Accepting Started Giovanni's Kanto

Gokudera

Silver King
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Join Date
Oct 23, 2018
Posts
876
AKA
Devin
Gender
Male
Giovanni had won. He beat Red at Silph Co., and took out anyone who had a chance to oppose him. Now, Kanto was under his thumb. Giovanni has imprisoned all that tried to oppose him in the newly renovated Rocket Tower, where the Radio Tower once stood in Lavender Town. It has been converted into a giant skyscraper, where every trainer is forced to live and work. And at the top, a lavish condo where Giovanni himself lives. Anyone caught trying to leave, is imprisoned deep underground with the other delinquent trainers. There are guards all around the tower, and at all 3 entrances to Lavender Town. Giovanni has even forced Electrode to use Explosion, and destroyed the exit of Rock Tunnel, ensuring no unwanted guests can enter Lavender Town.
Giovanni believes he is unstoppable. He believes all threats to his conquest have been thwarted. However, the "delinquent" trainers still have a few tricks up their sleeves. Each trainer was able to conceal a single pokéball on them when they were captured. Now, it was all just a matter of finding a way to break out, taking out the countless Grunts, make their way to the top floor, take out the Executives, and finally topple Giovanni himself. There has to be a way, now they just have to figure one out. It may be helpful to find out where Red is being held captive, too.

Please see the Campfire located here to join.Rules:
All Marriland and Roleplaying rules apply.
-When choosing your Pokémon, and it cannot be a legendary, mystic, or pseudo legendary. (Dragonite, Tyranitar, Salamence, Metagross, Garchomp, Hydreigon, Goodra, Kommo-o) However, they can be pre-evolutions of pseudo legendaries and eventually evolve.
-Mega Pokémon are also banned.
-All egg moves/TMs/level up moves for your certain Pokémon are acceptable.
-You will eventually be able to take a few more Pokémon that were captured, and can form a team of up to four, with the same stipulations.
-All posts must be at least 4 sentences.
-Any OoC things should go at the top of your post, preferably seperated by either underscore or dashes, simply for consistency's sake.
-We may be facing Rocket Grunts mostly, but don't Godmod and make the battles extremely easy wins. Make them a little tough.
-To acknowledge you read the rules, put "Giovanni is King...for now" in Other in the Campfire.
 

Gokudera

Silver King
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Join Date
Oct 23, 2018
Posts
876
AKA
Devin
Gender
Male
OoC: Ok, enough stalling, let's get this started!
___

It has been months since Giovanni took control of the Kanto region. He sits atop his throne, both figuratively and literally, at the top of "Rocket Tower", where the Radio Tower used to stand in Lavender town. He forced countless trainers and Pokémon to work day in and day out to build the rest of the tower. Maxwell and a few other trainers were granted reprieve from that hard labor. Instead, they have been locked up in the basement, with no sunlight, minimal food and water, and a blanket to sleep with. Giovanni had hoped to break the will of these "delinquent trainers", as he calls them. However, he couldn't be further from the truth. Maxwell and his fellow trainers, 7 in all, have been concocting a plan to escape from their cells, and eventually reach the top floor, toppling Giovanni, and bringing peace back to the once vibrant Kanto region.
"So, what do you think is the best way to escape from this cell? I think we should try to distract one of the guards. Tell him one of us is sick, or got injured, and get one of the guards attention. Kouki, Amara, your Spritzee and Eevee have protect, right? That could be a big help.
Does anyone have any other ideas they think might work? I don't want to try this escape until we have a concrete plan we all afree on."
 

