Nuzlocke Scramble From Light Fang to Alola ~ Pokemon Ultra Sun String Hexalocke + Episode RR Scramble (Bonus Chapter 1)

SAF

Second Violinist
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
AKA
Sania
Time Zone
+7 GMT
IGN
Sayo, Koh, Ami, Aevia, Chitose
Uh, um, hello there. SAF here is going to do her first documented Nuzlocke challenge. However, this won't be a vanilla Nuzlocke because she has decided to make this a String Hexalocke (see the general rules here, the detailed one for this playthrough will be in the story's intro).

Okay, please excuse my third-person view. I'm going to play Pokemon Ultra Sun for this one as a boy named Koh.
He's originally one of the possible player character in Digimon World Dawn and the rival in Digimon World Dusk (similar to Brendan/May in RSE and ORAS but version-based instead of gender-based), so you can expect a whole lot of Digimon crossovers here. However, due to some stuffs in real life (and my scramble too), I don't think I can give updates that often, thus I implore your patience if you do get interested in this playthrough.

That being said, allow me to explain the parts of my playthrough updates here via these spoilers. Please note that depending on how it's going, only necessary parts are available in every chapters.
This is the main story with Koh as the main character. I know it's pretty self-explanatory, but this part describes how he has gone so far. Here are all the chunks of his adventure:
Also, the story here will be continued by Episode RR with Elio (a.k.a. the male protagonist's default name) as the main character instead of Koh, hence the change of challenge type. It will take place several days after Koh's departure back to the Digital world.
This is Koh's (and by extension, Elio's) Pokemon team as of the current chapter. Since this is the String Hexalocke, I'll add the instruments note alongside the general notes (name, species, moves, etc.). And by the word "the instruments note", I mean whether that particular Pokemon is a violinist/violist/cellist. It will be ditched during Elio's arc, though.
Only available in Koh's arc, this is basically the death list in the regular Nuzlocke. However, since this is the String Hexalocke (again) and I don't feel like using the word "die" or anything similar here, I'll refer to fainted Pokemon as the "broken instruments" instead.
Only available in Elio's arc, this is where I list all Pokemon not included in the main squad during the post game. It means anything other than what people gave to me as Elio's Pokemon in the main squad will come here.
This part contains things that I, as the author, have to say about the chapter I've gone through. Maybe I'll go for an afterthought or something if I feel like doing so.
Since this is a Pokemon forum, I think I'll have to explain some Digimon-related terms here because as I said before, there will be lots of Digimon crossovers in the storyline. If any of you do know anything about the terms, please correct me if I'm wrong.

This is Koh's Digimon partner, Coronamon. Sometimes Koh (and by extension, the author herself) needs someone's help when it comes to the Pokemon strategies, and Coronamon here is willing to ask for it in this part. And please note that everything asked here will be from Coronamon's POV, so I'm sorry if the questions' wordings are a little bit weird. Don't worry, though. I'll rephrase the questions in the Challenger's Clan in case anybody don't get it.
And here is the list of Pokemon encounters in this String Hexalocke. Everything here are given the status regarding their positions: "active" (in the party, listed in Poke-Team), "backup" (kept in the PC, not listed anywhere in the updates), or "broken" (fainted or "dead" in the general Nuzlocke term, listed in Broken Instruments).
Starter: :incineroar: Flare the violinist (active)
Route 1 (Hau'oli Outskirt): :vikavolt: Kokuwamon the violist (broken)
Route 1 (beach): :wingull: Marine the violist (broken)
Route 1 (Pokemon School): :alolanpersian: BlackGatomon the cellist (broken)
Hau'oli City: :alakazam: Renamon the cellist (backup)
Route 2: :ekans: Sandira the violist (backup)
Hau'oli Cemetery: :crobat: Myotis the violist (broken)
Verdant Cavern: :alolandiglett: Drimogemon the cellist (broken)
Melemele Meadow: :cottonee: Pillomon the violinist (broken)
Seaward Cave: :psyduck: Chapmon the violinist (broken)
Route 3: :mankey: Apemon the cellist (broken)
Ten Carat Hill: :mawile: Levi the cellist (broken)
Route 4: :toucannon: Toucan the violist (backup)
Paniola Ranch: :mudbray: Unimon the violinist (broken)
Route 5: :fomantis: Snimon the violinist (broken)
Brooklet Hill: :poliwhirl: ShogunGeko the violinist (broken)
Heahea Beach: :gumshoos: Gabumon the violist (backup, totem-sized)
Route 6: :sylveon: Viximon the violist (active, egg hatched there)
Route 7: :wishiwashi: Swimmon the violinist (backup)
Wela Volcano Park: :fletchinder: Falcomon the violinist (broken)
Kala'e Bay: :salamence: Wingdramon the violist (backup)
Melemele Sea: :gyarados: Seadramon the violinist (backup)
Dividing Peak Tunnel: :kecleon: Chamelemon the violist (backup)
Route 8: :bewear: Monzaemon the cellist (active)
Lush Jungle: :tsareena: Rosemon the violinist (active)
Diglett's Tunnel: :pupitar: Tyrannomon the cellist (broken)
Route 9: :ditto: Koko the violist (backup)
Memorial Hill: :trevenant: Woodmon the cellist (backup)
Akala Outskirts: :probopass: Compass the cellist (backup)
Hano Beach: :staryu: Starmon the violinist (backup)
Malie City Outer Cape: :garbodor: Sukamon the violist (backup)
Malie Garden: :araquanid: Aru the violinist (backup)
Route 10: :skarmory: Buraimon the cellist (active)
Route 11: :parasect: Mushroomon the violist (backup)
Mount Hokulani: :elgyem: Vemmon the cellist (backup)
Route 12: :houndoom: Devimon the violinist (backup)
Blush Mountain: :torkoal: ElDradimon the violinist (backup)
Tapu Village: :alolanninetales: Youko the violist (broken)
Mount Lanakila: :glalie: Hyogamon the violist (active, base), :absol: Angewomon the cellist (backup, upper part), :necrozma: ExoGrimmon the cellist virtuoso (backup)
Route 14: :jellicentf: Calmara the cellist (backup)
Abandoned Thrifty Megamart: :gengar: Phantomon the cellist (backup)
Haina Desert: :krookodile: Decker the violinist (backup)
Route 15: :tentacruel: Dragomon the violist (backup)
Route 16: :slowpoke: Shellmon the cellist (backup)
Lake of the Moone: :xatu: Mucho the cellist (backup, via Poke Pelago)
Ula'ula Meadow: :ledian: Tento the violist (backup)
Route 17: :alolanraticate: Tsukai the cellist (backup)
Route 13: :comfey: Lilly the violist (backup, via Poke Pelago)
Seafolk Village: :aerodactyl: Dynasmon the cellist (backup)
Poni Wilds: :furfrou: Rapidmon the violist (backup)
Ula'ula Beach: :crabrawler: Mojyamon the cellist (backup)
Ancient Poni Path: :granbull: Goblimon the violist (backup)
Poni Breaker Coast: :wailord: Whamon the violinist (backup)
Exeggutor Island: :pinsir: Kuwagamon the violist (backup)
Vast Poni Canyon: :carbink: Meteor the cellist (backup, cave), :machoke: Ouja the cellist (backup, canyon)
Ultra Space Wilds: :grumpig: Hakkai the cellist (backup)
Megalo Tower: :poipole: Waspmon the violist (backup)
Mahalo Trail: :solgaleo: Apollo the cellist virtuoso (backup)

Well, that's all for the introduction. I do apologize if my storytelling is kinda sloppy, and hope you all gonna enjoy it. :happyazurill:

Last edited:

SAF

Second Violinist
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
AKA
Sania
Time Zone
+7 GMT
IGN
Without further ado, here goes the story.
Light Fang and Night Claw, two of so many Tamer Organizations in the Digital world led by Glare (Light Fang) and Julia (Night Claw). Residing in Sunshine City and Darkmoon City respectively, these two organizations are basically rivals of each other.

Let's shift our attention to one of the Light Fang tamer, Koh. Right now he's chilling with his Digimon partner, Apollomon, in his own Tamer Home.
It's been only several minutes or so until his NaviDigimon, Gatomon, called him.
"Hey, Koh," Gatomon called. "Sayo's coming. Wanna meet her?" Seems like the cat Digimon got Koh wide awake. "That Sayo, right? Yes, please," he said. "Okay, I'll let her know then," Gatomon confirmed as she left.
Not long after that, a girl in purple and black came in. This girl is Sayo, Koh's rival from Night Claw.
She didn't come alone, though. She came with her Digimon partner, Dianamon. Like their tamers, Dianamon and Apollomon are rivals too.
"Hey there, girls," Koh greeted the Night Claw duo. "What's up?" Apollomon asked. It's quite unusual for a Night Claw tamer to visit a Light Fang's Tamer Home, after all.
Getting excited, Sayo came closer to Koh and Apollomon while Dianamon followed suit. She gave a flyer to Koh and told him to have a look. It's an advertisement of Alola, a Hawaii-like region in Pokemon world described as a natural paradise.

"What do you think, pal?" Koh asked Apollomon about it. "Well, I'd say this gonna be a good change of pace after all of the whole ChronoCore chaos and the Gaia Origin's challenge," Apollomon stated his mind in response to Koh's question. "But don't think I can fight there like how I usually do here, though. Right, Dianamon?" He continued, and as expected, Dianamon agreed. "Yeah. Chief Julia told us that all Digimon need to either stay here or go into their tamer's Digivice if they wanna come along when the tamer goes out from the Digital world."

The orange one is for Light Fang and the purple one is for Night Claw.
Surprised, Koh exclaimed, "Wait, what? Chief Julia did?" Sayo rolled her eyes and said, "Yeah. You better tell Chief Glare about this too." Koh nodded. "But still, what to do..." he thought.
Seeing Koh wondering what to do while they're in Alola, Sayo got an idea. "Say, Koh, you love string sextets, don't you?" she asked. "Yeah, why?" "Dianamon and I have researched about this Pokemon world, and I heard that some people there go for challenges during their adventures. It's called a Nuz... Nuz... what is it again?" Sayo explained, but seems like she forgot the term until Dianamon reminded her. "Nuzlocke, right?" "Oh, right, it's called a Nuzlocke. How if we do that while there?"
"Sounds good," Koh agreed. "And now that you asked me about string sextets, we can alter the challenge to reflect that, right?" he was thrilled to bits as he suggested it. "Good thinking. I have a rough draft about the rules at home. I'll send it to you later, so gotta go prepare things now," Sayo stood up, getting ready to leave. "Meet us at DigiColiseum when you're ready, 'kay?" she waved a goodbye to the Light Fang duo. "Will do. Bye for now," Koh said.
"And now, Chief Glare is in the Union Room, right?" he wondered. "Yeah. I hope he's really there," Apollomon said. "Alright. Let's go, buddy." The home owners left as well, leaving Gatomon behind.

Three hours later, Koh came to DigiColiseum alone. His Apollomon was degenerated into his Rookie form, Coronamon, and was sitting in his Digivice. He was going to watch some Digimon battles when Sayo came.
"Koh!!!" she called. "Sorry, I'm late." Koh turned around and found Sayo running to him. "Hey, chill now, I came just recently too," he said, still didn't believe that she would rush like that. Noticing that he was alone, she wondered, "Um, Koh, where's Apollomon?" "He's Coronamon now, and he's right here," Koh showed his Digivice. "Oh, Sayo, hi there," Coronamon greeted her. "Is Dianamon with you?" he asked. "Well, kinda," Sayo grabbed her Digivice pendant. "She's Lunamon now."
"By the way, you said that you'll send me the rules, right?" Koh reminded Sayo about their talks several hours ago. "Oh, right, here you go," she sent him this via their Digivices.
1. Only first encounter per area can be caught, but since we all need varieties, no catching Pokemon from the same family until you get something else as the "first encounter".

2. You must name everything.

3. You can carry up to six Pokemon at a time, and they must be 2 violinists, 2 violists, and 2 cellists. Here's the reference:

For which Pokemon is which, have Apollomon Coronamon / Dianamon Lunamon check this out. Also, feel free to shuffle the members around as long as they don't break the formation.

4. If someone gives you either a Pokemon or an egg, treat is as a freebie and keep it.

5. I heard that shinies and legendaries are quite rare in Pokemon world. If you happen to bump into one, it's basically a virtuoso, so treat it as a freebie. However, only a virtuoso per instrument can be with you at the same time (total up to 3 virtuosos).

6. A Pokemon breaks its instrument upon fainting. If that happens, it must be retired (a.k.a. must not be used anymore). However, if someone out there repaired their instruments (read: healed everyone up) without you asking, you can use them again. It would be rude to refuse the unexpected offer, after all.

7. Rule #3 only kicks in as soon as you get a starter, but everything else don't apply before getting your first Pokeballs.
After making sure everything's all set, they went to Kudamon at the worlds' gate counter.
"But the portal isn't 100% stable yet, are you sure about this?" he asked upon being told that the two tamers wanted to go to the Pokemon world. "We do, everything will be OK," Sayo assured him. "So please, let us travel there," Koh implored him too. Kudamon sighed and gave in.
The two held hands and transported away. However, due to the time-space disturbance (hence Kudamon's words), they got separated. As a result, they ended up in different timelines of Alola, with Sayo's timeline being 12 hours away from Koh's.
  • The ChronoCore and Gaia Origin serve as the main antagonist and post-game bosses (respectively) in Digimon World Dawn and Dusk, so according to Apollomon/Coronamon, this occurred after finishing the post-game.
  • I will only do Koh's part from next chapter onward. Sayo's part was already done in an undocumented Moon challenge.
  • The rules here are written from Sayo's perspective, so she didn't directly explain the clauses I use here (dupes, gift, limited shiny-legendary, type classification based on Pokemon Shuffle).
  • Digimon: Digital Monster a.k.a. Pokemon's counterpart from Digital world. Unlike Pokemon though, Digimon can talk like humans. Also, all Digimon names end with suffix -mon (except Metamon a.k.a. :ditto:'s Japanese name).
  • Tamer: people with Digimon, akin to Trainer with Pokemon.
  • Tamer Home: a basecamp for tamers, much like secret bases in Hoenn and Sinnoh. Every tamers have one each.
  • NaviDigimon: a Digimon tasked with Tamer Home care, one NaviDigimon for one Tamer Home.
  • Digivolution: Digimon's evolution. Unlike Pokemon, Digimon's evolutionary lines are branched by default and basically consist of five levels: In-Training, Rookie, Champion, Ultimate, and Mega. They're also capable of going back and forth between evolutions, with going back to their previous level being referred to as "degeneration".
  • Digivice: a device for empowering a tamer's Digimon through Digivolution. It also has more features such as radar and data storage.

Last edited:

SkylarAlpha

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Combining Pokémon and Digimon ey? I've never played the Digimon World games (I've only ever played Cyber Sleuth), but I did love the series so I kinda like the Digimon component! The String Hexalocke seems fun as well! Looking forward to how well your journey will go ^^

Reactions: SAF

SAF

Second Violinist
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
AKA
Sania
Time Zone
+7 GMT
IGN
@SkylarAlpha Yep. I chose Digimon World Dawn and Dusk for the initial setting because their theme is quite similar to gen 7 core games (sans Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee). And since all I have from those games are Moon and Ultra Sun in an emulator and I've already played Moon under the name Sayo and with similar rules (plus some mercy rules because that was my first non-hacked game played as a String Hexalocke and as the emulator's trial too), both runs won't feel right without having the same background story.
Okay, now that I'm at it, the (real) first chapter starts now.
Koh finally woke up in a bedroom after he fainted for quite some time. The first thing he saw and heard was a cat with cream-colored fur meowing loudly as if it was telling the home owner that he's awake. This kitty walks upright, much like Gatomon, which was intriguing for the tamer boy. Not long after that, another boy in a blue-and-white T-shirt and a black, knee-length shorts, came in. He's a little bit older than Koh.
"Thank goodness, you're awake," the boy was relieved. He grabbed a stool nearby and sat there. "I'm Elio. Nice to meet you," he introduced himself.

Elio in this story didn't wear the shoes, bag, and hat at this point.
"Y-yeah. I'm Koh. Nice to meet you." Koh did the same while still confused about whatever was going on. "Where am I?" "We're in my house now. I saw you unconscious at the beach and brought you here," Elio explained everything and it suddenly jolted Koh's memory. Panicked, he cried out, "Oh, wait, I was supposed to go to Alola with my friend, but we got separated somehow. What to do, what to do..." while pulling out the flyer Sayo gave him from his pocket and opened it. Elio had a look and laughed. "What are you talking about? This is Alola, y'know," he said without holding back his laughter. Koh surprised in disbelief and Coronamon, still in his Digivice, facepalmed. "Right now we're in Melemele Island. It's right here," Elio pointed at the second island from the left at Koh's flyer.

Koh was half relieved upon realizing it, but still worried about Sayo's safety. "Hey, Coronamon," the tamer picked up his Digivice. "Can you reach out to Sayo and Lunamon?" he asked worryingly. "Nope, I can't. Still dunno 'bout their whereabouts. Sorry," even Coronamon himself disappointed as he said it. Now it's Elio's turn to be curious and Koh ended up introducing Coronamon and the Digimon in general to him. He also explained about his and Sayo's quest in Pokemon world. "Now that's what I'd call interesting," Elio commented. At the very same moment, the cat from before hopped on his lap and sat there, begging for a pet. "Oh yeah, this kitty is Meowth :meowth:, and as you can see, she's a Pokemon," Elio introduced the kitty as he petted her. He also explained that they moved all the way from Kanto, so his :meowth: is different from the native ones (:alolanmeowth:). She actually filled Koh with awe at this point.
As soon as the :meowth: got off, Elio stood up. "Well, look at you, all soiled and dirty. Totally no good for an adventure." He picked up a change of clothes from his cupboard and gave it to Koh. "Here's a change, I'm sure you'll look good in this," he said. "For me?" the tamer still had his doubt. Elio nodded and left with his :meowth: to let Koh change his clothes.

Several minutes later, Elio came back into his room only to find Koh wearing the very same attire he gave him. "Much better," the trainer boy complimented. He immediately grabbed a camera and took this photo:
At Koh's request, Elio sent the photo to the Digivice and Coronamon happily accepted it. "Um, Elio," Koh said timidly. "Thank you." Elio shook his head and told Koh to go explore Melemele Island. That still didn't help for Koh's next question: where to start from. "Well, first things first, you'll need to go to the kahuna of this island," Elio suggested. "The kahuna?" Koh asked as this was the first time he heard about it. "Yeah. He's basically the leader of Melemele people. He lives in Iki Town, north from here," the trainer explained. For a Light Fang tamer and Digimon like Koh and Coronamon, this kahuna guy must be much like Glare when it comes to their leaderships. "Okay. Thanks again, Elio," Koh said as he left Elio's room. He also let Elio's mom know that he's off.

As soon as Koh got out from the house, he walked north per Elio's suggestion. He kept walking up to the first grass patch where a :yungoos: caught him off guard. Since Coronamon can't battle outside Digital world and Koh had no Pokemon at the moment, he was hopeless until three more Pokemon came and chased :yungoos: away.

"An owlet, a kitten, and a sea lion pup. Adorable," that's what Koh thought upon seeing these three. He was soon followed by a man in gray shorts and a lab coat without undershirt (seriously). The man introduced himself as Professor Kukui and formally welcomed Koh to the Pokemon world. He also told the tamer that these three are the starters for new trainers and they actually protected Koh because they knew one of them was going to be his anyway, so the professor offered to choose between Rowlet :rowlet: the owlet, Litten :litten: the kitten, and Popplio :popplio: the sea lion pup.

"Hey, Koh, if it were Sayo, she surely gonna pick :popplio:, right?" Coronamon said. "Most likely. But now that it's me, I gonna pick that one," Koh pointed at :litten:. The professor complimented his choice and asked him whether he wanted to name his new pal. Just when the tamer was going to give it a thought, Coronamon already came up with a suggestion. "How if you borrow my Ultimate form's name?" the Digimon advised. "Ultimate form is... Flaremon, right?" Koh made sure he heard his Digimon right. "Yep."
"Flaremon... Flare..." Koh actually gave it a thought. "Okay then. Welcome aboard, :litten:. You're Flare now," he said while stepping up and gently lifting the kitty. And then Coronamon be like, "Aww... so adorable..." upon seeing his tamer did that.

