Hello!! Old user from 12+ years ago

Bjh1414

New Trainer
Hello anyone who may stumble across this. I was googling some old memories and one came across my mind of this pokemon forum I use to venture in like 2007-2008 and couldn't think of the name. Finally saw marriland and it clicked that was it!

I couldn't recover my account or even remember which email I used, but what is so intriguing is that I could SWEAR that I use to like get random chances at pokemon in here just 1st gen, and you would have like a center to see which ones you have and everyone would trade pokemon or somehow sell them off in a way to get new ones... Anyone know what I'm talking about? Hope someone does. Please let me know or possibly a MOD who has been here for 10+ years. Thanks so much

Gokudera

Vocalist
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Devin
Oh wow! Welcome back! You're certainly an old timer lol (I've been here almost 11 years, I know the feeling).
I wasn't here for those tradeshops, but I've heard a lot about them, so I know they were absolutely around.

Anthrix

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
Greenwich Mean Time
IGN
Anthrix
Hi, welcome back! You've certainly missed a lot in the last 12 years. We've had three different forums, it's changed hands a few times and... Yeah, your email wouldn't have worked!

Feel free to get back into it if you want to, there's a few of us trading Sword and Shield stuff :).

Bjh1414

New Trainer
I just forget how the trade shop worked... I feel like I used to get random credits and "gamble" them for a chance at a pokemon. Oh wait thought flash I think they used to be in eggs... And you would have to incubate for a while or something... Someone fill in the pieces for me haha maybe a link to an old thread?

gylfie

rawr
Welcome back! It’s funny how people eventually come back here, even after that many years :)

Unfortunately you’d have to check the wayback machine for a thread like that. Anything prior to 2018 is gone otherwise :(

I definitely wasn’t around for that time so maybe we also had the egg system and stuff but I feel like the poliwager forums has something like that?

Typhlosion

Heart and Soul
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
US Central (GMT -6:00)
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
Hey there! It's awesome to see an old face returning to say hello. I'm impressed you found us again after all that time!

Unfortunately, I don't know anything about a giveaway system like that either. The next time @Slix checks in, he may be able to tell us if the Poliwager forums hosted something of that nature.

Diarkia124

Master of Jacks
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Andrew
IGN
Andrew
Hello anyone who may stumble across this. I was googling some old memories and one came across my mind of this pokemon forum I use to venture in like 2007-2008 and couldn't think of the name. Finally saw marriland and it clicked that was it!

I couldn't recover my account or even remember which email I used, but what is so intriguing is that I could SWEAR that I use to like get random chances at pokemon in here just 1st gen, and you would have like a center to see which ones you have and everyone would trade pokemon or somehow sell them off in a way to get new ones... Anyone know what I'm talking about? Hope someone does. Please let me know or possibly a MOD who has been here for 10+ years. Thanks so much
The random chance thing reminds me of the scratchers but I don't remember if you got pokemon from them. Then there was neopets. Forums back then were wild compared to today.

Slix

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Welcome @Bjh1414!

Poliwager Adoptables has an adoptable egg system (and is still around, was started in 2010 though, after your estimated time frame?). I do vaguely remember a forum system here on Marriland when I first joined (in late 2007) where you could earn points for posting I think and spend them on things like Pokemon, but it went away with the forum upgrade to phpBB 3 shortly after I joined so I barely got to try it. Maybe that's what you remember?