Fire Emblem Heroes {Book 4 Edition!}

Rex

Regular Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Time Zone
EST
I'll definitely be pulling for Nah. Cynthia will also be available as a GHB unit on the 13th. It's not in the video obviously but it was announced in the in game notifications.

Silver

Ice Ice Baby
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Christian
My daughter (Cynthia) is finally in the game! The family is complete. Just hoping she’s solid enough.

Giron

Literal Rant
AKA
Brandon
Time Zone
AEST (GMT/UTC +10)
3DS FC
3840-6760-9669
So... Book 3 Chapter 8... well. That was a thing.

I will admit, I wasn't expecting Lif to actually be Alfonse, but it does make me wonder whether Thrasir is actually Veronica. Considering the whole "forbidden heart" thing no doubt made the representatives of Askr (Alfonse) and Embla (Veronica, no doubt) disappear and with Askr in shambles... no doubt something's going to happen in that regard. 5 chapters to go after all.

Anyway, after more summons (and also Shiro, though who cares about him), I finally got Bridal Fjorm! +Atk/-Spd, so all around pretty damn good. I've also put Fallen Delthea up to 5 stars, and got to training her. As well as Picnic Leo... who is actually underwhelming as heck.

Haven't really delved into Forging Bonds just yet, but there's still time.

Deva

"Regular" Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
US Eastern Time
3DS FC
4210-4539-8161
IGN
Deva
Thought the same thing about Veronica and Thrasir while playing. Wields a green tome too. Presumes Eir to be Askr (the dragon) as well. Explains being a mythic hero. Paves the way for "Askr, Awakened" in a future Mythic Hero banner.

Blitzed Forging Bonds for tickets. Nabbed the orbs from the new chapter too (although, not the Chain Challenges yet). Entered with 279 Orbs, the free summon, and four tickets. Ought to be enough for two Nahs on average. Spent almost this much for one of Naga or Tiki, however. Will not willingly pull other colors this time.

Finished (for now) at 18 orbs. Planned to do Chain Challenges after the last circle (in case of five red orbs). Pulled the second Nah then. Wound up with Resistance boons on both. Accepts that. Crosses off a tough decision also.

Spoils:
  • Five star: Horse Chrom (+Hitpoints / -Speed), Nah (+Resistance / -Defense), Brave Ephraim (+Hitpoints / -Attack), and Nah (+Resistance / -Attack)
  • The rest: Lilina x4, Roy x4, Athena x4, Seliph x4, Lon'qu x3, normal Chrom x3, Fir x2, Ares x2, Marth x2, Raigh x2, Hinata x2, Caeda x2, Cain x2, Laslow x2, Eirika x2, Soleil x2, Thar'ja x2, Eliwood x2, Draug, Merric, Beruka, Male Corrin, Stahl, Sophia, Libra, Ogma, Adult Tiki, Olivia, Frederick, Kaze
Total orb cost: 261 (plus the free summon and four tickets).
Obtained Nah on circles #26 and #38 (42nd and 62nd overall).

Five stars: 4/62 (6.45%)
Four stars: 37/62 (59.68%)
Three stars: 21/62 (33.87%)

Pulled 25/32 red units in the three star pool. (Missed Hana, Silvia, Seth, Palla, Selena, Henry, and Morgan.)

Summoning circles with no reds: 6/38 (15.79%)
With one red: 14/38 (36.84%)
With two reds: 13/38 (34.21%)
With three reds: 4/38 (10.53%) (Contained both Nahs and Horse Chrom)
With four reds: 1/38 (2.63%)
With five reds: 0/38 (0%)

Base stat comparison between neutral Nah and others:
(Hitpoints / Attack / Speed / Defense / Resistance)

Nah: 44/34/25/38/32 (173 total. Same as Fallen Corrin.)
Adult Tiki: 40/35/23/35/24 (+4/-1/+2/+3/+8) (+16 overall)
Garon: 43/33/22/33/32 (+1/+1/+3/+5/+0) (+10 overall)
Sheena: 45/30/25/36/33 (-1/+4/+0/+2/-1) (+4 overall)
Caineghis: 47/37/23/37/30 (-3/-3/+2/+1/+2) (-1 overall)
Idunn: 45/35/26/39/34 (-1/-1/-1/-1/-2) (-6 overall)

Quite ridiculous. Might be boosting all Infantry by 5 stat points. Narrows the gap between them and armors.

Note: Applied extra stat points to dragons...but not all dragons. (Example: 162 for Naga. 163 for Cynthia.) Cannot explain why some units get it (often dragons, but not always).

Spoilered team thoughts. Writes them partially to solidify ideas. Bounces between them less.

