Resolute

To the beat of his own drum
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Cult Classic
AKA
Ben, Res, Baguettes, Baggy
Time Zone
EST
Heyo! Figured I'd lay out my ideas for the trivia contest...
  • 2 pairs of prom-goers per round will set up a time to meet in a chatroom with me on Discord.
  • I'll have a Jeopardy board set up for each round. Topics include Pokémon Trivia, Forums Trivia, and maybe one or two wild cards thrown in there.
  • The game will play out like a standard game of Jeopardy. The only change I plan on making is alternating who gets asked a question instead of using the reaction system the TV show has.
  • Winners will move through a bracket. Alternatively, to save time, we could just have the top 3 teams from R1 be the only ones to qualify for a championship round.
Any other ideas?

P.S. Jeopardy Res avatar is ready
jeopardy ushanka.png

Last edited:

seaturtle

Spirit Bridge
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Chris
Time Zone
MST
Switch FC
SW-3906-8627-4487
How many questions do you want to have? And will each game have different questions from the last? I think it'd be fun to have spectators watching, we could do it pretty easily by setting it up in the MarriProm server, but if you wanna reuse questions we'd need to keep the matches private.

Resolute

Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Cult Classic
AKA
Time Zone
EST
I was planning on doing different questions for each game, and about 3 per category as opposed to Jeopardy's 5.

Resolute

Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Cult Classic
AKA
Time Zone
EST

MarriProm Jeopardy!

Hey, there! Welcome to MarriProm Jeopardy, the official trivia contest of this year's MarriProm! I'm your host, Resolute!

In this event, you and your prom buddy will be tested in a variety of Pokémon and forum-related trivia, all in a nifty Jeopardy-style game show! Are you ready to show the forums your supercomputer-level trivia skills? Or are you going to break down and combust like a Samsung phone battery?

Rules of the Contest:

- Couples will play the game in a live chat (text or voice, depending on the situation) with the host and one other couple.
- Questions will be presented on a board that looks something like this:

Sinnoh Refuge: $100 $300 $500
Abilities: $100 $300 $500
Forum Trivia: $100 $300 $500
Flags of the World: $100 $300 $500

- Couples will each take turns picking questions off of the board. A correct answer awards them the dollar value associated with the question. A wrong answer results in a dead question and the turn passes.
- Couples have 60 seconds to confer with each other by text, or 30 if in chat. Don't use outside sources like search engines or reference materials; this is intended to test your knowledge, not your searching skills.

Interested?

Just post in this thread with this form to sign up! If you're going it solo, just put N/A in Partner's Username and Partner's Timezone.

Username:
Partner's Username:
Your Timezone:
Partner's Timezone:
Availability as a pair:

Last edited: