Griddle Me This (Griddler AMA)

Calaf

Advanced Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
GMT+1
Hey Griddle! Here's some questions for you!

1. Are you a fan of music? If so, what kind of music do you like?
  2. If you could go on your perfect holiday, where would you go and what would you do?
  3. Which person do you admire the most and why?

I'm also gonna bounce back some of your Ace Attorney questions, since I'm curious as to what your answers will be! Sorry for being unoriginal lol

1. What was the most memorable Ace Attorney case to you?
  2. Have you played any of the spinoffs? Which one did you like the most?
  3. Who has the best "OBJECTION!"?

Merushii

Wings of Starlight
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Rin
Favorite thing to cook on a griddle? c:

The Griddler

Mermaid and Robot Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
PuppeteerMask, MystletainnKick
Switch FC
SW-0956-0339-1010
Hey Griddle! Here's some questions for you!
Butter me with them my dude.

Are you a fan of music? If so, what kind of music do you like?

Yeah I'd say I really like music. I consider my music tastes pretty eclectic in that I can find something I like in just about any genre. My favourite stuff is usually mashups and the like though.

If you could go on your perfect holiday, where would you go and what would you do?

I'm not a big sightseeing type but I would love to go to Japan someday and experience the cities there. Any country with a night market would be cool too, as I've always found those fascinating. Of course, there's also the option of staying closer to home and going to a convention. Give me something with new dining experiences, a proximity to my interests and an opportunity to go shopping and I'm happy.

Which person do you admire the most and why?

You know I have a really hard time picking favourites and all times, so I'm not sure I could pick out the person I admire the most, but I really admire Sneaky, one of the professional League of Legends players for the esports team Cloud9. I really respect how he's been challenging the norms of masculinity in gaming with his cosplays, plus the fact that he just seems to be a swell guy who's pro.

I'm also gonna bounce back some of your Ace Attorney questions, since I'm curious as to what your answers will be! Sorry for being unoriginal lol

Nah it's cool fam. I'm more than happy to answer any questions I asked first, I don't have a monopoly on them.

What was the most memorable Ace Attorney case to you?

Despite my indecisive ass having trouble with picking best ofs and favourites I can actually really easily pick out my most memorable case. The one in Investigations where you're at a theme park. At the very beginning you're in a haunted house when a thought to be empty mascot suit slowly approaches Miles from behind before attacking him. That alone was enough to burn that chapter into my memory.

Have you played any of the spinoffs? Which one did you like the most?

Well unless we're counting MvC and Project X Zone as legitimate spinoffs, the only one I've played is Investigations. I suppose that means it wins by default. 🙃

Who has the best "OBJECTION!"?

You know I gotta give it to my boy Winston Payne. I always used him on Attorney Online.

But more seriously, Manfred Von Karma has some pipes on him.

Favorite thing to cook on a griddle? c:
Pancakes, hands down my favourite griddle food.

And hey, we're at 2 pages now! Woo.

Merushii

Wings of Starlight
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Rin
Ooh very nice!

• Do you like to add anything special in your pancakes?
  • What about on your pancakes?
  • Scrambled or fried eggs?
  • Do you enjoy summer creature sounds (cicadas/frogs/crickets/etc)?
  • Favorite boss music?

The Griddler

Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Switch FC
SW-0956-0339-1010
Ooh very nice!
Thanks! We still goin'? Hell yeah, we're still goin'.

-Do you like to add anything special in your pancakes?

Unfortunately, I'm a boring basic ***** when it comes to that sorta thing. I prefer them plain when I'm cooking them. I've tried them with chocolate chips and with blueberries but it's just not my bag.

What about on your pancakes?

Now that's a different story. I like butter and maple syrup. Okay, maybe it's not all that different cause I'm still a boring basic ***** when it comes to my pancakes. That said, I've had them with hot cinnamon apples before, and it was quite nice. I don't know if I'd make it as opposed to just having maple syrup on them, but still. Nice. I wouldn't protest if someone made them.

Scrambled or fried eggs?

Scrambled eggs, hands down. Fried eggs are just scrambled eggs that can't commit to being scrambled.

Bad breakfast takes aside, I just strongly prefer my egg being all mixed together into a consistent thing. Plus I just don't like runny egg yolk or excessive egg white. I'm picky.

Do you enjoy summer creature sounds (cicadas/frogs/crickets/etc)?

Yeah, so long as they're coming from outside. We didn't get a lot of frog or cicada noises back home, but we got crickets and the occasional pack of coyotes going nuts with their howling. Oh, and crows. I liked the crickets and coyotes, hated the crows. Too grating and repetitive to me.

