Campfire Giovanni's Kanto Campfire

Gokudera

Silver King
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Devin
Background Story

Giovanni had won. He beat Red at Silph Co., and took out anyone who had a chance to oppose him. Now, Kanto was under his thumb. Giovanni has imprisoned all that tried to oppose him in the newly renovated Rocket Tower, where the Radio Tower once stood in Lavender Town. It has been converted into a giant skyscraper, where every trainer is forced to live and work. And at the top, a lavish condo where Giovanni himself lives. Anyone caught trying to leave, is imprisoned deep underground with the other delinquent trainers.

Giovanni thinks he has won, but the "delinquent" trainers still have a few tricks up their sleeves. Each trainer was able to conceal a single pokeball on them when they were captured. Now, it was all just a matter of finding a way to break out, taking out the countless Grunts, make their way to the top floor, take out the Executives, and finally topple Giovanni himself. There has to be a way, now they just have to figure one out.

Name:
Appearence(Either a picture, or 3 or more sentence description:
Background (at least 4 sentences):
Personality (at least 4 sentences):
Other: (See main thread)

Pokémon Sign Up Form:

Pokémon:
Nickname: (optional)
Moves:
Backstory:

Accepted Characters:
Gokudera's Mexwell Cross
IDKnugget's Alexander Clemont Reed
Foolhard's Kouki Takenaka

Last edited:

Gokudera

Silver King
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Devin
One reserve for whatever is needed.

Gokudera

Silver King
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Devin
My form

Name: Maxwell Cross
Appearence:
Background:
Maxwell came from a fairly normal family. His mother and father were both trainers, but neither were serious enough to be called Ace Trainers or Veterans. His older brother was a succesful Pokémon researcher, who left to help Professor Sycamore with his study of Mega Evolution a year before Giovani's take over.
Maxwell always respected Pokémon, and went on his journey as soon as he turned 10. He travelled to Johto, Hoenn, and eventually Sinnoh. before returning home to look after his new baby brother shortly after he turned 16. Maxwell was planning to leave on his journey when his younger brother turned 2, but Giovanni changed those plans rather drastically. Because his parents aren't trainers of note, and have a young child, Giovanni has forced them to work as teachers at "Grunt University", while the nannies look after Maxwell's baby brother.
Now Maxwell's main goal is to escape, find his family, and defeat Giovanni so everyone can escape this hell.
Personality: Maxwell is a stern young man, who sees himself as a leader type. He tries to keep his emotions in check, as he feels strong emotions can be easily distracting. This has caused him to lose friends in the past, but that's something that's never bothered him, as he knows his companion Pokémon are always by his side. Maxwell's attitude causes him to act cold to all those around him. However, being with his Pokémon, and being in this hell, has caused him to try to open up more, because having human companions, and even "friends" will make escaping more likely.
Other: Giovanni is King...for now.

Pokémon:
Prinplup

Nickname: Neptune
Moves:
Scald
Drill Peck
Ice Beam
Meta Claw
Backstory: Maxwell first met Neptune as Piplup in Professor Rowan's lab. Professor Rowan described the Piplup as a proud, loyal that was always helping Rowan out with whatever it could. Maxwell saw a kindred spirit in the Piplup, and asked if he could have it as a companion. Happy to see Maxwell's respect for Pokémon, Rowan agreed. From then on, Neptune was a loyal friend and companion to Maxwell, always there for him. When Neptune evolved intoPrinplup, Maxwell felt overwhelmed with joy, a very rare site, as all their hard work finally bore fruit in an even more powerful companion.

Last edited:

IDKnuggets

Chicken Nugget
AKA
Gary
Time Zone
Pacific Standard
3DS FC
3840-8619-4627
Switch FC
SW-6751-4715-5116
IGN
Gary
Name: Alexander Clemont Reed
Appearence:IMG_20190222_203715_558.jpg
Background: Alexander Clemont Reed was born and raised in Cerulean City. From a young age, his dream was to become the greatest water type pokemon trainer to ever live. With this goal in mind, he often clashed with his childhood rival Misty Waterflower. With nothing but a Magikarp by his side, he never managed to win a battle against the girl. Regardless, he swore one day he would defeat her and go on to become the worlds greatest water type trainer. Training long and hard, catching more water type pokemon, and preparing to face Misty again, Alex travelled the Kanto and Jhoto regions. Finally, with a team of powerful water type pokemon at his side Alex was ready to face Misty once again. But, before he had the chance to face his red-headed rival once more, he was captured by team rocket. He knew he could sneak a pokemon with him, but only one. Glancing between the two pokeballs holding his level sixteen Magikarp and his level eighty-six Starmie respectively, he knew what he had to do. He grabbed Maiho's pokeball and hid it where it wouldn't be found on him. He and his faithful Magikarp would find a way to take down Giovanni and Team Rocket, together.
Personality: Alex has always been a friendly person, and being trapped in Rocket Tower has been unable to change that. He has a sort of charisma that has always attracted people to him, and a drive to succeed that inspires others. However, he can be overconfident in himself and would probably try to battle Giovanni even if all he had was himself and a low level Magikarp. He lacks patience, and doesn't know when to retreat.
Other: Giovanni is king... for now

Pokémon: Magikarp
Nickname: Maiho
Moves: Splash, Tackle
Backstory: Maiho was Alexander's first pokemon, and they have been together for almost their entire lives. Alex received a Magikarp egg as a gift on his fifth birthday, and it hatched the pokemon that would be Maiho a week later. From the moment she hatched, the two were inseparable. Even though Maiho is unable to speak english, she and Alex understand each other perfectly.

Gokudera

Silver King
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Devin
Alexander and Francis are accepted!
Hoping to get one more before we start.

Also, @Godot , not 100% if you knew, but we're not all on the lamb. We've been captured, and are imprisoned by Giovanni, atm. We're starting by escaping

Godot

Coffee Drinkin' College Student
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Connor
Time Zone
Central Time
In hindsight I don't think I paid enough attention. I deleted my character solely because not paying attention is a bad sign.

Master Magics Five

「ハイウェイ・スター」
AKA
Efflore, BloodClaw
Time Zone
EST (UTC -5:00)
Switch FC
SW-4046-4239-6610

Name: "I'm Kouki Takenaka, pleasure's all mine."
Background: "I was pretty much born into this lifestyle, I never did leave home much. So, despite having lost my party and restrained to such a building, it never felt wrong. I've lived comfortably and never considered overtaking Giovanni; the thought couldn't even formulate. But that's because, at first, I had thought his doings for the greater good, yet now I'm held to this light of truth. Without trying to seem ungrateful, I understand that he can no longer, nor ever should have, hold the right to power."
Personality: "I am a gentle soul and flow along each tide that rolls in. Where life takes me, I expect to be all well. Perhaps a little naive, then. Though, no matter how soft and loving I am on the outside, my passion burns furiously for everything that I believe in, and sometimes allow it to scorch me merely because I refuse to douse another's. I've learned to not retaliate, but as life has chosen that I congregate with others that wish to, I must also be accordance with that. After all, the only thing more important than life now is life in the future."
Other: "Giovanni's King... for now~."

Pokémon: "That's my darling Spritzee."

Nickname: "Baron, like Baron Samedi, even if that's a masculine name."

Moves:
Telekinesis
Protect
Aromatherapy
Moonblast

Backstory:
"Certainly not my first Pokémon, but a sweetheart all the same. I grew attached to her in my travels, always flapping around silly, even helping once in a while. It was nice, and I'm awful lucky my removal was forced in the night: that's the only way I still have her now, that with my various other smuggling skills. I store her very safely when she must be in her Pokéball, something I should have done for all the others who trusted me just the same. Ones that I met far more circumstantially than in the wild, but I guess it's too late to turn back, huh?"

