how do you sleep at night

shhmew

❤ ❤ ❤
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Katey
this was asked by bowser on discord but he hasn't made an account to post a thread so iM DOIN IT

what position do you sleep in? on your side, on your back, tummy, etc

also is there anything else you need to sleep, maybe some noise, maybe you can't stand noise, maybe it must be cold, maybe you need exactly 2 pillows. i wanna know (´•ω •` )

Lazuli

✧ Star Fish ✧
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Kaity and Bijou
Time Zone
GMT -6
3DS FC
3840-6615-2879
IGN
Kaity, Bijou, Lapis, or Lazuli (depends on the game)
I need silence, blankets, and I need to be warm

Pantheon

Right. On. Cue!
Staff Emeritus
Back or I won't fall asleep at all.

Nick!

Big Gamer God
Staff Emeritus
People of Play Counselor
AKA
Nick
on my back and i need silence or close to silence. i also really struggle to sleep if there is a significant amount of light... sometimes ive stayed up too late and taken forever to fall asleep cuz of the light coming in the room

ninetales

Advanced Trainer
Staff Emeritus
I hate falling asleep, my contacts and mouth guard are both really unpleasantly uncomfortable, and my meds make me so unsettled and restless. I wish I could just immediately knock myself out.

I need to be hugging something to go to sleep though, in winter I'll hug a pillow, in summer I'll just bundle up and hug the blanket. Also, I have to listen to music when I go to sleep, otherwise I can stay awake the whole night contemplating life.

Dregran

Shocking Trainer
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
UTC +10
I sleep on my stomach. I can't fall asleep any other way. I can sleep in light or dark. Silence is easier to sleep to but noise doesn't really bother me if I'm tired.

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
Just copying my answer from Azurilland over to here:
I will usually sleep on my right side in the center of my bed. I end up having a fan going as well to cool my room and to help provide some noise, since it's always been tough for me to fall asleep without some sort of background noise. As well, something that I stopped doing for awhile but picked back up a year and a half a bit over 2 years ago is having my TV on while I try and fall asleep. It's just one of my DVDs playing and I set it to shut off after an hour, but it has helped me fall asleep quicker.

Mudkip_Mishchief

Goodbye
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Carson, Mudkip
IGN
bbop
I have a hard time falling asleep most nights. If it try to go to sleep too early, I'll just lay there staring at the backs of my eyelids. So, I usually just stay up till super duper extra tired, and take 9-12 milligrams of melatonin to fall asleep

smoky

afterglow
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
i sleep on my stomach. it's supposedly really horrible for you, but it's also super comfortable. i have to listen to asmr or else i can't sleep at all. i need two really firm pillows, and a fan in the background when i get sleepy enough to take off my headphones and go to bed. i eat a lot before bed too i know that's not good either but i get really snacky before bed :/

i saw somewhere that some people watch/listen to bob ross before bed and i tried it one time but i got sooo distracted by the painting lol

Kirichaki

Monokuma appears!
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Curry, Clam
Time Zone
EST
I sleep on my side and I almost always listen to a music or a podcast when going to sleep. It is very hard for me to fall asleep without noise and I need at least a tiny bit of light. I also get very paranoid at night so I pretty much have to hold something as I go to bed to stop from getting overly nervous...I'm a pretty complicated sleeper to be honest.

shhmew

❤ ❤ ❤
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Katey
i switch sides like 7 times before i fall asleep... growing up i would sleep on my stomach but as a teen it was really really irritating my jaw (i have TMJ) so I started getting used to sleeping on my side. Now I switch from one side to the other, to my stomach, to sometimes my back, to another side, to my stomach again, I just move around sooooo much before finally falling asleep unless i'm super super tired. I just try not to actually fall asleep on my stomach since it makes me sore, and I can't fall asleep on my back for some reason. idk why it's so complicated for me!!! also i keep a pillow between my legs when I sleep so that my knees don't touch while I'm on my side. i think it helps my back, too.

i need a little bit of noise when falling asleep, i just moved and don't have a fan or anything in this room so i've been playing music from my phone. i have an app that turns off the music after an hour and that's rly nice. until recently i would sleep with something on my tv a lot too because i would do that as a kid and it makes me feel super nostalgic and cozy and safe.

i can't sleep if it's super cold............... if it's too cold in my room i sleep with my heating pad lol. looking into just buying a heated blanket soon

i don't need pitch black darkness to sleep, in fact i prefer a little light.

also i've been sleeping on super hard surface for p much my entire life. a super hard box spring, a futon, the floor, now a foldable japanese futon thing that might as well be the floor. i need like a mattress topper or something!!!!

ALSO i always hug a plushie!

my sleeping situation is not great lol dam why is this post so long WTF

JustCallMeBB

idiot
AKA
BB
Time Zone
Eastern Time
Switch FC
SW-8517-4377-3302
1) sleep on side/back, people who sleep on their stomachs cannot be trusted
2) ceiling fan running, as long as i'm not moving the air around me has to be
3) blankets, baby
4) body pillow but no anime
5) pitch black or ambient light
if ANY ONE OF THESE conditions are not met..... I just close my eyes and fall asleep anyway!! street rules

Thundawave

♪ Aroma White ♪
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Thunda, Regine
Time Zone
EST
3DS FC
4184-1904-4290
Switch FC
SW-2896-2294-7693
IGN
Regine
I sleep on my side - doesn’t really matter which one. White noise or quiet is fine for me right before bed, but I will not fall asleep if my surroundings are too loud. I’ll have however many blankets needed to be comfortable, though I tend to bundle up lighter than most.

What’s really affected by light and noise, however, is my ability to wake up. I am extraordinarily sluggish if it’s raining outside when my alarm rings.

Sometimes I have unintentionally napped while watching a video lying down. However, I can’t use that strategy to sleep on a daily basis because I charge my phone at night - it’s an iPhone 7, and I’ve complained about that enough.

Bossvelt

Inactive
Rainbow Rocket Executive
I can sleep on All sides and don't have a preference I think

There is this weird thing though whether at night or my sleep before I went to work (night shift) I would have trouble doing it unless I had the exact circumstance of a fan for background noise
However it could only be the fan if I heard a tv or people talking I could not fall asleep same for dogs barking
But when it comes to sleeping during the day or when I wasn't going to work I could just pass out easily even if all the other stuff was happening
it is wild

Dragonite

have they found the One Piece yet
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
3DS FC
4682-8983-8215
Switch FC
SW-8460-1905-2708
IGN
Dragonite, usually
Badly. I either get way too little sleep (t<7 hours) or way too much (t>10 hours). Also, back or I don't sleep at all, which means when I get on an airplane I get to enjoy every minute of the five-hour trip sitting upright in a sardine can while everyone else on the flight is sound asleep.

Everything else is kinda secondary, although falling asleep right next to a foghorn or flood light might be a bit hard.

SiNofTheAbyss

Anime Cthulhu
AKA
SiN, Mal, Shiny
Time Zone
EST
IGN
Sin (US)
I tend to sleep on my back or my sides. Usually I'll fall asleep on my side, but wake up on my back from having moved around in bed.

Uhh, I can fall asleep in moving vehicles pretty easily, too. I sleep particularly well during long car rides or plane rides.

I can sleep with or without my music playing, and it honestly depends on what kind of mood I'm in if I do fall asleep with it.

Uh, I also have a tiny security pillow from when I was tiny that I still keep with me. . . It's kind of embarrassing.

DozerZigashi

Junior Trainer
Sleep? What is sleep? I have only heard about this activity in myths. /s

Seriously tho, I need some background noise. I usually throw on some netflix or a YouTube series. I fall asleep on my side, but always wake up on my stomach. Which has been killer on my back the last few weeks since I've had to sleep on the floor because my futon broke.

Nuuk

lilfella
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Creative Soul
AKA
lizzy
i have difficulty getting to sleep as my nose is often plugged, or im thirsty, or my bf is snoring, or i cant find a comfy position. i sleep in whatever position i can pretty much.

recently got new pillows after using the same pillows for like 20 years and its greatly improved my sleep quality

theDINOsaurus

Golden Flower
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Dino, Christy
I sleep on my stomach... sort of. That's basically the only position I can fall asleep in, but I wake up on my side or my back. If for some reason I DON'T turn in my sleep I wake up with a very sore and stiff neck which is a big hawyee, but this only ever really happened during like school trips when I had to share a bed in a hotel room with someone. I can sometimes fall asleep on my side, but never on my back, which really sucks when I'm congested because I can't sleep if I'm on my back and can't breathe in any other position. :upsidedownazurill:

Sounds while I'm sleeping are ok, but only certain sounds. When I was a kid, the sound of a ticking clock would keep me awake when I slept over at a friend's house. Now that's one of the sounds I've learned to sleep with. Same with a fan, but a particularly noisy one might keep me up. If a TV is on, I will not sleep. As a kid I slept with music on, but that's a huge nope now as well.

Light isn't really a big problem for me these days because night shift lol.

As far as temperature goes, my preference is for it to be cold so I can snuggle up in my blankets, but for whatever reason I always get really warm later in my day, so I usually end up sleeping with a fan on. Sometimes the goal of this is just to make it cool enough that I can sleep under a blanket though, lol.
I can sleep on All sides and don't have a preference I think

There is this weird thing though whether at night or my sleep before I went to work (night shift) I would have trouble doing it unless I had the exact circumstance of a fan for background noise
However it could only be the fan if I heard a tv or people talking I could not fall asleep same for dogs barking
But when it comes to sleeping during the day or when I wasn't going to work I could just pass out easily even if all the other stuff was happening
it is wild
Interesting... Idk if this is the same thing but I can fall asleep with a lot more going on the morning after work typically. I mean, my issue with sounds around me normally is that I get distracted and start thinking which keeps me from falling asleep, but I guess I'm tired enough after a 12 hour shift to just ignore everything lol.