Monotype Godot's X-citeing Drag-On Adventure.

Greninjaman

Aquatic Ninja Assassin
Yeah, I does bug me that the police are not doing anything at all. I mean, the guy straight up said he's going to destroy the world. If it's broadcasting all over the region, then why aren't the police doing anything?

Also, you said this Lysandre fight was hard? Well, the second one has Lysandre Mega Evolving his Gyarados. Also, you fight the Cover Legendary, which is a FAIRY type.

Godot

Coffee Drinkin' College Student
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Connor
Time Zone
Central Time
@Greninjaman Thanks, always good to be informed. And yeah, every single region to date has had the big bad plan to do something that you know local law enforcement shouldn't permit. To be fair, the ones in Kanto are actively hunting down Team Rocket when they aren't gripping about tea they're just bad at it. Outside of Kanto or Johto I don't think I've seen any police officers doing anything about their local evil teams, and no Looker doesn't count.

Okay, so I called the color Lysandre and his gang collectively wear rouge in the last entry. This is only partially right, it's more like a reddish orange rather than flat out red. And Lysandre himself is clad in black, or noir. What I'm saying is I got the descriptions wrong.

Fighting my way past all the grunts was easy. On top of that, I found out that Lysandre's labs have a lot of beds in the lounge... Is he paying his workers over time? Because seriously forcing the Flare Grunts, Admins, and Scientists to work and sleep in the same building sounds like it's breaking at least one labor law.

Besides the point. Okay, the second scientist I faced was Mable. Not as easy as you'd think, despite her Houndoom. Only took one battle, but that Weavile she added to her team after our last encounter is dangerous. Eventually, through use of flamethrower, the weavile was defeated. She gave me the elevator key, I thought I'd had to go through Bryony and Celosia to get it, how pleasant. Still went to kick their teams to the curb, though. Show 'em the punishment for interrupting my journey and wasting my time.

Daenerys did her job knocking out both Celosia's pokemon. Word to the wise, poison types and electric types offer poor type coverage for each other. Sure, Drapion was also dark, but that doesn't help much against a Flygon with earth power. Bryony would be a little more intimidating, but not by much. Liepard and Bisharp are annoying but not much of a danger to me. Found Dexio and Sina undercover in one of the rooms along the back wall. They looked ridiculous, but I didn't let that slip.

Took the elevator down to the second basement and found a really tall old guy locked behind bars. Lysandre showed up, boasted about his weapon of mass destruction and the location of the hideout (which in hindsight was painfully obvious) before strolling off to the third basement. I ran off to catch up to the vile villain.

Lysandre may be terrible, but at least he had the courtesy to introduce me to the owner of Volvagia's next chew toys. Flare Scientist Xerosic, a rotund Eggman-like fellow, well Eggman if he'd been fused with Hades but you get the idea. During this fight, Volvagia evolved hitting level 50, fear my Salamence. Oh, and Haku became a Dragalge through battles and Vlad took a rare candy to evolve into Haxorus.

After our battle, Xerosic told me that he wouldn't activate the weapon so long as I pressed the right button. The buttons were blue and orange respectively. The choice was simple, I pushed the blue one because they're team flare. The red/orange one was definitely the wrong one, although Xersoic then started up the laser. Apparently having planned to do it regardless of what button I pressed.

Lysandre then fled to his base under Geosenge and I gave chase. I fought my way past a single grunt, got into the base and found that no one here wanted to battle me before their boss had his chance. I laughed to myself, these clowns were pathetic and the head clown was intent on giving me a show. A relatively quick battle with Lysandre later, still sorta underleveled but it was a single battle and I came out on top. Mienshao went down with one zen headbutt. Switched to Haku for Gyarados, poisoned it let it handle the rest. Had Carmilla handle the bird, and Daenerys put a poor lion in its place.

Next was to fight my way to the weapon's power source. With Serena by my side, this was the easiest thing ever. So many grunts and admin so under prepared. Shauna caught up later, apparently planning to offer moral support. Always nice to have, even if we don't necessarily need it. After one last series of battles against name-tag-less admins, I laid my eyes on the thing powering the weapon. A large fairy deer. I tried to knock it out, I don't want something that isn't a dragon. As it would turn out, the creature, Xerneas could understand me. It seemed to nod as if to say it was fine with going into the PC at the first opportunity as long as it saw Lysandre pay.

Unfortunately Xerneas chose to position itself at the front of the party for the fight. A quick switch and I was taking down Lysandre with my fully evolved dragons. Now that the clown king is defeated, it's time to move on the cops should get him eventually. Unfortunately Lysandre's machine kinda blew up... Leaving a hole in the center of Geosenge, which apparently also destroyed the base's entrance. So no, the cops won't get him but as a bonus he probably won't escape... I mean, I hope he survived but frankly given that crater... Well, you know.

The naive fool tried to make me immortal, but all things eventually come to an end. I flew back to Anistar and headed down route 18 toward Couriway. Nothing on route 18 was worth my time. I moved on, reaching Couriway where Sycamore had requested we'd battle again. Having learned from last time and having a full team of dragons, I was ready. Sycamore's team of starters was defeated by my team of dragons. I appreciated the chance to show my mentor how much I'd learned over the course of this journey. To think, without that starter he gave me I'd never have gotten anywhere near finding Vlad or Volvagia in the first place.

With that done, I moved forward to route nineteen. Got a new temporary team member, this one by choice. Folks meet Toothless, my Sliggoo, he'll be joining us until I get to route 21 and catch that Dragonair I want on my team so badly. After catching the precious snail of ooze that is Toothless, I had a trio of battles on the bridge to Snowbelle.

First was Shauna, her delcatty wasn't the easiest to deal with. Her Goodra was too easy, Vlad made quick work of it. And Chesnaught may have given me trouble if I didn't have my Haku. Tierno's battle was more surprising. Carmilla handled Talonflame with ease, Haku did his best to deal with a roserade that couldn't hit him. And then Crawdaunt, Volvagia fought Crawdaunt. After Tierno's battle, Trevor healed my team and then challenged me. Look, I'll keep this short... relatively, I don't wanna raichu too long of a synopsis but his team didn't stand a chance. On their own, each of them developed a decent team. And all together they almost gave me a run for my money. I'm proud to see they've gotten so strong, especially Shauna considering she'd been so easy to defeat the last time we battled.

Stopping in Snowbelle, the city's beautiful. Covered in ice and I just snow there's more of a challenge here. It's not gonna be an ice trip. I should stop these puns before I give someone the cold shoulder. No seriously, I should stop before someone rips my journal out of my hands solely because I keep making these lame jokes.

:haxorus:
Vlad Tepes
Level 50
Dragon Claw, Assurance,
Dragon Rage, and Dragon Pulse
Ability:Rivalry

:salamence:
Volvagia
Level 51
Dragon Breath, Crunch,
Flame Thrower, Zen Headbutt
Ability: Intimidate

:tyrantrum:
Carmilla
Level 46
Rock Tomb, Strength,
Crunch, Dragon Claw
Ability: Strong Jaw

:dragalge:
Haku
Level 53
Hydro Pump, Venoshock,
Sludge Bomb, Surf
Ability: Poison Point

:flygon:
Daenerys
Level 48
Earth Power, Dragon Breath
Bulldoze, Fly
Ability: Levitate

Temporary Member/Off and On Team Member:
:sliggoo:
Toothless
Level 48
Flail, Body Slam,
Muddy Water, Dragon Pulse
Ability: Sap Sipper

Holy cow the fights in this one were surprisingly easy! Either way, it's on toward the Ice Gym. I was tempted to throw more cold puns, but I feel like they would have been polarizing. I'm just saying the silence would be chilling. I should probably cool it. I'll also be adding to/ changing Draco's vocabulary a little from here on out. I'll be trying to curse less frequently on the forums in general, and I figure the best place to start is not cursing often in my challenge run.

Last edited:

icelandic

Adept Trainer
The police doing little or nothing about Team Whatever, I wonder if that's rooted in the nature of organised crime in Japan? The Yakuza operate somewhat more openly than for example the Italian Mafia, and the Japanese state tolerates it to an extent.

And I see you're just going for attacking moves. Setup not your style?

Greninjaman

Aquatic Ninja Assassin
Well, it seems you had a relative easy time with things this update. I would recommend not using Salamence or Flygon for this gym. Just saying. I don't think it would be ice if you did. We cool?

Calaf

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
League Champion
Time Zone
GMT+1
It's awesome that your dragons are all fully evolved, now the real fun can begin! Also, while Dragonite is super cool, I would probably go with Goodra to finish off the team. After all, it has a better defensive typing, better Special stats and access to Sludge Bomb as secondary coverage to Fairy. Just some free advice though ;)

Bunnie

litle creacher
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
awww kinda sad that you won't be keeping Toothless around, Goodra is one of my favourite dragons. i love his nickname and how you described him though, "precious snail of ooze" :3

oh, and i haven't noticed you swear a lot :o maybe it just doesn't bother me i guess

Last edited:

Godot

Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Connor
Time Zone
Central Time
Okay, real talk time.

First off: thanks all for the replies and likes. Very appreciated (also, if this continues I think I'll keep Toothless. I'm growing fond of the little guy). Second off: Due to not having (non-hotspot) internet for the past week and a half, I kinda put the game down for a while. I keep telling myself I'll get back to it, but because I'm using throttled data when I post I'm not sure it's worth it at the moment. Thirdly: Well college classes will be starting up in two weeks and they're relatively short classes (half a semester each, which means loaded with assignments unfortunately), so I might have to put this on a permanent hiatus. I don't want to, so I'd like to know what ya'll think I should do.

Godot

Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Connor
Time Zone
Central Time
It's been a long, hard fought challenge to get this far. And frankly, I thought this thread would have died before I got to victory road. Without further ado: I give you the penultimate update. No, I'm not doing post-game.

We're in the homestretch now. After taking a while to find the Gym Leader, who had taken a brief break in the middle of a forest, I'd finally be ready for the most chilling opponent I've faced yet. It took many battles, and just as many losses, and I swear that I must have forgotten some of it and had to retrace my steps. But in the end, with all the blood, sweat, and tears included I finally beat the gym trainers and made my way to the gymleader of Snowbelle. Ulfric jarl of Wind... No, wait, that's not right. Wulfric, leader of Snowbelle City's gym. Unfortunately, despite being told leading with her was a bad idea, Volvagia kept fainting. I kept using revives though, thank goodness I stocked up before hand. Just spamming flamethrower after flamethrower in a vain attempt to just melt these things! My team of dragons (mostly Volvagia, because I wouldn't stop trying to lead with her) had defeated this gym and allowed me to move forward.

The woods to the south were kinda bland, no dragons to speak of and more Jigglypuff than I could shake a stick at... Such a strange phrase, why would anyone want to shake a stick at any number of creatures? Beside the point, there was nothing worth while there. Pokemon Village wasn't much better. Largely lacking in dragons and what it did have were several items that were either useless, worthless, or useful and way more rare than anything else. Route 21 held some promise, decently strong trainers, and a dragon or two that I was interested in. Here I caught an Altaria, beautiful bird he was but I've decided to stick with Toothless for the time being. Named the Altaria Ragnar, a fine name for my fine feathered friend. I also caught a Dragonair and named it Opal, just because. Would have loved to have Opal on the team, but I wanted to give Toothless a shot.

After being validated and allowed to enter victory road, I decided to take a couple detours to find rain. Yes, rain of all things. My day wouldn't be perfect if it weren't raining somewhere! Eventually I found rain, twice in a row, allowing me to train up and evolve good ol' Toothless from a precious snail of ooze to a precious if slightly confused looking dragon. Then after a long series of battles, I faced Serena again. Defeated her team, with a little difficulty. Dang that Greninja's Icy Beam! Frustration with ice type attacks aside, I won and continued onward. Having doubled back before I could get this far in because I hadn't remembered to grab Rock Smash until recently. Eventually I found myself standing at the pokemon center with more money than I knew what to do with... So I promptly bought healing items, and maybe I'll buy some PP restoration items while I'm here. The elite four lies just ahead. I have dreamed of this moment, this is where I'm meant to be.

:haxorus:
Vlad Tepes
Level 52
Dragon Claw, Rock Smash,
Dragon Rage, and Dragon Pulse
Ability:Rivalry

:salamence:
Volvagia
Level 57
Dragon Breath, Crunch,
Flame Thrower, Zen Headbutt
Ability: Intimidate

:tyrantrum:
Carmilla
Level 50
Rock Tomb, Strength,
Crunch, Earthquake
Ability: Strong Jaw

:dragalge:
Haku
Level 55
Hydro Pump, Venoshock,
Waterfall, Surf
Ability: Poison Point

:flygon:
Daenerys
Level 48
Earth Power, Dragon Breath
Bulldoze, Fly
Ability: Levitate

:goodra:
Toothless
Level 58
Sludge Bomb, Power Whip,
Muddy Water, Dragon Pulse
Ability: Sap Sipper

Yeah, about that cheeky little quote about having to retrace my steps... I kinda forgot to save before facing the gym the first time, boy was I pissed at myself when I found that out. Ragnar is named for a character briefly mentioned in song in Skyrim. Yes, when I say penultimate I do mean I'm going to have every single elite four battle take up an entire post.

Last edited: