Fire Emblem Heroes {Book 4 Edition!}

Silver

Ice Ice Baby
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Christian
I ended up getting Summer Gunnthra. IVs are lame being +HP -Def, but I’ll take it.

We better be getting female Byleth as well or I’m going to riot.

Deva

"Regular" Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
US Eastern Time
3DS FC
4210-4539-8161
IGN
Deva
Released a new calendar. Shows New Heroes banners on July 22 and August 7. Presumes the July 22 banner to be Three Houses, based on the Male Byleth announcement. Bets on August 7th being Three Houses too. Dropped Choose Your Legends at the end of August previously (August 21 and 31). Doubts a two banner gap for a new Fire Emblem game (not to mention four straight New Heroes banners).

Hopes for multiple demotions for the Three Houses banners. Demoted Boey, Mae, Clair, and Lukas for Echoes's debut. (Note: Released those banners one month apart. Alm's Army -> Greil Mercenaries -> Celica's Army.) Settles for any at this point, though.

Plans to refrain from both banners. Opts to save for Brave Micaiah over someone with no attachment. (Does not own a Switch at present.) Would take a good Forging Bonds to change that. Picks out favorites pretty quickly, admittedly. Could be sufficient.

Rockie

Dark Envoy
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Rockie
Time Zone
GMT
3DS FC
5043-2301-9525
Switch FC
SW-0094-9126-2724
IGN
Rockie
Honestly there are so many characters from 3 houses that I like already from just glimpses of design and personality that I want to say I wont summon on the banners but I very likely will.
As for the inevitable brave banner its Micaiah, Camilla, Alm and Eliwood if I'm remembering right and I definitely like Alm and Eliwood (I dont really know anything about Micaiah) I don't think I'll summon for that one unless there's some really good skills or really cool designs. It took til now for Eliwood to get a legendary alt so maybe he does deserve the love.

Silver

Ice Ice Baby
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Christian
Three Houses will likely just focus on the lords, none of whom I’m attached to so that’ll probably be an autoskip. If there is indeed a second one, I might be tempted if Dorothea, Hilda, or Petra are on there. For now though, I’m going to to keep going for Summer Lyn and possibly a better IV Ursula.

Giron

Literal Rant
AKA
Brandon
Time Zone
AEST (GMT/UTC +10)
3DS FC
3840-6760-9669

Fodlan Heroes Incoming! Edelgard (Axe Infantry), Dimitri (Lance Cavalier), and Claude (Bow Cavalier) join the roster in Heroes, along with Female Byleth (Sword Infantry) - voiced by Jeannie Tirado - and a new story chapter! As well, Kronya, one of the Nightcrawlers, will be available as a Grand Hero Battle.

And wow, the Creator Sword being a cooldown neutraliser, that's pretty nice. Definitely wanting all 4 of these characters.

Last edited:

Deva

"Regular" Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
US Eastern Time
3DS FC
4210-4539-8161
IGN
Deva
Basically designed Female Byleth to shut down Nah. Neutralizes Oracle Breath, Quick Riposte, and Infantry Breath with the weapon alone. Tacked on extra special damage against dragons too. Feels sort of okay about Female Byleth, despite that. Dislikes how good Bold/Vengeful Fighter, Warding/Steady Stance 4, and Sturdy/Mirror Impact are. Confined this to a sword too. Would be very different on a ranged weapon.

Set up Claude to demote. Perhaps Dimitri as well? Introduced Death Blow 4 during the previous Choose Your Legends. Hardly lit the world on fire, especially next to recent skills. Expects something far nastier in the upcoming Choose Your Legends banner.

Passes on these, based on the video. May be good units. Showed nothing better than Micaiah. (Ranks them fairly high, but definitely not unbeatable.)

Looks forward to Kronya more. Wanted a colorless infantry unit from grails (or a 3-4 star with a nice refine). Appears to fit the bill. Worries about the character, however. Gets Peri (from Fates) vibes from their portrait. Might bail on that.

__
Edit: Advanced to Tier 21 in Aether Raids, also. Blessed zero units with Light (and Astra). Take that, Mythic Banners.

Last edited:

Rockie

Dark Envoy
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Rockie
Time Zone
GMT
3DS FC
5043-2301-9525
Switch FC
SW-0094-9126-2724
IGN
Rockie
I'll be getting Male Byleth from the three houses bonus, but i'll definitely save some orbs for this banner mainly for Claude. Even if he's nothing special. I really like Claude okay. I'd like the others too but i'm not too fussed overall.

Trying to get another summer Laegjarn. I have two with awful boons and I do plan to keep one so I can give another blue unit her broken tome and/or swift sparrow 3 but I also want one that's good. Was pity broken by Mordecai today which i'm QUITE upset about

Deva

"Regular" Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
US Eastern Time
3DS FC
4210-4539-8161
IGN
Deva
Cannot pass on Summer Laegjarn's Worldsea Wave. General rule of thumb: Look for the "+" (such as Rogue Dagger+).

Silver

Ice Ice Baby
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Christian
My girl Byleth is a must have but I’m still struggling to get Lyn. Hopefully the former is more willing to come home when she shows up...

Not expecting demotes. Not even Claude. They’re all main characters after all.

Giron

Literal Rant
AKA
Brandon
Time Zone
AEST (GMT/UTC +10)
3DS FC
3840-6760-9669
Oooookay... that chapter was an interesting one.

When I read the words: My Sanity Died With Them, I knew that Lif was pretty damn crazy. Now if only his whole monologue was voiced... damn, that'd be amazing. Too bad that'll never happen.

Anyway, started on the Forging Bonds, haven't gotten far in it, aside from the C convos being unlocked (and hey, Anna's not trying to turn a profit - she's too busy being BAFFLED at Edelgard's attention to detail) Not sure if Claude just talks to the Summoner, though. Haven't read up on those, and don't plan to.

Deva

"Regular" Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
US Eastern Time
3DS FC
4210-4539-8161
IGN
Deva
Oooookay... that chapter was an interesting one.

When I read the words: My Sanity Died With Them, I knew that Lif was pretty damn crazy. Now if only his whole monologue was voiced... damn, that'd be amazing. Too bad that'll never happen.

Giron

Literal Rant
AKA
Brandon
Time Zone
AEST (GMT/UTC +10)
3DS FC
3840-6760-9669
Oookay, me like that movie. That was well done, and I really hope to see more in the future.

Anyway, I managed to snag F!Byleth and Edelgard in a few summon sessions... well... more than a few sessions. Unfortunately, they're both +Res (Byleth has -Atk, and Edelgard has -Def) so... could've been better, but I'll take what I can get.

Started the Tap Battles, as well as gotten all but the S conversations on everyone but Claude (those mushrooms, man. Careful of those mushrooms), so it'll be a bit more before I get those.

Giron

Literal Rant
AKA
Brandon
Time Zone
AEST (GMT/UTC +10)
3DS FC
3840-6760-9669

Mythic Hero Incoming! Sothis, the amnesiac dragon girl that lives in Byleth's head, is a Dark-based dragon infantry unit with a resistance boost. Seems to be rather speedy as well. As well, Male Byleth will be summonable in this banner.

Out of this banner, I'll be going for: Sothis, Byleth, and Fjorm. And maybe Eir as well. Idk.

Last edited:

Deva

"Regular" Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
US Eastern Time
3DS FC
4210-4539-8161
IGN
Deva
Plans the usual single full pull and no more. Acknowledges a great colorless pool. Finds the lack of interest odd.
  • Spend orbs on an old, outclassed unit (Minerva)? Sure. (Rectified a mistake. Owned a second one ages ago. Foddered them for Life and Death for Cordelia. Put them on an Aether Raid defense team recently too.)
  • Spend orbs on a spare, amazing Distant Defense 4? Plus maybe Legendary Alm? Eh.
Cannot explain the disconnect. Shrugs. May be a difference in perceived cost. Trusts any Choose Your Legend unit to have a perfect skill set out of the gate also.

Looks forward to the upcoming refines. Enters with low expectations. Appreciates them being out there, good or bad. Removes the "what if"s from the equation. Could be wrong, of course. Gave melee fliers and infantry casters decent refines in the past.

Pass on building Kronya, also. Should be a decent unit. Swallows a distaste for units sometimes, but not today.

Edit: Legendary Lyn (+Speed / -Resistance) from the full pull. The exact opposite of the current one. Feels satisfied.

Last edited:

Giron

Literal Rant
AKA
Brandon
Time Zone
AEST (GMT/UTC +10)
3DS FC
3840-6760-9669
Got Fjorm and Legendary Azura - no Sothis yet, annoyingly (and I've spent probably over 100 orbs). I should probably do more grinding on my Legendary Ike, because he still has Sol, not Radiant Aether (which is a HUGE problem for those legendary maps), and using my merged ordinary Ike isn't cutting it. So... yeah.

Voting Gauntlet has started, and Grand Conquests has ended. Fun times.

Deva

"Regular" Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
US Eastern Time
3DS FC
4210-4539-8161
IGN
Deva
Sounds about normal. Remembers seeing Reddit posts about estimated average orb costs on banners. Found one from Legendary Alm's first appearance. Ought to be similar.

Median cost for a specific red unit: 146 orbs.
Average specific red unit cost: 204 orbs.

Simulated that while only pulling red, also.

Reflected about playing the game. May be drawing to a close soon (or scaling back, at least). Enjoys playing with favorite characters and making them powerful. What else is there to do once the refines (and sort of Brave Micaiah) are released? What goal remains? Attained Grand Summoner and Tier 21 of Aether Raids. Fulfilled the power requirement well beyond anything desired. Cares very little about beating Abyssal maps. Views the other game modes (and those previously mentioned) as a means towards an end. Completes most on Auto now. Describes the ones that cannot as chores.

Explains the fixation on characters and refines, in retrospect. Treated them as the goal. Stockpiled resources to be ready immediately. (Grates a bit to see new, powercrept skills for that reason. Degrades that effort, bit by bit.)

Edit: FEH Channel.

Not excited for Lost Lore. Seems very passive.

Flashed the other skill icons for Choose Your Legends units briefly.
  • Camilla: Wrathful Staff and Attack Tactic
  • Eliwood: Attack/Speed Ruse and Speed Opening.
  • Micaiah: Something new and Ground Orders.
  • Alm: Chill Defense and something new (Threaten Speed/Attack 4?)
Not as ridiculous as expected.

Last edited:

Giron

Literal Rant
AKA
Brandon
Time Zone
AEST (GMT/UTC +10)
3DS FC
3840-6760-9669
I'm liking Brave Micaiah, and Alm using his Gaiden outfit is nice too. Lost Lore looks pretty interesting, despite taking hours.

Anyway, Legendary Julia got leaked - an Earth-based unit with Pair-Up. So... I guess Cassandra Lee Morris gets a Mythic AND a Legendary Hero to her name.

Rockie

Dark Envoy
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Rockie
Time Zone
GMT
3DS FC
5043-2301-9525
Switch FC
SW-0094-9126-2724
IGN
Rockie
The 3 new brave heroes are looking pretty great! Why 3? Because Camilla isn't even worth mentioning.
Definitely gonna shoot for Eliwood, I'm liking that lance and he just looks nice, though I wouldn't complain if I got Alm or Micaiah either.
Still haven't got Sothis, I might not even get her by the end of the event at this rate. I did manage to get Valentines Greil out of it though which I'm pleased with.

Giron

Literal Rant
AKA
Brandon
Time Zone
AEST (GMT/UTC +10)
3DS FC
3840-6760-9669
Okay... my luck seemed to be pretty good. Even after a crap ton of orbs. So...

Finally got my Legendary Ike to have Radiant Aether, so I beat the Infernal maps for L!Alm and L!Azura. Still have to do the others for their orbs - and waiting for an Infernal solution for freaking Sothis. Oh boy...

Speaking of, Free summon from the Movement Skills banner: Female Kana, +Res/-Spd.
Ticket summon on Hero Fest - Surtr, +Def/-Spd. Merged my +HP Surtr onto it.

And I got a Sothis, too! Except she's +Res/-HP aka not a good Sothis (cue the amnesiac manakete having a minor fit)

EDIT: And Saber on the next batch of free summons. What the heck. Anyway, I did Kronya's map, but I still have different difficulties to beat. I... think I still have Lyn and Hector's infernal maps to do... but I don't particularly know how to do them. Crud.

Last edited:

Giron

Literal Rant
AKA
Brandon
Time Zone
AEST (GMT/UTC +10)
3DS FC
3840-6760-9669

More Fodlan Heroes incoming! Hilda of the Golden Deer (Axe infantry), Hubert of the Black Eagles (Red Tome Infantry), Mercedes of the Blue Lions (Staff Infantry), and the Brigid Princess Petra of the Black Eagles (Blue Dagger Flier) are coming to Heroes, along with a new Book 3 chapter that focuses on Veronica and Thrasir. Instead of a Tempest Trials, the Death Knight (probably a Lance Cavalier) will be available in a new Grand Hero Battle.