Bunnie

litle creacher
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Join Date
Dec 2, 2018
Posts
544
Location
bed
Gender
Female
OoC: yes!! i'm excited about this. Here comes my first rp, i'm going to start simple, and hopefully feel more comfortable with time
~

Reverie tipped her head to the side and studied Maxwell thoughtfully for a moment. Her gaze then returned down to Kumi, who slept quietly on her lap. She stroked her soft fur gently, and Kumi opened her eyes lazily and yawned wide. Reverie wasn't completely sure yet whether she should participate in the other trainers' plans to escape. She wasn't used to working with other people, she felt more comfortable on her own, and she had a strange fear of ending up as a burden rather than an ally. But on the other hand she knew that the more people helped in the plan, the more likely it was to succeed, and although she couldn't say she trusted herself completely, she certainly trusted Kumi's power.
She glanced at the trainers around her and bit her lip nervously. After a brief moment of trying to collect her thoughts, she looked at Maxwell again. She didn't think she would be of much help, but Kumi's power was useful.
"Kumi knows Will-O-Wisp... I mean, I think that could help us get less damage", she said to Maxwell and immediately hated the slight tremble in her voice. This isn't the time to be shy!, she scolded herself in her head and frowned, glancing away and going back to petting Kumi on her lap.
 

Moxie

Veteran Ditz
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Join Date
Nov 2, 2018
Posts
799
AKA
Daam
Gender
Male
OoC: Well I forgot what my Character is like, but I hope I don't mess it up lol

It was oddly satisfying for Leon to see everyone worked up in their own way. He hadn't really been very helpful, mumbling halfhearted replies more than constructed arguments on his thoughts on how to get themselves out of this situation. The only issue was that Solara seemed to be extremely sick..."Solara? Are you okay?" His voice was surprisingly soft as he cradled his Partner. She forced a smile, but the lack of sunlight was really starting to get to her. Leon squeezed her gently in his arms, in a comforting gesture, before looking up at the rest of the trainers with a look of distaste, his eyes focusing on Maxwell after a once over. "These guards can't be bothered to let my Solara have sun, but you think they're going to care about us being here? They want us incapacitated, so one of us being sick might just be what they want."
He looked over at the other Pokemon that were owned by the trainers that were stuck here with him. Most of them would be no help in trying to get out of here, but two particularly seemed useful. He lightly scratched his cheek, pretending like he had forgotten the names of Kouki and Yui "Your Pokemon wouldn't by any chance happen to have a move to confuse the guards? Your Spritzee particularly" His eyes now stopped at the small pink Pokemon, belonging to Kouki. Spritzee were in high number back in Kalos so he knew they had access to the move Telekinesis "Can't your Spritzee use telekinesis...uh koumi?”

Talks to: Maxwell, Yui, Kouki
 
Last edited:

Master Magics Five

「ハイウェイ・スター」
Join Date
Jan 11, 2019
Posts
232
Location
the path of exile
AKA
Efflore, BloodClaw
Time Zone
EST (UTC -5:00)
Switch FC
SW-4046-4239-6610
"That is so, Lion," He smiles pleasantly in the spirit of playful rather than cruel humor. "However, I'm afraid we're not the only ones with ears..."
Kouki paused momentarily, his eyes shifting around, searching for one that would dare to eavesdrop. This, however, came up dry to his knowledge, though dry is precisely what's needed.
He chuckles lightly, remembering a day when he lacked a care, nor even needed to pretend he had one. Such a shift: and to be in the same place, something to bring about varying degrees emotion, which is still greater than he had been before. He had acquaintances, now, too.

"Very well, don't mind my paranoia," his eyes proceeded to adjust to function, focusing on Leon's predicament. "Perhaps a little Aromatherapy would do you good? Mind you Baron's name; she is more a shaman of life than death."

He returns to a vacant state, same as he had carried before. He figured Maxwell's question rhetorical, thus not worth answering, though none of these are as of yet.
 

Rainbow Rocket Grunt

Team Rocket Grunt
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Join Date
Jan 16, 2019
Posts
721
Location
Team Rainbow Rocket Headquarters
AKA
Aimee, Lulu, LuluRina, Rina, ALL HAIL GIOVANNI!
Gender
Female
Time Zone
GMT+11
IGN
Lulu
Amara was sitting back against the wall with Rina asleep on her lap when Maxwell asked if Rina had protect. She nodded and said "Yea, she does." She looked down at her Pokemon and petted her, her mind wandering off into her grassy field with her friends. While she was there, Rina woke up and looked up at Amara. Seeing she was back into one of those states, Rina started bouncing on her lap, making Amara snap back into reality.

She looked down at Rina, then back to the others as they were still talking.
 

dreams

Ultimate Nurse
Join Date
Feb 25, 2019
Posts
46
AKA
Chloe or Paris (explained in bio)
Gender
Other
Time Zone
GMT +1
Yui was the furthest away from the group, tightly hugging Flandre who was staring wide-eyed at the Pokemon around her. The silent lady's eyes were gazing around the room, examining the individuals one by one. She didn't bother answering Maxwell's question, nor did she bother actually speaking on the matter. The blue-haired introvert would slowly raise her red scarf over her mouth, her eyes returning their attention back to her Pokémon. Her face would lean forward as she whispered something into the ear of her fluffy friend, and then slowly retreated back to her original position. Any and every question given to her would most likely be met with no answer, not even a nod or a shake of her head.

Lowering her head down, she would get lost in her mind. Thoughts would race, yet no emotions were felt. She didn't care about the people here, they're not important. Not important. Not important... that thought would keep on lingering in the back of her head. Not important... Not important... A few more mutters were given to her Pokémon. Looks like she'll be a tough one to actually communicate with properly.
 
Last edited:

IDKnuggets

Chicken Nugget
Join Date
Jan 26, 2019
Posts
4
Location
California
AKA
Gary
Gender
Male
Time Zone
Pacific Standard
3DS FC
3840-8619-4627
Switch FC
SW-6751-4715-5116
IGN
Gary
Alexander looked around the cell at each of the people and Pokèmon held captive along with him. Three other guys, three girls, and a Pokèmon for each person.

A silver-haired, purple-eyed guy with a Prinplup, a green-eyed guy with a Spritzee, a girl with faintly red hair and eyes who had a Vulpix as a partner, a boy with white hair and a Rosalia, a blue-eyed girl with an Espurr, a girl with hazel eyes and an Eevee, and finally himself with Maiho.

He figured most would write Maiho off as useless, most people considered Magikarp to be such. But Alexander had faith in the little fish, and knew he could be useful even if nobody else did.

Alexander glanced between the Vulpix and the Prinplup. "If we can get them to open the cell, we could combine fire and water attacks from your Prinplup," he glanced at Maxwell "and your Vulpix," his gaze shifted to Reverie "to create some steam and block their vision while we escape" he suggested.
 

Moxie

Veteran Ditz
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Join Date
Nov 2, 2018
Posts
799
AKA
Daam
Gender
Male
Frustration started to build up a bit inside of Leon as if his temper was like a kettle being put out to heat. Everyone seemed to be in their own worlds. It’s as if this situation didn’t really set for any of them. Or maybe the fact that my Solara was slowly fading out was what was sinking the reality in for Leon.

Leon’s eyes squinted into a glare in Kouki’s direction “No. Aromatherapy is not what I need right now. I feel like you don’t understand the gravity of the situation so how about you help out instead?” Standing idle was not going to help his Solara so desperation was starting to sink in instead. Was it that hard to understand that his ability to levitate things with telekinesis would be extremely useful in this situation or was he just being stubborn?

His blood felt like it was boiling. They weren’t going to get out with such half hearted measures. A groan escaping his lips when he had heard Alexander’s idea. “Do you really think using a Fire move of all things inside a closed space is such a good idea? Like honestly. You’re just going to get someone hurt” his lips curled as he was starting to get a bit sick of this now...

Talks to: Kouki, Alexander
OoC: Tbh this is for me to keep track
 

Master Magics Five

「ハイウェイ・スター」
Join Date
Jan 11, 2019
Posts
232
Location
the path of exile
AKA
Efflore, BloodClaw
Time Zone
EST (UTC -5:00)
Switch FC
SW-4046-4239-6610
A pause, then a softened expression, "I'm sorry. I thought perhaps it could cleanse out your friend there, but I suppose it doesn't really revitalize..."

Kouki nods, wincing at the cut of his words. No demands were ever really made of him, not until recently; very recently.

He makes a survey of his surroundings, muttering in the direction of Leon. Clearly his naïvety-derived charisma holds no stake here.

He thought further, making a mental note of Leon's aggression, and stifles a sigh. He proceeds to communicate more clearly, and in words he only hopes Leon wants to hear, though honesty lies beneath them, "I'll help you. But first, what do we do when we're out? They've gotta have more guards, and we can't make a ruckus."

Kouki glances over Alexander with pleading eyes, mouthing "don't."
 

Bunnie

litle creacher
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Join Date
Dec 2, 2018
Posts
544
Location
bed
Gender
Female
Reverie was about to respond to Alexander, when the silver-haired boy started talking and she was forced into silence by how frustrated he sounded. She wrapped her arms around Kumi tightly and hid her face in her fur for a second, taking a deep breath and inhaling the familiar scent. The sweet and warm fragrance always brought back memories of her home, a pleasant scent of cinnamon and burnt wood. Kumi rubbed her cheek on Reverie's arm and licked her softly, trying to give her courage.

She sighed and turned to Leon, her expression almost apologetic for trying to correct him. "Kumi can control her flamethrower", she muttered nervous and turned her eyes away the moment they met his. And in the worst case that something goes wrong, we have two water types with us, she added in her head and glanced over at Maxwell's Prinplup and Alexander's Magikarp, a worried expression on her face, as she was a little unsure about the second one.

Then Reverie's eyes fell upon the quiet girl at the very back of the room. The girl with the oversized red scarf wrapped around her neck, hiding half of her face, managed to remain unnoticed most of the time somehow, even in such a small space. Reverie examined her curious, but the moment their eyes met, she quickly turned the other way nervously. Kumi kept staring at the girl and her Espurr for a few more seconds, not caring to hide her curiosity, and then curled into a ball and continued her nap.
 
Last edited:

IDKnuggets

Chicken Nugget
Join Date
Jan 26, 2019
Posts
4
Location
California
AKA
Gary
Gender
Male
Time Zone
Pacific Standard
3DS FC
3840-8619-4627
Switch FC
SW-6751-4715-5116
IGN
Gary
Alexander smiled "I have faith in Kumi's ability to control her flamethrower," he nodded at Reverie "and no matter what we decide to do, we could sit here forever worrying about how someone could get hurt trying it."

The other trainer seemed oddly angered by he and the others suggestions, so Alexander decided he would try to explain more clearly what his aim was in Hope's he would warm up to them in time.

"Besides," he added, "I wasn't suggesting we try it in the cage. I was saying we could use it to cover our escape, combing the water and fire attacks behind us. We only have six pokèmon, and like Kouki said there have to be more guards out there. I love a good battle, but we should save our strength."
 

dreams

Ultimate Nurse
Join Date
Feb 25, 2019
Posts
46
AKA
Chloe or Paris (explained in bio)
Gender
Other
Time Zone
GMT +1
For a while Yui pretended not to notice Reverie's stares before her eyes would slowly raise as did her head in a single motion which looked staticky, almost unreal- like a gear spinning. She could feel the back of her neck pop. Reverie's eyes would meet with her lifeless own.

A few seconds would pass before her completely lifeless and monotone voice finally spoke up. "What are you looking at?" Her monotone voice asked as she stared at the girl who just looked away from her direction. There was no way of knowing if she was angry or not, she didn't know that herself. "Staring is rude- you know that, don't you? Did your parents not teach you manners?" There was no way of knowing if she was angry, curious or disappointed. Nothing. She didn't know herself.

The Espurr would stare at the Vulpix with her big eyes, not doing much else as it was gently resting against her trainer's body.
 
Last edited:

Bunnie

litle creacher
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Join Date
Dec 2, 2018
Posts
544
Location
bed
Gender
Female
Reverie nodded at Alexander and even made an attempt at a smile, but it was so slight, she wasn't sure if he noticed at all.

Hearing Yui's words, she didn't bother to respond, she just pulled her knees to her chest and curled into a small ball, making a pouty face. She didn't want to fight, she was just interested in Yui for whatever reason, that's all. Maybe I stared a bit too much..., she thought, hiding her blushing face.
Her eyes watered at the cruel mention of her deceased parents.
 
Last edited:

Moxie

Veteran Ditz
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Join Date
Nov 2, 2018
Posts
799
AKA
Daam
Gender
Male
Feeling a bit guilty for his rather harsh words directed at Kouki, he lightly tipped his head a bit for a second which seemed to resemble a nod of sorts "I appreciate the thought though, just a bit on edge" Leon lightly picked up Solara in his arms, cradling her a bit as she seemed to have passed out. The thought of using a flamethrower around his Solara just scared him, reminding him how much he disliked battles.

It took a bit for Leon to process that he was suddenly on everyone's negative spectrum of emotions. Okay not a good first impression clearly. It was a lot easier to just talk strategy over mindless banter since his snark seemed to seep out whenever that tended to happen. After taking in a long breath of air, Leon lightly placed his hand against his cheek in an obvious show of thought "I feel like we're being a bit too optimistic about them opening the cage. Unless someone has suggestions on how to be diplomatic with a bunch of glorified thugs, I think we should do this in a step wise process." His eyes now rested back again on Maxwell before looking around at the group again "I won't be much help when we get out without Solara...So I don't really have input in that regard. Just personally not a fan of using Pokemon moves recklessly" Leon seemed to mumble the last part, unsure if he should be so open about being against fights in the first place. They might end up cutting him off if they realize he wouldn't be willing to fight when needed.

Talks to: Everyone
 

Master Magics Five

「ハイウェイ・スター」
Join Date
Jan 11, 2019
Posts
232
Location
the path of exile
AKA
Efflore, BloodClaw
Time Zone
EST (UTC -5:00)
Switch FC
SW-4046-4239-6610
"Action isn't necessarily my expertise. I'm perfectly happy to wait for an opportunity," Kouki states. He shuffles around a little bit, betraying his words, though he does not realize such. Rather, he didn't have any idea what to do: the second sentence was only a white lie to slip under the radar.

"I suppose you don't feel the same, though, do you?" His mouth openly smiles, but his eyebrows sink, ready to laugh or feel shame.

Kouki then relaxes, drifting off to his own mind momentarily. Sometimes this escapism allows him to reapproach a situation, and is blissfully unaware of how rude this may come across.
 

Rainbow Rocket Grunt

Team Rocket Grunt
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Join Date
Jan 16, 2019
Posts
721
Location
Team Rainbow Rocket Headquarters
AKA
Aimee, Lulu, LuluRina, Rina, ALL HAIL GIOVANNI!
Gender
Female
Time Zone
GMT+11
IGN
Lulu
Amara took notice of everyone's suggestions. She didn't really pitch in with any of her ideas, preferring to just go along with anything that the others decide. She pulled up her knees as Rina hopped off, sitting next to her. She started spacing out again, and Rina walked over to the other people in the room.
 

dreams

Ultimate Nurse
Join Date
Feb 25, 2019
Posts
46
AKA
Chloe or Paris (explained in bio)
Gender
Other
Time Zone
GMT +1
Yui went back to the emotionless land of her mind. Whilst fixing her scarf, her eyes would guide themselves around the cell. Her lifeless stare would land on Reverie yet again. Was she too harsh? She didn't know. People are too sensitive these days anyway. She looked at the others, her eyes scanning about. Her gaze would finally land on Kouki. "You seem rather carefree for the situation that we're in." The girl commented. "Quite strange, I might say." With that, she held Flandre close, looking to the side.
 

Master Magics Five

「ハイウェイ・スター」
Join Date
Jan 11, 2019
Posts
232
Location
the path of exile
AKA
Efflore, BloodClaw
Time Zone
EST (UTC -5:00)
Switch FC
SW-4046-4239-6610
"We have time, I know this much," his eyes drift to the side as he speaks.
"But you're right; we shouldn't waste it. Sorry."

He crouches, extending his index finger to allow him a pause. Kouki then consults Baron, tilting his head and mouthing words.

"We agree with you, Leon, your plan should work. However, we need ourselves a moving part for every one of theirs..." He stands and surveys the rest of the crowd, expectant. This party seems to be a bit of a puzzle, but maybe that's exactly what they need right now. He smirks.
 
Top