Only then Professor Kukui remembered to tell Koh that actually the kahuna is the one who gives out the starters. "Really? I gotta thank him for this one then," he was even more excited. He put Flare in his Pokeball (Flare is a boy btw) and made his way to Iki Town.
Violinist
:litten: Flare (Boy)
Level: 5
Ability: Blaze
Nature: Brave
Moves: Scratch, Ember, Growl
I haven't battled anything yet at this point, so Flare :litten:'s moveset and everything are still raw. Sorry about that. :pensiveazurill:
Hey guys, Coronamon here. I need to ask you all about the "first encounter per area" rule in every Nuzlocke runs. Now that Koh gets his starter at Route 1, should he treat the starter as his Route 1 encounter or a separate "encounter" from his Route 1 first catch? Please tell us what to do in this case. Thank you. :happyazurill:

Last edited:

Pendraflare

Feel The Shake
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
This will be a fascinating story to get, even if it's not one that I think will be easy to follow. Nevertheless, I know that a lot of people like to disregard the starter and count it as free for being before you get Poke Balls and vice versa. And counting Route 1 with multiple areas...

SAF

Second Violinist
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
AKA
Sania
Time Zone
+7 GMT
IGN
@Pendraflare Well, yeah, I'm still polishing myself in writing a story and synchronizing it with my imagination, so this is what I got so far. Also, thanks for the suggestion. I'll catch something else in the next chapter. :winkazurill:
From this point onward I'll follow the game's storyline, but again, not without the Digimon mix.
Koh was pretty close to Iki Town when he bumped with a boy his age. This guy, Hau, was super excited for his own Pokemon journey. He originally wanted to pick the starter together with whoever "another new trainer" he was told (which turned out to be Koh himself), but seems like the tamer got ahead. "Eheheh, sorry about that," Koh said right before Professor Kukui caught up with them. Hau wasn't disappointed though, as he was intended to choose :rowlet: anyway. Then Hau asked Koh to have their first battle, and the former was in awe at the latter's :litten:, thanks to Flare :litten:'s double Embers. It was also partially thanks to Coronamon too, who managed to scan Flare :litten:'s movesets beforehand.

After the battle, the three entered Iki Town. But the kahuna wasn't there, so Hau decided to go home for a little bit and at the professor's suggestion, Koh decided to check out both the town and the nearby temple (or whatever it is). So the tamer walked around, then off to Mahalo Trail where he saw a girl in white getting troubled with whatever in her bag. He came closer and arrived at a bridge where the very same girl looked so desperate. She asked him to save "Nebby" which turned out to be this purple and blue blob thingy (:cosmog:) surrounded by :spearow:.
The tamer came closer to the bridge, but one of the :spearow: attacked him.

Flare :litten: managed to burn it with an Ember and knock it out with a Scratch. But that alone wasn't enough because there were more, so this time Koh had to shield Nebby :cosmog: himself.

However, Nebby :cosmog: decided to use its power only for it to break the bridge. Both Koh and Nebby :cosmog: fell, but not without being saved by something. Something electrifying. And for whatever reasons, that something left a sparkling stone for the tamer as it left.

After the whole disaster, Koh and the girl, who introduced herself as Lillie, went back to Iki Town. On their way back, Coronamon asked his tamer about whoever saved him. "Professor Kukui told you about the guardian deity, right? Could it be that one?" he wondered. "Hmm, no idea. It's my first time seeing one," Koh replied only for the Digimon to play "the straight man" to him. "Yeah, yeah, yeah, first timer of everything," he said with a smug face.
Apparently Professor Kukui didn't tell Koh about Lillie being his assistant until their arrival back at Iki Town. And it wasn't that long until the local kahuna, Hala, came back. He asked Lillie about the guardian deity, Tapu Koko :tapukoko:, flying around, so she ended up telling him everything from earlier. "See? My hunch was right, huh?" Coronamon whispered to Koh, again, with a smug face. According to Hala, :tapukoko: is usually quite fickle, yet it was moved to save a newbie like Koh. That being said, introduction ensued between the tamer and the kahuna. And as the last gift of the day, Professor Kukui gave Koh a Pokedex and a Trainer Passport.
Since Koh had nowhere to go at the moment and Elio had offered to stay in his place, he decided to go back there. However, just when he was going to do so, Hau called him. It wasn't until then when Hala noticed the sparkling stone Koh had. He borrowed it and promised the tamer that he'll return it the next day. And then...

Nebby :cosmog: popped out from Lillie's bag again. Apparently this wasn't the first time it happened, so everybody simply had a good laugh.

Back at Elio's home, both the boy and his mom were delighted to see Koh becoming a Pokemon trainer. This sure reminded them of a year ago, back when Elio himself was a new trainer. Koh introduced Flare :litten: to everyone, including Elio's :meowth:. Everyone were in awe, but that didn't stop Elio from taking this photo:
Now that Koh was quite beat from everything, he decided to call it a day.
Violinist
Level: 7
Moves: Scratch, Ember, Growl

Last edited:

Godot

Coffee Drinkin' College Student
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Connor
Time Zone
Central Time
Very cool so far and rather well written as well. I'll be watchin' this. Good luck, Sania, when dealing with nuzlockes everyone needs it.

SAF

Second Violinist
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
AKA
Sania
Time Zone
+7 GMT
IGN
@Godot My, my, thank you. This is my first time documenting a playthrough, so... :blushazurill: Also, yeah, we all know that luck plays an important role in whatever challenges we're on, right?
Another update's coming. I've been pretty slow at this, so...
The next day, Koh was having some quality time with both his Pokemon and Digimon partners when his Digivice rang. Turned out that Sayo and Lunamon managed to get in touch with Koh and Coronamon.
"Uh, hello?" the boy picked up the phone. "Koh, hey, Koh, can you hear me?" the voice from the other side asked him. Despite the whole crowd there, he immediately knew that the voice belonged to his Night Claw rival. "Yeah. But wait, Sayo? Is that you?" he still had to make sure it's her, though. She let out a sigh of relief and said, "Thank goodness, you two are alright." The girl then revealed that she was in the middle of a festival, hence the crowd from her side. This, without a doubt, caused a confusion between the two, because it's still midday where Koh at.
"Um, guys, did anyone notice some sort of turbulence during our travel back then?" Lunamon asked, suggesting that there might be such turbulence in the portal from Digital world. "Well, come to think of it, Kudamon did warn us about the unstable portal, right?" Coronamon replied, followed by a nod from both tamers. "Maybe that's why we ended up in, well, the different Alolas," he continued. "I see. But that doesn't mean the challenge is cancelled, right? I mean, after getting a starter and all..." the Light Fang tamer got worried at this point. Again, Sayo rolled her eyes, but not without refusing to cancel their challenge this time. "I've already got my own squad with me, y'know," that's her reason. That being said, they ended up introducing each other's squads. Koh only got Flare a.k.a. the violinist :litten: at this point, but Sayo already got two: Hahn the violinist :popplio: and Vanessa the violist :pikipek:. They also took different naming themes, with the girl naming her Pokemon after musicians and composers (real-life and fictional alike) and the boy making his Pokemon's names as Digimon as possible (with or without the suffix -mon).

Later in the evening, Professor Kukui came to fetch both Koh and Elio to the festival. He decided to teach the new trainer how to catch a Pokemon while they're at it. That, and Elio didn't mind the sudden lesson because it doubled as a review for him. The three went to the other side of Route 1 (not the one where Koh got Flare) and bumped with a wild :grubbin:. "Okay Koh, watch closely," Elio instructed while the professor sent out his Rockruff. Coronamon actually took some notes during this lesson, just in case.
Long story short, Professor Kukui caught the :grubbin:. He then gave Koh some Pokeballs and Potions for the tamer's "starter kit".

As soon as the professor went ahead for the festival's preparations, the boys looked around for a Pokemon to catch. And for whatever reasons, another :grubbin: popped out. Refusing to waste the chance, Koh immediately caught this particular :grubbin:. Elio then told him that :grubbin: will eventually evolve into :charjabug:, then :vikavolt:. Coronamon suggested to borrow Kuwagamon's name since both it and :vikavolt: are basically stag beetles.
The tamer complied and proceeded to call this "violist boy" Kuwagamon. They later trained en route to Iki Town, battled some trainers nearby, and spent some time playing with this :rockruff::

Puppies never fail to be adorable, apparently.
At Iki Town's front gate, Koh and Elio saw two strangers. The boys overheard those two talking about aura measurements, The Blinding One, none of which are familiar to the boys.

"Uh, Elio, do you know those people?" Koh asked right after the strangers left. "Nah, like the heck I do," Elio shook his head. They decided to shrug it off and enter the town anyway.
At Iki Town, Hala greeted the boys as soon as they're arrived. He explained the purpose of this festival - to honor the guardian deities of Alola. The two then went ahead and met Hau only to be followed by Lillie and Professor Kukui. Lillie expressed her distaste for Pokemon battles, but seems like it's unavoidable since the festival is basically a friendly match to please Tapu Koko. The contestants were none other than Koh and Hau, so the kahuna went ahead and healed their Pokemon for this festival.
And so, the festival's begun.

Koh sent out Kuwagamon :grubbin: against Hau's :pichu:. Kuwagamon :grubbin: kept Vice Gripping the :pichu: until it's down, but not without paralyzing the :grubbin: via Static. "Well, whatevs. It's Flare :litten:'s turn anyway," the tamer thought upon realizing that Hau's going to send :rowlet: out. The starters' battle was super easy for him, double Embers and :rowlet:'s down. And yes, :tapukoko:'s quite pleased as well.

After the whole battle, the kahuna gave Koh a Z-Power Ring made from the very same Sparkling Stone from the other day. He explained that the Z-Power Ring can be used to draw out Pokemon's power via Z-moves, but that requires a trip through all four islands in Alola for the island challenge. "Sounds like an adventure, eh?" Coronamon whispered only for it to be answered by a nod from his tamer. And after the whole explanation about the island challenge, the kahuna proceeded to give both contestants an island challenge amulet for each.

They sure look good on Koh's wrist and bag, really.
Now that the festivity's over, everyone went home. And again, Koh went home together with Elio and called it a day.
Violinist
Level: 8
Moves: Scratch, Ember, Growl, Lick

Violist
:grubbin: Kuwagamon (Boy)
Level: 6
Ability: Swarm
Nature: Hasty
Moves: Vice Grip, String Shot
SM and USUM games have their own perks, some of them are:
  • SM and USUM take place in different universes of Alola
  • Moon and Ultra Moon are set 12 hours away from Sun and Ultra Sun
  • Since I played Moon for Sayo's part and Ultra Sun for Koh's part, that means their parts are set in different universes and different timelines of Alola
I tried my best to explain those perks from a tamer's POV in the first part of this chapter. Sorry if it's so terrible. :pensiveazurill:

Last edited:

SAF

Second Violinist
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
AKA
Sania
Time Zone
+7 GMT
IGN
Welp, sorry for taking so long, but the story's finally here.
The next day, Elio was already out by the time Koh got ready for another adventure, and then the doorbell rang. This time it was Lillie running an errand for Professor Kukui to fetch the tamer. She said that she was going to show him the way to the Pokemon Research Lab. They're off, but not without Elio's mom giving some pocket money for Koh. "Don't go wasting it on anything too silly!" she said.
Koh actually got a new violist while on their way. That newbie is a :wingull:, nicknamed Marine after MarineAngemon.
The lab itself doubles as Professor Kukui's house, and seems like there was a ruckus in there. Despite the whole commotion, the two came inside anyway.

Apparently the professor wanted to upgrade Koh's Pokedex with this Pokemon called Rotom :rotom:. It then becomes Rotom Dex.

Long story short, :rotom: entered the Pokedex and it'll stay with Koh during his whole travels. This kinda conflicts with Coronamon, so they decided to split their jobs: the Dex deals with Pokemon data and directs him for where to go next, and the Digimon deals with strategies for whatever's ahead and recommends nicknames for new recruits.
That being settled, Professor Kukui decided to send Koh to the Trainers' School, given that the boy wasn't originally a trainer to begin with. However, once everyone's out, it became quite dark outside for awhile. Nebby :cosmog: got scared, but Lillie calmed it down and dismissed it as a solar eclipse.

Lillie and Koh decided to go to the nearby Pokemon Center. According to the girl, everybody can relax there, people and Pokemon alike. The tamer decided to chill with the squad for a little bit before moving on.

Later, at the Trainers' School, a teacher there told Koh that he had to defeat 4 student trainers in this particular class (?) : a girl near the incinerator, a younger girl in the classroom, a boy in the grassy area west from the school, and an older boy (about the same age as the first girl) at the battlefield, none of them managed to break any instruments. That, and the tamer managed to get another cat while he's at it. An :alolanmeowth:, to be specific. This first cellist girl kinda reminded him of BlackGatomon, hence her nickname. Plus, according to Elio back when Koh first met him, the local :alolanmeowth: is different from his :meowth: (Elio has a Kantonian Meowth :meowth:, in case you forgot), akin to BlackGatomon and its regular counterpart, Gatomon.
Right after defeating the last student, there was an announcement.

Upon hearing it, Koh rushed to the second floor in the school building only to find the teacher from before. She was so eager to battle him with her :popplio: who's supposed to be advantageous against his :litten:. Fortunately, Flare :litten: wasn't even around during the whole battle and Marine :wingull: smoothly dealt with it instead. With that, the tamer finished his lessons and got to meet a trial Captain who introduced himself as Ilima. This guy, who happened to watch the whole battle, gave Koh a chance to take on his trial in the Verdant Cavern.
Lillie then took him to Hau'oli City, but not without meeting the :tauros: who had been blocking the road since they first arrived at the school. Both the tamer and his Digimon went like, "What the heck?" upon seeing Hau and Hala there, calming it down.

Hala offered Koh to pat this :tauros:, and he did it on the face. The kahuna then took the happy :tauros: away, letting people pass by there. That being done, the three (now that Hau's tagging along) made their way to Hau'oli.
Violinist
Level: 11

Violist
Level: 9
Moves: Vice Grip, String Shot, Mud-Slap

:wingull: Marine (Girl)
Level: 9
Ability: Keen Eye
Nature: Relaxed
Moves: Growl, Water Gun, Supersonic, Wing Attack

Cellist
:alolanmeowth: BlackGatomon (Girl)
Level: 8
Ability: Technician
Nature: Careful
Moves: Scratch, Growl, Bite

Last edited:

SAF

Second Violinist
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
AKA
Sania
Time Zone
+7 GMT
IGN

As soon as Koh, Lillie, and Hau arrived at Hau'oli City, Hau gotten too excited with everything. He immediately dragged Koh to the tourist bureau where they got a Poke-Finder feature for Rotom Dex. It's basically Rotom Dex's version of a camera. "Well, Coronamon, ye jealous?" the tamer teased his Digimon, now that the Dex can do something he can't. "Heh, you just know me too well, bruh," Coronamon replied while holding back his apparent envy. That seriously made both Koh and Hau chuckle at him.
Back outside, Lillie rejoined with the boys and Rotom decided to snap a picture of the trio out of the blue. Of course, the three were caught off guard to the point of Koh shouting "What the... Rotom!!!" They then decided to roam around the city. Hau went looking for something to eat, Lillie went to the apparel shop, and Koh tried the new Poke-Finder at a photo spot nearby. He took three photos and this is his best shot:

Again, puppies never fail to be adorable. :catsmileazurill:
Koh later did some more exploring and suddenly wanted to look more like his ol' tamer self, so he went to the apparel shop to buy a red plain T-shirt. He also caught up with Lillie who gave him a lens case. A gift from the shop, she said. As the name suggests, the case already has some contact lenses in there. And while he's at it, the tamer also went training his Pokemon team and hunting for a new recruit. He eventually got a male :abra:, made him a cellist, and gave him the name Renamon.
"I heard this thing tends to teleport away right after people meet it," Coronamon commented about the newly caught :abra:. "And yet, you didn't even let this boy wiggle," he continued with a chuckle. "Yeah. I'm just lucky for this one, though," Koh responded modestly.
Some more exploring and training later, Koh caught up with Hau who showed him a shop selling his favorite munchies, malasada. But for whatever reasons, some punks, who called themselves Team Skull, got in their way.

Koh fought with one of them and his :zubat: was no biggie for him. The other one was also quite a pushover even for the laid back Hau. The punks ran away, Hau also left, and Ilima came. He challenged Koh to a pre-trial battle. The tamer accepted, but not without treating almost everyone (sans Flare :litten: who wasn't that hungry at the moment) to the Mystic Malasada.

Unlike the punks from before, neither :yungoos: nor :smeargle: of Ilima's (both are males btw) were pushovers, especially :smeargle: who loved to tackle Marine :wingull: and adamantly refused to clash his Water Gun with hers, but everyone (except Renamon :abra: who only had Teleport at this point) managed to defeat Ilima without breaking their instruments. That, and Flare :litten: started to go hungry, so Koh ended up treating him to the Mystic Malasada as he was the only one who didn't have it before.
Just when the tamer was going to go to Route 2, he met the very same :tauros: from before. And again, Hala managed to calm it down. The boy got to pat the :tauros: again, but this time by the horns. It suddenly ran away, prompting the kahuna to chase it. Both Koh and Coronamon facepalmed, then continued their journey.
Violinist
Level: 13

Violist
Moves: Vice Grip, String Shot, Mud-Slap, Bite

Level: 12
Ability: Keen Eye
Moves: Growl, Water Gun, Supersonic, Wing Attack

Cellist
Moves: Scratch, Growl, Bite, Fake Out

:abra: Renamon (Boy)
Ability: Inner Focus
Nature: Serious
Moves: Teleport
  • That :growlithe: pic is really (like, really) a legit Poke-Finder photo. Had I screenshot it, all of the features should've been shown there.
  • Before you guys boo me for "cheating" with the Pokemon's affection, please keep in mind that I never specify it anywhere in the rules, so things like Poke Pelago, Pokemon Refresh, and Exp. Share usage are allowed by default. Don't believe me? Just go re-read the intro, especially the rules part.

Last edited:

SAF

Second Violinist
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
AKA
Sania
Time Zone
+7 GMT
IGN
Finally, time for a trial. :thisisfineazurill:
At Route 2 and Hau'oli Cemetery, Koh did more trainer stuffs: collecting things, battling fellow trainers, and hunting for new recruits. And speaking of newbies, he got two: Sandira the female :ekans: (named after Sandiramon) in Route 2 and Myotis the male :zubat: (named after Myotismon) in Hau'oli Cemetery. Both of them happened to be violists, but since the violist slots were already full, they replaced Marine :wingull: and Kuwagamon :grubbin: for the time being.
Just when the tamer wanted to keep going, a random man and his :crabrawler: at the nearby motel got him. Apparently they wanted to show him the Big Wave Beach which is accessible from the motel.

Getting excited, Koh got sidetracked. He went down there to be greeted by this scenery:

"Nice view, eh?" Coronamon inquired. "Yeah. You gotta see this too," Koh put up his Digivice with the screen facing forward, allowing his Digimon to have a look at the beach. Rotom sudenly popped out and said, "Perfect for a :mantine: Surf, eh?" only for a nearby attendant to agree with it. She then proceeded to explain about :mantine: Surf. It's exactly as it says on the box: surfing on a :mantine:. The boy kinda wanted to try it out, but Coronamon held him back. "Bruh, don't you remember what to do now?" he said. "Oh, snap, gotta go now. I'm sorry miss, some other time, 'kay?" Koh said in his panic attack (I'm sorry Hispanic people, no pun intended here). "Okay, I'm looking forward to it," the attendant said with a smile. And then this happened while the boy was running back:

Yes, Team Skull's acting up again. This time those punks wanted to do Mantine surfing despite being forbidden from doing so. Koh went back to deal with them only to find their :drowzee: to be a joke for BlackGatomon :alolanmeowth:. And hey, the beach attendant from before gave him a Fresh Water as a thank-you gift. That's so nice of her. :happyazurill:
Anyway, now that the beach shenanigan is over, the tamer got back to his original track. But right after passing by the berry field, he ran into the strangers in weird blue suits from back at Iki Town gate.

Apparently they were talking about the Blinding One stuff again, but this time Koh heard them mentioning a name: Zossie. He was so sure that name belongs to one of them, judging from how the other one said it. But still, he decided to shrug it off anyway.
He then met his trainer rival in front of a Pokemon Center near Verdant Cavern. The two came in to have a chat about the trial site and the Roto Loto, a feature which allows Rotom Dex to do a lottery draw with Rotom Powers as its gifts. In this case, Koh got two Roto Boosts from the lottery. He then went off for some training while Hau was chilling in the Pokemon Center Cafe.

