first!!!1!!1!!

Alex

The Firelord
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Ardent, TorterraOats
Time Zone
EST
We all have done it. What is something that you have done for bragging rights and bragging rights only?

I have been big into Fortnite since around February, and I soon found that I had everything Battlepass-related on my account. Now I feel the need to max out every Battlepass in order to satisfy the completionist in me. This include grinding out missions every week, on top of whatever random events they throw at us.

I also am making this lovely General Chat thread :^)

Thundawave

♪ Aroma White ♪
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Thunda, Regine
Time Zone
EST
3DS FC
4184-1904-4290
Switch FC
SW-2896-2294-7693
IGN
Regine
Fishing for 100 total likes on Azurilland before it gets archived. Why else would I have posted a picture in the photo thread so close to the sunset? :^)

Marriland

Founder
AKA
Dev
Time Zone
CDT
Recently, I played through EarthBound and got every single 1/128 drop item, known as the 1/128 challenge. I think there's 25 of these items in total. Some of the items are useful, but most are just pretty basic, so it was really only for bragging rights. Took about 51½ hours but I managed to do it, mostly just so I could say I did.

Nick!

Big Gamer God
Staff Emeritus
People of Play Counselor
AKA
Nick
on god alex why would you flex that you complete all the battlepasses in fortnite

what is something i have done just for bragging rights? uhh. good question. i dunno. can't really think of anything.

Alex

The Firelord
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Ardent, TorterraOats
Time Zone
EST
on god alex why would you flex that you complete all the battlepasses in fortnite

what is something i have done just for bragging rights? uhh. good question. i dunno. can't really think of anything.
Because I can't help myself. I'm 14 years old. I have the Black Knight though, so I'm the best 14 year old.

Last edited:

SarasaKat

bibb pretty
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Kat
Time Zone
EST
In Hat in Time, there's this mode you can put on which instantly kills you if you have it activated and get hit once. I thought that having that activated while fighting the final boss would be a good way to spend my time before the DLC came out. I mean I did it, but jeez it was one hell of a ride. There's also the Inner Agent 3 fight in Octo Expansion, which took me approximately 50 tries on I wanna say? And the finally, going against Sans in the Genocide route was a matter of bragging rights, it wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it'd be though.

I think literally any Smash Camp related achievement I may have is purely for bragging rights as well, who does SC for anything outside of that?

Alex

The Firelord
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Ardent, TorterraOats
Time Zone
EST
In Hat in Time, there's this mode you can put on which instantly kills you if you have it activated and get hit once. I thought that having that activated while fighting the final boss would be a good way to spend my time before the DLC came out. I mean I did it, but jeez it was one hell of a ride. There's also the Inner Agent 3 fight in Octo Expansion, which took me approximately 50 tries on I wanna say? And the finally, going against Sans in the Genocide route was a matter of bragging rights, it wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it'd be though.

I think literally any Smash Camp related achievement I may have is purely for bragging rights as well, who does SC for anything outside of that?
Smash Camp reminds me of another useless bragging right: I got a perfect score in Geoguessr. People try to say I cheated so it doesn't count, but even with heavy research, getting the pointer in the exact right location takes effort. It's still my crowning achievement in Smash Camp.

seaturtle

Spirit Bridge
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Chris
Time Zone
MST
Switch FC
SW-3906-8627-4487
resetting the count more than any other staff member (: (: (:

SarasaKat

bibb pretty
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Kat
Time Zone
EST
resetting the count more than any other staff member :):):)
calling ******** you reset bc you want to see people suffer :^)

Games w/ achievements in them drive me nuts bc I feel like I gotta do all the achievements for bragging rights points but that's also Effort

Lazuli

✧ Star Fish ✧
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Kaity and Bijou
Time Zone
GMT -6
3DS FC
3840-6615-2879
IGN
Kaity, Bijou, Lapis, or Lazuli (depends on the game)
I honestly have no idea. I don't really go out of my way for this kind of stuff..

Gokudera

Vocalist
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Devin
Recently, I played through EarthBound and got every single 1/128 drop item, known as the 1/128 challenge. I think there's 25 of these items in total. Some of the items are useful, but most are just pretty basic, so it was really only for bragging rights. Took about 51½ hours but I managed to do it, mostly just so I could say I did.
That's the main reason Chugga did his Let's Play of Earthbound, isn't it?

Bluejay

((knowledge increase))
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Time Zone
CST
At one point in Smite I was obsessed with collecting every possible skin for a couple of characters I mained (Neith, Medusa mainly). I gave up on it though when I started losing interest in the game, however.

I have a couple of bragging rights that I can think of right away but they are quizbowl related so I don't want to go too into detail trying to explain everything, but I will say that making it through the entire preliminary rounds of the collegiate nationals tournament without getting a single incorrect penalty on tossup questions while placing in the top 10 highest scorers was something noteworthy. (Having zero "negs" is a really tough feat even for a player who isn't aggressive on the buzzer.)

Pantheon

Right. On. Cue!
Staff Emeritus
Getting a pink tail in Final Fantasy IV.

For the unaware: a pink tail is an item with a 0.078% chance of a drop rate from a pink puff. You encounter 5 of these at a time so the actual drop chance is 0.39% (still super low). You can trade them for the best armor item in the game, but it's not needed in any way to beat the game or any of the bonus content.

Took me about 10 hours of grinding before I got one to drop. It wasn't worth it at all but it's cool to be able to say 'I did that'.

Alex

The Firelord
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Ardent, TorterraOats
Time Zone
EST

For the unaware: a pink tail is an item with a 0.078% chance of a drop rate from a pink puff. You encounter 5 of these at a time so the actual drop chance is 0.39% (still super low). You can trade them for the best armor item in the game, but it's not needed in any way to beat the game or any of the bonus content.

Took me about 10 hours of grinding before I got one to drop. It wasn't worth it at all but it's cool to be able to say 'I did that'.
Honestly though, sometimes we'll do something dumb like that in a game just to say we did it. I did the same thing in Stardew Valley with the museum. You need to find like 50 rare objects for the museum from digging up spots on the ground. About 8 of these spawn per day and a lot of items only happen in specific areas with a 1% chance of spawn. I finished the museum, and it took 100+ hours of gameplay (It wasn't the only thing I did but I dug the spots whenever I saw them).

ninetales

Advanced Trainer
Staff Emeritus
Uhh I'm pretty competitive so I'm sure there are tons but I actually can't remember that many. I've memorised every single pigment number and its modern name, I learnt every Pokemon name in Japanese and Chinese, and spent hours for the high score in Spikes for Smash Camp.

Marriland

Founder
AKA
Dev
Time Zone
CDT

I actually really envy you, because I grinded for hours trying to get the Pink Tail in FFIV (well, worse yet, "FFII" on SNES so it was a 1/64 chance of running into them in the first place since there's no sirens/alarms/whatever they're called to summon the rare encounter). Nice job on getting that!

Dregran

Shocking Trainer
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
UTC +10
Usually, I grind loot boxes or spend money to get all of the unlockable items in events on Overwatch. Haven't gotten 100% for a while, though.

God

a Mess
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
AKA
Alex
Time Zone
EST
Uhhh I had Neo Pax Sivir before my perma. Got like 5 gemstones in a few weeks (2?) which is CRAZY (I'll edit the chances in later).

my big brag though is that i got the name SR and the name IWD on League of Legends NA though. Idk why IWD didn't take his own name but he didn't lol

And I hit plat in my first year of playing :3

Vigilance

The Devil Himself
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Scored my first collegiate goal. Humblebrag