Discussion How do you come up with new ideas?

ninetales

Advanced Trainer
Staff Emeritus
What inspires you to create your artwork? Maybe you find a render that really speaks to you? Or start engaging in a new medium?

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ben
Time Zone
UTC -8 (Pacific Time)
3DS FC
3540-0538-1086
Switch FC
SW-1778-2704-5495
IGN
Benjamin
Seeing an interesting animal, especially one from my state, inspires me to make a Fakémon of one. Otherwise, I struggle to get inspired.

gylfie

you shouldn't have listened
uhhh i draw a lot of fan art so usually i just draw what i want to see the characters doing or what i think would be a cool pose.

i also draw when I'm out and about so whenever something catches my interest or just looks really nice, i try to replicate it or at least capture the essence of it in my sketchbook.

my original stuff, rare as it is, sometimes ends up being things that I'm trying to sort out within myself. one of my more recent characters was entirely based on how i was feeling after a certain thing happened. i've also been writing and drawing designs for a comic i'd like to make one day, and it's essentially just my way of working through my thoughts and feelings.

most of the time though my original stuff is "hey you know what would look cool? if i drew a character with this hairstyle/outfit/look/pose" haha