Fire Emblem Heroes {Book 4 Edition!}

Diarkia124

Master of Jacks
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Andrew
IGN
Andrew
Was hoping the leak was Marianne instead of Silque but good for SoV representation.

Giron

Literal Rant
AKA
Brandon
Time Zone
AEST (GMT/UTC +10)
3DS FC
3840-6760-9669

Legendary Hero Incoming! Legendary Leif is a Water-based Bow Cavalier unit with the Pair-Up ability.

Out of this banner... I don't know, I might skip it. But I'd be trying to get L!Azura and maybe L!Hector for some Distant Counter fodder.

Giron

Literal Rant
AKA
Brandon
Time Zone
AEST (GMT/UTC +10)
3DS FC
3840-6760-9669

Magvel Heroes incoming! The Gerik Mercenaries' Dancer, Tethys (Dagger Infantry), the leader Gerik (Axe Infantry), the Trainee Ewan (Red Tome Infantry), and the duo team of Ephraim and Lyon (Lance Infantry) are coming to Heroes with the 13th and final chapter of Book 3. Along with this, the first trainee of Magvel, Ross (Axe Infantry) will appear as a 3-star/4-star unit.

As I haven't finished Sacred Stones, the only one I'm familiar with is Ross at the moment, so there's that. Anyway, I'm going to hope Book 3 doesn't end terribly like Book 2.

Giron

Literal Rant
AKA
Brandon
Time Zone
AEST (GMT/UTC +10)
3DS FC
3840-6760-9669
So, I've played through the final chapter, and I have to say, this was a good chapter.

The incorporation of Together We Ride and Veronica's battle theme - which I'm now also dubbing it as the Summoner's theme - really made me like this. Honestly, I hope this has a movie like with Cohort of the Dead - I'd love for Ray, Barbara, Wendee and Xanthe to voice it.

EDIT: Oh yeah, forgot about the new boss theme used this chapter. It kinda caught me by surprise there.

I'll write a full thoughts on Book 3 soon.

First of all, the original premise was sick. Like, yeah, I really liked the premise. The opening chapters were very promising, and the development given to Alphonse really made me like him more - and I really only levelled up the Askr Trio to 5* Lv 40 for the hell of it. Then again, I can't even remember WHY I levelled them up. Huh.

Anyway, the 13 chapters & 5 maps per chapter actually hurt this story a little. While Lif's character was really well done, characters like Eir, Thrasir, and even Hel herself don't have much spotlight. Oh yeah, neither did Loki, but we got more of her story from Rokkr Sieges and Hall of Forms than any Book. After Lif's reveal and that bit about his motivations, Thrasir just felt tacked on in her chapter. And the reveal about Eir being royalty to a dragon of life (maybe Askr, maybe another dragon) was interesting, but felt a little tacked on - especially if they won't explore that in a future Xenologue or in Book 4.

That said, Hel as a villain is miles better than Surtr. Surtr was just... eh. Heck, I don't think any map in Book 3 had a 0 damage seal in play. At all. It certainly helped with maps and not having to try and survive. As I said before, the way Hel went at the end was really freaking satisfying.

Last edited:

Diarkia124

Master of Jacks
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Andrew
IGN
Andrew
Can't believe Knoll got the shaft again

Giron

Literal Rant
AKA
Brandon
Time Zone
AEST (GMT/UTC +10)
3DS FC
3840-6760-9669
Oh, speaking of movies...

Gotta be honest, I forgot about Veronica's voice work being like that, but... again, this was pretty good. Guess the Breidablik's black and gold, now. Unless that's the other world's Breidablik... no idea.

Well, Book 4 will probably be announced next month in a FEH channel. Honestly hoping for some focus on Sharena - considering the development Alfonse got. Unfortunately, I doubt Anna will get anything, since she continues getting the shaft. That's probably what happens when you have multiple identical sisters who are all shifty merchants.

Giron

Literal Rant
AKA
Brandon
Time Zone
AEST (GMT/UTC +10)
3DS FC
3840-6760-9669

FE6 heroes incoming! The dancer Larum (Dagger Infantry); Perceval (Lance Cavalier); Echidna (Axe Infantry); and Igrene (Red Bow Infantry) will be coming to Heroes alongside a new Paralogue chapter that focuses on Thorr, Loki, Lif and Thrasir. Chad (Dagger Infantry) will be available as a 3 star/4 star non focus unit, and Brunnya (Probably a Tome unit of some kind) will be available through Tempest Trials.

Wow... I did not expect this banner... because I know none of these characters. Guess this is a skip for me.

Giron

Literal Rant
AKA
Brandon
Time Zone
AEST (GMT/UTC +10)
3DS FC
3840-6760-9669

Goddamn, this game likes to screw with my guesses sometimes. Anyway...

Mythic Hero incoming! Altina, the founder of Begnion and the first wielder of Ragnell and Alondite, is an Astra-based Sword Flier that boosts Attack.

And this banner has a lot more Heroes on here that I want. Sothis, normal and Bridal Fjorm, Legendary Julia, Duma... jeez, this banner is ridiculous.

My guess for the Mythic Hero before this dropped? Either Hel or Lif.

EDIT: @Deva Guess your prediction about Altina being a Mythic - and Astra - was correct. About 6 months later.

Last edited:

Diarkia124

Master of Jacks
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Andrew
IGN
Andrew
wtf Altina is a flying unit

Giron

Literal Rant
AKA
Brandon
Time Zone
AEST (GMT/UTC +10)
3DS FC
3840-6760-9669
Book 4 Feh Channel's dropped.

• Mjolnir's Strike: Well, this is kinda interesting. Basically a mix of Aether Raids and Rokkr Sieges from the looks of it. No idea what the Divine Codes do as of yet.
  • Update: Huh, putting the skills/seals/skill sets on the character profile - that's kinda convenient.
  • Thracia Heroes: Eh... it's alright. I'll probably go into this below. But having normal Mareeta is nice.
  • Book 4: So... light elves and dark elves. Didn't think we'd be going this route. Oh, and Henriette's back. This definitely feels like Sharena's book. looks over at Eir
Now, onto the usual banner video.

Book 4 Heroes incoming! Eyvel (Sword Infantry), Mareeta (Sword Infantry), Osian (Axe Infantry) will be coming to Heroes. As well, the Ljósálfar/light elf Peony (Blue Tome Flier - Light-type Speed boost) will be available as a free unit in Book 4. Tanya (Bow Infantry) will be available as a 3-star/4-star unit. For the GHB, we'll be getting Kempf.

Oh hey, Bruno and Veronica are doing their own thing again! Guess they need to stay relevant somehow... though I really feel sorry for the two of them.

Giron's first probable thoughts on what Book 4 will involve

So, Ljósálfheimr is basically Alfheim. Now, in Norse Mythology, Dökkálfar live under the earth - but these ones seem to live in their own place. My guess is that these Dökkálfar are more based on Svartálfar, and their place will probably be more based on Svartálfheim. The question is - who are the leaders? The Light Elf leader is more than likely Oberon or someone based on Oberon - or Freyr if they're going way more Norse, but the dark one... I'm not too sure.

Giron's edits to thoughts

So, Dökkálfheimr is the realm of nightmares... that's a massive creative liberty there, since that realm doesn't seem to be based on anything Norse related. Then again, there's barely anything on the Light and Dark Elves anyway, and the Black Elves (Svartálfar) will probably be dwarves if they ever do Svartálfheim/Svartálfheimr.

Anyway, seems like Bridal Fjorm is gonna be VERY valuable with her staff this book.

Last edited:

Giron

Literal Rant
AKA
Brandon
Time Zone
AEST (GMT/UTC +10)
3DS FC
3840-6760-9669
So, Book 4's Chapters one and two have dropped.

Well... dreams and nightmares... and Kiran's missing. Great. I shudder to think what Kiran's nightmare is. Probably something horrible to do with the real world. But starting off with the Askr Trio being WITHOUT the summoner is... interesting in the story sense, but makes zero sense in gameplay. Because FEH.

Speaking of, kinda sad that Veronica and Bruno were nothing more than figments of a nightmare. Guess that's THEM gone from the plot again. Poor Emblian Royals. Their stats WERE buffed, though, so that's nice.

Loki's doing her own thing once again, considering we offed her daughter in Book 3. If Hel is Loki's child in FEH-verse, since Thorr is the god of war, not thunder.

Unsure what to think of the Sharena/Peony thing, but someone had a theory that Sharena once had an accidental childhood wish of replacing Alfonse with Peony as her sibling.

So, Freyr is the King of Dreams, and Freyja is the Queen of Nightmares, based on what Peony and Triandra say. There's a bit more Norse mythology right there.

Haven't started Forging Bonds, but Mjolnir's Strike is pretty much easily broken if you have a Galeforce character in Attack Position. I don't, but my team is perfectly fine against the advanced difficulty.