Monotype Going Green! | Zed's Pokemon White Grass Monotype Challenge! (Update 10: Finale)

Zed

Regular Trainer
Time Zone
CET
Welcome to my first ever Monotype Challenge run that I'll be doing on my copy of Pokemon White. I hope you'll enjoy following my progress with this over the next few weeks or however long it takes me to complete this challenge (I hope it won't take longer than a few weeks tho). Also all feedback is welcome since this is my first time doing something like this.

PicsArt_03-25-03.01.56.jpg

After my disappointment with the whole Gen 8 situation, the Pokemon community and pretty much the entire Pokemon franchise, I decided to step away from Pokemon for some time and sadly that included this forum (I did however pop in from time to time to see what’s going on here, especially recently). But recently I found out that my favorite generation is celebrating its 10th anniversary this year and that reminded me of all of the things that I love about this franchise so I decided to come back to Pokemon and that also includes this forum and this great community. I wanted to come back by doing something I planned to do on here before stepping away from Pokemon and that something was a challenge run. First I wanted to do a Nuzlocke challenge but I ultimately decided against it and instead I’ll be doing my first ever Monotype challenge. A Monotype challenge was something I wanted to do for a long time but somehow I never got around to it until now. I wanted to do this challenge on my Pokemon White version because Gen 5 is my favorite generation. The type I picked is Grass since it’s my favorite starter type and I also thought it would be a good challenge since Grass types are usually considered as very weak and Unova has Fire (with Snivy as a starter), Bug, Flying and an Ice type Gym. I hope you guys will like this challenge run and I’m looking forward to all of your feedback since I never did/wrote something like this before.

- I can only use Grass type Pokemon in this playthrough. (dual types are allowed)
- I can’t use two Pokemon from the same evolutionary line because that would be boring.
- Since this is not a Nuzlocke there will be no permanent deaths but I will be keeping track of how many times each Pokemon fainted as well as how many times I black out.
- No using Items in battle. Held items are allowed.
- Battle style will be on SET to make this even more challenging.
- I won’t be using any legendary Pokemon (Virizion) since that would be to easy.
- If none of my Pokemon can learn the HM that is needed for me to continue the game then I can catch an HM slave but I can’t use that Pokemon in battle.
- Not really a rule but I’ll have a naming theme during this challenge and the theme will be vegetables.

01.jpg

As expected I am welcomed to the world of Pokemon by Professor Juniper and she also introduces me to Cheren and Bianca before I can actually start the game. The first thing that I have to do is pick one of the starters that Professor Juniper sent to my room. Since this is a Grass Monotype challenge the only starter that I can pick is Snivy :snivy:.

02.jpg

After picking Snivy :snivy:, I immediately have my first two battles against my friends/rivals. I win against Bianca and her Oshawott :oshawott: easily and destroy my room in the process but thankfully I’m going on a journey so I won’t have to sleep in this mess. The battle against Cheren doesn’t go my way because his Tepig :tepig: gets a lucky critical hit just before I was able to knock it out and Cheren beats me. This is not a good sign since the future battles will only get harder because he will have fire type moves in his arsenal.

Then I have to sit through all of the beginning tutorials and dialogue until I finally obtain the Pokedex and also some Pokeballs soon after. During this tutorial part I also get a chance to nickname my Snivy :snivy: and I name him Spinach.

03.jpg

I then lose a catching competition against Cheren and Bianca because there were no Grass types on Route 1. I do however use this opportunity to train up Spinach :snivy: to level 7 and make up for the lost experience from that loss against Cheren.

In Accumula Town I get one last tutorial from Professor Juniper and then I am finally free to start my journey of becoming the best Grass type trainer in Unova. I go outside and see Team Plasma for the first time. Ghetsis introduces himself and talks about Pokemon liberation before leaving with the rest of Team Plasma. Then I meet N and have a battle against him and his Purrloin :purrloin:. It wasn’t a hard battle since Spinach :snivy: is actually very bulky for a Grass type and Purrloin’s :purrloin: Scratch can’t do much damage even though both Pokemon are at the same level. I use Leer first and then a couple of Vine Whips to take care of N’s Purrloin :purrloin:.

I talk to everyone in Accumula and get a free Pokeball from some random guy in one of the buildings before heading out of town and obtaining the Running Shoes from my mom. I save here because I think it is a good place to stop since the tutorials are over and from now on I’ll be doing an update for each Gym Badge.

:snivy: Spinach Lv. 8
Ability: Overgrow
Nature: Docile
Moves: Vine Whip, Tackle and Leer

Blackouts: 1

Faint counter:
:snivy: Spinach: 1

Thanks a lot Cheren! :madazurill:

Thanks for checking out my challenge!​

Last edited:

Zed

Regular Trainer
Time Zone
CET
Zed's Pokemon White Grass Monotype Challenge Update 1

Last time I did everything I could in Accumula Town and I even obtained the Running Shoes on Route 2. With my new shoes I continued going through Route 2 and fighting every Trainer I could find. By the time I reached the end of the route Spinach :snivy: was already at level 10.

Before I could enter Striaton City I was stopped by Bianca and we had another battle. The battle was easy and I won by spamming Vine Whip, she did use a Potion on Oshawott :oshawott: and prolonged the battle by one extra turn so I won in five turns instead of four. After that battle I finally arrive in Striaton City.

My first stop is Pokemon Center where I heal Spinach :snivy:. I then explore almost the entire city and obtain 2 Great and one Dusk Ball in the process. Before going to the Trainers’ School I decide to visit the Dreamyard first. I battle a couple of trainers there and obtain the gift Panpour :panpour: that I will probably use as the Surf HM slave in the future but for now I just place it in the PC box.

Then I go back to Striaton and visit the Trainers’ School. I run into Cheren and he wants to battle me again. Spinach :snivy: is at level 12 and I feel confident that I’ll get my revenge for that lucky win he got over me last time. Cheren starts with his Tepig :tepig: probably hoping to win quickly with Ember. I have Spinach :snivy: use Wrap for some consistent chip damage and Tepig :tepig: uses Ember but it doesn’t do that much damage. On the next turn we both go for defense lowering moves, Leer and Tail Whip respectively. Spinach :snivy: then uses Tackle and brings Tepig :tepig: down in yellow HP but its Oran berry activates and brings it back in green health as it uses Ember that still doesn’t do too much to my starter. On the next turn my Tackle crits and Tepig :tepig: goes down. Spinach reaches level 13 after that and also learns Growth. Cheren then sends out Purrloin :purrloin: but a couple of Vine Whips do the trick and I win against Cheren for the first time in this challenge. He gives me some Oran berries that will hopefully help me beat the first Gym.

I enter the Striaton Gym and beat both of the Gym Trainers without much trouble and Spinach :snivy: reaches level 14. Spinach :snivy: is now the same level as Gym Leader’s ace so I decide to try and win the badge even though we have the type disadvantage.

01.png

My opponent in this battle is the Fire type user Chili because I started my journey with a Snivy :snivy:.

02.png

My plan was to use Growth as much as possible against Lillipup :lillipup: and then try and OHKO the Pansear :pansear: with my boosted Tackle. The battle starts and I use Growth 4 times until Lillipup :lillipup: activates my Oran Berry. I then use Tackle but even at +4 Attack Lillipup :lillipup: survives with a sliver of HP left and uses a +2 Bite (because of Work Up) that gets Spinach :snivy: down to only 12 HP. I finish Lillipup :lillipup: of with another Tackle but I know this is over because I can’t use Potions in battle in this challenge. The Pansear :pansear: comes out, outspeeds Spinach :snivy: and uses Incinerate to end the battle quickly. I’ll have to come back and challenge Chili again when I’m stronger.

I go back to Route 2 and train against wild Pokemon until Spinach :snivy: reaches level 16 and learns Leaf Tornado. I contemplated getting one more level and evolving Spinach :snivy: into Servine but I wanted to try and win this with a Snivy so I didn’t do it. I go back to Striaton to heal Spinach :snivy: and give him an Oran Berry before challenging Chili again.

03.png

Like last time I manage to use Growth 4 times against Lillipup :lillipup: but this time around Lillipup :lillipup: does a lot less damage than before so Spinach :snivy: still has over half of his HP left. I then use Leaf Tornado and OHKO the Lillipup :lillipup:. Pansear :pansear: comes out but Spinach :snivy: is faster now and I have him use Tackle that does a lot of damage and leaves Chili’s Pansear :pansear: with around ¼ of its HP left. Chili makes a mistake and has Pansear :pansear: use Work Up instead of attacking so I finish the battle on the next turn with another Tackle. This battle went a lot better than I expected and Spinach :snivy: didn't even have to use the Oran Berry that I gave him to hold before the battle.

04.png

I get my first Gym Badge as well as a Work Up TM before leaving the Striaton Gym.

05.png

I then meet Fennel and after teaching the HM Cut to Spinach :snivy:, I help her get some Dream Mist from Munna :munna: and during this sidequest I also save that Munna :munna: from two Team Plasma Grunts. Thanks to these two battles against Team Plasma Spinach :snivy: reaches level 17 and evolves into a Servine :servine:. I get C-Gear from Fennel as a reward and that’s where I stop for today.

06.png

Next time I’ll be making my way to Nacrene City and hopefully win my second Gym badge.

:servine: Spinach Lv.17
Moves: Leaf Tornado, Cut, Vine Whip and Growth

Blackouts: 2

Faint counter:
:servine: Spinach: 2

That's all for today, see you when I beat Lenora and the next update is ready! :mrgreenazurill:

Typhlosion

Heart and Soul
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
US Central (GMT -6:00)
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
Doing well so far! I like Grass-type Pokemon a lot too, especially the Snivy line, so I'll enjoy keeping up with this!

Shame about the crit loss against Cheren, but at least you got him back next time! I admire that you were willing (and able!) to beat the Striaton Gym with an unevolved Pokemon.

Reactions: Zed

Zed

Regular Trainer
Time Zone
CET
Zed's Pokemon White Grass Monotype Challenge Update 2

@Typhlosion I'm glad that you'll be following this little challenge of mine. And thanks for appreciating me beating the first Gym with an unevolved Pokemon since I'm also super happy that I was able to do it with just a Snivy.

After obtaining my first Gym Badge from Chili, I continue my journey and make my way through Route 3 towards the Nacrene City. I don’t get far before Cheren stops me and challenges me to another battle. I’m not too worried because I have a Servine :servine: now and Cheren still hasn’t evolved his Tepig :tepig:.

The battle starts and he leads with his starter :tepig: like last time. I send out Spinach :servine: and use Growth as Tepig :tepig: uses Tail Whip. Spinach :servine: then uses Cut while Tepig :tepig: uses Odor Sleuth for whatever reason. I get lucky next turn as Spinach :servine: scores a crit Leaf Tornado and KOs the Tepig :tepig:. Cheren then sends out his Purrloin :purrloin: but a +1 Leaf Tornado from Spinach :servine: is a OHKO so the battle ends quickly.

After the battle we find out from Bianca that Team Plasma stole some little girl’s Pokemon so we go after them to get back the stolen Pokemon. Cheren and I battle Team Plasma two times, once in a single and once in a double battle, and we win easily both times so they return the stolen Pokemon. I continue my journey through Route 3 after that little rescue mission and I battle every Trainer that I can find on this route before I finally reach the Nacrene City.

I explored everything I can in Nacrene City, obtained some new items (one of which was a Miracle Seed) and I even went to the Pinwheel Forest’s outside area and got some more items from there as well. By the time I return to the city Spinach :servine: is already at level 21 so I decide to take on the Gym. I try to enter the museum where the Gym is located but I’m stopped by N. He challenges me to a battle and I accept.

This battle was supper easy because N’s Pokemon were at a very low level. I had Spinach :servine: use Growth on the first turn as N’s Pidove :pidove: barely does a 12HP of damage with Gust. Spinach :servine: then gets a crit Leaf Tornado that OHKOs N’s Pidove :pidove: and after that I proceed to sweep the rest of his team (Tympole :tympole: and Timburr :timburr:) with a +1 Leaf Tornado.

I finally enter the Nacrene Museum where I meet Lenora’s husband and easily defeat all of the Gym Trainers before going down the hidden flight of stairs to challenge Lenora for my second Gym Badge. Spinach :servine: also leveled up to level 22 after battling all of the Gym trainers.

01.png

Before the battle I give Spinach :servine: the Miracle Seed to hold because I want my Leaf Tornado to be as powerful as possible.

I have to admit that I was incredibly lucky in my battle against Lenora because I managed to beat her without taking any damage. She started with Herdier :herdier: and used Leer as I had Spinach :servine: use Growth. I then went for another Growth as Herdier’s :herdier: Take Down missed Spinach :servine:. I decide to be greedy after this miss happened and use another Growth in hopes of defeating her Watchog :watchog: with one Leaf Tornado so I don’t have to deal with the scary Retaliate attack. Instead of trying to hit me with Take Down again, Lenora decides to use another Leer. I know that Spinach :servine: is bulky and that he can take one Take Down from Herdier :herdier: even at -2 defense so I go for another Growth just to make sure I can OHKO the Watchdog :watchog: later but instead of attacking me Lenora decides to use Leer again. Spinach :servine: then proceeds to use Leaf Tornado twice and OHKO both Herdier :herdier: and Watchog :watchog:. Spinach :servine: also leveled up to level 23 after defeating Herdier :herdier:. And just like that I managed to beat Lenora without taking a single hit point of damage and win my second Gym Badge.

02.png

Lenora also gave me the TM for Retaliate.

After the battle Lenora’s husband informs us that Team Plasma is trying to steal something from the Museum but I’ll deal with that next time so I just save the game before turning it of for now.

:servine: Spinach Lv.23
Moves: Leaf Tornado, Cut, Leech Seed and Growth

Faint counter:

Next time I'll finally be able to catch a few new Pokemon and Spinach :servine: won't have to do everything alone anymore. See you next time. :mrgreenazurill:

Zed

Regular Trainer
Time Zone
CET
Zed's Pokemon White Grass Monotype Challenge Update 3

After winning my second Gym Badge from Lenora I witnessed Team Plasma stealing the Dragon Skull from Nacrene Museum. As expected I am the one that has to go after them and retrieve the Skull. I also meet Burgh for the first time as he’ll be the one that shows me the way through the Pinwheel Forest.

After entering the Pinwheel Forest I only defeat the first two Team Plasma Grunts before deciding that catching a few new Pokemon for my team was more important than some old Dragon Skull. I put the pursuit of Team Plasma on hold and start looking for the Grass type Pokemon that live in this forest.

The first one I find is a female Sewaddle :sewaddle:. I catch her and name her Cabbage. I decide to go and heal Spinach :servine: after that but I forget about the twins that I saw earlier and they challenge me to a double battle. They have two level 16 Sewaddle :sewaddle: that both target my newly caught Cabbage :sewaddle: and manage to KO her before Spinach :servine: was able to finish them off so Cabbage :sewaddle: has already fainted once less than a minute after being caught.

1.png

The next Pokemon I catch is a Petilil :petilil: and I name her Lettuce.

2.png

The last one and the hardest one to find was a Pansage :pansage: but I eventually find one and catch it. It is a male Pansage :pansage: and I name him Broccoli. While searching for a Pansage :pansage: I fought so many Audino :audino: that by the time I caught Broccoli :pansage: both Lettuce :petilil: and Cabbage :sewaddle: were trained up to level 19.

3.png

With four Pokemon by my side I feel a lot more confident than before so I continue my pursuit of Team Plasma. I beat every Trainer and Team Plasma Grunt that stands in my way and retrieve the Dragon Skull without any issues. I get a Moon Stone as the reward from Lenora.

I continue my journey through Pinwheel forest, evolve Cabbage :sewaddle: into a Swadloon :swadloon: and have a hard battle against a Trainer with two Woobat :woobat: in which Broccoli :pansage: faints. I go back to heal and reach Castelia City shortly after. I explore most of the city, have Cabbage :swadloon: get a massage and finally go to the Gym. In front of the Gym I am stopped by the Gym Leader Burgh and he informs me that Team Plasma is in the city so we’ll have to deal with them again. We then learn from Iris that Bianca’s Munna :munna: was stolen by Team Plasma and we chase after them until we find their lair right across the street from the Gym.

Burgh and I easily defeat a few Team Plasma Grunts and after a short exchange of words with Ghetsis we manage to get Bianca’s Munna :munna: back so I can finally challenge the Gym. I wanted to take on the Battle Company first to get some extra levels but after seeing that my entire party is at least level 21 I decide that taking on the Battle Company won’t be necessary after all.

I enter the Gym and beat every Gym Trainer without any of my Pokemon fainting. Since Cabbage :swadloon: got another massage before entering the Gym she evolved into a Leavanny :leavanny: after she reached level 22 and now I felt even more confident that I’ll be able to beat Burgh.

This is my team before challenging Burgh. Spinach :servine: is holding an Eviolite, Lettuce :petilil: is holding a Quick Claw and Broccoli :pansage: and Cabbage :leavanny: are holding Oran berries.

4.png

Burgh starts the battle with a Pokemon I fear the most on his team, the Bug and Poison type Whirlipede :whirlipede:. I have Lettuce :petilil: use Sleep Powder as Whirlipede’s :whirlipede: Screech misses. I then use Leech Seed on the sleeping Whirlipede :whirlipede: for some consistent damage/healing and then I switch into Broccoli :pansage:. Broccoli :pansage: uses Work Up as Whirlipede :whirlipede: wakes up and hits a strong Poison Tail that activates Broccoli’s :pansage: Oran Berry allowing him to survive another attack. I have him use Bite but it doesn’t do too much damage and another Poison Tail leaves Broccoli :pansage: with only 13HP left after Leech Seed recovery. We go for another Bite and bring Whirlipede :whirlipede: down to red health before another Poison Tail knocks Broccoli :pansage: out. I send out Lettuce :petilil: again to put Whirlipede :whirlipede: to sleep one more time but Burgh uses a Hyper Potion as Sleep Powder misses so we are back at the start with one less Pokemon that’s able to fight.

Whirlipede :whirlipede: goes for another Poison Tail and does over half HP of damage as Lettuce :petilil: hits with Sleep Powder this time around. I use Growth and Magical Leaf but it barely does any damage to the sleeping Whirlipede :whirlipede: but thankfully Leech Seed is not only damaging Whirlipede :whirlipede: but it also heals Lettuce :petilil: back to almost full HP while Whirlipede :whirlipede: is asleep. Whirlipede :whirlipede: wakes up and misses a Screech. Burgh then uses another Hyper Potion and we are back where we started for the third time but Lettuce :petilil: thankfully hits another Sleep Powder. I then switch to Spinach :servine: and use Growth. Whirlipede :whirlipede: stays asleep as two Cut attacks and the damage from Leech Seed finally knock out this annoying Pokemon.

Dwebble :dwebble: is next and two Leaf Tornados take it out but not before it lands a Sand Attack that lowers Spinach’s :servine: accuracy. Burgh then sends out his ace Leavanny :leavanny:. Spinach :servine: misses Cut as Leavanny :leavanny: uses String Shot. Not wanting to deal with low accuracy I switch into Lettuce :petilil: again and I luckily do it on the turn when Leavanny :leavanny: decides to use Protect. Leavanny :leavanny: then uses Struggle Bug and Lettuce :petilil: misses another Sleep Powder. Lettuce :petilil: survives another Struggle Bug with only 5 HP left and hits Sleep Powder. I then switch to Cabbage :leavanny: and use Bug Bite that does a little over half HP of damage. Burgh's Leavanny :leavanny: wakes up and uses Protect but Cabbage :leavanny: is faster despite being lower level so she finishes the battle on the next turn with another Bug Bite. Lettuce :petilil: levels up after Leavanny :leavanny: goes down and she really deserved it because her Sleep Powder saved us in this battle.

5.png

I win my third Gym Badge and get TM for Struggle Bug as a reward.

6.png

This is how my team looked after that battle and it was the most intense battle I had so far in this challenge. Whirlipede :whirlipede: was really hard to take down but we managed to do it in the end.

:servine: Spinach Lv. 25

:leavanny: Cabbage Lv. 22
Ability: Chlorophyll
Nature: Careful
Moves: Bug Bite, Razor Leaf, Tackle and Protect

:petilil: Lettuce Lv. 22
Ability: Own Tempo
Nature: Timid
Moves: Magical Leaf, Sleep Powder, Leech Seed and Growth

:pansage: Broccoli Lv. 21
Ability: Gluttony
Nature: Naughty
Moves: Vine Whip, Bite, Leech Seed and Work Up

Faint counter:
:leavanny: Cabbage: 1
:petilil: Lettuce: 0
:pansage: Broccoli: 2

Next time I’ll be taking on Elesa and her two Emolga so I expect another very hard battle.
:mrgreenazurill:

Last edited:

Typhlosion

Heart and Soul
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
Good job getting past a big hurdle. I used a Sewaddle during my first playthrough of Black 2. Its movepool was rather shallow but getting Bug Bite and Razor Leaf early was nice, and they were all it needed for a while. Having a Leavanny this soon is helpful as well so I hope Cabbage can really shine!

Calaf

Advanced Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
GMT+1
It seems like the team is shaping up nicely, defeating Burgh on the first try! Personally, I'm hoping to see Maractus :maractus: added to it, I feel like the dancing cactus never gets any love. I'm looking forward to seeing how this challenge continues, keep it up!

juiccbox

local buffoon
AKA
Juice/Juice man
Good work! Burgh would be a bit of a challenge for a monotype grass run, now let’s just hope skyla and brycen will go smoothly!

Zed

Regular Trainer
Time Zone
CET
Zed's Pokemon White Grass Monotype Challenge Update 4

@Typhlosion I agree, having a fully evolved Pokemon this early is amazing. Like you I also used a Leavanny before, it was on my first Black team back in the day but haven't used it since so I'm really enjoying using this Pokemon line again after so many years. Bug Bite and Razor Leaf are good for now but if I remember correctly it should learn both Leaf Blade and X-scissor later down the line so hopefully Cabbage will be useful all the way to the end and not just now. :)

@Calaf Thanks, I also didn't expect to beat Burgh on the first try especially after he kept healing Whirlipede all the time. And if you wanted to see a Maractus then you'll be happy to read this update.

@juiccbox Thanks, Burgh was a challenge indeed and I expect Skyla and Brycen to be even more challenging but hopefully I'll beat them just like I beat Burgh.

The first thing I had to do after winning the Insect Badge was battle my two friends/rivals. The first one to challenge me was Bianca in the gate of Castelia City.

She started the battle with her Herdier :herdier: using Odor Sleuth while I started with Broccoli :pansage: and Leech Seed. I then use Work Up to boost Broccoli’s :pansage: attack but Herdier’s :herdier: Take Down turns out to be a critical hit that sadly takes out Broccoli :pansage: in one hit. I send out Lettuce :petilil: and use Sleep Powder while Herdier :herdier: uses Odor Sleuth again. While Herdier :herdier: is sleeping I have Lettuce :petilil: use Growth twice. Lettuce :petilil: then uses Magical Leaf and defeats Herdier :herdier:. Munna :munna: is next and +2 Magical Leaf isn’t enough to KO it so Munna :munna: manages to use Yawn. A Super Potion saves Munna :munna: on the next turn as Lettuce :petilil: falls asleep. After a few uneventful turns Lettuce :petilil: wakes up and beats Munna :munna: with a couple of Magical Leaf attacks. Bianca then sends out Pansear :pansear: and it uses Yawn on Lettuce :petilil: before being put to sleep itself by Sleep Powder. I switch into Cabbage :leavanny: and then use Tackle while Pansear :pansear: uses Incinerate after waking up on the first possible turn. Incinerate doesn’t do too much despite Cabbage’s :leavanny: 4x weakness so another Tackle KOs Pansear :pansear:. Bianca’s last Pokemon is Dewott :dewott: but Cabbage :leavanny: is faster and gets OHKO with Razor Leaf. I win the battle and Cabbage :leavanny: levels up.

After going back and healing my Pokemon I finally start going through Route 4 towards Nimbasa City but I don’t get very far because Cheren shows up and challenges me to a battle.

Cheren starts with Pidove :pidove: but my Lettuce :petilil: puts it to sleep before it gets a chance to do anything. I switch to Broccoli :pansage: as Pidove :pidove: wakes up immediately and uses Air Cutter that ends up being a critical hit so it leaves Broccoli :pansage: with only 6 HP left. Pidove :pidove: then uses Quick Attack and KOs Broccoli :pansage:. I feel sorry for Broccoli :pansage: as it was very unlucky in the last few battles, the poor thing can’t catch a break. I send out Spinach :servine: and use Growth as Pidove :pidove: gets another crit with Air Cutter but it doesn’t do too much to Spinach :servine: thanks to Eviolite. I have Spinach :servine: use Cut and Pidove :pidove: uses another Air Cutter. One more Cut takes out Pidove :pidove: and Cheren sends out his Pignite :pignite:. Spinach :servine: uses Cut and gets a critical hit that does a lot to Pignite :pignite: but its Sitrus Berry heals it back to over a third of its HP left. Flame Charge then KOs Spinach :servine: and I send out Lettuce :petilil:. For some reason Pignite :pignite: uses Defense Curl so Lettuce :petilil: puts it to sleep with Sleep Powder. Two Magical Leaf attacks take out Pignite :pignite: before it has a chance to wake up and Lettuce :petilil: levels up as a result. Pansage :pansage: is next and it almost KOs Lettuce :petilil: without taking any damage because of its Bite flinching and my Sleep Powder missing. I don’t want Lettuce :petilil: to go down so I switch into Cabbage :leavanny: and KO Pansage :pansage: with one Bug Bite. Liepard :liepard: is Cheren’s last Pokemon but it also goes down to one Bug Bite from Cabbage :leavanny: and I win the battle.

I then continue my way through Route 4, battle every Trainer on the route until I reach the Desert Resort. In the Desert Resort I can finally catch another Grass Type Pokemon so I start looking for it. It doesn’t take too long and I run into a male Maractus :maractus:. I catch him and name him Kale.

01.png

After catching Kale :maractus: I continue exploring the Desert Resort, finding a lot of different Items and battling surprisingly tough Trainers. I win all of those battles but two of my Pokemon faint in the process, Spinach :servine: against a Trainer with a Darumaka :darumaka: and Kale :maractus: against a Trainer with a Sigilyph :sigilyph:. I also explore the accessible parts of Relic Castle and then finally go back to Route 4 and reach Nimbasa City.

In Nimbasa City I save the Day Care man from Team Plasma and I even battle N again after finding out that he is a king of Team Plasma.

N starts the battle with a Sandile :sandile: and I start with Spinach :servine:. We both use non-attacking moves on the first turn, Growth and Embargo. Then Spinach :servine: uses Leaf Tornado and it is a OHKO on Sandile :sandile:. Darumaka :darumaka: is next so I use Cut but Draumaka’s :darumaka: Fire Punch crits and burns Spinach :servine: so I have to switch out into Kale :maractus:. Facade and Fire Punch take out Kale :maractus: quickly so I send out Broccoli :pansage:. Luckily Broccoli :pansage: is faster and one Dig KOs N’s Darumaka :darumaka:. N then sends out Sigilyph :sigilyph: and two Air Cutters take out Broccoli :pansage: as he only had a chance to do a little bit of damage with Bite. I send out Lettuce :petilil: and after surviving Air Cutter with 15 HP left she puts Sigilyph :sigilyph: to sleep with Sleep Powder. I then switch into Cabbage :leavanny: and two Bug Bites take out Sigilyph :sigilyph: before it was able to wake up. Scraggy :scraggy: is N’s last Pokemon but it also goes down to two Bug Bite attacks from Cabbage :leavanny: and I win the battle.

I wasn’t very confident that I can beat Elesa without training my team a bit more so I go back to Castelia City and take on the Battle Company. I then return to Nimbasa and take on the Gym Trainers. I beat all of them without much issues but I notice that Broccoli :pansage: still doesn’t do a lot of damage to Emolga with Rock Tomb (and that was my only strategy against Emolga) so I decide to evolve him into a Simisage :simisage:. I also evolve Lettuce :petilil: into a Lilligant :lilligant: before facing Elesa. I feel a lot better about my chances to win now so I challenge Elesa.

02.png

This is my team before the battle. The Items are Big Root on Lettuce :lilligant:, Miracle Seed on Cabbage :leavanny: and Kale :maractus:, Scope Lens on Broccoli :simisage: and Eviolite on Spinach :servine:.

Elesa starts with Emolga :emolga: and I start with Lettuce :lilligant:. Emolga :emolga: uses Arial Ace that does decent damage as Lettuce :lilligant: uses Sleep Powder. It takes me two turn to hit Leech Seed on a sleeping Emolga :emolga: and then I use Sleep Powder again expecting it to wake up. Emolga :emolga: doesn’t wake up so I use Sleep Powder again and this time it works because Emolga :emolga: wakes up, uses Aerial Ace bringing Lettuce :lilligant: under half HP and then is put right back to sleep. I switch into Broccoli :simisage: and defeat Emolga :emolga: with one Rock Tomb. Elesa sends out her second Emolga :emolga: so I use Rock Tomb again as Emolga :emolga: survives in red HP and uses Aerial Ace doing a decent damage to Broccoli :simisage:. Seed Bomb KOs Emolga on the next turn. Zebstrika :zebstrika: is Elesa’s last Pokemon and it uses Flame Charge bringing Broccoli :simisage: down to 13 HP before he uses Dig. Dig does massive damage leaving Zebstrika :zebstrika: in red HP but Elesa uses a Hyper Potion as I have Broccoli :simisage: use Rock Tomb. Zebstrika’s :zebstrika: Quick Attack KOs Broccoli :simisage: on the next turn. I send out Kale :maractus: and use Giga Drain that does a lot more damage than I expected as Zebstrika :zebstrika: uses Spark for some reason. Elesa uses another Hyper Potion and Kale :maractus: keeps using Giga Drain because Zebstrika :zebstrika: can’t take two of those attacks. Zebstrika :zebstrika: then uses Flame Charge but it barely does half HP of damage to Kale :maractus: so another Giga Drain finishes the battle. I win my fourth Gym battle and get Bolt Badge and TM for Volt Switch as rewards.

03.png

This is how my team looked after the battle. Honestly this battle went a lot better than I expected.

:servine: Spinach Lv. 28

:leavanny: Cabbage Lv. 26
Moves: Bug Bite, Razor Leaf, Return and Protect

:lilligant: Lettuce Lv. 26
Moves: Giga Drain, Sleep Powder, Leech Seed and Growth

:simisage: Broccoli Lv. 28
Moves: Seed Bomb, Bite, Dig and Rock Tomb

:maractus: Kale Lv. 26
Ability:Chlorophyll
Nature: Sassy
Moves: Needle Arm, Giga Drain, Cotton Spore and Synthesis

Faint counter:
:servine: Spinach:4
:leavanny: Cabbage: 1
:lilligant: Lettuce: 0
:simisage: Broccoli:6
:maractus: Kale: 2

Next Gym should be the easiest judging by the type but we'll see if Clay has some surprises for us in the next update. :mrgreenazurill:

Zed

Regular Trainer
Time Zone
CET
Zed's Pokemon White Grass Monotype Challenge Update 5

After beating Elesa I continue my journey towards the next Gym but Cheren shows up as soon as I set foot on Route 5 and he challenges me to another battle.

The battle starts off with Cheren’s Liepard :liepard: using a Fake Out on my Lettuce :lilligant:. On the next turn Lettuce :lilligant: misses her Sleep Powder as Liepard :liepard: uses Torment. Lettuce :lilligant: then uses Giga Drain and Liepard :liepard: uses Pursuit but as expected Giga Drain does a lot more damage. I can’t use Giga Drain again because of Torment so I have Lettuce :lilligant: use Growth as Liepard :liepard: uses Pursuit again. On the next turn Lettuce :lilligant: defeats Liepard :liepard: with a Giga Drain. Cheren then sends out Tranquill :tranquill: and uses Detect to block Lettuce’s :lilligant: Sleep Powder. Tranquill :tranquill: then fails to use Detect second time in a row but Cheren gets lucky because my Leech Seed misses. I finally hit Sleep Powder on the next turn. I switch into Broccoli :simisage: and use Rock Tomb as Tranquill :tranquill: wakes up on the first turn and uses Air Cutter. The Air Cutter leaves Broccoli :simisage: with a little less than a half of his HP remaining so he KOs Tranquill :tranquill: with another Rock Tomb. Cheren then sends out his Pignite :pignite: but Broccoli :simisage: is faster and one Dig is enough to defeat Cheren’s Fire type starter. Cheren’s last Pokemon is Pansage :pansage: so I switch into Cabbage :leavanny: and take the incoming Seed Bomb without a problem. Cabbage :leavanny: then OHKOs the Pansage :pansage: with Bug Bite and I win another battle against Cheren.

We then continue going through Route 5 together and we meet Alder, the champion of the Unova region. He gives us a little speech about what it means to be a Pokemon Trainer and then I’m free to continue my journey again.

I battle every Trainer on Route 5 and the only one that gave me issues was a guy with two Darumaka :darumaka:. His first Darumaka :darumaka: defeats Spinach :servine: after its second Fire Punch gets a burn and the burn damage takes out my starter. His second Darumaka :darumaka: survives a Return from Cabbage :leavanny: with 1 or 2 HP left and counters with Fire Punch that OHKOs Cabbage :leavanny:.

It doesn’t take to long for me to reach Driftveil City. I meet Clay as soon as I enter the city and he tells me that Team Plasma is in Driftveil so he won’t battle me until I help him find Team Plasma. Before I start exploring the city and looking for Team Plasma I decide to go to Route 6 and catch my next team member.

01.png

I doesn’t take me long before I find and catch a Deerling :deerlingwinter:. I name him Celery.

I then explore the city and finally make my way towards the Cold Storage. I battle all the Trainers there and level up my newly caught Deerling. I also run into Cheren again and we find and defeat Team Plasma together so now I can finally challenge the Driftveil Gym.

I easily beat all of the Gym Trainers and quickly reach Gym Leader Clay.

02.png

This is my team before challenging him.

I lead with Kale :maractus: against Clay’s Krokorok :krokorok:. Krokorok :krokorok: uses Crunch but Kale :maractus: counters with Giga Drain and easily defeats Krokorok :krokorok: while simultaneously healing itself back to almost full health. Clay’s next Pokemon is Excadrill :excadrill: and it uses Hone Claws as Kale’s :maractus: Giga Drain does less than half HP of damage to Clay's ace. On the next turn Excadrill :excadrill: gets a critical hit with Rock Slide and defeats Kale :maractus:. I then send out Spinach :servine: and Excadrill :excadrill: gets lucky again and scores another critical hit Rock Slide that does massive damage to Spinach :servine: as he sets up a Leech Seed in return. Spinach :servine: survives the second Rock Slide with only 5 HP left but Excadrill :excadrill: gets lucky for the third time in a row and avoids Leaf Tornado. Excadrill :excadrill: then defeats Spinach :servine: with another Rock Slide. I send out Lettuce :lilligant: and she is surprisingly faster than Exadrill :excadrill: and beats it with Giga Drain. Clay's last Pokemon is Palpitoad :palpitoad: so another Giga Drain from Lettuce :lilligant: finishes the battle. I win my fifth Gym Badge, the Quake Badge.

03.png

This is my team after the battle, didn’t expect two of my Pokemon to faint against Clay but that Excadrill :excadrill: was incredibly lucky so I couldn’t do much to prevent this outcome.

:servine: Spinach Lv. 31

:leavanny: Cabbage Lv. 30
Moves: Bug Bite, Razor Leaf, Slash and Protect

:lilligant: Lettuce Lv. 31
Moves: Giga Drain, Sleep Powder, Leech Seed and Quiver Dance

:simisage: Broccoli Lv.30
Moves: Seed Bomb, Bite, Dig and Rock Tomb

:maractus: Kale Lv. 29
Ability:Chlorophyll
Nature: Sassy
Moves: Needle Arm, Giga Drain, Acupressure and Synthesis

:deerlingwinter: Celery Lv. 30
Nature: Adamant
Moves: Jump Kick, Take Down, Faint Attack and Leech Seed

Faint counter:
:servine: Spinach: 6
:leavanny: Cabbage: 2
:lilligant: Lettuce: 0
:simisage: Broccoli: 6
:maractus: Kale: 3
:deerlingwinter: Celery: 0

Next time I'll be facing my biggest challenge so far as I'm going to be battling the flying type Gym leader Skyla. :mrgreenazurill:

Typhlosion

Heart and Soul
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
Even with his luck, I don't think you were ever in any danger against Clay, so good job! Skyla will be a challenge, yeah, but it could be worse: at least she won't have a Skarmory like in B2W2!

Zed

Regular Trainer
Time Zone
CET
Zed's Pokemon White Grass Monotype Challenge Update 6

@Typhlosion I agree that I was never in danger of losing against Clay but he was more challenging than I expected because I didn't think he would ever be able to take down two of my Pokemon. And I'm very glad that Skyla doesn't have Skarmory in this game because the strategy I used against her wouldn't work well against a Skarmory. 🙂

After winning my fifth Badge I continued my journey towards potentially my biggest challenge so far in the form of the Flying type Gym in Mistralton City. But I still had a few obstacles in the way that I had to deal with before reaching Mistralton City and the first one was a battle against Bianca.

Bianca started with her Herdier :herdier: and I sent out Spinach :servine:. Spinach :servine: used Leech Seed as Herdier’s :herdier: Take Down missed. On the next turn the Take Down hits but does very little damage to Eviolite boosted Spinach :servine: that uses Growth to set up. On the next turn the +1 Leaf Tornado almost knocks out Bianca’s Herdier :herdier: as it misses another Take Down. Bianca then heals with Hyper Potion as I tried to finish off her Pokemon with Cut. Another Leaf Tornado and some Leech Seed damage finally finish off the Herdier :herdier: on the next turn. Bianca then sends out Pansear :pansear: and uses Amnesia after my Leaf Tornado already did very little damage. I then proceed to spam Cut as Bianca heals again and then uses a couple of Flame Bursts but in the end Spinach :servine: wins this exchange after Pansear :pansear: messes up and uses Amnesia again instead of attacking. Next up is Bianca’s Musharna :musharna: and Spinach :servine: gets a crit Leaf Tornado as Musharna :musharna: misses Hypnosis. Thanks to that critical hit, Spinach :servine: manages to knock out Musharna :musharna: with the second Leaf Tornado. Spinach :servine: levels up and learns Leaf Blade after Musharna :musharna: goes down. Bianca’s last Pokemon is Dewott :dewott: but one Leaf Blade from Spinach :servine: is enough to knock out her Water type starter and end this battle.

I then make my way through Route 6 and reach Chargestone Cave where I run into N and Team Plasma. But before I deal with Team Plasma I decided to catch another Pokemon for my team and that Pokemon was Ferroseed :ferroseed:. I catch one and name him Artichoke. Since Artichoke :ferroseed: is my seventh Pokemon that means that sadly Kale :maractus: will have to go and retire in the PC Box but his contributions in the last two Gym battles will never be forgotten.

01.png

After adding Artichoke :ferroseed: to the team I finally go through the Chargestone Cave and battle every Team Plasma Grunt I can find there and when I finally reach the exit N shows up again and challenges me to a battle.

N starts the battle with a Boldore :boldore: as I send out Lettuce :lilligant: and immediately put Boldore :boldore: to sleep with Sleep Powder. While Boldore :boldore: is sleeping Lettuce :lilligant: uses Quiver Dance and then proceeds to beat the Rock type with two Giga Drains. N’s next Pokemon is Joltik :joltik: that avoids Lettuce’s :lilligant: Sleep Powder and uses Electroweb. Next Sleep Powder hits but Joltik :joltik: wakes up immediately during the very next turn and uses another Electroweb as Lettuce :lilligant: uses Giga Drain. After two Electrowebs Joltik :joltik: is faster than Lettuce :lilligant: and uses Bug Bite but Lettuce :lilligant: hangs on and defeats Joltik :joltik: with another Giga Drain. Next up is Ferroseed :ferroseed: but Lettuce :lilligant: puts it to sleep with Sleep Powder and then I switch into Celery :deerlingwinter:. Ferroseed :ferroseed: wakes up on the first turn and uses Metal Claw but it luckily doesn’t do much damage to Celery :deerlingwinter:. Two Jump Kicks later and Celery :deerlingwinter: beats Ferroseed :ferroseed: and N sends out Klink :klink: as his final Pokemon. Celery :deerlingwinter: uses Jump Kick again and OHKOs the Klink :klink:. I win the battle and finally reach Mistralton City.

I explore the city and meet Skyla and Professor Cedric Juniper. Skyla tells me to meet her on top of the Celestial Tower on Route 7 so after healing my Pokemon I start exploring Route 7. I battle every Trainer on the route and I even have a triple battle in which two of my Pokemon faint. Broccoli :simisage: loses to a Swoobat :swoobat: and Spinach :servine: loses to a super lucky Watchog :watchog: that got two crits in a row and even survived on 1HP before getting that second crit that knocked out my starter.

I reach and explore the Celestial Tower and also battle every Trainer in the Tower. Two battles that are worth mentioning are the two battles in which two of my Pokemon fainted. Broccoli :simisage: lost to an Emolga :emolga: after missing four Rock Tombs in a row and Lettuce :lilligant: fainted when it got hit by Duosion’s :duosion: Future Sight (that I forgot about) after it already took a lot of damage from Psyshock. After one of these battles in the Celestial Tower Celery :deerlingwinter: evolved into a Sawsbuck :sawsbuckwinter:. I eventually reach the top of the tower and ring the bell so now I can finally go back to Mistralton City and challenge Skyla.

I enter the Gym and defeat every Gym Trainer without to many issues and none of my Pokemon faint during these battles despite going against many strong Flying type Pokemon. I reach Skyla but I go back and heal my team before challenging her.

02.png

This was my team before challenging her.

I expected this battle to be super hard but it turned out to be easier than the battle against Clay because of how good Artichoke :ferroseed: was. My plan before the battle was to set up with Eviolite boosted Artichoke :ferroseed: and that’s exactly what I did. Skyla started with Swoobat :swoobat: and used Amnesia as I had Artichoke :ferroseed: use Ingrain for some consistent healing. Swoobat :swoobat: used Acrobatics twice but that barely did any notable damage as my Artichoke :ferroseed: set up two Curses and kept healing thanks to Ingrain. Swoobat :swoobat: used another Acrobatics as Artichoke :ferroseed: used Payback and defeated Swoobat :swoobat: in one hit (it was damaged a little already from Iron Barbs though). Skyla sent out Unfezant :unfezant: but after it missed Air Slash on Artichoke :ferroseed: it got knocked out with one Gyro Ball. Skyla’s last Pokemon was Swanna :swanna: that used Aqua Ring as Artichoke :ferroseed: did around 70% of damage with Gyro Ball. Swanna :swanna: used Air Slash but it didn’t do much damage so Artichoke :ferroseed: finished the battle with another Gyro Ball. So that’s how I beat Skyla’s 3 fully evolved Flying type Pokemon with my little unevolved Ferroseed. Artichoke :ferroseed: became the instant MVP of the team after his performance in this battle. Skyla gave me the Jet Badge and TM for Acrobatics after the battle.

03.png

This is the team after the battle with Skyla. I expected this to be my biggest challenge so far but it turned out to be one of the easiest Gym battles I had so far in this challenge.

:servine: Spinach Lv. 35
Moves: Leaf Blade, Return, Leech Seed and Growth

:leavanny: Cabbage Lv. 34
Moves: Bug Bite, Razor Leaf, Slash and Protect

:lilligant: Lettuce Lv. 34

:simisage: Broccoli Lv. 35
Moves: Seed Bomb, Bite, Shadow Claw and Rock Tomb

:ferroseed: Artichoke Lv. 38
Ability: Iron Barbs
Nature: Relaxed
Moves: Gyro Ball, Payback, Ingrain and Curse

:sawsbuckwinter: Celery Lv. 34
Moves: Jump Kick, Return, Faint Attack and Leech Seed

Faint counter:
:servine: Spinach:7
:lilligant: Lettuce:1
:simisage: Broccoli:8
:sawsbuckwinter: Celery: 0
:ferroseed: Artichoke: 0

Typhlosion

Heart and Soul
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
Hey, Relaxed is one of the best Natures you could ask for on a Ferroseed. Good going!

Zed

Regular Trainer
Time Zone
CET
Zed's Pokemon White Grass Monotype Challenge Update 7

@Typhlosion Yea, Relaxed is awesome on Ferroseed and Ferrothorn as it boosts not only their Defense stat but also the power of their Gyro Ball. And also thanks for regularly following this little challenge of mine. 😀

After easily defeating Skyla in the last update I continued my journey towards the next Gym battle by going through Route 7 and reaching Twist Mountain. Before I can enter the Twist Mountain I'm stopped by Cheren who also just beat Skyla so he wanted to challenge me to a battle and see which one of us is stronger.

Cheren started with his Unfezant :unfezant: and I had Cabbage :leavanny: in the lead so I had to make a switch on the first turn. I switched into Artichoke :ferroseed: as Unfezant :unfezant: used Air Slash. On the next turn Unfezant :unfezant: used Taunt and Artichoke :ferroseed: used Gyro Ball that didn’t do as much as I expected. On the next turn I decide to use Payback after Unfezant :unfezant: used another Air Slash and my Payback ended up being a critical hit that put Unfezant :unfezant: into the red HP. Then Unfezant :unfezant: got super lucky itself and managed to beat Artichoke :ferroseed: thanks to Air Slash first flinching and then getting a critical hit on the very next turn and that was enough to knock out my Artichoke :ferroseed:. I send out Broccoli :simisage: and finally beat Unfezant :unfezant: with a Seed Bomb. Cheren then sends out his Pignite :pignite: but Broccoli :simisage: beats it easily with two Dig attacks. Liepard :liepard: is next so I switch into Celery :sawsbuckwinter: and take a Fake Out in the process. Celery :sawsbuckwinter: then uses a Jump Kick and OHKOs the Dark type. Cheren’s last Pokemon is Simisage :simisage: but two Returns from Celery :sawsbuckwinter: knock it out quickly and I win the battle.

It turns out that Alder was watching our battle so he comes and talks to us about the meaning of strength and battling before giving me the HM for Surf.

I then go through the Twist Mountain and battle every Trainer in there. After one of those battles Spinach :servine: hits level 36 and evolves into a Serperior :serperior:. I reach Icirrus City shortly after and listen to Cedric Juniper talk about the Dragonspiral Tower that is located just north of the city. After that history lesson from the old professor I go and heal my Pokemon in the Pokemon Center and then explore the city until I reach the Gym.

I enter the Gym and battle every Gym Trainer. Despite all of the Trainers having only Ice type Pokemon I end up beating them easily with only Lettuce :lilligant: fainting once to a Vanillish :vanillish: after already being weakened from battling another Vanillish :vanillish: before that. I go back to the Pokemon Center to heal my team and then I go back into the Gym to challenge Brycen.

01.png

This was my team before challenging Brycen.

Brycen started the battle with a Vanillish :vanillish: and my lead was Celery :sawsbuckwinter:. I used Jump Kick and it ended up being a OHKO on the frail Ice type. Brycen then sends out his ace Beartic :beartic: that uses Swagger after barely surviving Celery’s :sawsbuckwinter: Jump Kick. That turned out to be the right move to make because Celery :sawsbuckwinter: hurt itself in its confusion on the next turn and then Beartic :beartic: knocked him out with an Icicle Crash. I then sent out Broccoli :simisage: and used Brick Break to knock out Brycen’s best Pokemon. Cryogonal :cryogonal: was Brycen’s last Pokemon but Broccoli’s :simisage: Brick Break was enough to finish the battle in one hit.

I won my seventh Gym battle and as a reward Brycen gave me the Freeze Badge and TM for Frost Breath.

After leaving the Gym I find out that Team Plasma is in the Dragonspiral Tower trying to get their hands on the Legendary Dragon Pokemon so after healing my team at the Pokemon Center I decide to try and stop them with the help of Brycen and Cheren. I battle a few Team Plasma Grunts and other random Trainers in the Dragonspiral Tower and one of those random Trainers had a Darmanitan :darmanitan: that managed to beat my Celery :sawsbuckwinter: with a Flare Blitz after barely surviving a Return. I then battle the last batch of Team Plasma Grunts that were protecting one of the Seven Sages and after those battles my Artichoke :ferroseed: evolves into a Ferrothorn :ferrothorn:.

I finally reach the top of the tower and watch N join forces with the Legendary Pokemon Reshiram :reshiram:. He then suggests that I should try and befriend the other Legendary Dragon if I wanted to stand a chance at stopping him and Team Plasma, I guess he doesn't know that I can only use Grass types. :lolazurill:

N then leaves with his reshiram :reshiram: and I save the game. I guess I'll look for that other Legendary Dragon in the next update and hopefully also win my eight and last Gym badge in this game.

:serperior: Spinach Lv. 40
Moves: Leaf Blade, Strength, Leech Seed and Coil

:leavanny: Cabbage Lv. 39
Moves: X-Scissor, Leaf Blade, Slash and Protect

:lilligant: Lettuce Lv. 39

:simisage: Broccoli Lv. 39
Moves: Seed Bomb, Brick Break, Dig and Rock Slide

:ferrothorn: Artichoke Lv. 40
Moves: Gyro Ball, Power Whip, Ingrain and Curse

:sawsbuckwinter: Celery Lv. 39
Moves: Horn Leech, Jump Kick, Return and Faint Attack

Faint counter:
:serperior: Spinach:7
:lilligant: Lettuce: 2
:simisage: Broccoli:8
:sawsbuckwinter: Celery: 2
:ferrothorn: Artichoke: 1

Zed

Regular Trainer
Time Zone
CET
Zed's Pokemon White Grass Monotype Challenge Update 8

In my quest to find Zekrom :zekrom: and stand up to N and his Reshiram :reshiram: I go to the Relic Castle. I battle a lot of Team Plasma Grunts while trying to reach the deepest part of the Relic Castle ruins. I reach it without much issues but I don’t find Zekrom :zekrom: there and instead I only run into Ghetsis. He leaves after his speech and I get the call to go to Nacrene City and meet with Lenora so I do just that. In Nacrene City Lenora gives me the Dark Stone that is supposed to turn into Zekrom :zekrom:. Nobody knows how to do that so they suggest that I go to Opelucid City and talk to two Dragon masters that live there, Drayden and Iris. I fly back to Icirrus City and start making my way towards Opelucid by going through Route 8.

I get through Route 8 quickly and reach Tubeline Bridge but before I can cross the bridge I get stopped by Bianca. She wants to battle with me so I accept her challenge.

I lead with Artichoke :ferrothorn: as Bianca chooses Stoutland :stoutland:. Stoutland :stoutland: uses Retaliate but ends up doing more damage to itself than my Artichoke :ferrothorn: thanks to the Iron Barbs and Rocky Helmet. Artichoke :ferrothorn: sets up a Curse. Stoutland :stoutland: then uses Work Up as Power Whip from Artichoke :ferrothorn: leaves it in red health. Bianca uses a Full Restore but Artichoke’s :ferrothorn: Gyro Ball does massive damage. Stoutland :stoutland: uses another Retaliate and barely survives the recoil damage from Artichoke’s :ferrothorn: held item and ability before ultimately being knocked out by a Power Whip. Bianca then sends out Simisear :simisear: so I switch into Broccoli :simisage: as Simisear :simisear: only uses Leer instead of trying to do some serious damage with its Fire type attacks. Broccoli’s :simisage: Dig puts Simisear :simisear: in red health as it uses Leer again. Bianca uses another Full Restore while Broccoli :simisage: uses Brick Break. Brick Break did enough damage to enable Broccoli’s :simisage: next Dig to finally knock out Bianca's Simisear :simisear:. Bianca then sends out her starter Samurott :samurott: but it goes down to two Seed Bomb attacks from my Broccoli :simisage:. Before going down Samurott :samurott: did manage to do a decent amount of damage with Slash thanks to Broccoli’s :simisage: lowered defense from earlier. Bianca’s last Pokemon is Musharna :musharna: so I switch into Cabbage :leavanny: as Musharna’s :musharna: Hypnosis misses thankfully. Cabbage :leavanny: uses X-Scissor as Musharna :musharna: barely hangs on and uses Psybeam for very little damage. Another X-Scissor finishes the battle and once again I defeat Bianca without too much trouble.

Shortly after that I manage to reach Opelucid City and meet with Drayden and Iris. I go to Drayden’s house and he tells me everything he knows about the two Legendary Dragons and how they created the Unova region. After that I explore the rest of the city and make my way towards the Opelucid Gym where Iris is awaiting my challenge. I defeated all of the Gym Trainers relatively easily and only Lettuce :lilligant: fainted to a Crunch from a +2 Deino :deino: after missing a Sleep Powder. I go back and heal my team before making my way back to Iris and challenging her for a battle.

01.jpg

This was my team before challenging Iris.

Iris leads with Fraxure :fraxure: and I send out Artichoke :ferrothorn:. Fraxure :fraxure: uses Dragon Dance as Artichoke :ferrothorn: sets up a Curse. On the next turn Fraxure :fraxure: uses Dragon Dance again as Artichoke’s :ferrothorn: Gyro Ball knocks it out in one hit. Druddigon :druddigon: is next and it uses Chip Away but damages itself in the process from Artichoke’s :ferrothorn: Iron Barbs and Rocky Helmet. Artichoke :ferrothorn: counters with Gyro Ball and that puts Druddigon :druddigon: at around half of its HP left. Druddigon :druddigon: then uses Night Slash and damages itself again as the next Gyro Ball from Artichoke :ferrothorn: manages to knock it out. As her last Pokemon Iris sends out a Haxorus :haxorus: and uses Dragon Tail after first taking a powerful Gyro Ball from Artichoke :ferrothorn:. Celery :sawsbuckwinter: is brought out by Dragon Tail but Haxours :haxorus: is already in red health after taking that Gyro Ball and the damage from Iron Barbs and Rocky Helmet. Iris uses a Hyper Potion but Celery’s :sawsbuckwinter: Return does exactly half HP of damage to Haxorus :haxorus: and since Celery :sawsbuckwinter: is faster he finishes the battle on the next turn with another Return. I win my final Gym Badge, the Legend Badge, and get the TM for Dragon Tail as a reward.

02.png

Here is my team after the battle. Honestly this battle was a lot easier than I expected it to be.

Now that I have all 8 badges it is finally time to go to the Pokemon League and stop N and Team Plasma.

:serperior: Spinach Lv. 43
Moves: Leaf Blade, Strength, Leech Seed and Coil

:leavanny: Cabbage Lv. 42
Moves: X-Scissor, Leaf Blade, Slash and Protect

:lilligant: Lettuce Lv. 42

:simisage: Broccoli Lv. 42
Moves: Seed Bomb, Brick Break, Dig and Rock Slide

:ferrothorn: Artichoke Lv. 43

:sawsbuckwinter: Celery Lv. 42

Faint counter:
:serperior: Spinach: 7
:lilligant: Lettuce: 3
:simisage: Broccoli: 8
:sawsbuckwinter: Celery: 2
:ferrothorn: Artichoke: 1

Typhlosion

Heart and Soul
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
The combination of Dragon Dance and Dragon Tail never ceases to amuse me. Congrats on getting your last Badge! Artichoke is doing incredible thing for your team, eh?

Zed

Regular Trainer
Time Zone
CET
Zed's Pokemon White Grass Monotype Challenge Update 9

@Typhlosion I agree, Dragon Dance and Dragon Tail is a weird combination lol. I remember I once swept Drayden with a Dragon Tail without taking any damage in the process. It was a playthrough of White 2 from years ago and I used a Flygon with Dragon Tail and I guess Drayden kept spamming Dragon Tail himself but my Flygon was faster than all of his Pokemon so my Dragon Tail always went first and I just kept shuffling his Pokemon around and knocking them out one by one. One of the weirdest and funniest Gym battles I ever had. :)
And you are right about Artichoke, his Steel typing came in handy more than once.

Shortly after winning my last Gym Badge and leaving the Opelucid City I ran into Cheren and Bianca on Route 10. After a short chat with the two of them, Cheren decided to challenge me to a battle.

He started with Unfezant :unfezant: and my Artichoke :ferrothorn: defeated it easily with a couple of Gyro Balls. Cheren then sent out his starter Emboar :emboar: and I knew I was in trouble because Emboar :emboar: was at least two levels higher than all of my Pokemon. To make a long story short, Emboar :emboar: swept my entire team with a Flamethrower. Most of my Pokemon went down in one hit and the couple of them that could take one Flamethrower couldn’t really do much damage to the bulky Fire type starter. I went back and trained against the wild Audino :audino: until all of my Pokemon hit level 45 (the level of Cheren’s Emboar :emboar:) and then I went back to Route 10 to battle with Cheren again.

The battle started just like the last time with Cheren’s Unfezant :unfezant: against my Artichoke :ferrothorn:. This time around Unfezant :unfezant: made me waste a Gyro Ball with Detect and it also managed to get a flinch with Air Slash but Artichoke :ferrothorn: still came out on top after two Gyro Balls finally connected with Cheren’s Flying type. Cheren then sent out his Emboar :emboar: and quickly defeated Artichoke :ferrothorn: with a Flamethrower. I then sent out Lettuce :lilligant: and missed a Sleep Powder but managed to survive the Flamethrower with 20 HP. On the next turn the Sleep Powder connected but that ended up not mattering much since Emboar :emboar: woke up immediately so I only managed to set up a Leech Seed before Lettuce :lilligant: was defeated with an Assurance. I sent out Broccoli :simisage: but his Soft Sand boosted Dig wasn’t enough to beat Emboar :emboar: and Broccoli :simisage: was defeated with a single Flamethrower. Celery :sawsbuckwinter: was next and one Return was enough to finally beat Cheren’s starter. Rest of the battle was easy since Liepard :liepard: went down after one Jump Kick from Celery and Simisage :simisage: was defeated by two Return attacks. Since I defeat Cheren that means that I can finally access the Victory Road.

I go through the Victory Road and battle all of the Trainers that I find there. Some of them were more challenging than others and some of my Pokemon fainted during those harder battles. I don’t want to go too much into detail about these unimportant battles so I’ll just say that Artichoke :ferrothorn: fainted twice and Broccoli :simisage: and Cabbage :leavanny: fainted once. All of those happened because I needed a free switch into one of my other Pokemon so I had to let these ones faint and that’s the price of playing on “SET” battle style.

I reach the Pokemon League and stock up on healing items since, even though I can’t use them in battle, I’ll still need them for healing outside of battles. Before I challenge the Elite 4 I decided to train my team a bit more just to be sure so I went back to the closest area with tall grass and started training against the wild Audino :audino:. After I got a few extra levels on all of my Pokemon I went back to the Pokemon League and start the Elite 4 challenge.

01.jpg

This was my team before challenging the Elite 4.

Elite 4 Shauntal

I decided to challenge Shauntal first. She started with a Cofagrigus :cofagrigus: and I sent out Lettuce :lilligant:. I used Sleep Powder and then Quiver Dance but Cofagrigus :cofagrigus: woke up immediately and burned Lettuce :lilligant: with a Will-O-Wisp. I use another Sleep Powder and second Quiver Dance before healing off most of the burn damage with Giga Drain. Shauntal uses Full Restore but my Petal Dance knocks Cofagrigus :cofagrigus: out in one hit. Shauntal’s next Pokemon is Chandelure :chandelure: but Lettuce :lilligant: lands a critical hit with Petal Dance and defeats Chandelure :chandelure: with one hit. Jellicent :jellicent: is next and it is also taken out quickly since Lettuce :lilligant: was still locked into Petal Dance. Jellicent’s :jellicent: Cursed Body activates as it goes down so Lettuce :lilligant: can’t use Petal Dance anymore. Golurk :golurk: is Shauntal’s last Pokemon and I switch out Lettuce :lilligant: and send out Celery :sawsbuckwinter: and perfectly predict the incoming Shadow Punch in the process :coolazurill:. Celery :sawsbuckwinter: then uses Horn Leech but Golurk :golurk: survives with red HP but instead of attacking me, Golurk :golurk: decides to knock itself out with a Curse and I win my first Elite 4 battle.

Elite 4 Grimsley

Next Elite 4 member is Grimsley and I mess up my lead because I mixed up Grimsley’s lead Pokemon from BW and B2W2. I start with Artichoke :ferrothorn: expecting Grimsley to lead with Fake Out Liepard :liepard: (his B2W2 lead) but instead he leads with a Scrafty :scrafty: and I have to switch out immediately. I switch into Cabbage :leavanny: and get my accuracy lowered with Sand Attack. Cabbage :leavanny: uses Swords Dance and gets hit with another Sand Attack. I miss X-Scissor first but then hit the next one for massive damage while Scrafty :scrafty: kept spamming Sand Attack. My next three X-Scissors miss as Scrafty :scrafty: first gets healed with Full Restore and then knocks Cabbage :leavanny: out with two Poison Jabs and gets a +1 in attack thanks to Moxie. I send out Spinach :serperior: and use Leech Seed as Scrafty’s :scrafty: Poison Jab does a little over half HP of damage. Spinach :serperior: then uses Coil to survive another Poison Jab but he gets poisoned in the process. I then use Leaf Blade for a lot of damage and thanks to Shell Bell recovery Spinach :serperior: survives another Poison Jab with 10 HP and then Leech Seed allows him to survive the poison damage with 8 HP left at the end of this crazy turn. Grimsley uses another Full Restore and Spinach :serperior: uses another Leaf Blade and survives poison again thanks to the Leech Seed and Shell Bell recovery. Spinach :serperior: is faster and finally knocks out Scrafty :scrafty: with another Leaf Blade and also survives another turn of poison, this time with only 1 HP left. Bisharp :bisharp: is next and my 1 HP Spinach :serperior: deals a good amount of damage with Leaf Blade before being knocked out with a Slash. I send out Celery :sawsbuckwinter: and beat Bisharp :bisharp: with a Jump Kick. Liepard :liepard: comes out next and flinches Celery :sawsbuckwinter: with a Fake Out. Celery :sawsbuckwinter: then misses a Jump Kick for the first time ever in this playthrough and gets knocked out with an Aerial Ace. I then send out Artichoke :ferrothorn: and use Curse and Gyro Ball to knock out the Liepard :liepard: as it wasn’t able to do much damage during these two turns with its Aerial Ace since Artichoke :ferrothorn: is part Steel type. Grimsley’s last Pokemon is Krookodile :krookodile: but, even after its Intimidate ability, my Artichoke :ferrothorn: knocks it out with one Power Whip and I win my second Elite 4 battle.

Elite 4 Caitlin

Next is Caitlin but this battle turns out to be the easiest so far. She leads with Reuniclus :reuniclus: and I start with Cabbage :leavanny:. Cabbage :leavanny: uses Swords Dance as a Psychic from Reuniclus :reuniclus: does a little over half HP of damage. Cabbage :leavanny: then sweeps Caitlin’s entire team (:reuniclus:, :sigilyph:, :musharna: and :gothitelle:) with four X-Scissors as all of her Pokemon go down in one hit (even her part Flying type Sigilyph :sigilyph:). I win my third Elite 4 battle way to easily and I decide to stop here because I want to leave the last Elite 4 member for the beginning of the next update and use that battle as a warm up for N and Ghetsis battles.

:serperior: Spinach Lv. 50
Moves: Leaf Blade, Dragon Tail, Leech Seed and Coil

:leavanny: Cabbage Lv. 50
Moves: X-Scissor, Leaf Blade, Slash and Swords Dance

:lilligant: Lettuce Lv. 50
Moves: Petal Dance, Giga Drain, Sleep Powder and Quiver Dance

:simisage: Broccoli Lv. 49
Moves: Seed Bomb, Brick Break, Acrobatics and Rock Slide

:ferrothorn: Artichoke Lv. 50

:sawsbuckwinter: Celery Lv. 49

Blackouts: 3

Faint counter:
:serperior: Spinach: 9
:leavanny: Cabbage: 5
:lilligant: Lettuce: 5
:simisage: Broccoli: 11
:sawsbuckwinter: Celery: 4
:ferrothorn: Artichoke: 5

Last edited:

Zed

Regular Trainer
Time Zone
CET
Zed's Pokemon White Grass Monotype Challenge Update 10

I finally found the time to finish challenging the Elite 4 since last time I stopped right before challenging Marshal. I walk into Marshal’s room and challenge him immediately.

Elite 4 Marshal

Marshal starts the battle with Throh :throh: and I send out Spinach :serperior:. I use Leech Seed and Throh’s :throh: Stone Edge doesn’t do too much damage so I start setting up with Coil during the next two turns. Throh’s :throh: Stone Edge and Bulldoze do very little damage to Spinach :serperior: during those two turns, especially after the Leech Seed recovery. Spinach :serperior: then uses Leaf Blade and Throh :throh: barely survives it but its Stone Edge misses so the Leech Seed damage ends up knocking it out. Mienshao :mienshao: is next but its Jump Kick can’t really hurt my Spinach :serperior: and one Leaf Blade is enough to defeat Marshal’s second Pokemon. Sawk :sawk: is Marshal’s third Pokemon and it uses weak Karate Chop before being taken down to Sturdy by a Leaf Blade. I correctly predict the Full Restore from Marshal so I use Leech Seed to break the Sturdy and then defeat Sawk :sawk: on the next turn with another Leaf Blade. Marshal’s last Pokemon is Conkeldurr :conkeldurr: and its Hammer Arm actually does some respectable damage but my Spinach :serperior: is faster and defeats the strong Fighting type with two Leaf Blades. I win my fourth Elite 4 battle and heal my Pokemon.