Favorite boss music?

There's so much to like and for so many different reasons. I'll narrow it down to the three that immediately come to mind for me when I think about that question. I'll spoil them with the name of the game their from so as to avoid spoilers while talking about them.

What can I say about Fly Octo Fly ~ Ebb & Flow that can explain just how much I love it? Well, for one I find the in-game singers Marina and Pearl to just be more fun and likable than Splatoon 1 alumni Callie and Marie. Don't get me wrong, I love the Squid Sisters and Calamari Inkantation in all its forms is an absolute banger, but Marina and Pearl both speak to me more as characters. I empathize with them, I want to be more like them. That's part of it. There's also the fact that the two characters have been with you and supporting you throughout the Expansion's story, and are deeply, personally involved in your struggle. There's this sense of these two fierce friends giving you everything they have as you fight to save their world. Plus I'm one of those people that likes to think up headcanons and look at the deeper lore to these things and something about the song and Off the Hook's relation with both the Inklings and Octolings makes my inner Game Theorist go "HELLOOOO INTERNET"in a super obnoxious and condescending voice.

Also, the fact that the entire boss battle is structured and themed like an online multiplayer battle, complete with the song changing in the final minute and all of the other factors in the boss battle coming together is just... Mmmnh, it's so good. So good.

You've been grinding the entire game. You have meticulously killed every single enemy you've run into. It doesn't matter if they didn't fight back, you cut them down anyways. After all, you're the hero, and they're the monsters. And it's perfectly acceptable for a hero to kill monsters.

And then Undyne shows up. A knight in black armour, haunting your every step. Doesn't matter, you've been grinding. You have the exp you need to fight them. Eventually, a monster child stops you. He tries to stand in your way, to get you to stop the killing. You attack him. After all, you're the hero, and he's the monster. And it's perfectly acceptable for a hero to kill monsters.

But he doesn't die. That black knight leapt in the way of the attack, and you fell her in one stroke. She falls and starts to turn to dust, as monsters do... but then she stops. The music swells, solemn and hopeful as she slowly reforms, as she feels the world reaching out to her and giving her their strength, the strength needed to stop you. She ascends, and as the music turns to a desperate, heroic theme you realize that this knight is here to kill you.

After all, she is the hero, and you're the monster. And it's perfectly acceptable for a hero to kill monsters.

Okay so it's not as grandiose as the other two, and it's probably only a major song for me. A remix of the ordinary boss battle theme, this song plays whenever you're playing against someone evil to the core. Consider it the wake-up call song, the one that starts playing when **** is about to get real. (Or you're just doing a boss rush at one of the final areas, either or.)

I think the best use of this song and the reason why it sticks with me so much is because of DemiDevimon. See, DemiDevimon is this little round demon bat that looks like an absolute small fry. He shows up about two thirds into the first story of the game. He tells you to relax, not to worry too much about fighting him. He's just here for a good time, he doesn't care if he loses. Of course, the whole time he's giving you a very unconvincing chuckle, and muttering under his breath about how he's going to destroy you. But hey, he's DemiDevimon. He's a small fry. How hard could he be?

And then this song kicks in, and his Rookie level digimon warp digivolves to Mega. Oh, and he uses Darkness digimon, which notoriously have the most powerful final stage digimon in the game at the expense of being extremely slow to get to... under normal circumstances.

Sure, he's a punk if you know what he's capable of, but one bad misplay and he will wipe the ****ing floor with you.

That's why this song is here. A casual, musical reminder to not get cocky.

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
What's your favorite grill?

What are your top 3 favorite cooking utensils?

Since you enjoy pancakes, do you enjoy waffles?

Which would you rather have: Steak or chicken?

Which would you rather have: Lobster or crab?

If somebody offered you a position as a chef in a high end restaurant, would you take it?

How many consoles/handhelds have you owned throughout your life?

What are your top 5 least favorite games?

What will you do if somebody asks you any more questions after 69? :hmmazurill:

The Griddler

Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Switch FC
SW-0956-0339-1010
What's your favorite grill?

One that doesn't flare up and lacks hot and cold spots.

So basically it doesn't exist.

I've been enjoying my Gotham skillet though.

What are your top 3 favorite cooking utensils?

Probably the spatula, knife and the spoon, due to their versatility and multiple uses. The best items in the kitchen are the ones with many different uses.

Since you enjoy pancakes, do you enjoy waffles?

I do. I personally prefer pancakes but I would never turn down a good waffle.

Which would you rather have: Steak or chicken?

Generally speaking I like a good steak, but chicken has a lot more variety to it as far as good dishes go. I can get a good, cheap chicken dinner. With steak you get what you pay for most of the time.

Which would you rather have: Lobster or crab?

I've never had either before due to fears that I might be allergic (my mom has a seafood allergy).

If somebody offered you a position as a chef in a high end restaurant, would you take it?

On one hand I could really use the money, like, really badly. On the other, I know my skill isn't enough for the position, and I find working in a kitchen with other people to be extremely stressful. Despite how much the job would benefit me I'd have to decline for the sake of my own mental health.

How many consoles/handhelds have you owned throughout your life?

Let me think here. Not counting any duplicates, I've personally owned...

8 different handhelds
11 different consoles.

What are your top 5 least favorite games?

Let me think. Of course I'm going to only count games I've played personally. I'm also going to not order the games because that ****'s too hard for me.
  • Phantom Brave (PS2): coming from the minds behind Disgaea comes the story of a little girl Necromancer who gets treated like absolute **** by literally anyone and everyone in the world for no goddamn reason. The girl doesn't even try to defend herself from literally any of this abuse and continues to be a shrill, chipper moeblob while bending over backwards in subservience of a world that doesn't deserve her help. Eventually the characters got so needlessly cruel for drama's sake that I stopped playing.
  • Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 (Xbox 360 and PS3): I doubt I need to go super in depth over what's wrong with this game. ...I tried to get all the achievements for it. I even got pretty close to succeeding, but then my Xbox Live account was hacked. I regret everything.
  • Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn (Wii): I will refrain from going into detail on this one because I know Rockie wants to play this game and they frequent this thread. Maybe I'll go in depth later.
  • Soul Calibur 5 (Xbox 360 and PS3): Removed half the cast, everyone that did return doesn't matter, all the character lore is locked away in supplemental material like art books, gutted the story mode in favour of focusing on an extremely unlikable protagonist... the only good things about this game were the customization and the net code.
  • Dynasty Warriors 6 (Xbox 360 and PS3, updated release on PS2): Removed multiple characters, made only a scarce handful playable in story mode, made several characters who used to have unique movesets share the same bland, generic one. Changed the combat system to make the game even more button-mashy than it already was. Oh, and most damning of all, the updated version with added characters was released on an older platform, thus making the "better" version technologically inferior. And I mean inferior, with a draw distance so low that you had to practically be on top of enemies for them to show up on the screen - if they showed up at all - and an engine that could not ****ing handle the framerate demands of the game. Easily the worst game of the series aside from 9 allegedly, but I haven't played 9.
What will you do if somebody asks you any more questions after 69? :hmmazurill:

Cry, lock myself in my room and eat one (1) whole pepperoni.

Umuchan

Praetor
AKA
Jessica
I’m back again!

Have there been any games that made you cry?

What’s something you like but nobody else does?

What’s something you don’t like but everyone else does?

Do you have any guilty pleasures?

What is your favorite holiday?

(OG) Saber, Rin, or Sakura?

Are there any bugs you like or at least don’t mind?

icelandic

Adept Trainer
Parachutes or wings?

The Griddler

Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Switch FC
SW-0956-0339-1010
I’m back again!
Welcome back!

Have there been any games that made you cry?

This is a difficult question to answer because it's been a long time since I've openly wept over anything. That's not to say that I've never felt sad while playing games before or that I think I'm too tough to cry or something stupid like that. It's just not how my body chooses to deal with or express sadness.

I've felt the kind of sadness that crying is associated with though. That raw, painful grip at your heart as it's slowly crushed. The most prominent examples I can think of are Katawa Shoujo - where I felt a deep sadness for the characters and the story that was being told to me through the game - and Smash 4 - which was not an intent of the game design, but was a product of my last serious tournament, where I came to grips with the knowledge that I would always be a mediocre player at best, one that would never have the skill or dexterity to become a serious competitive player.

There was also Doki Doki Literature Club, which also evoked a visceral emotional response, but it was less sadness and more utter disassociation.

What’s something you like but nobody else does?

Cereal without milk is the first thing to come to mind.

What’s something you don’t like but everyone else does?

Having my picture taken. It's the worst. I especially hate selfies. I hate that it's a word that exists.

Do you have any guilty pleasures?

New Gundam Breakers. By all accounts a bad game. I still play it extensively. For context, the only thing I have left to do to get a Platinum Trophy for the game is play one match on quick play. That requires 5 other people in the same area as me playing the game at the same time and searching for a quick play match. I've owned the game for well over a year now. I still can't get that trophy.

What is your favorite holiday?

Whichever ones I don't need to work on and can enjoy with friends and family.

(OG) Saber, Rin, or Sakura?

I still haven't played Fate/Stay Night or watched any of the anime pertaining to it so I only have hearsay and Fate/Zero to go off of. That said? I heard Rin has an ending where she has Shirou and OG!Saber as her own personal harem and I have to respect the hell out of that kind of energy. Between that and all I know about Saber from Zero, the question feels less like "Saber, Rin or Sakura" and more like "who the hell is Sakura?"

And you can quote me on that.

Are there any bugs you like or at least don’t mind?

I'm assuming you mean, like, actual bugs and not glitches. I have a strict "I leave you alone if you leave me alone" policy with spiders. I'm not going to let cobwebs gather all over my home but I'm not going to kill a spider for existing either.

Say, when Pokemon Sword and Shield are officially released, which one will you get first?
I'm going to need more information before I really make a decision but probably Sword.

Parachutes or wings?
Yes.

I'm afraid of heights I will take no ****ing chances.

Mystical

Ysabel
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Allrighty here I go helping you reach your new goal and returning the favor.
  1. What's your favorite type of movie to watch?
  2. Are there any youtubers you watch that make fun of movies? Like Cinema Sins or others?
  3. What are some activities you enjoy doing with your wife?
  4. What roleplays interest you?
  5. Is there any type of character or character trait you find yourself playing a lot on roleplays?
  6. Since you said you like elephants, have you watched or would you watch Dumbo (either version)?
  7. Do you like Disney movies?
  8. Do you enjoy theme parks?
  9. What's your favorite ice cream flavor?
  10. Is there a favorite theme or genre you like to write about?
  11. What's your favorite Digimon?
  12. What's your favorite color or combination of colors of clothes to wear?
See ya!

The Griddler

Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Switch FC
SW-0956-0339-1010
Allrighty here I go helping you reach your new goal and returning the favor.
Hey! I appreciate it. I'll answer these to the best of my ability.

-What's your favorite type of movie to watch?

I have a soft spot for superhero movies, personally. However, I also watch more than my fair share of campy "so bad it's good" type movies like Rubber, Pup Star and Creating Rem Lezar.

-Are there any youtubers you watch that make fun of movies? Like Cinema Sins or others?

I enjoy Red Letter Media's Best of the Worst series, particularly when they do their Wheel of the Worst episodes where they take weird movies and select the ones they watch at random. There's been some real winners from that. There's a selection of other reviewers I watch on an occasional basis but I don't really watch the mainstream ones like Cinema Sins (who I find too nitpicky among other grievances) and Nostalgia Critic (who I've just stopped watching after #changethechannel).

-What are some activities you enjoy doing with your wife?

Watching movies together, particularly the kind of stuff that we can make fun of. We also roleplay together and do collaborative writing. There's also gaming of course, we can get pretty competitive. That's most of it, I think.

-What roleplays interest you?

As usual I consider my tastes fairly eclectic but generally speaking I enjoy urban fantasy (as in stuff like Persona, not Vampire Diaries or Supernatural, feel the need to make that clear) or sci-fi. I have a soft spot for Slice-of-Life but generally need some kind of hook to it to maintain my interest. I do not do RPs where characters have real life actors/models as "faceclaims" or "play-bys" or whatever you wanna call it. That just completely takes me out of it. 2D faceclaims or no faceclaims. That's my policy.

-Is there any type of character or character trait you find yourself playing a lot on roleplays?

I can't believe you're making me call myself out like this, but here I go. Traits commonly found in characters I roleplay:
  • Tomgirls and mtf girls.
  • Characters who on the surface appear to be jokey/memey characters but either the joke gets deconstructed, the joke gets played dead seriously, or you read a little deeper into the character and realize the humour is there to mask all the horrible ****. Think this.
  • In the same vein as the above, jokey characters that will 'get serious' when the plot demands them to be, while still maintaining the attitude they're known for.
  • Needless suffering.
  • Deconstructions of popular tropes that I find overused or have had bad experiences with in the past.
  • A lust for anime ***** probably.
-Since you said you like elephants, have you watched or would you watch Dumbo (either version)?

It's been an extremely long time since I've seen the original Dumbo, now that I think about it. I guess it just never really stuck with me as much as some other movies. That said, I do have a slight interest in seeing the new one but I don't know if I'll see it in theatres as I spent most of my theatre funds for the moment on Endgame. I think I have a couple gift cards for the theatre though, so... maybe?

-Do you like Disney movies?

On a case by case basis, sure. I don't know if I would say that I'm likely to like a movie just because it's Disney but I can't think of a lot of Disney movies that I actively dislike. (Frozen and Little Mermaid are the only two I can really think of off the top of my head.) Of course, I'm assuming that we're talking about the main Disney movies and not, like, the sequels. I don't know anyone that unconditionally likes those.

-Do you enjoy theme parks?

Generally speaking I'm a giant baby coward that can't deal with most roller coasters, thrill rides, heights, haunted houses, etc. That said, when I went to Disney World with my family I definitely enjoyed the Hollywood Studios park, with attractions like the Indiana Jones live show and The Great Movie Ride. So... there's definitely ways for me to enjoy theme parks. I feel like I enjoy the theme park experience more than any of the actual rides or anything like that. I don't know if that makes sense. I like the idea of going there, I like the idea of walking around and seeing everything, I like the idea of going to cool theme restaurants and just kinda snacking and people watching, but I don't like the idea of going on most forms of theme park rides. That said, I still find them fascinating from an outside perspective. I'll watch videos about theme parks all day and I definitely love theme park building games like Planet Coaster and Rollercoaster Tycoon.

-What's your favorite ice cream flavor?

Chocolate chip cookie dough, hands down. Runners up include chocolate fudge brownie, neopolitan, and vanilla. Yes, I love me a good vanilla ice cream sometimes.

-Is there a favorite theme or genre you like to write about?

I don't know, I like writing about a lot of stuff. Generally speaking my biggest desire out of a genre or theme is the freedom to write how I want to write, and most of the time I want to write about bombastic and energetic characters. With some exceptions - usually when I'm writing with my wife - I generally view the events of an RP through the scope of an anime or videogame and thus look for that kind of feel for my characters and their actions. Like, I don't want to write about a character that you'd find on a police procedural or a period piece or something like that.

-What's your favorite Digimon?

From a strictly design perspective, my favourite Digimon - hands down - is Ranamon. No, not Renamon, Ranamon. This girl:

I don't like her portrayal in the anime - like, at all - but Ranamon is hands down my favourite Digimon when we boil things down purely to looks. I'll admit, part of this comes from a lot of fond memories I have doing Digimon RP, where one of the most developed and used characters I had was partnered with a Ranamon (who was nothing like the anime Ranamon, obviously). I wish she had a more solidly themed digivolution line. I actually don't mind Calamarimon but she lacks a proper Rookie form and the canonical Mega level for the spirit of water - AncientMermaimon - lacks a certain synergy with Ranamon and Calamarimon that I'd prefer.

If we're going for design AND substance, then I'll have to give it to Wormmon and most of the digimon he can become, like Stingmon and Shadramon. I love Wormmon's design and his characterization in both the anime and Digimon Digital Card Battle really made me like him a whole lot more. (Despite DDCB referencing the anime and Wormmon being the Digimon Emperor's partner still, this Wormmon was considerably more driven and proactive during the Digimon Emperor arc and was essentially the only soldier the Digimon Emperor had and put in ****ing work accordingly.)

-What's your favorite color or combination of colors of clothes to wear?

My favourite colour is probably pink, but I don't wear it because it doesn't really look that great on me. As far as clothes go I generally wear dark colours: black, dark blue, dark green, brown, etc. Y'know, winter colours. I've recently been wearing more red because my wife says I look nice in red, and if I'm not gonna trust her judgement on what I look nice in, who can I trust? (It's worth noting that I also really like black, blues, greens, purples... I even like brown. So it's not like I'm not wearing colours I don't enjoy.)

See ya!

Hey, thanks for the questions. They actually provoked a lot of thought for me and I enjoyed bumbling my way through answering them.

Rockie

Dark Envoy
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Rockie
Time Zone
GMT
3DS FC
5043-2301-9525
Switch FC
SW-0094-9126-2724
IGN
Rockie
Once again you asked more question in my thread and are basically the only reason it ever gets bumped so I will return the favour a 3rd time!

1. I'm aware you're a fan of TTRPGs as well, tell me, who's your favourite character that you've created?
  2. Favourite DnD/Pathfinder Class?
  3. Do you have physical dice or do you use a digital roller?
  4. Most memorable critical? Crit Success or crit failure both apply.
  5. How do you feel about the alignment system?
  6. Ever experienced a TPK? If not, what's the most amount of deaths you've seen in a session?

That's all I can think of since I've exhausted most of my good ideas for Fire Emblem based questions but I will likely be back another day!

The Griddler

Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Switch FC
SW-0956-0339-1010
Once again you asked more question in my thread and are basically the only reason it ever gets bumped so I will return the favour a 3rd time!
Way I see it, we gotta help each other, right? I have fun giving and receiving questions, so I'm gonna make it a point to keep coming back to folks that give as good as they get.

-I'm aware you're a fan of TTRPGs as well, tell me, who's your favourite character that you've created?

I have a few. Let me list them off here:

Captain Stercus Blackwind, Tiefling Bard (5th edition DnD). A gentleman pirate searching for a ship and crew in a landlocked mining town in the middle of the continent, Captain Blackwind was a smooth talking, wise cracking, double dealing jackass with next to no scruples. He lied, he cheated, he stole, and he clapped back at the law at any given opportunity. He had a ****ty, beat up flintlock pistol that only hit its target on the best of days and was so thunderously loud that stealth was essentially a non-option for him. He (and by extension, me) sung insults at his enemies when using Vicious Mockery and would frequently make bald-faced lies to NPCs for his own benefit. For example: our first game we were walking along when a carriage was approaching in the distance. The party spent a few minutes trying to wave it down and get the driver to stop. Blackwind, losing his patience, took out his pistol and fired off a round into the sky. The loud noise spooked the horses, who now barreled headlong towards the Captain. They took a harsh swerve and crashed, with the passenger getting thrown off and the horses either dying or being irreparably injured. The Captain then promptly made his way to the passenger, took off his hat and told her that what happened was "a bloody tragedy, ma'am" and proceeded to utterly convince her that roving bands of Orcs in the area must have caused the noise that startled her horses. He got away with all of this. Captain Blackwind's quest was one of revenge: he was on the hunt for the man he served with who marooned him on a desert isle and sold his mermaid wife to what was essentially a mermaid brothel. He wound up going John Wick on the entire operation and shooting many, many slavers (while his party was in mortal peril, as he required a distraction to sneak into the brothel and thus dragged them into a bar fight while he snuck away.)

The Nameless Man (Savage Worlds: Deadlands). The Nameless Man was a wanderer and Huckster - a card sharp who has gained supernatural powers by playing Poker with the Devil. Money had long since lost value to him, his sole interest was experience. He wandered the West in search of stories: he would offer help to the downtrodden just to see how their story would pan out, or he'd make an outlaw's exploits more interesting with his supernatural assistance. The Nameless Man never spoke of his past, the only hint to it being his dodgy Louisiana accent. One night he won a lockbox in a game of dice - it had belonged to a man getting brutalized by thugs, and he gambled against them for ownership of the man's soul (his wager was ten dollars). That lockbox turned out to carry something much more valuable: the cursed gun belonging to the Pale Horseman of Death. Determined to keep the gun out of the hands of his murderhobo party members the wrong hands, The Nameless Man used his considerable wealth and connections to strengthen the lockbox. Literally that's all he used his money for. He was the wealthiest member of the party and the only thing he spent money on was the lockbox. And eggs. The Nameless Man really loved eggs. Eventually, the evils committed by The Nameless Man's associates drove him to drink. After a pointless bloodbath at the OK Corral he threw himself at the party in a drunken rage, killing the intended host of Death's Gun before being put down. However, The Nameless Man wasn't yet finished. As a crossroads demon, he subtly influenced the luck of the Pinkerton agent Henrich Sharpe, who finished his goal of murdering the murderhobo party bringing his associates to justice and stopping the apocalypse. They say that if you play your cards right, The Nameless Man might just sit at your table.

Princess Morgan Thrasir VI, Half-Elf Dragonfire Adept (DnD 3.5e). Not nearly as developed as the other two as the game's still ongoing, but the best way I can describe Princess Morgan is that she's the final/penultimate boss of a 16-bit fantasy RPG in her rebellious teenaged years. She makes edgy one-liners and boasts while incinerating enemies with her fire breath, she acts like a haughty, indomitable Empress... but she's very clearly in way over her head and has clearly not had anyone to talk to in a long, long time. She also gets as good as she gives, because for every genuinely cool and intimidating moment, there's another moment where she's falling flat on her face or being swarmed by rats or bawling her eyes out over the fact that Daddy never loved her. She tried to introduce herself using her full title once: it lasted almost the entire session and everyone had stopped listening after the first two posts. Probably because halfway through she just completely lost her ****ing mind. To wit:

Morgan pauses, her eyes glazing over slightly as she attempts - and fails - to process the linguistic intricacies of Calla's full name. After a moment of indignant befuddlement, she snorts loudly, smoke pouring from her nose like a very angry teakettle spitting out steam. "Yes, well, since you have offered your name and title so freely, I shall grant you the privilege of my own!" She declares, throwing an arm to the side as her cloak billows out in an ostentatious display of over-theatrical jackassery.

"I am Princess Morgan Thrasir, Sixth of her name, scion of fire and death, empress of despair, dragonblood, kingslayer, master of all that which draws breath upon this Earth! Just as the fish swims in the river and the bird takes wing, so too do I take dominion over all that which is kissed by the light and warmth of the sun, as is the sovereign right of my Draconic heritage, decreed by the ancient wyrms of-"

I mean, why are you still listening to this ****? You have better things to do with your life. Go outside. Hug a bunny. Kiss a girl in the rain. Eat cream cheese right out of the container. We'll be here to wrap this up when you're done.

"Imagine being a horse. Imagine being something so free and graceful. But horses are a fantasy and freedom is a myth, if we look upon the ugly veneer of Man then we know that horses do not exist, there is no such a thing as a horse."

-Favourite DnD/Pathfinder Class?

In DnD I'd probably give it to the Cleric or the Dragonfire Adept. I've only played a little bit of the latter but it's rapidly becoming my favourite thanks to its sheer versatility.

In Pathfinder I think my favourite would be the Witch. It's very underwhelming at low level but once you're further along it has a lot of really cool and flavorful stuff.

-Do you have physical dice or do you use a digital roller?

I have multiple sets of physical dice, I just like the colours and such. There would be days where I would go to the shop and pick out a set to buy just because.

-Most memorable critical? Crit Success or crit failure both apply.

Pathfinder, the party has been protecting a community on the run from a Hobgoblin army. We've started building things back into a real civilization and it's time to rally the people. Everyone takes turns giving speeches. I'm playing a Gnome Gingerbread Witch that was essentially a Baker caught in over her head, she's not dealing with the violence well and has been turning to drink to cope with the horror. I take a long sip of soda before speaking in my best Rick Sanchez impression.

"Now I'm, I'm -burp- not very good at speeches..."

I then trail off and walk away from the crowd.

Natural 20. Two NPC villagers are so inspired they take up Alchemy on the spot and gain a class level.

-How do you feel about the alignment system?

I feel like people simultaneously put too much and not enough stock in it. I think that it has a use as a tool if properly used but has been used improperly so many times that it should probably just not be used. -shrug-

-Ever experienced a TPK? If not, what's the most amount of deaths you've seen in a session?

Yes. It was extremely frustrating because of the way the rest of the party handled it. It was Pathfinder and we were a big party, around 6 or so and that was with absences. I was playing a Negative Energy Elementalist and that was cool. Blast dudes with negative energy and all that. We're wandering around when we find a kind of reverse cyborg: a robotic construct with a massive, swole organic arm grafted onto its body. We start fighting it only to realize that it has damage reduction that walls out most of our - poorly constructed - party. I can't even use my class abilities because it was immune to negative energy.

Some terrible tactical decisions ensue, our Ninja is dead because he's a Ninja, our Sorcerer expended all her spells downing the enemy wizard buffing the construct and got downed herself for her trouble. I'm one of the only people who can actually harm the thing... with my claw attack, which is weak.

I decide to go for it anyway. I charge in and start wailing on the construct. It senses my fighting spirit and goes for a grapple. I grapple back. I am now wrestling a killer robot. My character yells back at the rest of the party - who literally cannot do anything to help and WILL die if they stay - to run while he held the construct off.

They didn't run. One of them opened the door back up after I slammed it shut behind me (so that he could keep shooting arrows at it, despite having it spelled out to him that the arrows were literally NEVER going to harm the construct). Another one just walked into a nearby room with no other exit and jumped on the bed. Because lolrandom. Did I mention I was sacrificing myself for these idiots?

Naturally I lost Wrestlemania, although I had fun with it. The construct then challenged everyone else to the same thing, pointing at them and then jabbing his finger at the floor in front of him. When one of them refused to stand and fight and FINALLY ran away, they wound up running too far and literally circled the floor, entering the room the construct was in from the back. He got killed with a critical hit uppercut that turned him into a dark smear on the ceiling. The construct then promptly took everyone's belts and held them up high before reviving its master, who had been downed but not killed.