Last edited:

Gokudera

Silver King
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Devin
Gotcha, Godot.
And Kouki is accepted!
I also decided to go with Prinplup for now, as everyone else has NFE evolved Pokémon.
Still in need of one more person before we start.

Bunnie

litle creacher
Rainbow Rocket Grunt

Name: Reverie Laine (Ren for short)
Appearence: picture above!! (hair colour: reddish brown, eye colour: reddish pink)
Background: Reverie grew up in a household where pokemon were always the center of attention. As a daughter of two pokemon researchers she had to travel a lot with her parents while growing up, which caused her to become even more reserved than she was naturally, since she didn't stay anywhere long enough to be able to learn how to make friends. At home, her parents were often too busy with their work, locked up in their lab for hours, while Reverie usually spent her time on her own, usually daydreaming and drawing in her sketchbook or taking care of the housework. When she lost her parents in a tragic plane accident, she was pretty much left all alone, her only companion left was her Vulpix, Kumi, with whom she had grown up and was very close. Her pain and loneliness drove her to take the decision to go on a journey with Kumi to become a pokemon trainer, and find purpose to her life again. Unfortunately, her journey had barely started and she was already captured by Team rocket, and found her new purpose: to defeat Giovanni and regain her freedom.
Personality: Reverie is a very shy and introverted person, due to the lack of opportunities she had as a child to connect with other people. Although she didn't have many chances to socialize, she is a kind and caring person, since she grew up close to pokemon and often had to look after them. She has gentle manners and doesn't speak a lot, which usually makes it difficult for her to express her emotions. As a result she tends to bottle up a lot of her opinions and feelings which can lead to strange outbursts of emotions like anger and frustration, that make for either awkward or comical situations. She loves pokemon and feels most comfortable around them, which is something they can sense and as a result they're usually drawn to her naturally. She loves watching and drawing pokemon in her free time, carefully studying their behaviour.
Other: Giovanni is king...for now

:vulpix:
Pokémon: Vulpix
Nickname:
Kumi
Moves: Flamethrower
/ Will-O-Wisp / Extrasensory / Quick Attack
Backstory: Reverie got Kumi from her parents when she was younger. Her parents noticed their daughter was always alone, playing on her own and drawing herself with pokemon as her friends, so they decided to give her a pokemon egg to take care of, from which Kumi hatched. Her parents thought raising a pokemon would help her feel less lonely, and Reverie and Kumi became best friends ever since. The moment Reverie got the egg in her hands and felt the warmth and life that was hidden inside it, a new feeling started to form in her heart. Kumi taught Reverie what friendship is and what it feels like to get attached to someone other than her parents.

Last edited:

Moxie

Veteran Ditz
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Daam
Name: Leon Ruvine

Appearence: His silvery white hair and matching eyes tended to draw a lot of attention to him when he was a youngster in Trainer School. Kids lacking subtlety at that age made him more self conscious about his appearance, so he allowed his hair to grow out around his temple, slightly veiling his eyes. His hair is usually all over the place, curling at the ends due to it being overgrown.

He has a rather lean, bordering on skinny, figure that is more apparent due to his height of 5'11. His skin also seems to be an unhealthy pale due to him not being too fond of the outdoors

Background: Being brought up in Kalos ended up being detrimental when Leon and his Parents finally moved to Kanto, when he was only 12. The lifestyle in Kalos was much more posh and varied, the cities blossoming with energy and originality in each and every city, which made Kanto seem drab and more generic in contrast. Leon could feel quite a heavy social disconnect with the Kanto natives, not being able to relate to their different mindsets, which made him more or less an outcast even after joining the Trainer School in Kanto. He was not big on reading before the move, but since talking to people was hardly an option as they seemed to see him as someone of a different world view and that he couldn't relate to them, he had hardly a choice, but to bury himself into literature, regardless of what it was about.

