Dreamer of Faith
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Star; Sara;
Time Zone
GMT + 1
3DS FC
5413-1220-4222
I got to this username because, well, I needed a new one for a game, and I just decided that the Dutch word of shining would fit perfectly with me. I stuck with it ever since, no regrets given! :D I've been told it fits my personality as well, nearly all the time, and yay

Luke Strife

"Long live the king."
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Time Zone
GMT
The first community forum I was ever a part of was one centred around the various products of the RPG Maker franchise, and I wasn't too sure what identity to create for myself. I just called the account Cloud Strife after the main character in my favourite videogame at the time (Final Fantasy VII), plus I thought it was apt considering it was an RPG forum. About a year or so after that I didn't like how impersonal it felt and thought it was kinda lame that I had just copied a character name, so I fixed both of those issues by just replacing Cloud with my real name. Luke Strife has stuck ever since, and it's the account name I use for literally everything. I was quite proud that it was so unique, there was a time when I could type my username into Google and literally every single result was one of my accounts somewhere on the interwebs.

Sidenote I'm glad this thread exists, I find it just as fascinating too. Every one of them is a unique story, no matter how minute or important that may be.

Mudkip_Mishchief

Goodbye
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Carson, Mudkip
IGN
bbop
Well back on Azurilland (as many of you know) I went by Sceptile or SceptileShenanigans. When I found out we were transitioning over to Marriland, I was really upset and confused. I started thinking if I wanted to change my username, and decided I did as I felt like a lot about me changed in my 9 months on azi. Anyways, I came to the conclusion that I would change my username, but not drastically. Mudkip_Mishchief is what came to mind, so I stuck with that. Fun fact, the Treecko in my profile pic along with the mudkip is meant to signify that even though I've changed a lot in the past year, I won't let myself forget who I am.

Kyogre386

Regular Trainer
AKA
Chris
Time Zone
UTC-05:00
My original Genius! username was from my Sapphire save, where for the first time I decided not to use Chris for some reason and decided Genius would be good ironically. The exclamation point was to exactly fill out the character limit.

My current username was actually kind of a mistake. It was meant to be Kyogre382, Kyogre being my favorite Pokemon and 382 being its Pokedex number. But I accidentally mixed it up with the number of Pokemon as of Gen 3, 386, when putting it in, as that number has long stuck with me (It was Gen 3 when I joined the original incarnation of these forums). I decided to just keep it because it still kind of works, and now I've pretty much propagated it everywhere.

Master Magics Five

「ハイウェイ・スター」
AKA
Efflore, BloodClaw
Time Zone
EST (UTC -5:00)
Switch FC
SW-4046-4239-6610
i've arrived at this one because of an attempt at good self-image, it's just the line between cowardice and bravery, and cowardice is one of the major things holding me down, so i think just quietly living with at least unfounded courage is good. my others just lie around because they sound(ed) cool.

Typhlosion

Tempered Steel
Rainbow Rocket Executive
Cult Classic
League Champion
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
US Central (GMT -6:00)
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
My username simply comes from the fact that Typhlosion is my favorite Pokemon, and an explanation as to why that is so comes from my AMA:
The very first Pokemon game I ever had was HeartGold, and I chose Cyndaquil as my starter. Being unfamiliar with Pokemon games, I fell victim to the widespread noob strategy of only training/using one Pokemon for a while, which was my starter Pokemon. That Cyndaquil eventually evolved into Typhlosion and, since it was so overleveled, it destroyed most everything in its path. And since then, nothing else has been able to come so near to my heart.
For over five years, before the transition to these forums, my username was Awesome_Typhlosion (and a lot of people here still call me AT from that). I was young when I made that, so of course I needed an overstated adjective, but I got to liking the way it looked less and less. The move gave me a chance to change that without sacrificing the nostalgia of that name.

Mystical

Dragon Spirit
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Cult Classic
When I first joined, I had a pic of a Dragonair gijinka and her Dragonair as an avatar, so from that, people associated me with Dragonair. I had isa125 as my username back then, but I decided I wanted my new username to be capitalized.

I decided to use Dragonair as part of my new username, and went with the format adjective_noun. And Dragonairs just seem so elegant and graceful, so I chose the term Mystical. So I became Mystical_Dragonair.

Then for a brief period, before Azurilland closed, I switched to Dawn Dratini, but it didn't stick xD. I had switched my discord name to Mystical Isa and some friends called me Mystical. I liked how it looked and sounded.

Finally, as this new site opened, I decided to stay with the Mystical part of my username and nothing else. And here we are ^-^ and I love the name tbh so I don't plan on changing it.

Last edited:

Varhii

Shaggy Webber
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
AKA
SG
Time Zone
EST
Shadow Gengar > Shadow_Gengar
This username was something I thought up when I was something like nine cause I thought it sounded really cool. The underscore got added in the switch to Curse due to them not allowing spaces in usernames on there. A lot of people still call me SG because of this.
Sylvia > Sylviku > Sylvabella
This was during a time where i had no idea who I was like most people do at the ages of 13. It's not something I really look back fondly on. The name cam from Sylveon.
varhII > Varhii
Basically the username I currently use. I thought it up when I was first getting into League of Legends. It's a corrupted version of the name Ahri. It was supposed to be Vahrii, but I made a typo and decided that I like the sound of it a lot better. I occasionally decapitalize the first letter and capitalize the two I's if the uppercase I's have the lines at the top and bottom.

Biohazard

Cool Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
I have Biohazard as my current username because I like Poison-type Pokemon and Poison-type is my 2nd favorite type, so I wanted to use an username that goes well with my fondness of them. Plus it sounds cool. :o)

Felly

not in love tonight
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Cult Classic
In the cardboard box in front of your house.
AKA
Audra
Time Zone
EST/GMT-5
I used to go by Fire Element Lord when I was a kid (in addition to like 10 other names because I couldn't decide on a name I'd liked), and people would call me FEL for short. One person asked if they could call me Felly, I said it was fine, and then everyone else started calling me that, so it just kinda stuck with me over the years.

There was a brief period of time recently where I changed my name to Mistral, after one of the characters in the .hack// series and also the first username I'd ever used online, but I decided to go back to Felly because a lot of stuff I use still has Felly attached to it, and it was just easier that way.

Tetsuya Gengar

iTranquilo!
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Seto-san
Time Zone
Central Standard Time
I picked the name Tetsuya Gengar because Tetsuya Naito is my favorite Wrestler and Gengar is my favorite Pokemon and so I combined the two. Plus, I found a sweet avatar pic and knew I had to go with the name.

Grunt Beavie

The Magma Grunt with a Dragonite
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Beavie, Beavs
Time Zone
Atlantic Standard Time
3DS FC
0705-6289-4703
IGN
Cali
Grunt is me joining a criminal organization.

Beavie, as I have mentioned before, is a play on Beaver. For a long time, I was known as "CanadianR" online which was a combination of my nationality and my initial. Part of it was a Beaver avatar (because it is super Canadian) and it merged into a joke of me being a Beaver. Then people started to call me Beaver/Beavs more often, so I took it, added the IE and it has been my online internet personality for some time and I don't see myself changing any time soon.

BasedJarrod

The Ruler of Space and Time
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Jarrod
Oshawhat?
This was the OG username I went by on a defunct forum I joined back before Black and White were released. I had chosen Oshawott as my starter when the game came out and thanks to the adorable artwork pre-release, the usage in game, and the Oshawott character in the anime, I was able to say that Oshawott was my favorite Pokémon at the time. And the -what? part was just a play on words that I thought I came up with (was 11/12 at the time). Eventually the ? was dropped.

XxOshawhatxX
After the switch to Curse, I believe the ? was unusable, so it got dropped. And simply being called Oshawhat felt naked to me. Around this time I played Call of Duty Black Ops and Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3, where a lot of usernames had the Xx xX on their name, so I incorporated it into my name. And I still use that name for various things, like my nickname in Pokémon GO. It’s been a name that stuck due to personal growth and memories attached to it.

Rhize
Very short lived, Rhize was a name I just found cool for a short time in 2013/2014 due to an online game I was addicted to at the time. This was also the time when my forum activity dropped, so there wasn’t any time spent growing attached to the name. It eventually shifted back to XxOshawhatxX.

BasedOshawhat
After a hiatus from the forums that lasted a good 1.5/2 years, I made what I thought would be a return to the forums in 2018. Come to find out Marriland was shutting down and they had started a Discord server, which was just more efficient. So I bided my time because a new forum was coming. When November 1st hit (because the greedy mods/admins wanted all the first posts the day before), I made my account. The Based part was incorporated because on Discord I had started going by TheBasedJarrod. But also I wanted people to remember me, so I took Oshawhat, performed the fusion dance, and BasedOshawhat was born.

BasedJarrod
As I entered into the new year, I decided to part with some of my old memories. Oshawhat? was one of them. I was way more immature, naive, and younger at the time and that’s not what I thought of myself at the time I decided to change my name. BasedJarrod is a shortened, cleaner version of my Discord name, which incorporates my real name. Though every now and then I get people who call me Osh or Osha in remembrance. I like BasedJarrod a lot more, and who knows? Maybe it’ll see another change before I leave for good in the far future.

Gokudera

Vocalist
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Devin
Blastoise123-->Blastoise
Blastoise is my favorite Pokemon, so I decided to use that as my username when I first joined almost 11 years ago (I had to check Azurilland to make sure that's right because I cannot believe it's been THAT long) because I couldn't think of anything better and I just wanted to start posting. I originally had 123because just Blastoise was taken. After a while, I was able to change it to Blastoise because that account had never been used (thanks, Houndour ^_^).
Hydrocannon (twice)
I had started using Hydrocannon years ago on a few other smaller Forums because it's a powerful move used only by Water starters, and because I thought it sounded really cool. I still use that in most places, including Steam.
Melodious Nocturne
Demyx's title in the Kingdom Hearts series. I used it for a year because I had just beaten Kingdom Hearts 2 for the first time (very late to playing that game, obviously). I really liked the way it sounded, and, as frustrating as Demyx's boss fight is, I felt fantastic after beating him.
Gokudera/GokeyPokey
Based on Gokudera Hayato, from Katekyo Hitman Reborn, my favorite character in anime. GokeyPokey was a nickname first given to me by Solar, and one that I loved, and still do. I went back to Gokudera when Marriland first came out, but I still love GokeyPokey, and most people still call me Gokey lol.

Dregran

Shocking Trainer
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
UTC +10
Terry
A long time ago, I chose the username "Terry" since I had a username that started with "T" that was lame and too long. When I joined Marriland I was called "terry152". I don't remember what the 152 refers to or signifies.
"TerryD" just uses the second initial of the lame long username I used to have.
"Terry_Karzahni" just adds a really cool character form BIONICLE - I use "karzahni" as my username in some places.

Volkner
I liked Volkner in Platinum 'cause he was as cool and I wanted to be cool too.

Dregran
Through fondness of Dragon Booster and Dragon Age I became "Terry Pendragon" on another website. Rearrange "Terry Pendragon" and you get "Dregran Entropy". Pretty cool sounding tbh. I was too lazy to keep the second word in other places so here I am.

I once tried to be "Dregran" everywhere, for consistentcy. Now though, I just pick a character name and go with that.

Last edited:

Killua

New Trainer
Time Zone
UTC-4
Killua is one of my favorite anime characters, just that :cheekyazurill:

Silver

Ice Ice Baby
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Christian
Might as well indulge.

Back on the old site, I wanted my username to be Shadow (after the hedgehog) since he is one of my favorite characters, but I think that was already taken at the time. So to compromise, I added another one of my favorite characters to the mix, being Silver (the Pokémon rival), and joined as SilvertheShadow. Eventually I had to trimmed down to just “Silver” to be less of a mouthful and more recognizable (and people called me Silver for short anyways), and the rest is history.

At some point due to various reasons I decided to change my username to Crystal. I thought it was kinda clever since 1) like Silver, it was a name for a Pokémon game/character to some extent and 2) due to my name being Christian/Chris sounding similar to the username. Once I came back here I decided to back to Silver.

Null

#1 Yuqi fan <3
Time Zone
AEST
IGN
Aevis/Cube
mastermind1511: i was obsessed with crime dramas. 1511= 15/11 = nov 15 = my bday
phoenixgryffindor: uh i had a harry potter phase
alolan_absol: i wanted an alolan absol so yea lol
type_null: self explanatory.
null: shortened my name lol