That's all I can think of since I've exhausted most of my good ideas for Fire Emblem based questions but I will likely be back another day!

Doesn't always have to be Fire Emblem stuff, I hope to see you again, I'm free to answer whatever.

DeepSeaPrincess

Pretty Voice
AKA
Athena, Any variant of that
Time Zone
PST
3DS FC
0920-1282-6394
IGN
Athena/Sirena Usually
Hey!

1. What's the greatest pizza you've ever had?
  2. Cookie or cream in an Oreo?
  3. Favorite tv show growing up?
  4. Who would you meet if you could spend an hour with anyone in history?
  5. What's your favorite type of villain?
  6. If you could choose any "lame" superpower, what would it be?

The Griddler

Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Switch FC
SW-0956-0339-1010
How about I return the favor to you...

Is a hot dog a sandwich?
You come into my house and inquisition me like this, how dare you.

A hot dog is not a sandwich. A hot dog is a sausage that never worked as hard or accomplished as much as the real thing but has somehow managed to lazily coast through life through sheer popularity and celebrity power while all the actual sausages get passed over. It's the Kardashian of tubed meats, is what I'm saying.

Although I guess if you put one in a bun that would be an open faced sandwich... a mediocre one.

Hello!

What's the greatest pizza you've ever had?

There used to be this place called Mr. Mozzarella in my hometown, which has a pizza that I think was called the Pizza Lover's Pizza, which was double cheese, double bacon, double pepperoni. On its own, that's nice. But it was the quality of the ingredients that really set it apart from other pizzas I've had. That and it was really generous with the cheese, which was nice.

Cookie or cream in an Oreo?

I don't care for the cream so much, so definitely cookie. I'm quite fond of the crunch they have.

Favorite tv show growing up?

I didn't watch many as I lived out in the boondocks and we had, like, 6-8 different channels that were actually watchable. As far as shows that have a lasting effect on me today go, I'd be narrowing it down to Pokemon, Digimon, Whose Line Is It Anyway? and MAS*H. I discussed the latter two in an earlier post, and the former were played a role in introducing me to anime and creative writing.

Who would you meet if you could spend an hour with anyone in history?

I don't need an hour. Give me ten minutes alone with Ronald Reagan and a blunt instrument.

But seriously, I'm not sure who I'd be most interested in speaking to. There's so many inventors, civil rights figures and philosophers that I can hardly imagine how my hour would be best spent.

What's your favorite type of villain?

Villains that give me a reason to want to watch them. It can be a villain that's particularly stylish and attention-grabbing from their behaviour or aesthetic, it can be a villain who has genuinely sympathetic, human traits and a sense of character depth, or it can just be a villain that feels fun to watch. I take exception to "force of nature" villains, the kind that lack a sense of personality or depth outside of 'evil, must be stopped'. I want my villains to be compelling for some kind of reason, and I want them to not be shoved down my throat like the writer is saying "See!? Look how evil he is, don't you just hate him?" The funny thing about characters specifically designed to be hated is that I wind up hating them. Funny, that. Above all else, I want to see a villain who you might not want to see win, but you do want to see more of.

If you could choose any "lame" superpower, what would it be?

If we're talking about superpowers that are merely perceived as lame by the general public... I'd probably go with Aquaman's powers. Aquaman still has something of a reputation of being super lame, but if you look literally any form of media that wasn't The Superfriends or mocking The Superfriends, he's basically Underwater Superman.

If we're talking about genuinely lame powers... I'd be happy with most of the stuff in CalebCity's Superhero Interview videos outside of the time stuff. Special mention to SWIIIITCH! and putting clothes on immediately upon contact.

Rockie

Dark Envoy
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Rockie
Time Zone
GMT
3DS FC
5043-2301-9525
Switch FC
SW-0094-9126-2724
IGN
Rockie
HEY GRIDDLE got some SUMMER themed questions for you:
  1. Would you rather go to the beach or have a picnic? (Or any other nondescript warm day activity)
  2. What is the most REFRESHING drink?
  3. Ice cream! Favourite flavour?
  4. How do you feel about storms?
  5. Favourite place to go on holiday/vacation, alternatively, favourite place you've already been?

And also out of habit gotta ask some fire emblem ones too:
  1. How've the recent banners been treating you? Got any pulls you've been excited about?
  2. Who are you hoping to get a Legendary alt?
  3. Who are you hoping will be a Mythic hero?
  4. How do you feel about Aether Raids?
  5. Where are Forsyth and Python smh intsys