• Smash Camp 2020

Smash Camp, an event that has run for twelve years, has started once again! Everyone who joins is separated into one of four cabins where you'll compete to earn points through various activities, such as flash games, tournaments, and other events. At the end of camp, the totals will be finalized, and the cabin with the most total points wins. It's an awesome way to have fun with your friends while meeting new people in the process, and is open to anyone, not just members of the Marriland Forums!

Pre-Camp has officially started, with Camp itself beginning on Monday. It will be taking place exclusively on the Smash Camp Discord, which you may join by clicking here. If you have any questions, feel free to join the server and ask - we hope to see you there!

Hi.

God

a Mess
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
AKA
Alex
Time Zone
EST
Yo. For those of you that remember me - hi. I didn't put my name in my profile nor will I be putting it in this post, but if you know my name - feel free to call me it, I'm curious to see who actually remembers me and/or will recognize me.

Yeah I need a less toxic community because I'm sick of having a stress migraine nearly every day lol. Actual migraines too and I'm lucky if pain pills help. ._.' So that's why I'm back, it was a bit of a recommendation too.

I'll mostly be afk or posting in discussion threads, so don't mind me too much, don't take it personally if I seem cold, I don't have hard feelings towards any of you, even if you're affiliated with the toxic community I speak of. :P I'll be posting paintings as I finish them as well, so feel free to wait on those too. I am working on two 3' by 4' paintings (yes, 3x4 feet) and a few smaller, less extravagant ones (like button/quote paintings, things I can sell locally easily hahaha). Been working on one of them for 10 months now, and I have changed the entire concept once (minus the big turtle in it.) and I am doing a more minor overhaul of it shortly. The other one I have been working on for... ... a month? I wanna say a month. That one is gonna stay secret until it's done. ♥

I'm trying to more or less rehabilitate myself in personality, being in a toxic environment creates a toxic person. Diving into toxicity makes you a toxic person. Being toxic is toxic. I want an antidote. So again please don't take it personally if I respond more professional and less, loose? My meds also don't help in changing that, lol.

I'm mostly happy though that I'm seeing so many familiar faces, it's good to see lots of those. Even people that come to my profile and recognize me, almost soothing in a weird way. I'll try to stick around this time. I wanna say "don't count on it" but I don't think it's something you really should weigh as a probability, nor is it likely that I'll leave, just a very small chance.

So yeah, good to see y'all again. I'll probably get back into signature making too, since I still have a knack for that, even if I lost all of my resources they're not too hard to make or find.

seaturtle

Spirit Bridge
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Chris
Time Zone
MST
Switch FC
SW-3906-8627-4487
hey alexo, it's been a while!! im not a super artsy person but i always enjoyed seeing your paintings so ill try and poke in on 'em sometime. i remember you were painting aurelion sol a while back, cant remember if i saw the finished painting tho. also you're working on something with a turtle now??? 👀

also im excited to see ya in smash camp!! its gonna be a blast :D

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
Hey Alexo! Welcome back! I hope you'll be able to find salvation within Marriland, since yeah, it's not fun to be within an environment that makes you a worse person. Definitely good that you do recognize that, though, and are trying to do something about it!

Dregran

Shocking Trainer
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
UTC +10
Omg hello!! I'm glad things are going smoother for you now than before. You deserve a break.

Hope you have a fun time on here and in Smash Camp!!

God

a Mess
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
AKA
Alex
Time Zone
EST
Honestly I myself am trying to be less active here and doing more irl, but if you want to talk or anything just send me a DM or anything! I'm glad you're doing well!
Tysm. <3 Glad to see you Isa.

hey alexo, it's been a while!! im not a super artsy person but i always enjoyed seeing your paintings so ill try and poke in on 'em sometime. i remember you were painting aurelion sol a while back, cant remember if i saw the finished painting tho. also you're working on something with a turtle now??? 👀

also im excited to see ya in smash camp!! its gonna be a blast :D
Aw thanks. <3 Yes I finished it, I finished it March 2018 10 months after I started it.
I am - it's a space themed painting.

Thanks <3 It didn't start off the best but I had fun with the dailies once I understood them through the frustration

Hey Alexo! Welcome back! I hope you'll be able to find salvation within Marriland, since yeah, it's not fun to be within an environment that makes you a worse person. Definitely good that you do recognize that, though, and are trying to do something about it!
Yeah, it's been a lot of coming to terms with the truth the last several months. Particularly the fact that yes, a lot of my issues are completely my own fault. Or at least I exaggerate them a lot. League kickstarted me into that bad place, but I made it worse. Yknow?

I'm still hoping that some day Scott Gelb will get fired and they'll redo the punishment system to be more manual, because they're not a small indie company. 🤔

Welcome back! It is very good to see you again!
Thanks <3 Good to see you too, glad you're still trucking around.

Omg hello!! I'm glad things are going smoother for you now than before. You deserve a break.

Hope you have a fun time on here and in Smash Camp!!
Thanks! I'm still relatively unhinged I'll be honest. But I'm doing a lot better. <3 I'm really trying to remove myself from toxic environments completely and League is getting REALLY REALLY bad as weeks go on, it's taking a massive toll on my mental health especially since breaking the TOS is involved in my semi-job. lol