Hello everyone!

Kaori

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Vee
Time Zone
GMT+1
I'm a new member to these forums but a long-time Pokemon fan. In fact, I've loved Pokemon for as long as I can remember. It started with the animated series and the cards but I eventually moved on to the games as well after convincing my parents to buy me an original DS.

I do remember the Gameboy and Gameboy Advance era but gaming wasn't as popular at my particular elementary school and I didn't own any other consoles, so I did miss out on the first two generations. Thankfully I got to play the remakes with FR/LG and HG/SS. By now I have played the original gen I and II games as well thanks to the virtual console releases.

While I'm a casual player in general, I do enjoy watching competitive matches on YouTube and I've done a few challenge runs/Nuzlockes over the past couple of years as well. I'm planning on doing more in the future and sharing my adventure log on these forums. ^^

Either way, it's nice to meet you all and I hope we'll get along!

Moxie

Veteran Ditz
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
League Champion
AKA
Daam
Welcome to Marriland! It's great to have a new member and I hope you have a good time!

I did actually end up playing the gameboy games when I was in elementary school myself, but I haven't really touched the original 2 gens so you've had more of a well rounded experience than me :faintedazurill: Any particular favorite from the Pokemon line up?

Competitive is a bit of a jump from casual, but if you ever want to try it out I do personally recommend it!

Nice to meet you~ Hope you enjoy your time here!

Bunnie

litle creacher
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
welcome, welcome! ^-^

nice to meet you, it's great to see new members join the forums (though i'm fairly new myself too :P)
i pretty much got into Pokemon by watching the anime as well, but i was also lucky enough to have a big brother that played the games, so i got into those too very early! I'd love to know though, what are some of your favourite pokemon? :3

hope you enjoy it here and feel comfy, it's a lovely place with lots of lovely people~

AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
Hihi!!! ^_^ It's always good to see long-time Pokemon fans here, I too started with the animated series and some of the cards but the games I've always been there for myself. There are lots of people who started with the GBA games, so don't feel bad about not getting to play the first two generations early on! Especially since as you mentioned they had the VC releases. ;'D But being a challenger, that's something I always like to see, that's part of what makes me want to keep playing Pokemon alright! Finding new ways to play the game.

But anyway, there are lots of people here to talk to who are always happy to have new members. So, don't be afraid to message me or anyone else if you ever need anything or just want to talk! I hope to see you around. :happyazurill:

Biohazard

Somebody is digging my bones
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Wiktoria, Lycoris
Time Zone
UTC+2
Welcome to the Marriland Forums! I also got into Pokémon via the anime too, with the Diamond and Pearl to be specific. I have fond memories of it. I hope you enjoy being here!!

Kaori

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Vee
Time Zone
GMT+1
Wow! Thank you everyone for the response! I didn't expect people to greet me back so quickly.

First of all, I'm glad people have had similar experiences as me with getting into the anime before the games. I grew up with the original Kanto arc so I am most familiar with the first 151 despite not having played Red/Blue when it was first released.

Secondly, the question of my favorite Pokemon is a tricky one because I don't really have one absolute favorite. I tend to favor the more 'cutesy' or 'elegant' looking Pokemon in general but I also like a fair amount of just cool looking ones. > < However, if I lived in the Pokemon world, one Pokemon I would definitely want on my team is Lapras. It's cute, convenient and has a great typing.

Kaori

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Vee
Time Zone
GMT+1
awww Lapras is so majestic, i really like it too!

i'd love to see you do a challenge run/Nuzlocke here btw, you should definitely go for it some time!
Thank you!

I'm actually planning on doing a Nuzlocke Scramble on Pokemon Fire Red! I've never done a Scramble before but I saw the general thread about it in the Pokemon Playthroughs section. I figured it would be a great way to get involved with this community, as well as try something new.

AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
Lapras? Hey, how about that! My second favorite of all time, only behind Scolipede :D Then again it is from what I feel a big fan favorite. And I'm not THE biggest fan of FRLG but I'd certainly be up for your adventure there, and maybe even give you a Pokemon for it. :P

~Kilza~

Contemplation
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
Hey Kaori! Welcome to Marriland! Always good to see a new face come and join us! Obviously I helped give you a Pokemon for your upcoming scramble run, so I'm interested to see what happens there. Hopefully you'll enjoy it here and stick around!

DeepSeaPrincess

Pretty Voice
AKA
Athena, Any variant of that
Time Zone
PST
3DS FC
0920-1282-6394
IGN
Athena/Sirena Usually
Nice to meet you! Welcome to Marriland! I'll check in on your scramble when I see it:)
Other than pokemon, what kinds of stuff are you interested in?

Scherzo

too lazy to change my title
Hello, Kaori! Welcome to the forums! It's nice to see another YLIA fan up here; I'm more of a Kousei but without all the drama haha. I see that you already found the challenge forums, so that's great, and I hope to see you post more challenges there! Hope to see you around, and I'll probably always read your posts in Kaori's voice, lol.

Solar

Loog Noog Supreme
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Hunter
Hi welcome! Your name reminds me of May's Japanese voice actress but probably isn't a reference to that hehe. Either way welcome and see you around ♥

Kaori

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Vee
Time Zone
GMT+1
Thank you for all your messages!

@DeepSeaPrincess Other than Pokemon, I enjoy anime/manga in general and I'm also a huge fan of the game 'Mystic Messenger'. I like to RP and draw in my free time. ^^

@Scherzo Yes! I binge watched it very recently and absolutely loved the series. My favorite girl is probably Emi (even though we didn't see as much of her), but Kaori has such a beautiful character design.

@Solar It isn't but good guess! It's the name of the girl of my profile picture. She's from an anime called 'Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso' or 'Your Lie in April' in English.

SAF

Child of the Musketeers (?)
AKA
Sania
Time Zone
+7 GMT
IGN
Sayo, Koh, Ami, Aevia, Chitose
Welcome, fellow newbie. Gimme a high five as a casual player ^_^/

And hey, another YLIA fan, eh? Let's not discuss its ending anywhere, 'kay? :winkazurill:

theDINOsaurus

Golden Flower
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Dino, Christy
Ooh, Mystic Messenger! Who’s your favorite character? :happyazurill:

Welcome to Marriland! I’m looking forward to getting to know you!!

Kaori

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Vee
Time Zone
GMT+1
@sanianisa High five~! I only finished the series recently and although I did know the ending beforehand, I will not spoil it for anyone else!

@theDINOsaurus Thank you for the warm welcome! My favorite character is Unknown/Ray/Saeran. All versions. (Cheritz stop giving my boy new names and personalities plz.)

Reactions: SAF

Luke Strife

"Long live the king."
Time Zone
GMT
Hello there new person! I hope you have as nice a time here as I'm having (new member too)!