How did you get your username?

Kirichaki

Monokuma appears!
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Curry, Clam
Time Zone
EST
This is one of my favorite things to find out about people, what is the story, if there is one, behind your username? Are you uncreative like me and just use your name or is there something more to it?

Biohazard

Cool Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
well, i was searching for a name for my character, and lycoris was one of them. chose it as my username because it sounded cool

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
Let me take you back to late 2006. I was tired of my old username and I wanted a new one. I ended up deciding to just use my name, but it looked like it was missing something. So I added tildes to the front and back of it, and it ended up looking right to me. So I changed my username to ~Kilza~ and it's stuck ever since.

Last edited:

smoky

afterglow
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
mine is really simple. smoky quartz is a character from steven universe and it used to be one of my old usernames. i changed it on azurilland when i returned, but i wanted to go back to it because it’s just so me and molly would probably have a stroke if i didn’t change it to smoky too

colours

Regular Trainer
AKA
Angie/Angelica
all i can say is that my username fits my personality, so it's become my default online name in most places.

basically, im a colourful person. n.n

Mazerakuh

Junior Trainer
I completely invented it. I just wanted something which sounded barely Japanese and I came out with this.

Mirage

Pokemon Master
AKA
Drake, Mirage, Izzy
Time Zone
(UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada)
Ok, so I got two usernames. My main one is "KIL-Drake", and my forum one is "Mirage".

First, my main one: I always thought my initials were super cool. Heck, I still think my intials are super cool. What person's initials spell out the word "KIL"? I figured since it was so cool and unique, I might as well use it in my usernames, so I did. How did I get the "Drake" part? Well, I'm a huge Naughty Dog fan, and when my dad and I were out shopping in Costo one day and we saw a PS3 bundle that included Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, we obviously couldn't pass it up (this was waaaaay back in 2006 btw). So, after a while I played the game and fell in love with the game, especially the main character Nathan Drake! It was love at first sight basically. So, after playing for a months, in 2007, I decided to make a PSN account, and since I wanted to use my initials, I wanted to use a second name to go alone with it. I really loved the name Drake anyway, and since one Nathan Drake is one of my favorite characters, I decided to use his last name and attach it to my own. Reason why I use a "-" to separate the two names is because when I was in 5th grade, I learned that when you combine two last names (like when you get married, as was the case with my main 5th grade teacher), you separated them with a "-", and since Drake was also a last name, I found it to be a perfect reason to use the "-". It was as if I was calling my self a part of Nathan Drake, in a way, by taking up his last name. So there you go. Obviously stuck ever since.

Now the story behind my forum username: Well, before I even got FireRed version, my brother got LeafGreen first. I got so invested in Pokemon as a video game franchise, that when he went to the Elite Four, and battled them, I wanted to make my own Pokemon Champion. So I made one. Fast forward a little bit later, and I learned that the second and thereafter time around, the Elite Four got stronger and each had slightly different Pokemon than before. So, I decided to look for those sheets of paper that I created my Pokemon Champion on and updated him. I then decided to give him a name: Mirage. Yes, my forum username came from a character I made in 2004. 14+ years ago and counting. Obviously I always remembered him because I thought he was such a cool concept: a Psychic type trainer whose signature Pokemon is Lugia. I didn't wanna let go of that cool concept, and now, he's forever a part of my history.

So yeah, those are my stories of how I got my two usernames.

Last edited:

shhmew

❤ ❤ ❤
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Katey
someone recently asked this on my ama so i'll just copy pasta response
so about 6 years ago (wtf dam it's been a while) i was with some friends and we saw a license plate that said SHHMOO. for some reason we thought it was sO heckin hilarious and we kept whispering to eachother "shhh.........moo" and every time we passed some cows in the car we'd lose our ****. So I started making it my username on places, starting with Draw My Thing that we would play together (dunno if anyone knows or remembers that game). But I started finding that Shhmoo was usually taken, so I changed it to Shhmew, since I love cats (and also happen to love the pokemon mew so it works out in that sense too). that's about it i've just used it ever since.
it's basically my second name now. i can't imagine ever changing it

Lauren

D:
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
It's my real name. D:

It was quite nice being able to use it, actually. Usually I can't because it's such a popular first name and it's usually taken by the time I sign up to a forum.

theDINOsaurus

Golden Flower
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Dino, Christy
there’s really not much of a story for my username but i use the thesaurus so I was just like... thedinosaurus... because puns are good. I capitalized the DINO part to make the pun more obvious but I think it’s still really easy to miss lol

It’s also a reference to a writing roulette story I started off in creative writing club in high school because it was about dinosaurs

Wheegalure

Big Gamer God
Staff Emeritus
People of Play Counselor
AKA
Nick
wiggler, like the mario enemy, but spelled weirdly

Revan

Wound in the Force
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Ravey, Steve
Time Zone
US Central Time
He's one of my favorite Star Wars characters, not much else to it. People think it's a misspelling of "raven" sometimes, especially since my first username was Raven610 after the bird and my birthday.

Godot

Coffee Drinkin' College Student
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Connor
Time Zone
Central Time
My original username was Wisemimir, because Mimir was the figure of Norse myth that watched over the well of wisdom. Then I changed it and it's been Prosecutor_Godot ever since. Chiefly because I'm still Wisemimir every but the forums, and Godot is my favorite prosecutor in the entire Ace Attorney series... Followed closely by Franziska Von Karma and Egdeworth.

SiNofTheAbyss

Anime Cthulhu
AKA
SiN, Mal, Shiny
Time Zone
EST
IGN
Sin (US)
It's actually a pun (who would've thought?).

Y'see, on an old Discord server that I'm no longer a part of, I became the mod for a specific character on an ask blog. His name is Korekiyo Shinguji. I jokingly made the pun Korekiyo SINguji about him after some of the stuff that occurs in canon, and the Sin just kinda stuck.
The capitalization of the "N" in "SiN" was my own idea, because I thought it looked cooler.

As for the "KingCrim" part. . . My current avatar, as you might guess, is a Stand from the series JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. Specifically, it's the Stand used by the main antagonist of the fifth part in the series, and its name is King Crimson. It's made a lot better by the fact that an anime adaptation is currently airing for part 5.

I'll probably change my username next year after the current part's anime finishes airing.

Pendraflare

Resident Jawn
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
This was a name that I first used on PokéCommunity in fall 2014. A combination of “Pendra”, a take on Scolipede’s Japanese name, and “flareblitz37”, another former name of mine there. Combine them and you have one fiery toxin!!!

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Benjamin, James, Pemderp
Time Zone
UTC -8 (Pacific Time)
3DS FC
3540-0538-1086
Switch FC
SW-1778-2704-5495
IGN
Benjamin
Neb is short for Nebby and is my nickname backwards. I thought of it because “Pemderp” was starting to sound a bit silly to me.

Lazuli

✧ Star Fish ✧
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Kaity and Bijou
Time Zone
GMT -6
3DS FC
3840-6615-2879
IGN
Kaity, Bijou, Lapis, or Lazuli (depends on the game)
I just pick a name I like and am willing to stick with it for a period of time. Everyone calls me Kaity anyways so there is really no huge story behind any of my usernames over the years.

Last edited:

seaturtle

Spirit Bridge
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Chris
Time Zone
MST
Switch FC
SW-3906-8627-4487
i've had a few names over the years but seaturtle is probably my favorite :hmmazurill:

i had the username CeTerTel (pronounced the same as sea turtle >:P) for a while, and it was a reference to something I grew up with, but tbh I kinda grew away from it and didn't really want to have it as my username anymore... so I changed it to Bolin (after the character in The Legend of Korra). after a while though, i decided to go back to my old name (without the reference, just seaturtle) cuz i love turtles and it seemed fun :squirtle:

Ape711

not infected by dragon virus
AKA
Andrew, Ape, Aep
Time Zone
Central Standard Time
Switch FC
SW-4903-4757-9682
IGN
Andrew
my initials (A.P.E.) + my birthday (July 11 aka 7/11)
also ape is just really cool

Dragonite

have they found the One Piece yet
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
3DS FC
4682-8983-8215
Switch FC
SW-8460-1905-2708
IGN
Dragonite, usually
I really like Dragonite. The name was unclaimed on a site I joined in 2012. It wasn't exactly a long and difficult decision.

Two or three of you have known me by other names, and a few others may have found me by accident, so here's a list.

- My original YouTube username was 2andaHalfStooges, whatever that means, where theoretically I was one Stooge, my little brother was another and the half was some combination of my sister and dog. We played games like everybody else and it was the least comedic thing ever.

- After that came Dimenticare, which is the Italian "to forget." Which was apparently hilarious when I was like fifteen. I stuck with that one for a little while.

- Dovahnite is a juvenile mash-up of Skyrim's dovah ("dragon") and dragonite. I think I use this on like Thuum.org, on Steam for like four months and just about nowhere else because not many people would get it.

- DragoniteSpam is the alternate username I use when just Dragonite is taken (which it usually is on the bigger sites). I like it because it's a bit of a jab in the eyeball to the wannabe Pokétuber community, where names are almost without exception [pokémon name]+[my horse is bigger than your horse].

Last edited: