad, fruit salad, and cheesecake. All of it is homemade (the supplies are bought though). My family also makes cookies every year.

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ben
Time Zone
UTC -8 (Pacific Time)
3DS FC
3540-0538-1086
Switch FC
SW-1778-2704-5495
IGN
Benjamin
My grandparents always make amazing meals when I go to their house for the holidays. For Winter holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas), we usually have turkey, rolls, peas, and corn. During the Summer (Fourth of July), we have a barbecue!