Nuzlocke Going for Gold: Golden's Gold Glory!

GoldenYamper

Dog Lover
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Golden
Time Zone
UTC+00:00
Hey everyone, Golden here!

Pokémon Gold is one of my favourite main series games, even though I only played it for the first time long after I had finished Pearl. To shake things up a bit, I thought it was high time I attempted a Nuzlocke challenge in Johto. If you're a stickler for rules, the ones I'll be following are in the spoiler below!

1. Fainted Pokémon have 'died' and must be released.
  2. Only the first Pokémon encountered in each area can be caught.
    1. Bodies of water are included in the definition of area, and are not treated as separate from grass etc.
    2. Trade and gift Pokémon are considered an encounter.
    3. Each area of the Safari Zone is a different area.
    4. Dupes Clause: if the first encounter is a Pokémon that has already been caught or an evolution of a Pokémon that has already been caught, that encounter doesn't count.
    5. Wild Pokémon encounters do not count until Pokéballs are purchasable.
  3. Caught Pokémon must be nicknamed.
  4. Catching an HM slave is only allowed if none of the already caught Pokémon can learn a required HM.
  5. Starter Pokémon must be randomised using a random number generator.
  6. Level Limit: a Pokémon's level must not exceed the highest level of the next Gym Leader's/Champion's Pokémon with the highest level.

With that out of the way, let us commence our journey into Johto!

Zephyr Badge (Max Lv. 9)
Part 1: New Barkginnings

Waking up on what I thought was just a normal day, I got downstairs to be told by my mother that Prof. Elm was looking for me - after she'd asked me what day of the week it is and if we're in daylight savings, which were somewhat concerning questions. Her memory's not what it used to be. I grabbed my PokéGear and headed out for the lab, where Prof. Elm had a mission for me! I was to run an errand for him, and was lent a Pokémon to do so. He gave me a Totodile, and sent me on my way!

:totodile:
Totodile (Irwin)
Lv. 5
Item: Berry
Moves:
  • Scratch
  • Leer

Typhlosion

Flaming Torch
Rainbow Rocket Executive
Cult Classic
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
US Central (GMT -6:00)
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
Good luck with your challenge, Golden! I love the Johto games too, and when I played Silver I decided to use Totodile, so I hope that part goes well for you. It'll be especially interesting to see how you deal with the Zephyr Badge level cap, since it's so ridiculously low.