How did you get your username?

ninetales

Advanced Trainer
Staff Emeritus
I invented mine out of random thoughts. I wanted a unique name, for art reasons.

SAF

Second Violinist
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
AKA
Sania
Time Zone
+7 GMT
IGN
can be whatever
As for myself, I simply use my name, but not without a twist: merging the last letter of my first name and the first letter of my middle name. In this case, it's the last "A" from "Sania" and the first "A" from "Anisa", hence "SaniAnisa".

Solar

Loog Noog Supreme
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
My original forum name solarlunarxiii came from my love of the juxtaposition between the sun and moon—light and darkness—two opposite forces living in harmony. XIII came from Organization XIII in Kingdom Hearts. I shortened to Solar because people were calling me that, and I loved the name and what it meant to me. I was also tired of people saying "hey solarlunar"/"hey solarluna"/"solarlunarxii" so I wanted to make it known that HERE—I am Solar :arceus:

Dizzy

Happy Home Showcaser
AKA
Rowlix
Time Zone
CST
I change my username a lot. I can never really decide on one. However, I decided to be 'cool' and go with the trend of one word quick names, and decided on the silliest one I could come up with. Seriously, how many of you would want to be associated with dizziness?

Nuuk

lilfella
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Creative Soul
AKA
lizzy
nuuk is the capital of greenland and idk i just like it

originally my name was pizzey i dont remember why as that was now over a decade since i came up with it, probably it was because it was close to lizzy but just different enough. nuuk was also my fictional gay sun with rainbow hair initially.

when i "came back" to the internet after a year or two i decided to start going by nuuk instead as it was a bit more androgynous as i dislike making my gender obvious to people im not close with

twiggysnake

Rocket Executive
AKA
stardacat, Fancy
Time Zone
Eastern Standard Time
IGN
Fancy
My current username is supposed to represent my love of turtwig and snivy, but my old one is just my cat's name.

DeepSeaPrincess

Pretty Voice
AKA
Athena, Any variant of that
Time Zone
PST
3DS FC
0920-1282-6394
IGN
Athena/Sirena Usually
My username represents my love of fairy tales and the ocean. I guess it's a continuation of my old ones, haha.

Thundawave

♪ Aroma White ♪
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Thunda, Regine
Time Zone
EST
3DS FC
4184-1904-4290
Switch FC
SW-2896-2294-7693
IGN
Regine
Mine came from being bad at nicknaming Pokémon. When I was about thirteen, I needed a nickname for my Shinx. Being the uncreative person I was, I was going to nickname it Thunderwave - but the ten-character limit existed! So the "er" just got shortened to an "a." It worked out much better as a username than a nickname when I started creating accounts on Pokémon sites.

I have since gotten better at nicknaming my Pokémon. Maybe. :thonkazurill:

Bones Barlow

Ghost with the Most
AKA
Bones
Time Zone
EST/GMT -5
3DS FC
5370-0907-5084
Switch FC
SW-0851-1998-5587
Copypasted from my AMA:
'Bones' is just because skeletons, while 'Barlow' is a reference to one of my favorite novels, Stephen King's "Salem's Lot", where the main villain is named Kurt Barlow. I came up with it during a brief period where I considered using it as a pen-name for writing horror since it's honestly more believable than my actual name, and it grew on me fast when I started using it online.
It's gotten to the point where I think of myself as Bones as much as I do my actual name, and I'm kinda fine with that.

Diarkia124

Master of Jacks
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Andrew
IGN
Andrew
I thought it was super cool and creative to combine the name of Dialga, Palkia, and Darkrai since they were the title Pokemon in The Rise of Darkrai. Then I thought it would be cool to add numbers so typed out 3 random numbers and 124 was the result.

Kirichaki

Monokuma appears!
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Curry, Clam
Time Zone
EST
Now that I had finally come up with a username instead of just my actual name a few weeks ago I decided I wanted to use it on here too. Basically, this name is a mixture of my three favorite characters of the Danganronpa series, Kirigiri, Chiaki, and Maki. I love the way the word Kirigiri sounds which is why I decided to use Kiri instead of Kyoko despite using the first names of the other two.

shhmew

❤ ❤ ❤
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Katey
Now that I had finally come up with a username instead of just my actual name a few weeks ago I decided I wanted to use it on here too. Basically, this name is a mixture of my three favorite characters of the Danganronpa series, Kirigiri, Chiaki, and Maki. I love the way the word Kirigiri sounds which is why I decided to use Kiri instead of Kyoko despite using the first names of the other two.
i came to this thread to ask you where the new name came from lol. chiaki is precious

Reunilu

Reddest of Mages
AKA
Shaymin, Nagi
For a while, my username was ssshaymin. Something about the scene in Giratina and the Sky Warrior made me think that naming a boat after Shaymin was cool. So, S. S. Shaymin.

My current username came from a journal that I read from an artist on deviantart. She doesn't exist anymore since she had a habit of stealing art ideas or something like that, all I remember now is that she illustrated a cover for a Touhou circle called Babbe. Anyway, she said that a name for herself was cute and sometime later I was trying to come up with a new username and remembered that journal + I really like Reuniclus. So I took some of the consonants out of Reuniclus and made my username.

Fafrir

Guardian
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ashley, Scraftato
Time Zone
Saskatchewan
3DS FC
5215-0457-5124
Switch FC
SW-5955-0028-4991
IGN
Spoony/Salsa
My previous username was Scrafty because it was (and still is) my personal favourite Pocket Monster and I thought it would be fun to have a Pokémon name on a forum. Nowadays, I just wanted a change as I felt it can be restricting in terms of matching avatar choices.

My current username is the combination of Fafnir and Fenrir, two creatures from Norse mythology. I decided to use it fourish years ago because I prefer shorter usernames without numbers and I use it almost everywhere.

Coldnx

Ice-Type Enthusiast and Jynx's 1# Fan
AKA
Icey
Well, my name is a combination of just the word 'Cold' and the last two-letters of Jynx's name. 'Cold' because I like winter scenery and Ice-type Pokemon and 'Nx' for JyNX. It's nothing special, but it's interesting how all you have to do to create a nickname is sit down, take some time and mix around a bunch of words and form your own name.

Moxie

Veteran Ditz
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Daam
Well my current name kind of represents something I've been kind of lacking pretty drastically all my life. Moxie is synonymous with Courage, Grit, Determination and sorta a force of will and it's just something that I really wish I personally had more of personality wise. So the name is sort emblematic of what I strive to be in the future! Possibly meaning when I have a bit more of Moxie in my life, I might change both my discord name and this name
Plus it flows well...
And it kinda works since It's a well established Pokemon ability ^^;

Cynical Toast

Queen of Gamers
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Caroline
Time Zone
EST
Switch FC
4099-4174-0519
I was 13 years old, trying to think of a hilarious new username. I somehow came up with Cynical Toast, and being 13 I thought the name was very random and super funny. It's been quite a few years since then, I'm not really sure how much I like the name, but it's the one I have and I'm sticking with it.

neoratz

i wish squids were real
AKA
Katey
Time Zone
EST
i've rebranded myself several times already, i actually only switched to this last year after thinking it over for a bit! i think i'll be sticking with this one for a while though. neoratz is just something i came up with when i was 7, i made it up when i was signing up for neopets :B it's literally just a combination of neopets, rats because i like rats, and a z on the end instead of an s because everyone knows z is the most epic letter. idk what made me want to go back to a username i used once when i was 7 but i'm super attached to it!

Moonwatcher

/人◕‿‿◕人\
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Shruikan, Moon, ScrollWyrm
Time Zone
BST
Well, Moonwatcher is a character from a book series call Wings of Fire who I relate to very much, being shy and nervous, constantly worrying about what other will think of her, etc. Plus she's a dragon, which are awesome to begin with, and it's kinda close to my previous name here, Moonlight Dragon.