Even Pokemon in Kanto had an extremely different feel to them in his opinion. He had caught a few as a coping mechanism, hoping that catching the local Pokemon would allow him to understand the Region at an emotional level, but that never seemed to work out either. Of course the Pokemon were adorable in their own way, but a lot more unruly and more willing to jump into fights that may or may not have been instigated by the other party.

His personality had obviously taken quite the serious 180, a happy energetic, yet elegant boy reduced to a closed off, snarky and cynical one. His parents could hardly cope with his sudden shift in his personality and ended up starting to put his needs, lower on the list of priorities. This was the last straw for Leon, making him think that it was finally time to be self sustainable. He was an adult now so he could get some sort of job. Of course...Giovanni happened only a few days after this thought ran through his mind.

"Being captured isn't so bad" Leon would say to anyone who would listen, but people were too tuned out to others, only indulging themselves in their own panic. Though...ever since Giovanni had taken control, everything actually started getting worse than ever. Pokemon centers started being unable to be funded as a lot of the normal everyday folks were imprisoned inside his very own Rocket Tower...

At first Leon was not really invested in caring about their current situation, not really caring if he was in here or out there, but an inkling of his old rebellious ways started to surface as he kept waiting and pondering...Being trapped here meant he could never get to his real home after all. That meant Giovanni needed to be taken down.

Personality: Leon is a very cynical and quick witted person, more interested in throwing arguments back at people rather than assist in some productive way. His Jaded personality seems to be forced sometimes, as a way to convince himself that putting energy and enthusiasm into things would hardly resolve anything without a concrete backbone of a plan. He tends to be quite blunt and doesn't appreciate people trying to relentlessly force something onto him without a given reason to it.

He also is a bit of a pacifist, not personally fond of getting into violent situations, preferring to take a more methodical and strategic way to defeating other trainers, usually involving long range rather than fist fights, as they make him wince more than he'd like.

He surprisingly does appreciate people around him, even with his rather off putting personality. Being isolated makes him feel rather uncomfortable and awkward since he tends to make a show of acting snarky and rude. Not having people to take the brunt of it makes him a bit more mellow and unusually honest than he would normally like to be.

Other: Giovanni is King...for now

POKEMON

Pokémon: Roselia :roselia:

Nickname: Solara

Moves: Petal Dance/Sludge Bomb/Dazzling Gleam/Synthesis

Backstory: The local Kalos flower shop seemed to have found a mysterious egg lying on their door step one day. The Flower shop keeper was friends with Leon's mother so she ended up taking it, eventually giving the egg to her son Leon on his 8th Birthday. She was Leon's first Pokemon that he had ever received and a Pokemon that originated from Kalos as well. Solara seemed like the only one that Leon could be himself around as she was his best and most loyal friend. She tended to be more calm and serene, yet also polite and friendly in contrast with Leon's more dynamic and easily frustrated personality so they end up balancing each other out

dreams

Ultimate Nurse
AKA
Chloe or Paris (explained in bio)
Time Zone
GMT +1
Name: Yui Chino

Background: Born to a family of doctors, Yui was raised to be just like them. Cold, bold, thick-skinned. Whenever she got injured, they didn't care about the pain, they only cared about the solution to the given problem. They taught her many things at an early age so she would be prepared for the real world much faster than most. Life is not just sunshine and rainbows anyway. Yui was never liked by her peers, she was seen as "weird" or "broken" as her emotions were never shown to the world. Her family was usually very busy, as being a doctor is not an easy task, meaning that she was neglected as more time passed.

During her early teen years, she met someone special. A girl about her age. The two were always together and eventually ended up becoming the best of friends, even though their peers made fun of them for it. One day, however, the girl went missing, just disappearing without a trace. That was years ago. The girl was never found. The whole situation hurt Yui immensely, making her build walls around her feelings and the actual outside world. She told herself that she won't attach herself to anyone else ever again until she's really sure that they won't hurt her ever. An impossible goal, but it's something that always keeps her going.