Digested Nah's skills a bit more. Realized the C-skill to be a Spur-effect, not a Hone-effect. Requires being near others at all times. Complicates things a bit.

Thought 1: Really wants Distant Counter. Do you sacrifice Oracle Breath, Bonus Doubler, or neither?
  • Remove Oracle Breath: Eliminates Nah's Special protection, so to speak. (Deems it unlikely to activate.) Considers that fairly important for tanks. Gains 5 Hitpoints and 4 Defense or Resistance at the cost of 7 attack and follow-up prevention, also.
  • Remove Bonus Doubler: Loses a lot of effective stats. Cannot equip anything like Distant Defense 4 to make up for it.
  • Neither: Must have full buffs (or at least defensive buffs) at all times. Amplifies the problem of Panic.
Thought 2: Is Infantry Breath worth it? Looks great on paper. Places Nah next to the tank, however. Becomes more likely to take ranged attacks. Slows down the kill rate (important on difficult maps), assuming no means of countering. Separates Nah from other units, however. Ought to capitalize on it.

Thought 3: What type of team do they go on? Wants to use Infantry Breath, despite the Spur range.
  • Team Infantry Dragons: Fae, Nowi, and Ninian. The obvious choice, but not necessarily the best. Supertanks all around. Weak to Panic and especially any kind of (increasingly common) anti-dragon.
  • Team Mixed Earth Dragons: Legendary Tiki, Legendary Grima, and probably Myrrh. Better hitpoints versus Panic. Cannot use Infantry Breath at all. Still horribly weak to anti-dragon.
  • Team Water Tactics: Legendary Azura, probably Odin, and probably Cecelia. Still weak to Panic. Feels like a waste to use Infantry Breath.
  • Team Link Infantry: ...Mordecai and two others? Buffs Nah through Link B-skills (available from Valentine's Titania and soon Cynthia). Feels like a hassle to set up. May reduce the team-wide Panic weakness with high hitpoint characters.
  • Team Rally Infantry: Maybe Performing Azura? Buffs Nah through Rally Assist skills. Locked the best options to five-star characters. Ditto for Feint B-skills. Wastes someone's turn for weak buffs. Ick. Replaces Bonus Doubler easily, however. Not a fan.
  • Team Wave Infantry: Maybe Nino, maybe Helbindi, and some others. Buffs Nah with Wave C-skills. Seems inconsistent.
  • Team L-Wind: Legendary Lyn, Legendary Lucina, and probably Lukas. Skipped over this element while thinking earlier. Forgot about the second Wind Infantry hero (Lucina). Looks really solid. Grants Nah the hitpoints to resist Panic. Destroys Naga and Falchions. Heard good things about Legendary Lyn's tanking abilities. Knows about Lukas's glory already. Could add in a few Link B-skills (and maybe Wave C-skills, just in case).
Likes L-Wind already. Blessed Lukas with Wind ages ago. Considered nabbing Infantry with "+10 Special Damage" (like Wo Dao). Will definitely give Infantry Dragons a chance beforehand, of course.

(L-Wind negatives: Only pulled a single bad version of both legendary heroes. Foddered a Steady Breath off once...to Lukas. Figures.)

Remains somewhat uncertain about Bonus Doubler. Never pulled Distant Counter fodder anyways. Prefers not to ditch Oracle Breath. Could run match-ups later to see the difference. Plans this team to be mainly for Player versus Environment content. Wonders about Surtr match-ups regardless.

Looks forward to future banners (pun unintended). Spends orbs more freely. Cares less about a banner being "the one". Holds no hope for Beruka receiving an alternate version (just the refine).

Related: Wants refines for old healers. How often do you see Lissa, Sakura, Wrys, Serra, and the like? Considered +10 Sakura for colorless, out of favoritism. Imagines lackluster performance, however. (No good skill fodder either.)

Diarkia124

Master of Jacks
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Andrew
IGN
Andrew
Kagero's refine is rather entertaining to use. Special Sprial-Glimmer annihilates everything and the 50% damage helps a lot with the longevity, especially with her low HP.

Also, obligatory wishlist of a Shamshir refine for Marisa.

Deva

"Regular" Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
US Eastern Time
3DS FC
4210-4539-8161
IGN
Deva
Feels torn between adding a merge to Nah and saving for Hector's revival banner. Leans towards the latter. Increases the likelihood of using Nah.

Pulled the trigger on +10 Clair for better scoring. Chose them over Lukas due to being used more often. Helps via ploys as well. Awaits a better colorless option still.

Created a new Most Wanted List. Cleared off the old one. Derives some joy out of anticipating and obsessing (provided appropriate expectations and a decent wait time). Meant for it to be five characters again. Wound up being shorter: Mitama and maybe Midori (both Fates). Views several characters not in yet favorably, but not enough to save.

Tried out Rokkr Sieges. Awards Most Valuable Unit to Valentine's Ike. Brings special cooldown reduction and self-sustain. Tanks the boss all day long. Predicts special cooldown reduction to become the meta here. (Edit: Or perhaps just Noontime? Ought to heal ridiculous amounts. Permits full uptime, if so.)

Last edited:

Giron

Literal Rant
AKA
Brandon
Time Zone
AEST (GMT/UTC +10)
3DS FC
3840-6760-9669

Summer Heroes Incoming! The First Princess of Nifl, Gunnthra (Colourless Dagger Cavalry); The First and Second Princesses of Muspel, Laegjarn (Blue Tome Flier) and Laevatein (Green Tome Flier), and Muspel's third general Helbendi (Sword Infantry) are coming to Heroes with a new Paralogue. As well, Nifl's Third Princess Ylgr (Axe Infantry) will be available in the coming Tempest Trials.

Honestly... I'm not entirely interested in this banner. MIGHT try and save up the orbs, but I'm a terrible orb saver, anyway. (Been trying to get Delthea from the Weekly revival and failing miserably)

Deva

"Regular" Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
US Eastern Time
3DS FC
4210-4539-8161
IGN
Deva
Easy skip here. Combined the least favorite banner theme with zero attachment characters. Works out well, given a depleted orb supply. Will probably get them without trying anyways. Acquired normal Laevatein and New Year's Gunnthra (the first copy) on free pulls. Wound up with four normal Helbindis. (Probably one from the Voting Gauntlet free pull, one from a Legendary banner, and two off-focus.) Proves more difficult when actually trying to summon them, however.

Hopes to reach Grand Summoner for the first time. Scored 3720. Stands at Rank 1907 currently, with 2405 being the cutoff. Frets about the new R Duel Infantry skill. Could sacrifice a normal Helbindi for G Duel Infantry on Soren, if necessary.

Silver

Ice Ice Baby
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Christian
Gunnthra please come home. :cryingazurill:

Rockie

Dark Envoy
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Rockie
Time Zone
GMT
3DS FC
5043-2301-9525
Switch FC
SW-0094-9126-2724
IGN
Rockie
gunnthra is disGUSTing
Hi yes I'm still on these forums totally AHEM so!
I love 7/8 book 2 characters so I'm totally happy to see everyone except Gunnthra get a new alt. Helbindi DESERVES an alt he is a fantastic boy. Overall the banner's been REALLY good for me already. Only spent around 120 orbs by this point and I've got:
Summer Helbindi, Summer Laegjarn, regular Laegjarn, Hardin, Olwen, Mareeta (for a third time!) and Lewyn.

I started making an Astra team with Naga, Mareeta, Lugh and Leanne for Aether Raids. Mareetas base kit is already superb so not much needs changing, plus now she's +1 and has no bane! Naga i only really have on the team because she's obvs the only Astra Mythic so far, I don't plan on changing her much but I do need her. Leanne is mainly just there to sing for Mareeta, need to check her stats and skills before I figure out a build though.
Lugh on the other hand I'm excited about, kept Mirror Stance and inherited Sandwiches! From Picnic Leo which has the same effect. Just thought I'd double check with y'all smart people, that combo would stack right? The other idea I had was to keep Gronnserpent and inherit Distant Defense from the same Leo. I want him to be a fantastic enemy phase ranged tank.

Deva

"Regular" Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
US Eastern Time
3DS FC
4210-4539-8161
IGN
Deva
Lugh on the other hand I'm excited about, kept Mirror Stance and inherited Sandwiches! From Picnic Leo which has the same effect. Just thought I'd double check with y'all smart people, that combo would stack right? The other idea I had was to keep Gronnserpent and inherit Distant Defense from the same Leo. I want him to be a fantastic enemy phase ranged tank.
Stacks as assumed, yes. Be careful around bows like Brave Lyn, though.

Rockie

Dark Envoy
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Rockie
Time Zone
GMT
3DS FC
5043-2301-9525
Switch FC
SW-0094-9126-2724
IGN
Rockie
Stacks as assumed, yes. Be careful around bows like Brave Lyn, though.
Excellent! Yeah bows and certain daggers will screw him over, 'specially the mounted ones. Thank you kindly-

Deva

"Regular" Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
US Eastern Time
3DS FC
4210-4539-8161
IGN
Deva
Made Grand Summoner. Checked three hours before the reset. Was at Rank 2500 with 3740 points, with Rank 3000 as the cutoff. Grabbed G Duel Infantry for an extra 20 points. Worth it.

Missed Aether Raids Tier 21 by 55 points, unfortunately. Ended at 45 stamina too. Made two teams of Naga and legendaries (plus Caineghis on one) for easy themed maps. Chose them a few times. Never expected to actually come close.

Diarkia124

Master of Jacks
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Andrew
IGN
Andrew
Kind of disappointing that both L!Lucina and L!Marth are not in season when they are bonus units as that would have helped me get into T21. But I still am comfortably in 19.5 for the most part.

Summer Gunntra took much longer than I would have wanted to be summoned which really limits my chances at the new legendary hero/L!Lucina in the banner this Friday. My other planned summons are for Lucina in her revival banner, Deirdre in her revival banner, and Brave Micaiah in the future. I also will finish my +10 BK in a few weeks as I'm nearing the amount of grails for the last merge.

Rockie

Dark Envoy
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Rockie
Time Zone
GMT
3DS FC
5043-2301-9525
Switch FC
SW-0094-9126-2724
IGN
Rockie
@Deva congrats on grand summoner! You have reached a height I will most certainly never attain lol

Managed to snag summer Helbindi and Laegjarn, as well as a Lewyn on a free summon and even summer Tana so I'm in a pretty good mood. Managed to get another Reyson to merge and 3 more Libras, just 60k feathers and my Libra will be +8, nearing the top now!
I hate aether raids with a passion and waiting to have enough grails to summon my next Joshua is killing me. At 327 right now, next one I need is at 400. deep depressing sigh of impatience and mild displeasure

Giron

Literal Rant
AKA
Brandon
Time Zone
AEST (GMT/UTC +10)
3DS FC
3840-6760-9669

New Legendary Hero inbound! Legendary Eliwood is a Wind-based Sword Cavalry Legendary unit with the Pair-Up ability.

Out of this banner, I'll be going for Grima, Veronica, and most definitely Yune. Will I get them? No idea.

Rockie

Dark Envoy
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Rockie
Time Zone
GMT
3DS FC
5043-2301-9525
Switch FC
SW-0094-9126-2724
IGN
Rockie
FINALLY its been near enough a whole year since Legendary Lyn and Hector! Eliwood only has one alt! As for the units on the banner otherwise, the only one I don't want at all is Selkie. Anyone else I'm totally fine with getting. After all New Year Hríd is back for it and i think i've expressed my undying love for Nifl's First Prince enough here already.

Silver

Ice Ice Baby
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Christian
I’m not in a very good mood right now.

D8B82B9C-C460-40ED-B3AE-0A2EFBB0F27F.jpeg

Deva

"Regular" Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
US Eastern Time
3DS FC
4210-4539-8161
IGN
Deva
Evidently stole Silver's luck. Tossed a few orbs at the summer revival banner with Female Robin. (Wanted Lance Valor.) Appeared on the third blue orb.

Acquired New Year's Hrid (+Attack / -Speed) on the first full pull of the legendary banner. Decided to do another. Yielded Selkie (+Hitpoints / -Speed). Why not another? Legendary Ryoma (+Hitpoints / -Attack). Saw zero greens until now. Wanted at least one shot at Yune. Fourth full pull: Yune (+Defense / -Attack) on the first green and Gunnthra (+Speed / -Defense) on the third green.

No ridiculous luck on the voting gauntlet banners. Cannot complain at all. Hopes to continue the good fortune into Hector's banner.

Completed Legendary Eliwood's Infernal map relatively quickly, despite the clear spike in difficulty. Used Valentine's Ike, Soren, Legendary Azura, and Odin (with Dull Ranged). Failed to kill green units several times with Valentine's Ike. Switched tactics to defeating Eliwood quickly. Discovered a configuration where Eliwood rushes forward to rally. Melted to Odin. Survived the nearby Life and Death archer's attack with 1 hitpoint. Thrashed the map from there onwards.

New refines: Not as desired, but all deserving. Watches Matthew's with the greatest interest. Needs to be amazing, though. Matches Caeda's attack stat.

Edit: Two Hectors for ~90 orbs. Solid. Foddered the first off to Nah. Held onto the other one.

Last edited:

Giron

Literal Rant
AKA
Brandon
Time Zone
AEST (GMT/UTC +10)
3DS FC
3840-6760-9669
Well... my luck has consisted of two Hot Spring Hinokas at around 9% for both. Yep. Hinoka. Not Yune, Not Guunthra... Hinoka. Fun times. And I have spent orbs on this damn thing.

Anyway, Male Byleth was announced as a promotional unit (A Sword Infantry, from the looks of it - and obviously with Neutral IVs) for those that have purchased Three Houses, registered it and earned Gold Points from it. This is available til June 29 2020 - so that's quite a long time for this unit (the promotional version). Male Byleth will also be available in summoning banners after late July.