Several training sessions later, Koh's finally ready to do the trial of Ilima. Yes, that's how the captain himself called it. All Koh had to do were taking on the three Pokemon lurking in the Verdant Cavern and grabbing the Z-crystal in the pedestal at the back of the cave. Those three turned out to be two :yungoos: and a :gumshoos:, but the :gumshoos: was the trickiest one. It hopped from a den to another while both :yungoos: were fought right at their own dens. That, and the punks from before butted in again. This time they wanted to mess with Koh's trial, but they ended up helping him instead. Sounds stupid though, but them blocking the vacant dens actually helped the tamer to corner the :gumshoos: and defeat it with his black kitty. Plus, they warned him about a crazy strong Pokemon lurking back there.
Now that all three Pokemon have been dealt with, Koh proceeded to the back of the cave. He originally thought that the punks' warning was a prank to discourage him, but no, they were serious. There's this huge :gumshoos:, dubbed as Totem Gumshoos, guarding the pedestal. This one was even bigger than the :gumshoos: he had fought earlier.

First things first, BlackGatomon :alolanmeowth: managed to flinch the totem with Fake Out only for it to summon a :yungoos:. "What the heck?" now it's the tamer's turn to get flinched. "What's wrong?" Coronamon asked. "This thing... got a backup..." Koh muttered, but the Digimon could hear him somehow. At Coronamon's suggestion, he decided to switch to Flare :litten: (neither the totem nor its ally dealt damage at this point, only going for Scary Face and Odor Sleuth respectively), then had the starter kitty kick the totem twice as it landed a Super Fang on him and with :yungoos: leering at him. It then followed by a Tackle from :gumshoos: which nearly broke Flare :litten:'s violin and another Leer from the :yungoos: only for the :litten: to knock the totem out (or in other word, the :litten: "broke its viola") with another Double Kick. And now that the totem's out, Koh took some time to treat Flare :litten: with a Super Potion and the rest was a piece of cake with another kick from the fiery kitty. It was technically a Double Kick, but the :yungoos:'s viola was already broken at the first kick, so that's that.

Now that the trial's over, Koh got two gifts: a Normalium Z from the pedestal recently left by totem :gumshoos: and some Great Balls from Ilima. He left the battle scene only to bump with those two guys from before (again). Apparently they got fascinated with Z-crystals for whatever reasons.

As the tamer thought, the one called Zossie turned out to be the little girl over there and the dude accompanying her introduced himself as Dulse. They're a part of Ultra Recon Squad investigating all about Z-crystals and auras and stuffs like that (according to Zossie, at least). And right before they left, they did a weird version of the Alolan greeting with their hands making a square instead of the usual round supposed to be "the rainbow" or whatever it is.
"Welp, I have a weird feeling about this," Koh muttered and Coronamon replied with a "Me too." They left the cave, but not without a bonus gift from the Verdant Cavern: a female :alolandiglett:. The boy named this cellist girl Drimogemon, then moved on.
Violinist
Level: 16
Moves: Double Kick, Ember, Fire Fang, Lick

Violist
Level: 14
Moves: Vice Grip, Bug Bite, Mud-Slap, Bite

:zubat: Myotis (Boy)
Moves: Absorb, Supersonic, Wing Attack, Bite

Cellist
Level: 15
Moves: Scratch, Fury Swipes, Bite, Fake Out

:abra: Renamon (Boy)
Moves: Teleport
Okay, it's just the first trial and I already had a blast. I actually had thought of several plans for the first move only to find some flaws in them. Wanna have Myotis :zubat: confuse the totem with Supersonic? I found out the hard way in the first :yungoos: battle that he's too fragile to deal with the :yungoos: family. Wanna munch the totem's Pecha Berry with Kuwagamon :grubbin:'s Bug Bite? It would've been viable had I taken Sandira :ekans: with me instead of Myotis :zubat:, as she was the only one who can poison her enemies. That, and I forgot that Flare :litten: got Double Kick as one of his current movesets until right after BlackGatomon :alolanmeowth:'s Fake Out, hence the switch between kitties. I also nearly got a heart attack when the :gumshoos: barely knocked Flare :litten: out, but thankfully the :yungoos: was stupid enough (for an A.I. or something like that) to use a non-damaging attack instead of directly KO-ing him. In other word, kittehs rule, yay!!! \^_^/

Last edited:

SkylarAlpha

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Congrats on finishing your first trial! Yay for the kitties indeed!

SAF

Second Violinist
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
AKA
Sania
Time Zone
+7 GMT
IGN
@SkylarAlpha Thank you very much. I still can't imagine how the next trials will go, though. And being a cat lover, I'm truly proud of those two kitties (Flare the (then) :litten: and BlackGatomon the :alolanmeowth:). :tearazurill:
And here I am, jumping straight to the kahuna. :thisisfineazurill:
Back outside, Ilima had been waiting for Koh. He talked about the barricades marking stronger Pokemon ahead. Anyone can pass by them if accompanied by a strong trainer, and those attempting the island challenge can do so after clearing the trials. And now, the captain himself removed that one barricade blocking Route 3, thus allowing the tamer to go there. He then told him to tell Hala that he finished the trial at Melemele Island. Not so long, Professor Kukui came from Route 3 and taught Koh about the Z-Power usable from the Z-crystals. The professor switched from a lecture to a demonstration, and again, Coronamon took another notes for this one.
Another tutorial's done and the professor suddenly remembered that Lillie got lost somewhere in Route 3. He, Ilima, and Koh decided to split up to look for her. That being said, Koh went off to Route 3, but not without battling trainers on the way. He then entered Melemele Meadow and found Lillie there, looking for Nebby :cosmog:. She even had to beg him to help her.

The tamer nodded, then jumped into the yellow flowers. His luck got stacked in the first encounter there:
  • Flare:litten: evolved into :torracat:,

• Renamon:abra: evolved into :kadabra:, and

• He got a female :cottonee: as his second violinist. Even Coronamon found it hard to decide a Digimon-themed name for her. That is, until they decided on the name Pillomon because :cottonee:'s and :whimsicott:'s fluffs are as soft as a pillow.
He then followed Nebby :cosmog: to Seaward Cave and finally caught up to it, much to his relief. "There you are, Nebby :cosmog:," he said with a smile. He then met Dulse and Zossie again, with Zossie lamenting about running around for whatever reasons.

Dulse suddenly challenged Koh to a battle with Dulse's :furfrou: vs Koh's Pillomon :cottonee:. The latter struggled, but still managed thanks to a Leech Seed, a Stun Spore, and some Fairy Winds. Dulse then warned the tamer about Nebby :cosmog:'s (dormant?) powers before parting ways.
Koh then took Nebby :cosmog: back outside. Of course, Lillie was so happy upon Nebby :cosmog:'s return. They went out only to be greeted by Hau who just finished his trial. He challenged the tamer to a battle. Flare :torracat: took his :rowlet: out easily, Pillomon :cottonee: found his :noibat: to be a piece of cake despite her apparent disadvantage to aerial attacks, and Drimogemon :alolandiglett: actually did the job pretty well against his :pikachu:.
As soon as the battle's over, Professor Kukui came and thanked Koh for tracking Lillie down. He then explained about the next challenge: the grand trial. It's basically a battle with the local kahuna and only those who have finished all of the trials in an island who're allowed to take it on in that island. In this case, Ilima's trial is the only one in Melemele, so Hala's grand trial is right after that. Everyone went back to Iki Town except Koh who had something else to do. That something is actually recruiting Chapmon, the female :psyduck:, back in Seaward Cave.
He made a little bit detour to Kala'e Bay where he found this letter:

"Hey, Koh, who do you think this is addressed to?" Coronamon wondered right after both he and his tamer read the letter. "Hmm, not sure exactly. But the thing I'm sure is this has to be delivered to a woman in Iki Town," the boy said with some doubt about it. "Anyway, back to Iki Town," he said. That was his expectation, though. In reality, he battled more trainers at Route 3 and caught Apemon the female :mankey: while he's at it.
Back at Iki Town (really), Koh was so thrilled for going up to the kahuna in his first grand trial. Likewise, Hala's ready to take on any challengers. Everyone's watching, including Elio who happened to be there at the right time. "Good luck, buddy," he said, and the tamer nodded.

Pillomon :cottonee: went first against Hala's :machop:, but immediately switched to Renamon :kadabra: after a Revenge. Fortunately, Pillomon :cottonee:'s Fairy Wind and Renamon :kadabra:'s Confusion did the job. Then there's :crabrawler:, so Marine :wingull:'s next. Even after some Wing Attacks, this boxer managed to break Marine :wingull:'s viola, so Pillomon :cottonee: wanted some revenge. She set up a Leech Seed to help her out and managed to break the boxer's cello. Finally, the kahuna's final Pokemon, :makuhita:, came out. It did a Fake Out to Pillomon :cottonee:, prompting her to switch with Renamon :kadabra:. However, since the Sand Attack was super annoying, he then switched to Myotis :zubat: who did the final Wing Attack, breaking the fatter boxer's cello. And that concludes the Light Fang tamer's first grand trial.

Right after the whole battle, the :tauros: from before came out of the blue. Apparently this fella wanted to go everywhere, so the kahuna arranged for it to be Koh's Ride Pokemon.

Ilima then came to congratulate Koh for his achievement and invited him to the Alola Photo Club, but now that the tamer's too tired from the whole blast and still feeling salty for having to retire such a talented violist, he decided to save it for another day. For now, he wanted to deliver that bottle message from before and take a break at Elio's house.
Violinist
:torracat: Flare (Boy)
Level: 18

:cottonee: Pillomon (Girl)
Ability: Infiltrator
Nature: Mild
Moves: Fairy Wind, Mega Drain, Leech Seed, Stun Spore

Violist
Moves: Absorb, Confuse Ray, Wing Attack, Bite

Moves: Vice Grip, Bug Bite, Mud-Slap, Bite

Cellist
:alolandiglett: Drimogemon (Girl)
Ability: Tangling Hair
Nature: Rash
Moves: Mud-Slap, Metal Claw, Magnitude, Astonish

:kadabra: Renamon (Boy)
Level: 19
Moves: Teleport , Kinesis, Confusion, Disable
Broke her viola at level 18 thanks to Hala's :crabrawler:
Okay, Hala really didn't hold back there. The struggle was real even after preparing a violinist, two violists, and a cellist with apparent advantages against him. That, and this first grand trial marks the first time an instrument breaks (read: a Pokemon dies) in this run. I might as well do a viola joke too, but:
  1. I'm still too salty about the broken viola. I mean, I originally thought Marine would be a huge asset for the next trial, but the kahuna crushed it big time. :cryingazurill:
  2. This is a Pokemon forum, not an orchestra one, so what's the point of casting a wrong kind of joke? :upsidedownazurill:

Last edited:

SAF

Second Violinist
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
AKA
Sania
Time Zone
+7 GMT
IGN
Next stop: Akala Island :coolazurill:
The next day, Elio took Koh to Ten Carat Hill as another side trip. The two met a male :mawile: as soon as they entered the cave. Koh immediately caught him and named him Levi from Leviamon.
The two boys then went deeper until they found a branched path. The west path led them to a pedestal containing Flyinium Z and the north path led them to the farthest hollow full of wild Pokemon and treasures. That being said, they ended up treasure hunting there.
The two then went straight to Alola Photo Club after their treasure hunting session ended. Ilima wasn't there, but Elio insisted on having Koh shot on camera regardless. The tamer decided to have his first studio photo with his starter kitty, Flare :torracat:, and these are their best shots after being edited:

As soon as Koh's done, Hau caught up with him. He couldn't wait to go to the next island, Akala. Thankfully, Professor Kukui came to tell them that he got his boat ready. He offered a ride only for Hau to politely refuse. He wanted to do :mantine: surfing with Koh instead. "Wait, what? :mantine:?" the tamer was surprised upon hearing it. "Shoots, yeah! The :mantine: from Big Wave Beach on Route 2. You saw them, right?" Hau replied with a big smile. "It's that one Mantaraymon-like Pokemon we saw the other day, remember?" Coronamon actually helped to jolt his memory about it.
Koh finally relented and went with Hau to ride some :mantine: from Big Wave Beach. And yes, the :mantine:'s quite friendly even to newbie surfers like them.

The two boys managed to ride the waves while randomly pulling some basic tricks in the air and arrived in Akala Island.

Right after landing, Koh bursted out laughing when Hau said this:

They then met up with Lillie and Professor Kukui at Heahea City only to be greeted by two women there. The younger woman with green twintail, Mallow, is one of the captains there, and the other one, Olivia, is the kahuna of Akala.
After parting ways, Koh kinda regretted how he named his :grubbin:. Surprised, Coronamon asked, "Wait, what? But why?" Rotom popped out and explained that :vikavolt:, :grubbin:'s final evolution, is actually half-electric. "Elio didn't say that back then," Koh lamented, hence the wish of a name change. The Digimon sighed and suggested the name Kokuwamon due to its electrifying nature.
The tamer agreed and his :grubbin: didn't mind about the name change, so they went to a name rater at the local tourist bureau and had his name changed to Kokuwamon. "But wait, you're naming everyone after Digimon, right? How about the old name?" Rotom wondered. "Fret not. I heard there are more beetle-related Pokemon like :pinsir: and :heracross: here, right?" Coronamon asked it back. Koh and Rotom only nodded. "The name Kuwagamon should fit better with them," he continued.
More roaming later, he was stopped by a couple of tourists by the name of Sina and Dexio not far from Tide Song Hotel.

Sina suddenly suggested him to battle with Dexio. "Wait, what? All of sudden?" Koh got surprised. Dexio too, actually was reluctant at first, but he thought that he might as well test his own skills. Drimogemon :alolandiglett: found Dexio's :mimejr: to be an easy deal, and BlackGatomon :alolanmeowth: was too excited upon meeting another cat, :espeon:, to the point of the black kitty showing no mercy to the esper kitty. Now that both Sina and Dexio got charmed to the Alolan people's battle style (though Koh isn't technically one), they said bon voyage and Koh continued his travel to Route 4.
Violinist
Level: 19

:psyduck: Chapmon (Girl)
Ability: Damp
Nature: Docile
Moves: Confusion, Water Pulse, Fury Swipes, Water Gun

Violist
:ekans: Sandira (Girl)
Ability: Intimidate
Nature: Bold
Moves: Wrap, Glare, Poison Sting, Bite

:grubbin: Kokuwamon (Boy)
Moves: Spark, Bug Bite, Mud-Slap, Bite

Cellist
Moves: Bulldoze, Metal Claw, Magnitude, Astonish

Moves: Scratch, Thief, Bite, Fake Out
:wingull:Marine (Girl)
Welp, I don't know whether a name change is legal or not in a challenge, but I regret giving my :grubbin: a wrong name. That's why I was intended to change his (read: :grubbin:'s) name as soon as I reach the name rater. Sorry about that. :pensiveazurill:

Last edited:

SAF

Second Violinist
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
AKA
Sania
Time Zone
+7 GMT
IGN
Just an intermezzo before the first trial in Akala :whistleazurill:
Koh was going through Route 4 when he bumped with a male :pikipek: which he immediately caught. According to Rotom, this bird will eventually evolve into a :toucannon:, so this violist boy was named Toucan as a tribute to Toucanmon.
The tamer kept walking and battling some trainers on his way, but he somehow took a wrong turn and ended up at a valley full of :pikachu:.

According to a trial guide there, this particular valley is called Pikachu Valley due to the whole lots of :pikachu: living here. Koh took a :pikachu:-related quiz and got a set of :pikachu: outfit. There's also a trailer parked at the valley, but it's full of :pikachu: too. Heck, this is what he got for trying to enter the trailer:

The boy decided to wear the :pikachu: outfit given to him along with the pants (or should I say, trousers?) he bought beforehand, then went to Paniola Town. He met Hau and his owl starter (now :dartrix:) again there who challenged him to another friendly battle.

Both sides sent out their respective starters first. Flare :torracat: the cat managed to land a Fire Fang to :dartrix: the owl while avoiding the Razor Leaf thrown at him. However, that wasn't enough for an OHKO, so it was immediately followed by an Ember at the owl. Hau and Koh then sent out :pikachu: and Drimogemon :alolandiglett: respectively. The latter shook the ground with Magnitude right after the former's Quick Attack. :pikachu:'s out, :noibat:'s next. Pillomon :cottonee: easily dealt with it through some Fairy Winds. And against :eevee:, Apemon :mankey: Karate Chopped it twice.

Hau then ran to Paniola Ranch, but not without giving Koh a Dire Hit as a reward for the earlier battle. The tamer decided to unwound himself in Pokemon Center, then came out only to find this scene:

More Team Skull grunts bullied an :alolanvulpix: belonging to a random citizen and she asked whoever nearby to help out. Koh and Apemon :mankey: decided to mess with the bullies with a single Karate Chop on their :alolanrattata:. And again, they ran away.
A moment later, Rotom suddenly came up with a nickname for Koh: Roto-K. That was quite a surprise for him, but he's chill with it. Coronamon only could smirk at Rotom's attitude at this point.
At Paniola Ranch, a breeder took him to Mallow right off the bat. Turned out that she arranged for :stoutland: to be his Ride Pokemon. This means he can do some treasure hunting by having :stoutland: sniff for them. Excited, he said, "Treasure hunting, yay!" and immediately tried it out.

He even got a female :mudbray: while there. She became a violinist by the name Unimon for being a part of the horse family.
But unfortunately, Apemon :mankey: broke her cello while trying to tame an unruly :tauros: in the ranch, so Chapmon :psyduck: had to finish the job. That being said, Kokuwamon :grubbin: evolved into :charjabug: despite the whole mess.

The tamer got an egg at Pokemon Nursery in the ranch and kept going until he reached Route 5 where he saw Hau finishing a battle with a random, edgy guy. His name is Gladion, and he immediately challenged Koh to a battle.

Gladion sent out a :zubat: and Koh sent out Kokuwamon :charjabug:. The latter was going to make a bad move by having his :charjabug: use Bug Bite, but this turned out to be a good one. Why? Because Gladion's ":zubat:" wasn't a :zubat:, so Kokuwamon :charjabug: ended up defeating a :zorua: instead. Gladion then sent out the real :zubat: only to be taken care of by Renamon :kadabra:'s Confusion. The two sent out their aces, Gladion's :typenull: and Koh's Flare :torracat:, right away. And somehow the cat managed to take :typenull: down.
After the battle, the edgy guy commented on both Koh's and Hau's battle style. It wasn't until then that Gladion revealed his connection with Team Skull. Shortly afterward, some more Team Skull grunts interrupted. They wanted to get revenge for him, but...

So that's that, they all left the scene. Koh and Hau then prepared themselves for the next trial at Brooklet Hill.
Violinist
Level: 22

Level: 20

Violist
Level: 21
Moves: Air Cutter, Confuse Ray, Wing Attack, Bite

:charjabug: Kokuwamon (Boy)
Ability: Battery
Moves: Spark, Bug Bite, Acrobatics, Bite

Cellist
Moves: Teleport, Kinesis, Confusion, Disable

Unknown
Eggy from Pokemon Nursery (Unknown)
Level: ???
Ability: ???
Nature: ???
Moves: ???

:mankey: Apemon (Girl)
Broke her cello at level 18 thanks to a trainer's :tauros: at Paniola Ranch
Hey guys, Coronamon here. I forgot that we met this man, Samson Oak, who is willing to give us a Totem-sized Pokemon if we give him the Totem Stickers we've been collecting on the way. Right now he's waiting at Heahea Beach, so here's my question: Should we grab it right away? Or should we save it for later? Or should we skip it?

Last edited:

SAF

Second Violinist
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
AKA
Sania
Time Zone
+7 GMT
IGN
This may be a short chapter, but here goes the next trial :thisisfineazurill:
Koh started his training for the next trial right after the whole drama involving Hau and Gladion. Right at the start of the training session, he got a female :fomantis: whom he named Snimon.
That, and Myotis :zubat: evolved into :golbat: too.

It was already dusk by the time Koh finished his training, so he went straight to Brooklet Hill. He met the trial captain there, another girl by the name Lana. She instructed him to hop on :lapras: (the ride arrangement was on her btw) and herd some fish downstream to draw out the local Totem Pokemon. They're in these water splashes:

The tamer called :lapras: and surfed through the lake where he saw two splashes. The northern one had a :dewpider: (Myotis :golbat: took care of it) and the southern one had a :wishiwashi: (Snimon :fomantis: took care of it). He checked out both splashes and managed to drive the first fish downstream. The two then went downstream to the next lake. There were two more splashes: the northern one had another :wishiwashi: (Pillomon :cottonee: took care of it) and the southern one had another :dewpider: (Kokuwamon :charjabug: took care of it). Again, he checked out both splashes and managed to drive the second fish downstream. And then drizzle ensued, so both the tamer and the captain hurried to the last lake where the totem dwells. And yes, the fish from before went there.

The boy followed all the fish to the center of the lake only to be greeted by the spider of Brooklet Hill: Totem Araquanid :araquanid:.

Kokuwamon :charjabug: popped out first and did his first Acrobatics. The spider totem then summoned a :masquerain: who did the Bug Bite along with its own Bubble. Fortunately, that wasn't enough to break Kokuwamon :charjabug:'s viola, so he managed to land another Acrobatics to the spider, breaking its violin. Seeing Kokuwamon :charjabug: nearing his limit, Koh had Myotis :golbat: to take over. He managed to break the :masquerain:'s viola (technically) with one swoop of Wing Attack. That's that, but not without a surprise: Myotis :golbat: evolved again. He became a :crobat: as soon as the totem battle ended.

"Wait, what?" Koh, as Myotis :crobat:'s trainer, was surprised about this. "Uh, Koh, is it about the totem again?" Coronamon got curious. "Nah, it's about Myotis :crobat: this time. I thought he already evolved just several hours ago, and now again," the tamer explained to his Digimon. Rotom then told everyone that :golbat: evolves into :crobat: via happiness, and this proves that Myotis :crobat: gotten too overjoyed. Anyway, the rain ceased and Koh finished his trial. He got a Waterium Z, a fishing rod, and some Dive Balls from Lana.

The two went back to the Pokemon Center where Lana told Koh about the next trial. It's going to be held at Wela Volcano Park and overseen by another captain, Kiawe. The tamer then decided to go back to Brooklet Hill, get a male :poliwag: whom he named ShogunGeko (from ShogunGekomon) and call it a day.
Violinist
Level: 23
Moves: Fairy Wind, Mega Drain, Razor Leaf, Stun Spore

:fomantis: Snimon (Girl)
Ability: Leaf Guard
Nature: Timid
Moves: Fury Cutter, Leafage, Razor Leaf, Growth

Violist
:crobat: Myotis (Boy)
Moves: Air Cutter, Cross Poison, Wing Attack, Bite

Moves: Spark, Bug Bite, Acrobatics, Bite

Cellist
:mawile: Levi (Boy)
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Moves: Astonish, Charge Beam, Bite, Feint Attack

Unknown
Eggy from Pokemon Nursery (Unknown)
Level: ???
Ability: ???
Nature: ???
Moves: ???

Oh yeah, Totem Araquanid :araquanid: was surprisingly easy thanks to the viola gang with their aerial attacks. Really, I mean it, Myotis :crobat: (then :golbat:) and Kokuwamon :charjabug: truly became my MVPs here. But still, I almost got another heart attack when both :araquanid: and :masquerain: nearly KO'd Kokuwamon :charjabug: right before he KO'd the spider totem. I also realized that Myotis :crobat: is no longer as weak as he was back in the first trial to the point that he only had several hours to be a :golbat: thanks to his consecutive evolutions. That being said, it truly is a huge victory for the viola gang and I'm pretty sure that Marine, the :wingull: who broke her viola the other day, would give them a standing applause for their performance. :happyazurill:

Last edited:

SAF

Second Violinist
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
AKA
Sania
Time Zone
+7 GMT
IGN
What to do, what to do... :thonkazurill:
The next morning, Koh returned to Paniola Ranch, but this time he took the path to Route 6. However, the path was blocked by some :sudowoodo:. Apparently they're scared of Waterium Z, so he used his newly acquired one to scare them away.

This drew out Zossie's curiosity. She thought they're just plants, but Dulse told her about the "plants" being :sudowoodo:. That being said, he challenged the tamer with a Pokemon native to his and Zossie's hometown (well, it's technically their home world), Poipole :poipole:.

Drimogemon :alolandiglett: started to shake the ground around :poipole: with Magnitude. She never stopped even during :poipole:'s Fury Attack barrage, eventually wearing it down. That being settled, they all parted ways.
At Route 6, the egg Koh had been taking along hatched into a male :eevee:. ":eevee: can evolve into one of so many alternatives, so how will you name him?" Rotom asked. "Branch evolution, huh? Come to think of it, most of us Digimon usually branch-evolve to our Rookie forms, so maybe we can borrow an In-Training Digimon name for this one," Coronamon gave his thought. "Plus, this baby kinda looks like a cat-fox thingy, so how if we name him Viximon?" Koh proposed. "We can rename him later depending on how he evolves later, right?" he continued. That being said, everyone (including the newborn :eevee:) agreed.
Koh then battled some nearby trainers, eventually causing BlackGatomon :alolanmeowth: and Toucan :pikipek: to evolve into :alolanpersian: and :trumbeak: respectively.

He then bumped into Team Skull baddies again, this time being caught red-handed by a young lady in brown for trying to steal a :drifloon:. The tamer came closer, but not without the two thugs recognizing him right away. The young lady, Hapu, wondered if he was on familiar terms with the baddies only for him to troll them a little bit.

The thugs got enraged to the point of furiously attacking Koh and Hapu, but the trainers ultimately taught them a lesson and successfully protected the :drifloon:. The baddies ran away, the Drifloon went home, and Hapu left as well, but not without suggesting Koh to try to do a Battle Royal or two. It's conducted in the Battle Royal Dome at Royal Avenue. He didn't do that right away, though. Instead, he decided to grab the Totem-sized :gumshoos: (who turned out to be female) from Samson Oak and name her Gabumon.

It's not like they're look alike, but even Coronamon found it hard to find a mongoose-like Digimon to name this :gumshoos: after.
He also made a note in the rule Sayo gave him back in the Digital world by jotting down the bold part here:
5. I heard that shinies and legendaries are quite rare in Pokemon world. If you happen to bump into one, it's basically a virtuoso, so treat it as a freebie. However, only a virtuoso per instrument can be with you at the same time (total up to 3 virtuosos). Totem Pokemon are not virtuosos, though.
Later, the tamer boy finally made his way to this Royal Avenue. He walked around until he saw Gladion walking into the Battle Royal Dome. Getting curious, he entered the dome as well.

Koh wandered around in his curiosity, heard some people talking about this man who calls himself the Masked Royal (or the Royal for short), and met him in person.

Oops, my bad, the dialogue got cut. Sorry about that.
The Masked Royal told the tamer everything about the Battle Royal and invited him to try one. Getting too excited, Hau tagged along. That, and the Royal also invited Gladion to join in the fun. The foursome (including the Masked Royal himself) then began their Battle Royal show.

Shown counter-clockwise: Koh's Flare :torracat: vs Hau's :dartrix: vs The Royal's :rockruff: vs Gladion's :typenull:
Flare :torracat: bit :dartrix: with his Fire Fang, :typenull: cornered :rockruff: with Pursuit only to be retaliated with Rock Throw, and :dartrix: attacked everyone with Razor Leaf. Unfortunately, the fun was cut short because the :rockruff: got KO-ed right after the Razor Leaf. They all had fun, though.
Shortly after the battle, a random boy commented about them being on fire back on the stage. He then introduced himself as the Fire captain, Kiawe. "The very same Kiawe that Lana told me yesterday, huh?" Koh thought. He then invited the trial-goers there to climb up to his trial venue, the peak of Wela Volcano. They all parted ways, leaving Koh and Hau to prepare for the trial of fire.
Violinist

Violist
:crobat: Myotis (Boy)
Level: 24
Moves: Air Cutter, Cross Poison, Wing Attack, Bite

:trumbeak: Toucan (Boy)
Ability: Skill Link
Nature: Modest
Moves: Peck, Supersonic, Echoed Voice, Rock Smash

Cellist
Moves: Bulldoze, Metal Claw, Magnitude, Astonish

:alolanpersian: BlackGatomon (Girl)
Moves: Swift, Thief, Bite, Fake Out

Hey guys, Coronamon here. I'm so happy about the newborn :eevee:, but the problem is: it hatched at Route 6 before Koh got his encounter there. Should he treat this :eevee: as his Route 6 "first encounter"? Or should he hunt for something else? Please tell us what to do in this case. Thank you. :happyazurill:

Last edited:

SAF

Second Violinist
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
AKA
Sania
Time Zone
+7 GMT
IGN
Getting on fire, huh? :thisisfineazurill:
Now that the whole Battle Royal stuff's over, Koh decided to train the squad in the next areas: Route 7 and Wela Volcano Park. He also managed to snag Swimmon the female :wishiwashi: and Falcomon the male :fletchling: respectively while he's at it.
More evolution ensued here too. In this case, the newly-caught Falcomon :fletchling: evolved into a :fletchinder:, switching his viola with a violin in process.

After spending quite some time grinding, Koh felt that he's finally ready for the trial of fire at the peak of Wela Volcano where Kiawe awaited.

This trial was basically a three-staged "find the difference" challenge. First part involved three :alolanmarowak: dancing, then a random hiker photobombed in the second part. Battles ensued in both parts, but Drimogemon :alolandiglett: breezed through them. And then there's the third part where the local totem, a bigger :alolanmarowak:, joined in to pose the real challenge.

Drimogemon :alolandiglett: managed to steal Totem :alolanmarowak:'s Thick Club only for it to break her cello in one shot. The totem then proceeded to call a :salazzle:. They did a whole lot of Brick Break and Venoshock combination even after Chapmon :psyduck: nearly broke the totem's violin with a Hydro Vortex and Koh spammed medicines on her. Unimon :mudbray: tried to shake the ground, but the two were way too quick and too persistent to the point of breaking both her and Chapmon :psyduck:'s violins. Having no choice, Koh went for BlackGatomon :alolanpersian: who managed to land a finishing hit to Totem :alolanmarowak:. That alone wasn't enough because the remaining :salazzle: adamantly tried to avenge the totem only for BlackGatomon :alolanpersian: to foil it anyway.