As Giovanni took over, Yui thought to herself many possibilities of what could've happened to her friend. With that in mind, without even thinking, she gave herself to Team Rocket, not even giving them any problems with capturing her. Unlike most who want freedom, she just wants to see her friend again. One last time.

Personality: A woman of a few words, Yui is known to be the introvert of the team. An unusually calm individual, she uses it to her advantage, analyzing the area and opponent; this has proven to be useful in otherwise stressful situations. She has been cursed with Alexithymia, making her unable to express her emotions or describe them- only giving her a blank stare and a monotone voice. Her condition is something that someone would like to get rid of, but she seems to have gotten used to it. Not being emotionally attached to something or someone can be good in the long run. Her monotone voice and expression makes people unable to really read her, most of the time even mistaking her words of advice for mocking or rudeness.

Wishing to always be in the background, Yui almost never does anything "violent" and keeps herself at a safe distance, and never does anything to give herself attention that many yearn for. Being a person for analyzing, she's more of a support member when it comes to fighting than an actual fighter. Sometimes, however, she is known to overanalyze the situation.

Although it may seem a bit harsh to some, Yui does not care for most people's emotions- she, in fact, will do anything to get her point across - even if it hurts someone else's feelings - with facts and logic. This can make her come off as a jerk, although her intentions are the complete opposite.

Other: Giovanni is king... for now.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pokémon: Espurr

Nickname: Flandre

Moves: Covet, Confusion, Light Screen, Psybeam

Backstory: Flandre was given to Yui as a present from her parents so she wouldn't feel as lonely when she still didn't have a best friend. The two grew a nice and healthy relationship, seeing similarities in each other that others wouldn't have. Flandre joined with Yui as she surrendered herself to Team Rocket in the name of finding her friend and will be loyal to her no matter what.

Last edited:

Rainbow Rocket Grunt

Team Rocket Grunt
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Aimee, Lulu, LuluRina, Rina, ALL HAIL GIOVANNI!
Time Zone
GMT+11
IGN
Lulu
Name: Amara Moon
Appearence: Amara stands at 163.1 cm and has short brown hair, hazel eyes, and dark purple flowery glasses. While both of her ears are pointed, her left ear looks more like an elf ear. She usually wears a plain red t-shirt along with black pants and black tie-up shoes.
Background (at least 4 sentences): Amara grew up in Saffron City with 6 older sisters and one older brother, as well as her parents. She's the youngest of her family, and while some of her sisters had no interest in going out on a journey, the others and her brother already did theirs. She always wanted to become a Pokemon Trainer, but every time she went to ask her parents if she could become one, something always held her back. One day, however, she asked her parents if she could go. To her excitement, they said yes, and even gave her a pokemon. But this was around the time Giovanni took over, and he immediately took interest in her. He took her over to Lavender Tower and set her to work.
Personality (at least 4 sentences): Amara is quiet and obedient. She never really asks for stuff, and she usually prefers to be alone. She loves to listen to music, and usually lets her mind wander, thinking of fanciful ideas. When she gets bored, she gets fully immersed in her head, exploring strange places with her imaginary friends. She has no idea how to make actual friends, however she does really love to share the stuff she has to others. She also can be a bit naive and sees the best in people most of the time. However, if she needs to, she will step up and say she won't do something if it makes her uncomfortable.
Other: Giovanni is king... for now

Pokémon: Eevee
Nickname: Rina
Moves: Bite/Quick Attack/Protect/Swift
Backstory: Rina was caught while Amara's dad was out on his journey. He never really had a use for her in battle, but he held onto it. When he heard that Amara was going out on a journey, he decided to give her Rina. They bonded immediately, and when they got brought to the tower, they both decided together that they won't stay there.

Gokudera

Silver King
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Devin
Yui and Amara have both been accepted!
Sorry this is really late, but last week was a bit crazy. Worked a few extra shifts for a sick coworker, my internet died for a few days (my modem actually died yesterday), but everything is good now, and I will be starting this either today or tomorrow.