First Videogame Console?

juiccbox

local buffoon
AKA
Juice/Juice man
First game console you got or remember playing?
Mine was a PlayStation 2, would always play Spider-Man on it with my dad

Cynical Toast

Proud Gamer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Caroline
Time Zone
EST
Switch FC
4099-4174-0519
My first console was also a PS2, my dad got it to play some FPS and he passed it on to me. Aside from the sparse handful of old Sonic and Spyro games and Ratchet & Clank, which I didn't play until I was 16, all my games were licensed games. And to be fair, some of them were pretty fun. I also played Nicktoons Unite, which is quite possibly the worst video game ever made. I'd love to rant about it in detail, but that require playing it again- which as far as I'm concerned is a fate worse than death.

Thundawave

♪ Aroma White ♪
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Thunda, Regine
Time Zone
EST
3DS FC
4184-1904-4290
Switch FC
SW-2896-2294-7693
IGN
Regine
First one I got for myself and not as a hand-me-down was the DSi. First one I played was either the PlayStation or the Dreamcast (lol) when my brother wanted to do multiplayer for his games. Granted, I was probably really bad because I was like 5, but oh well.

juiccbox

local buffoon
AKA
Juice/Juice man
My first console was also a PS2, my dad got it to play some FPS and he passed it on to me. Aside from the sparse handful of old Sonic and Spyro games and Ratchet & Clank, which I didn't play until I was 16, all my games were licensed games. And to be fair, some of them were pretty fun. I also played Nicktoons Unite, which is quite possibly the worst video game ever made. I'd love to rant about it in detail, but that require playing it again- which as far as I'm concerned is a fate worse than death.

I have fortunately never played nicktoons unite, but i had nickelodeon party blast for my Xbox and I’m very positive it’s no better.
I had sonic riders for my ps2, which is unfortunately my first sonic game. at least I’ve been able to play the masterpiece that is sonic 2 since then.

You go to the lowest circle hell and all it is is a small room with a tv and PlayStation, the only game on it is nicktoons unite. If you do not play it for your minimum time of 7 hours a day, the shock collar around your neck will activate. have fun

monandd

Junior Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
UTC-4:00
My first videogame console was my Game Boy Color, the purple translucent edition, with both Pokémon Gold and Pokémon Crystal (played Gold first). That's when I fell in love with Typhlosion <3

Soon after that, I got a Playstation (1) for Christmas, which was my first home console. I had SOOO much fun with Spyro, Crash, the Harry Potter games... I'm kinda sad that I left my console at my parents' and didn't bring it with me to my current place of living.

Typhlosion

Heart and Soul
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
US Central (GMT -6:00)
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
Hah, mine was a DS Lite. Got it for Christmas when I was 10 along with HeartGold. Screens were small but it worked just fine. That kept me going no problem until the 3DS era of Pokemon came along and I had to upgrade to play Gen VI.

gylfie

rawr
a grey gameboy SP! I don’t remember exactly which the first game was that I played on it, but I remember playing frogger, a mickey series that had 3 games (I think I played two of them), the first zelda game, dr Mario and a handful of other games I’m forgetting. Can’t remember how old I was at the time, but I remember that I’d play them til my fingers hurt from mashing the buttons or my parents told me that I needed a break eheh

Blaiddyd

Rookie Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Avery
Time Zone
CET
My first console was the Nintendo 3DS.

Vaporeon

Rookie Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Jeez....you guys make me feel old (I'm only 27, but still haha). The first video game console I remember playing is my uncle's SNES.

The first game console I was given was the "Jungle Green" Nintendo 64, and the first handheld I owned was a "Teal" Gameboy Color.

In regards to games, here's what I remember playing first:
- The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES)
- Super Mario 64 (N64)
- Pokemon Gold (GBC)

Arceus thrasher

New Trainer
AKA
Matt
Time Zone
GMT +10
My first console was a SNES. It was a Christmas gift from my Uncle for my sister and I, and I remember 5 games coming with it (Yoshi's Island, Super Mario Kart, Super Mario World, Donkey Kong Country, and Killer Instinct). 23 years later and I've still got it. The console, and the games, all work perfectly fine, but one of the controllers has bite marks from when 6-year-old me got frustrated on certain levels, haha.

My first handheld was a Gameboy. Tetris and Bugs Bunny are the first two games I remember playing.

Anthrix

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
Greenwich Mean Time
I remember playing Ocarina Of Time and Star Wars Racer on the demo N64 in Argos, and i remember being blown away by them at the time. That Easter, my parents treated me to my Game Boy Colour, which I still have in near perfect condition, with Links Awakening DX. Wow, what a game.

I'd played and owned games on the Sega Mega Drive before that (Gunstar Heroes and Sonic Hedgehog 2 are two of my most favourite games and I've bought it on so many other platforms since...), but the Game Boy Colour was my first.