For finishing the trial of fire, Kiawe gave the tamer a Firium Z, some Quick Balls, and a :charizard: as his Ride Pokemon. He then tried the new ride out by flying to Royal Avenue while blaming himself for failing to find any loopholes in the Totem battle earlier (unlike in the one with :araquanid:), let alone exploiting them. Coronamon was concerned about this, naturally. "Koh..." he called. Still unable to shake his disappointment, Koh kept thinking that Sayo's gonna laugh at him for this one. "It's not over yet, y'know," the Digimon tried to calm his tamer down. "Wait, what?" the tamer stopped his grief in surprise. "Come on, look at the other three," Coronamon encouraged him. He looked at Toucan :trumbeak:, Gabumon :gumshoos: and BlackGatomon :alolanpersian: who're still raring to go. Having his spirit lifted, the tamer shuffled his team around at the Pokemon Center and backtracked with the :charizard: to recruit more Pokemon. That being said, these are what he got:
  • Wingdramon the female :bagon: at Kala'e Bay, and
  • Seadramon the female :magikarp: at Melemele Sea
Not sure whether he should catch something at Route 6, Koh decided to keep going to Route 8, but not without passing through the tunnel connecting Routes 7 and 8 where he met the Ultra Recon Squad again. They started talking about the aura stuff again, with Dulse asking the tamer this:

Not sure what to say, Koh decided to be humble and said "Not really," only for the two to abruptly left him for a meeting. The tamer then kept going, but not without being ambushed by a female :kecleon: whom he caught and named Chamelemon, for both of them are basically chameleons of their worlds.
At Route 8, turned out that Dulse and Zossie met a scientist. The tamer presumed that they must be talking about whatever they had been researching. Upon noticing him, the scientist introduced himself as Colress and gave him a Flame Charge TM. That's really nice of him, given Koh's upcoming trial. :happyazurill:
Since it was already close to nighttime and Koh isn't a night owl to begin with, he decided to spend a night at a nearby Pokemon Center and call it a day.
Violinist

:fletchinder: Falcomon (Boy)
Ability: Flame Body
Nature: Quiet
Moves: Quick Attack, Peck, Agility, Ember

Violist
Level: 25
Moves: Spark, Bug Bite, Acrobatics, Crunch

:trumbeak: Toucan (Boy)
Ability: Skill Link
Nature: Modest
Moves: Peck, Pluck, Roost, Rock Smash

Cellist
Moves: Psybeam, Kinesis, Confusion, Disable

:alolanpersian: BlackGatomon (Girl)
Moves: Swift, Thief, Bite, Feint Attack

Broke her cello at level 25 thanks to Totem :alolanmarowak:

:mudbray: Unimon (Girl)
Broke her violin at level 22 thanks to Totem :alolanmarowak:

Broke her violin at level 24 thanks to Totem :alolanmarowak:
Normal? Manageable. Water? Piece of cake. Fire? Nuts. Why, you ask? Let me list the reasons one by one:
  • If you wanna mock me for not exploiting the loopholes in this totem battle, how am I supposed to do so? I'm asking this because unlike Totem :salazzle: in SM and Totem :araquanid: earlier, I couldn't find any here :ohnoazurill:
  • Totem :alolanmarowak:'s Brick Break still packed quite a lot of damage even without its Thick Club (yes, Drimogemon :alolandiglett: managed to snatch it before getting OHKO-ed)
  • That Brick Break + Venoshock spam tho, both violinists fainted (or died broke their violins) because of it :madazurill:
On the bright side, though, kitteh saved the day (again). That's why I need to thank BlackGatomon :alolanpersian: for this one. :happyazurill:

Last edited:

Pendraflare

Feel The Shake
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
Totem Marowak, everyone. This thing is brutal. It has the great physical Attack and Speed and a special counterpart alongside it. Too good. RIP. At least you have quite a bit to use against Totem Lurantis, which should go better!

SAF

Second Violinist
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
AKA
Sania
Time Zone
+7 GMT
IGN
@Pendraflare Well, yeah, that one totem was a tough cookie. I actually felt grateful for ending it with a half team remaining. :happyazurill: And about the next totem, well, I did have some alternatives, but I only got to use a (not-so-perfect) strategy for this one.
Before you read this, here's what I forgot to say back when I started the whole locke: please keep in mind that some Digimon designs may be inappropriate for some readers, so please forgive me if I end up naming my Pokemon after those Digimon. That being said, it's jungle time, people. :thisisfineazurill:
The next morning, Koh felt motivated to start the day. He got Monzaemon the male :stufful:, trained his team, and battled the trainers at Route 8.
Finally ready for the trial, he headed to Lush Jungle. He knew that Mallow would be there.

In this trial, she had him gather some ingredients for her Super Mallow Special: a Mago Berry, some Honey, and a Big Root. He also met Kiawe and Lana during the hunt. They then gathered at the entrance to make the dish once they got all of the stuffs needed. It smelt good, and that was the exact thing drawing out the local boss: Totem Lurantis :lurantis:.

Mimicking Drimogemon :alolandiglett: from the Totem :alolanmarowak: battle, Falcomon :fletchinder: stole Totem :lurantis:'s Power Herb. It then summoned a :kecleon: who nearly broke Falcomon :fletchinder:'s violin with Ancient Power. Just when Koh was thinking about the next move, Falcomon :fletchinder: suddenly risked himself to turn :kecleon: into a Dark type with another Thief, breaking his violin in process (but not without burning the totem via Flame Body). “Falcomon :fletchinder:... why...?” the tamer muttered in disbelief as he picked up the :fletchinder:’s body along with the Power Herb in his beak. Already aware of the intention behind Falcomon :fletchinder:’s suicidal move, Rotom told him, “This may be basically a suicide, but seems like da bird’s already willing to do this. He even trusts you for the next step. What will you do, Roto-K?” The boy ultimately had Kokuwamon :charjabug: to play with the :kecleon:'s type-changing ability against it after giving it some thoughts. Once the first ally went down, the totem then summoned a :comfey: who kept spamming Floral Healing and Flower Shield on it. Getting annoyed, Koh had his :charjabug: to spam some Sparks on the :comfey: until its viola broke, then resorted to an X Attack and some Bug Bites on Totem :lurantis: to break its violin.

Now that the grass trial's over, Mallow gave Koh a Grassium Z and some Nest Balls. That concludes the trials in Akala, so he's finally allowed to take on Olivia's grand trial. But first things first, he went back to the jungle and got Rosemon the :steenee: there. (I'm sorry if the picture below is too revealing, go blame the Digimon designers if you do find it so)
Back at Heahea City, he met Lillie and Nebby :cosmog: in front of the Dimensional Research Lab. The two were having a little chat about Koh and Hau when Nebby :cosmog: noticed one of them (Koh) coming. She immediately invited him to come inside because the professor wanted to see him there. The two then went inside to meet Professor Kukui. He then introduced them to the one running the Dimensional Research Lab: his very own wife, Professor Burnet. She wondered about Hau's whereabouts only for him to respond to her husband's remark about his potential. "Speaking of the devil, Hau," Koh sneered. They all then talked about the mysteries of Alola: the Ultra Wormhole. Apparently Professor Burnet had been researching about it as well as everything possibly in there. Curiosity ensued, the boys read everything available in the bookshelves, then went off for the grand trial. However...

"What was that just now? It looked like... a crack in the sky?!" the tamer thought about the portal sighting. He decided to shrug it off and went straight into the Diglett's Tunnel where he briefly met the lady kahuna. The two trod their way separately to her shop at Konikoni City. Koh also caught Tyrannomon the male :larvitar: while he's at it.
Nearing the end of the tunnel's other side, another Team Skull baddies blocked the way. They were ambushed by the local :alolandiglett:, so they wanted to ambush whoever nearby. Fortunately, Hau came in time, so he and Koh got to deal with them together. This was basically the normies (Koh's Chamelemon :kecleon: and Hau's :eevee:) vs the poisons (the grunts' :ekans: and :salandit:) and somehow the normies managed to beat the poisons up. The baddies fled and Hau gave Koh a Max Ether for the trouble before running off.
As soon as the tamer got out, he met a man named Looker who randomly gave him a Thunder Stone. Since the man came out from a nearby police station, the boy decided to go there as well, but seems like he came in the wrong time. There were two policemen, but one of them commented about the other one being weird. The weird policeman turned out to be a :ditto: which he caught and nicknamed Koko (from Kokomon).
According to the policeman, said :ditto: was one of the Ditto Five, a local :ditto: gang which often disguise themselves as random humans. They're branded as wanted Pokemon due to their mischief, not because they're dangerous or anything. He also asked the tamer boy to help apprehending the other four :ditto:. Koh agreed, then ran to Konikoni City where he rested up and bought some more clothes before going to Olivia's shop.
Violinist
Level: 28
Moves: Double Kick, Flame Charge, Fire Fang, Bite

Moves: Fairy Wind, Mega Drain, Razor Leaf, Stun Spore

Violist
:gumshoos: Gabumon (Girl)
Ability: Adaptability
Nature: Impish
Moves: Thief, Mud-Slap, Rock Tomb, Bite

:kecleon: Chamelemon (Girl)
Ability: Color Change
Nature: Sassy
Moves: Ancient Power, Charge Beam, Feint Attack, Psybeam

Cellist
:mawile: Levi (Boy)
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Nature: Bold
Moves: Astonish, Charge Beam, Bite, Feint Attack

:stufful: Monzaemon (Boy)
Ability: Fluffy
Nature: Adamant
Moves: Leer, Brick Break, Flail, Brutal Swing

Broke her cello at level 25 thanks to Totem :alolanmarowak:

:mudbray: Unimon (Girl)
Broke her violin at level 22 thanks to Totem :alolanmarowak:

Broke her violin at level 24 thanks to Totem :alolanmarowak:

:fletchinder: Falcomon (Boy)
Broke his violin at level 25 thanks to ally :kecleon: during Totem :lurantis: battle
Phew, good thing this trial wasn't as brutal as the fire one. It was not without a sacrifice, though. The thieves became the sacrifices in both this and the earlier trials (Drimogemon :alolandiglett: in the fire trial and Falcomon :fletchinder: in the grass trial). And speaking of the grass trial, that :kecleon: did too well for covering up Totem :lurantis:'s loopholes (the fire and flying types). However, it also has its own loophole (the Color Change ability) which I managed to exploit with the moves both Falcomon :fletchinder: and Kokuwamon :charjabug: had at the time (Thief for Falcomon :fletchinder:; Bug Bite and Acrobatics for Kokuwamon :charjabug:; all done in that order). :comfey: also did a good job as the totem's support Pokemon because it faithfully spammed healing moves on the totem while there. And as for the totem itself, well, no comment here, mainly because it spammed X-Scissor and Synthesis during the whole battle. I'm pretty sure it would've used Low Sweep had I opened with BlackGatomon :alolanpersian: instead of Falcomon :fletchinder:. :hmmazurill:

Also, about the :ditto: catch at Route 9, I caught it before fishing for (literally) anything, so it should be a fair game, right? :winkazurill:

Last edited: