• Smash Camp 2020

Smash Camp, an event that has run for twelve years, has started once again! Everyone who joins is separated into one of four cabins where you'll compete to earn points through various activities, such as flash games, tournaments, and other events. At the end of camp, the totals will be finalized, and the cabin with the most total points wins. It's an awesome way to have fun with your friends while meeting new people in the process, and is open to anyone, not just members of the Marriland Forums!

Pre-Camp has officially started, with Camp itself beginning on Monday. It will be taking place exclusively on the Smash Camp Discord, which you may join by clicking here. If you have any questions, feel free to join the server and ask - we hope to see you there!

Portfolio gylfie's Artwork - the journey continues

gylfie

you shouldn't have listened
hi it's been 84 years and all my image links are broken

i bought clip studio and its fun!

hmu if you play sky

i watched promare and lio's rampage was phenomenal to watch and the soundtrack SLAPS

consistent art style? idk her :///

juiccbox

local buffoon
AKA
Juice/Juice man
Art amazing as always. Love the colors in the first one

Typhlosion

Flaming Torch
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
US Central (GMT -6:00)
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
Better 84 years than 3,000 years, eh? All these pieces are great in spite of the different art style, or maybe even because of that. No two are the same but they all do a great job conveying tone in their own ways. You really nailed that.

gylfie

yall are too kind 🥺💕

more stuff bc we're all bored

some drawpile sketches from a while ago. pls if anyone wants to draw with me lmk!!! drawpile is rly fun i promise

im also really desperate to talk about the tower of god anime so if you're gonna watch that PLEASE msg me

yusufa dies in canon? irrelevant.
don't mind me slapping on filters and blend modes til the colours look right

oh also octopath traveler is on sale for half price rn so if you wanna know why i draw the characters so much, go buy it 👀👀👀

Last edited:

gylfie

funny how having a studio job means i actually have more time and energy to sketch for fun than i ever did in school.....
anyways new stuff I'm rly proud of!!!!

the alfyn one is referenced from this amazing cosplayer

1589080542436.png
1589080620882.png
1589080576528.png

1589080681428.png

i drew this last one because i finished a synth v cover i'd been sitting on for months. I'm really out here living my 16 year old self's dreams. if you wanna give it a listen id super appreciate it!!

Gokudera

Vocalist
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Devin
I'm late, but you have some damn good pieces here!
I especially like that mermaid crawling out of the water and the fire breathing fellow tied up. The lighting with the fire is great.
And the waves crashing against the shore in that 3rd mermaid drawing is phenomenal!

Last edited:

gylfie

ty devin!!! i spent so much time rendering the water there... it still stands as one of my favourite pieces 💕

been drawing a lot still so here are a few more things! mostly tower of god bc I've been watching it and it's so good....
1589582525845.png

(wip)

1589582582595.png

close ups bc i feel like you can't really see the characters. oops bad compositionnnnnnn

Typhlosion

Flaming Torch
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
US Central (GMT -6:00)
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
Come on, Darius, get it together man...

Megan, on the other hand, has already gotten everything together. You certainly could have fooled me that that's a work in progress. As for the lower pieces, I actually really like how the composition of the whole thing turned out. The zoomed-out shot along with the close-ups of the characters beneath it functions in my mind like a triptych.

gylfie

hm fair enough! originally i didn't include close ups so glad it ended up looking alright!

not sure if anyone will even be interested but I'm doing donation sketch commissions! I'll sketch a character/pokemon/pet of your choice if you donate at least $10 to any organization/fund in this document. Make it $20 and I'll colour it! Just send me a screenshot of your receipt please!

gylfie

been doing pet portraits in exchange for donations. if you want one done, just message me :winkazurill:

(no, i didn't forget to draw one of her legs)