• The Closure of the Marriland Forums

The Marriland Forums will be going into read-only mode on February 15th, 2021. Come October 1st, 2021 the forums will be taken down entirely. More information can be found in this thread. Thank you for being a part of our community!

GMAX Hunting & Watt Farming

AndyBananny

Beginner Trainer
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
So there's this exploit one can do by manipulating their date and time while connected to the internet. It's a soft reset that allows one to repeatedly farm 300 watts until they find the desire pokemon in the raid den.

I was able to do this today to get a GMAX Butterfree. I was wondering if anyone else has happened upon this, and if so, what are your thoughts?

Gigarchomp

Regular Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
IST (GMT+5:30)
IGN
Gargee
So there's this exploit one can do by manipulating their date and time while connected to the internet. It's a soft reset that allows one to repeatedly farm 300 watts until they find the desire pokemon in the raid den.

I was able to do this today to get a GMAX Butterfree. I was wondering if anyone else has happened upon this, and if so, what are your thoughts?
Hi Andy, I've seen so many YouTubers doing these day-time exploits. Kinda can't believe Nintendo hasn't patched that up. I don't like to do it myself though, don't wanna mess up my Switch Lite by accident.

Also, how'd you get a GMax Butterfree? Don't you need a Switch Online connection to obtain event and GMax Pokémon? I thought you mentioned in the trade thread that you didn't have Switch Online.

If there's a workaround to that, I'd love to know. :P

AndyBananny

Beginner Trainer
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
All you need is an internet connection. Whenever you go to a den click invite others. Then a 3 minute timer will count down. Click the home button. Go to settings and change the Date & Time to one day forward. Click OK. Go back to the game. Then cancel the invite and exit the den. This will cause the den to reset. And when you click on it again you will receive 300 watts and a different Pokemon will appear.

And from there you just rinse, wash, and repeat until you find the desired Pokemon.

I've found that it works better when you use your own wishing piece.

Here's a video that explains it in full detail.

Anthrix

Adept Trainer
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
Greenwich Mean Time
IGN
Anthrix
I've not needed to resort to this yet, but I've seen lots of people do it.

There's also an island north west of the Tower Of Water, which also drops lots of nature mints. You can use this exploit to farm these as well.