Godot's Pokémon Black & White Adventure

Godot

Coffee Drinkin' College Student
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Connor
Time Zone
Central Time
So as you might know, especially given how often I mention it, Gen 3 was my jumping on point. I have played literally every generation since 3 and while I have my favorites and least favorites I still enjoy the series overall. I've tried challenge runs, I rarely succeeded, and now I'm throwing my hat into the recorded casual run ring. Gen V is somewhere in the middle for me, it doesn't have the pacing issues of Gen IV and isn't as awesome as Gen VII but it has its strong points. What stuck out to me the most about this gen was that it had a true sequel within the same generation as its predecessor (don't worry, I'll change the title of this thread after I beat the first game so that I can take on the sequel without causing problems).

I'm used to creating characters and personalities for said characters as a means of telling a story. So that's what I'll be doing here too, because Pokémon is considered an RPG I might as well roleplay. Changing things up a bit though is that, because I'm not very creative when it comes to names, I want y'all to name my character. Aside from the standard rules of the forums and the rule of fun, there's only one rule for this run. That rule being that naming the protagonist is a collaborative effort between readers. Due to a character limit of seven, the first seven people to suggest a letter (excluding me, because I want as many people to have input on this as possible) will define the name this run will be using. These seven letters will be the character's name regardless of gender. The character's gender will be determined by a d6 (because I like having some element of randomness mixed in): 1, 2, and 3 will set the character's gender to male. 4,5, and 6 female.

After the character has a name updates will be every other day. I want to at least try to be consistent with this and due to college this course of action seems the most doable. Starter will be Oshawott because I love Oshawott.

Godot

Coffee Drinkin' College Student
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Connor
Time Zone
Central Time
Change of plans regarding how I'm doing this. Audience participation probably isn't going to pan out, and I'm lying in bed to write chronicle this run so dice are out the window. Instead I'll be determining the protagonist's gender using a digital coin, heads will be male, tails female to correspond with the dice format I used above. I will then determine the name on my own, probably something related to mythology in some way or something I'm not quite sure yet. And then I'll give the opening post in-character (in this post, but you get the idea).

Where trouble goes, I follow. That may sound like some heroic introduction or something, but I'm no hero. I may be the protagonist of this tale, but that doesn't mean I'm doing any of this out of the goodness of my heart. But I should probably give a proper introduction, little good as it does. I am Richard, a telepath. Some say telepathy is a gift, of course those who do never experienced it. Telepathy is a curse that drives you insane over time. I have heard many thoughts I wasn't supposed to, some worse than others. It's hard to tone out, especially when you can't control it.

I had been sitting in my room when I heard two distinct voices in my head. The first was incredibly judgmental, "Of course he's in his room. How pathetic, he clearly doesn't know the importance of starting a pokémon journey." Cheren, I always found him to be a complete pain in the neck. The insufferable know-it-all, I just wanted him to leave me alone but seeing as he was here to check out a gift left by the professor I'd just have to tolerate him for a bit. The next voice was more understanding, but no less annoying. "Looks like Cheren's here first. Hopefully he and Richard will get along long enough for us to get all get our first pokémon." Bianca wasn't a harsh individual like Cheren, but I found that she was incredibly naive and her worldview was incredibly saccharine. Bianca and Cheren were my friends only insofar that they were the only people my age in the entire town.

After a lengthy conversation, which I chose to remain silent for because honestly I had nothing positive to say to either of them. I turned my attention toward the box, moved forward and opened it to reveal the pokéballs.
"I like the silent one, I hope he picks me" a voice from the ball on the right said. "Eh, you can have him. The gal in green seems optimistic and that's really more my speed." Replied a voice from the center ball. "Forget both of you, the guy with glasses is clearly the most prepared out of all three of them" stated the voice from the leftmost ball. I grabbed the ball on the right, better to have a pokémon that approves of me instead of one that doesn't. Next we battled, tournament style in the sense that the first battle would be between me and Bianca and then the winner would face Cheren. I thought it should be the other way around, I should have been facing the victor between the two of them, but more experience for this Oshawott of mine is always a good thing.

"Sorry about the room, Richard, I guess we don't quite know our own strength." Oshawott said as I looked around at my now messed up bedroom. "It's fine, nothing that can't be cleaned later. For now, let's focus on you getting even stronger." I needed a strong pokémon if I wanted to get anywhere near completing my goal. With our first two battles behind us, both victories, we made our way downstairs where mom immediately called me out for battling in my room. I had a feeling that if it weren't for my upcoming journey with this Oshawott, who I really should give a name to, I'd have been grounded for at least a year. I decided to take a quick break before leaving the house, just a few minutes to celebrate not being grounded before I go see the professor.