How do you deal with negative feelings?

Mudkip_Mishchief

Goodbye
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Carson, Mudkip
IGN
bbop
If I'm feeling anxious I'll try to flip it on it's head and make it something positive. Normally, I'd slam my fingers on the edge of a flat surface or hold my breath till it hurt if I was especially anxious, but instead I'll take that compulsion to do something negative and do a little dance or sing a song. Even if its in front of my coworkers, It's better and less embarrassing than how I'd normally respond. If I'm dwelling on something sad/regretful, or am just really down in the dumps I'll talk to my girlfriend or a close friend. Usually it's not even about whats stressing me that I'll talk about tbh, just talking to someone is calming. I also might go on untimely bike rides, or do pushups at 3 in the morning to take my mind off something

Bunnie

litle creacher
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
to be honest I have such a laid back view of pretty much everything that I pretty much never feel intense negative feelings, or if I do they go away pretty quick without me really doing much about them. in my view I would prefer to have a good time than dwell on bad things, and i'm lucky in that that just seems to work.
yeah, you're lucky to be like this naturally! but i think everyone should try to adopt this mindset. there are bad things and good things, and we have a choice in which we hold onto and give our attention to.

If I'm feeling anxious I'll try to flip it on it's head and make it something positive. Normally, I'd slam my fingers on the edge of a flat surface or hold my breath till it hurt if I was especially anxious, but instead I'll take that compulsion to do something negative and do a little dance or sing a song. Even if its in front of my coworkers, It's better and less embarrassing than how I'd normally respond. If I'm dwelling on something sad/regretful, or am just really down in the dumps I'll talk to my girlfriend or a close friend. Usually it's not even about whats stressing me that I'll talk about tbh, just talking to someone is calming. I also might go on untimely bike rides, or do pushups at 3 in the morning to take my mind off something

oh, definitely a better way to cope yeah, hurting yourself wasn't good. :/ i'm gonna take your example on this as well, and try to not act on negative feelings in harmful ways, cause that always ends up making things worse and generating new negative feelings! thanks for sharing ^^

Last edited: