• Smash Camp 2019

Smash Camp, an event that has run for eleven years, is back again! Everyone who joins is separated into one of four cabins, but it is not divided up by where you come from. It's an awesome way to have fun with your friends while meeting new people in the process. Participating in events earns your cabin points, and the winners of each event will win their cabins extra points. At the end of camp, the totals will be finalized, and the cabin with the most total points wins.

The events that take place vary greatly, from flash games, to scavenger hunts, to artistic events, writing events, or even events involving popular competitive games such as Pokémon Showdown and Super Smash Bros. If you are interested in participating, be sure to sign up here!

How open are you about liking Pokemon irl?

Cordovah

New Trainer
In elementary school I'd always bring my Gameboy to class and play during lunch and whatnot. Nobody seemed to care. In the first couple of years of high school I knew better than to bring my DS to school but after the end of grade 11 I've been pretty open about liking Pokemon IRL! It's such a huge part of my early life and still a pretty big part of my current one! No shame whatsoever :)

shhmew

insolent pup
LFokaDC
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Katey
i know there's a popular meme about this, but it is so irritating how everyone is so excited about pokemon in like middle school, then way too cool for it in high school, then you get to college and discover everyone's still super into it lmao

Moonwatcher

Darkness will rise to bring the light.
LFokaDC
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Shruikan, Moon, ScrollWyrm
Time Zone
BST
I came in to work on my first day wearing a Blastoise hoodie. 'Nuff said.

Sebastian

Regular Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
cameronfedora
When I was in middle school, I was really quiet about it because everyone around me thought it was stupid and 'for kids'. I once exclaimed that I was excited about the new Pokemon game (I think it was Pokemon Black or the sequels) and some boy just said 'Nobody cares.' and I got embarrassed.

I was also pretty quiet about it in early highschool. But as I matured I realized
  1. Who cares what about people think?
  2. Pokemon is awesome so I don't have to be embarrassed
So now I LOVE pokemon loud n' proud. However, I don't go into huge detail about Pokemon every time its brought up because sometimes the people I'm with don't know much about it so I try to respect their limited knowledge and relate to them on the basis of the few pokemon they do know (Like Pikachu and Bulbasaur). But I'll usually mention that I'm obsessed with Pokemon and I have all the games so if they're a fan too we can talk :)

Rockie

Dark Envoy
Shrimp Squad
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Rockie
Time Zone
GMT
3DS FC
5043-2301-9525
Switch FC
SW-0094-9126-2724
IGN
Rockie
I wish I didn't care what people think but I'm horribly insecure and don't like people knowing how much of a colossal, unsaturated nerd I am.
If people walk up and talk to me about it though that's a different story

Felly

a firework
People of Play
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Cult Classic
In the cardboard box in front of your house.
AKA
Audra
Time Zone
EST/GMT-5
I don't remember how open I was about it when I was a kid, tbh. Probably in elementary school, I was open about it, middle school I wouldn't have talked about it too much unless I knew someone else that was into it, and high school was when I lost interest in Pokemon for a lil while and really only participated on Pokemon forums. I got back into Pokemon in college though, and I'm a lot more open about it now than I was when I was in grade school. I don't always shout it to the world, but I'm also not afraid to make posts about Pokemon related stuff on Facebook or discuss it with people irl.

DeepSeaPrincess

Pretty Voice
AKA
Athena, Any variant of that
Time Zone
PST
3DS FC
0920-1282-6394
IGN
Athena/Sirena Usually
I have a Pikachu shirt I wear frequently, so I guess that answers that...