After defeating Marshal I get access to the Champions room and there I saw that N managed to defeat Alder. Then the giant Team Plasma castle rises up around the Pokemon League. I start making my way through the castle in hopes of reaching N and stopping Team Plasma but I am stopped by six members of the Seven Sages. Luckily Unova Gym Leaders show up to deal with them and allow me to continue searching for N. I reach N and shortly after talking to him my Dark Stone starts to react and it turns into a Zekrom :zekrom:. I battle and catch Zekrom :zekrom: easily with one Ultra Ball and sent it to my PC before finally battling against N.

vs N

N starts with Reshiram :reshiram: and I start with Broccoli :simisage:. Broccoli :simisage: is faster but Dig doesn’t even do half HP of damage to the legendary Dragon and in return Reshiram :reshiram: OHKOs Broccoli :simisage: with Fusion Flare. I then find out that Reshiram :reshiram: is faster than the rest of my team and it proceeds to take out three of my Pokemon with Fusion Flare (Lettuce :lilligant:, Spinach :serperior: and Celery :sawsbuck:). I then send out Cabbage :leavanny: and Reshiram :reshiram: uses Extrasensory as I crit with Slash putting it in yellow heath. I realize here that Fusion Flare only has 5 PP since Reshiram :reshiram: used Extrasensory on a Grass and Bug type. Cabbage :leavanny: then sets up a Swords Dance as Reshiram’s :reshiram: Hyper Beam misses. On the next turn Extrasensory doesn’t KO my Cabbage :leavanny: and Reshiram :reshiram: finally goes down to a +2 Slash. However Reshiram :reshiram: already did its job and decimated most of my team so N's Zoroark :zoroark: disguised as a Klinklang :klinklang: easily finished the battle with two Flamethrowers against my already very weakened Cabbage :leavanny: and Artichoke :ferrothorn:. I lose but I think I can win with a little better strategy so I decide not to level up my team and try again immediately.

Before I actually challenged N again I decided to teach a few new moves to some of my Pokemon. I realized that Broccoli :simisage: is the only Pokemon on my team that is faster than N's Reshiram :reshiram: so I teach him Rock Tomb instead of Rock Slide so that we can slow down that OP dragon. I also remembered that Fusion Flare only has 5 PP and I realized that I can easily beat Reshiram :reshiram: if I stall out its Fire type move. So I decided to give Celery :sawsbuck: a Substitute instead of the Faint Attack. I also realized that Ingrain on Artichoke :ferrothorn: won’t be that useful anymore so I replace it with Bulldoze just in case because my only other Ground type move was Dig on Broccoli :simisage:. After that I go back and challenge N again.

vs N (again)

The battle starts the same way as it did last time with N’s Reshiram :reshiram: against my Broccoli :simisage:. I use Rock Tomb this time and lower Reshiram’s :reshiram: speed before Fusion Flare knocks out Broccoli :simisage:. I then send out Celery :sawsbuck: and thanks to Rock Tomb Reshiram :reshiram: is slower now so Celery :sawsbuck: uses Substitute four times and stalls out the last four Fusion Flares. After all of those Substitutes Celery :sawsbuck: only has 2 HP left so I use Return for a little extra damage before Reshiram :reshiram: knocks out my second Pokemon with Extrasensory. I then send out Lettuce :lilligant: and use Sleep Powder. Lettuce :lilligant: manages to use three Quiver Dances before Reshiram :reshiram: wakes up and does very little damage with Extrasensory. I use another Sleep Powder but Reshiram :reshiram: wakes up immediately on the next turn and misses Hyper Beam as Lettuce :lilligant: used fourth Quiver Dance. I then use Giga Drain but Reshiram :reshiram: survives with one or two HP left so N uses Full Restore to heal it. I then put Reshiram :reshiram: back to sleep with Sleep Powder and use another Quiver Dance. Lettuce :lilligant: then uses two Petal Dances as Reshiram :reshiram: wakes up after the second one and hits with Hyper Beam but doesn’t do too much damage. Next turn the third Petal Dance finally knocks out the legendary Reshiram :reshiram:. N sends out Vanilluxe :vanilluxe: but Giga Drain knocks it out immediately and heals Lettuce :lilligant: back to full HP. Next is Klinklang :klinklang: but it goes down in one hit from Petal Dance, however after being hit with Petal Dance it turns out that Klinklang :klinklang: is actually a Zoroark :zoroark:. N then sends out the real Klinklang :klinklang: but it is also defeated with one Petal Dance just like the fake one. Archeops :archeops: is next and it also gets knocked out by a single Petal Dance. Carracosta :carracosta: is N’s last Pokemon and it misses a Stone Edge after it survived a Petal Dance thanks to Sturdy. The second Petal Dance finishes the battle and I defeat N.

Ghetsis shows up after N lost and reveals his true intentions with N and Team Plasma. He then challenges me to a battle.

vs Ghetsis

Ghetsis starts the battle with a Cofagrigus :cofagrigus: and I still have Broccoli :simisage: in the lead from the battle with N. Broccoli :simisage: manages to use two Seed Bombs for decent damage before being knocked out by two Shadow Balls. I send out Lettuce :lilligant: and use Sleep Powder before setting up two Quiver Dances as Cofagrigus :cofagrigus: wakes up and uses Protect for some reason. I put it back to sleep and use another Quiver Dance. I then knock Cofagrigus :cofagrigus: out with a Giga Drain and Ghetsis sends out his Hydreigon :hydreigon: next. I put it to sleep with Sleep Powder and use another Quiver Dance. Lettuce :lilligant: then uses Petal Dance but Hydreigon :hydreigon: survives with red HP and wakes up using a Fire Blast that actually does a surprisingly good amount of damage to Lettuce :lilligant: even after four Quiver Dances. Ghetsis then uses a Full Restore but another two Petal Dances knock out his Hydreigon :hydreigon:. He then sends out Seismitoad :seismitoad: and Eelektross :eelektross: but both go down to a single Giga Drain each and Lettuce :lilligant: is back at full HP. Next is Bouffalant :bouffalant: and I remember that it could have a Sap Sipper as its ability so I switch into Artichoke :ferrothorn: and take a Head Charge in the process but the recoil and passive damage from Iron Barbs and Rocky Helmet do just as much damage back to Bouffalant :bouffalant:. Artichoke :ferrothorn: then uses Curse as Bouffalant :bouffalant: takes even more damage from using Head Charge again. I then use Gyro Ball but it goes to waste since Bouffalant :bouffalant: is faster and uses another Head Charge that ends up taking him out with already mentioned passive damage and recoil. Ghetsis only has Bisharp :bisharp: left so Artichoke :ferrothorn: uses Bulldoze after being put in red HP with X-Scissor. Bisharp :bisharp: barely survives Bulldoze so it uses another X-Scissor that my Artichoke :ferrothorn: survives with 6 HP left and Bisharp :bisharp: gets knocked out by Iron Barbs and Rocky Helmet just like Bouffalant :bouffalant:. I win the battle and Alder takes Ghetsis away with a little help from Cheren. I stay back and talk to the confused N before he leaves with his Reshiram :reshiram: to figure his life out after finding out that everything Ghetsis told him was a lie.

03.jpg

Credits roll and that means I successfully completed this challenge. Here is my final team.

01.jpg

And here are their levels after those final battles.

02.jpg

Lettuce ended up being at the highest level since she basically saved me in those battles and I don't think I could have won with this team at these levels without abusing the Sleep Powder + Quiver Dance strategy. I know some of you might consider this a cheap strategy but I wanted to finish this challenge as soon as possible without being over-leveled so this was the only strategy I came up with to do just that.

:serperior: Spinach Lv. 51
Moves: Leaf Blade, Dragon Tail, Leech Seed and Coil

:leavanny: Cabbage Lv. 50
Moves: X-Scissor, Leaf Blade, Slash and Swords Dance

:lilligant: Lettuce Lv. 54
Moves: Petal Dance, Giga Drain, Sleep Powder and Quiver Dance

:simisage: Broccoli Lv. 49
Moves: Seed Bomb, Brick Break, Dig and Rock Tomb

:ferrothorn: Artichoke Lv. 50
Moves: Gyro Ball, Power Whip, Bulldoze and Curse

:sawsbuck: Celery Lv. 49
Moves: Horn Leech, Jump Kick, Return and Substitute

Blackouts: 4

Faint counter:
:serperior: Spinach: 10
:leavanny: Cabbage: 6
:lilligant: Lettuce: 6
:simisage: Broccoli: 14
:sawsbuck: Celery: 6
:ferrothorn: Artichoke: 6

Since I beat the game (main story), for me this means that I successfully completed this Grass Monotype challenge so this is the last “real” update for this challenge. I might do a bonus update sometime in the future when I get through the post-game and get around to battling Alder and Cynthia. Regardless of if the bonus update happens or not I want to thank everyone that followed this little challenge of mine, and I hope that you enjoyed. I definitely enjoyed documenting this challenge a lot and it actually motivated me to finish it a lot faster than I would if I just played it normally for myself without writing about it for all of you. So once again thank you all for following this monotype challenge. :mrgreenazurill:

Last edited:

Typhlosion

Heart and Soul
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
Congratulations on completing your challenge! That was an entertaining final update. Coil Serperior is lots of fun, and props to you for the strategies you used to beat N and Ghetsis. Grass is really not a good type at all to challenge them with but you got creative and made it work, so you should be proud.