• Smash Camp 2019

Smash Camp, an event that has run for eleven years, is back again! Everyone who joins is separated into one of four cabins, but it is not divided up by where you come from. It's an awesome way to have fun with your friends while meeting new people in the process. Participating in events earns your cabin points, and the winners of each event will win their cabins extra points. At the end of camp, the totals will be finalized, and the cabin with the most total points wins.

The events that take place vary greatly, from flash games, to scavenger hunts, to artistic events, writing events, or even events involving popular competitive games such as Pokémon Showdown and Super Smash Bros. If you are interested in participating, be sure to sign up here!

I probably answer stuff here.

Felly

a firework
People of Play
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Cult Classic
In the cardboard box in front of your house.
AKA
Audra
Time Zone
EST/GMT-5
And by probably, I mean I most likely will unless it's too personal or I just don't feel comfortable answering it. That'll probably be unlikely, but if it happens, I'll say as much.

So ask me questions, and I'll answer 'em!

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
LFokaDC
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Benjamin, James, Pemderp
Time Zone
UTC -8 (Pacific Time)
3DS FC
3540-0538-1086
Switch FC
SW-1778-2704-5495
IGN
Benjamin
How were you first introduced to Marriland?

Favorite Pokemon type?

Felly

a firework
People of Play
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Cult Classic
AKA
Audra
Time Zone
EST/GMT-5
How were you first introduced to Marriland?

Favorite Pokemon type?
Oh gosh, I can't even remember. I think I was just joining Pokemon sites on a whim and Marilland was one of them, but I was never really super active or involved until now. I got more into it when I did Smash Camp a couple years ago, and remembering the people from Smash Camp and knowing that I'd walk in here already knowing people made me want to come back here and hang out with y'all.

My favorite Pokemon type is Fire!

Dregran

Shocking Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Staff Emeritus
Time Zone
UTC +10
Yo!

Where does the username "Felly" come from?

Felly

a firework
People of Play
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Cult Classic
AKA
Audra
Time Zone
EST/GMT-5
Yo!

Where does the username "Felly" come from?
Yo!

Way back in the day, I used to go by Fire Element Lord, or FEL for short, and back when I was in a gaming clan, one of the members called me Felly and it just kinda stuck. I tried to change my name and go back to the first name I ever used online, Mistral, but I wound up going back to Felly just because I'd been with it for so long and there are some things I can't change the name on without making a new one (Reddit and Nintendo, I'm looking at y'all) and some things cost money for me to change and I'm a broke girl (Battle.net, I'm looking at you).

Rockie

Dark Envoy
Shrimp Squad
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Rockie
Time Zone
GMT
3DS FC
5043-2301-9525
Switch FC
SW-0094-9126-2724
IGN
Rockie
G'd'evening! I have stir-fried several questions for you o' Felly

1. What's the worst injury you've ever had and how did you get it?
  2. What's your favourite Pokemon story?
  3. Favourite childhood movie?
  4. Least favourite colour?
  5. Biggest pet peeve?
That is all! Have a WHIMSICAL evening

Felly

a firework
People of Play
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Cult Classic
AKA
Audra
Time Zone
EST/GMT-5
G'd'evening! I have stir-fried several questions for you o' Felly

1. What's the worst injury you've ever had and how did you get it?
  2. What's your favourite Pokemon story?
  3. Favourite childhood movie?
  4. Least favourite colour?
  5. Biggest pet peeve?
That is all! Have a WHIMSICAL evening
And I have stir-fried several answers for ya!

1. The first one that pops to mind is when I bent one of my toenails back my senior year of high school, right before homecoming. I was wearing flip-flops to school one day because the weather was nice, and I was hanging out with one of my friends in her classroom before school started. It was one of the portable classrooms, and the door collided with my foot at some point (I forget how now). Didn't realize I had any sort of injury till I noticed my toe was bleeding, so I went to the nurse (also before school started) and got a band-aid, put it on, and went through the rest of the school day. Got home, looked at it while my mom walked over to Taco Bell for lunch (I got out of school early because I had 3 classes that day, but I planned on going back to school for after school activities, so I just went home for lunch), realized my toe was bent back, freaked out, showed my mom, and she just straightened it out. Hurt like crazy, and I wore a band-aid on it for a lil while, but my toenail is otherwise fine now and you honestly wouldn't even know it had happened if you looked at my feet.
  2. There was one a friend of mine a long time ago wrote that I forget the name of, but it had Anabel as one of the main characters. I haven't read it in years, but it sticks out as one of my favorites. There's some other stories that some of my old friends wrote for the RPG we were all part of before we went our separate ways, but I can't remember the names of them either. Mainly all fanfiction though.
  3. Harry Potter hands down.
  4. I don't think I have one? I think I just have colors I'm feeling more right now than others. If I had to pick one though, I think I'd go with green. I'm not really feeling green anything right now.
  5. Customers on their phone at checkout, especially when they get mad when their transactions mess up because they're not paying attention to it. Like, just get off your phone for 30 seconds, please. Also customers who are rude for no reason and prank callers because apparently that's still a thing in 2019.
I hope you have a whimsical evening as well!

Felly

a firework
People of Play
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Cult Classic
AKA
Audra
Time Zone
EST/GMT-5
Hello, I will bump this for love and attention and questions. c:

The Griddler

Mermaid and Robot Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
PuppeteerMask, MystletainnKick
Switch FC
SW-0956-0339-1010
Your AMA is on the front page and I haven't posted in it yet. You know what happens now.

Bagpipes: yay or nay?

Felly

a firework
People of Play
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Cult Classic
AKA
Audra
Time Zone
EST/GMT-5
Your AMA is on the front page and I haven't posted in it yet. You know what happens now.

Bagpipes: yay or nay?
I remember you talking about asking everyone about bagpipes in their AMAs, haha. I'm glad I finally have it in my own AMA! ♥

To actually answer your question though, bagpipes are pretty cool. They had a bagpipe player as a part of my college graduation as we walked across campus to the venue, and it was a solid 5 minute walk that this guy played bagpipes. 10/10 would listen again.

The Griddler

Mermaid and Robot Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
PuppeteerMask, MystletainnKick
Switch FC
SW-0956-0339-1010
I am back with more questions, as promised!

List the Harry Potter movies from least to most favourite. Go into as much or as little detail as you'd like.

Who's your favourite Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher? (If it's Lupin like I'm going to assume based on your avatar and signature, give me your second most favourite too so this doesn't feel like a stupid question. :upsidedownazurill:)

Who's your favourite student from each house?

Who's your favourite League champ to use in each position?

Is there a champ in League that you really like as a character but would never play for reasons?

If you were to design a skin for your favourite champion, what would it be and why?

Felly

a firework
People of Play
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Cult Classic
AKA
Audra
Time Zone
EST/GMT-5
I am back with more questions, as promised!

List the Harry Potter movies from least to most favourite. Go into as much or as little detail as you'd like.

Who's your favourite Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher? (If it's Lupin like I'm going to assume based on your avatar and signature, give me your second most favourite too so this doesn't feel like a stupid question. :upsidedownazurill:)

Who's your favourite student from each house?

Who's your favourite League champ to use in each position?

Is there a champ in League that you really like as a character but would never play for reasons?

If you were to design a skin for your favourite champion, what would it be and why?
  1. Goblet of Fire - I dunno, I didn't really like the book, but a lot of Goblet of Fire just feels like it's teenage angst and kinda filler, I guess?? It has some good parts, like Moody transfiguring Malfoy into a ferret, but for the most part, I'm not really a huge fan of it.
  2. Half-Blood Prince - I feel like I went into this movie with high expectations, thinking they'd talk more about the Lupin/Tonks relationship and all that, but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE. I put this higher than Goblet of Fire though because I feel like there's more comic relief in it, which is always much appreciated in the dark times.
  3. Sorcerer's Stone - I think it's just because the actors are younger in this one, but they just feel extra annoying in this one. I like watching it, but it's not really up there in my favorites.
  4. Chamber of Secrets - This one just isn't super memorable for me. It's probably tied with Sorcerer's Stone. I don't love it, but I don't hate it either.
  5. Deathly Hallows part 1 - I just didn't really feel super attached to this movie. Don't get me wrong, it was good, but I just didn't really enjoy it completely either.
  6. Order of the Phoenix - Umbridge makes this movie, hands down, but I really wish they would've shown the career counseling stuff. Seeing McGonagall and Umbridge go at it would've been the dream.
  7. Prisoner of Azkaban - Lupin is one of my favorite characters in the series, but I have to put Prisoner of Azkaban second from the top because I feel like giving Harry the Firebolt at the end was kinda weird.
  8. Deathly Hallows part 2 - The Battle of Hogwarts was such a beautifully filmed battle. I really loved the set up for it and how you got to see so many different types of magic in action. Also, keeping Molly's signature line from the books was 10/10. Never seen a theater so hyped for something in my life.
I'm not sure where I'd put the Fantastic Beasts films in that list, but I will say I liked both of those movies too! It's nice to see a different side of the wizarding world outside of Hogwarts.

My favorite Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher is indeed Lupin, but my second favorite would probably have to be Moody, even though he was actually Crouch Jr. in Polyjuice form. It was just nice to see professors that actually tried to teach the students useful information.

For Gryffindor, I'd actually have to go with Neville just because I really liked how he grew up throughout the series. For Ravenclaw, it'd have to be Luna because I really like her quirky style and how she's just not ashamed of it at all. For Hufflepuff, I'd have to go with Tonks because she was also unapologetically herself. And for Slytherin, I'd have to go with Snape because I really liked how he kinda broke away from the stereotype of "all Slytherins are bad guys" and actually turned out to be a good guy, even though it wasn't in the most ideal way.

Top: Garen and Teemo
Mid: Ahri and Lux, but I've been enjoying Kayle mid lately too
ADC: Ashe, Corki, Miss Fortune, and Sivir
Support: Sona, Soraka, and Leona
Jungle: Master Yi and Sejuani

Mmm, there's a lot of champions I like in League, mainly mid laners. In normals, I'll play anyone because I don't care as much if I do well on a champion or not, but in ranked, I'm a lot more picky about my champion selections. I think if I had to choose someone, I'd go with Yasuo. I really like the concept of him as a champion, but I'm really hit or miss with him when I play him, and I'd probably never take him into a ranked game. Viktor is another one that has a neat concept, but I also can't play him well at all.

I really like poros, so I feel like I'd give a champion a skin centered around poros. Corki, but with poros, or Teemo, but in a poro costume would be pretty neat. Academy Quinn also sounds neat, where Valor is an owl.

DeepSeaPrincess

Pretty Voice
AKA
Athena, Any variant of that
Time Zone
PST
3DS FC
0920-1282-6394
IGN
Athena/Sirena Usually
  1. What is your favorite type of dessert?
  2. Is your cardboard box comfy?
  3. If you could stay at any tourist destination free for up to a month where would you go?

Felly

a firework
People of Play
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Cult Classic
AKA
Audra
Time Zone
EST/GMT-5
  1. What is your favorite type of dessert?
  2. Is your cardboard box comfy?
  3. If you could stay at any tourist destination free for up to a month where would you go?
  1. I like a lot of desserts, tbh, but if I had to pick one to be my favorite, I'd probably have to go with cheesecake. Can't go wrong with a good cheesecake. I also really, really, really like ice cream. Even if it's freezing cold and snowing outside, I like ice cream.
  2. It is very comfy, yes, thank you for asking.
  3. Hmmm. I've always wanted to go to London, so maybe there? I have family in the Canary Islands too, and the pictures I've seen of it are really nice, so that'd be a nice place to go to too! Disney World and the Wizarding World of Harry Potter would be nice too, but I'm not sure I'd need a whole month for both of those. I think I'll go with London because they have Harry Potter stuff there too, plus I can always travel to other places within the country easily from there.

Rockie

Dark Envoy
Shrimp Squad
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Rockie
Time Zone
GMT
3DS FC
5043-2301-9525
Switch FC
SW-0094-9126-2724
IGN
Rockie
It is the first day of the summer so questions I will relay whether you and everyone else like it or not! Here you go Felly:
  1. Would you rather go to the beach or have a picnic? (Or any other nondescript warm day activity)
  2. What is the most REFRESHING drink?
  3. Ice cream! Favourite flavour?
  4. How do you feel about storms?
  5. Favourite place to go on holiday/vacation, alternatively, favourite place you've already been?

Felly

a firework
People of Play
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Cult Classic
AKA
Audra
Time Zone
EST/GMT-5
It is the first day of the summer so questions I will relay whether you and everyone else like it or not! Here you go Felly:
  1. Would you rather go to the beach or have a picnic? (Or any other nondescript warm day activity)
  2. What is the most REFRESHING drink?
  3. Ice cream! Favourite flavour?
  4. How do you feel about storms?
  5. Favourite place to go on holiday/vacation, alternatively, favourite place you've already been?
I was just about to bump this thread to say I was open for questions, haha, but this works too!!

1. Hmmm, I feel like I go to the beach a lot because I live right by one, several actually because perks of living in coastal Virginia, so I think I'd go with having a picnic. I've always wanted to do that, and I just never have.
  2. I really love lemonade, tbh, so we'll go with that.
  3. Orange sherbert is my first love, but apparently sherbert isn't an ice cream even though it's sold in the ice cream section of stores, but I also really love orange vanilla ice cream, which has bits of orange sherbert in it. Moosetracks, or whatever they call the one with the lil peanut butter cups and chocolate chunks in it, is also a really good one. (I've seen it called different things, but I've always called it moosetracks.)
  4. I don't really mind storms, but driving in them sucks. The smell of rain is real nice.
  5. I've never really been on vacation, but I made a day trip once to Charlotte, NC once when I was a kid with my dad because he was doing some work down there for someone and I remember it being pretty nice down there. I also went to DC once when I was in middle school, and I liked it up there too. I wouldn't mind going back to either of those places for an actual vacation one day, though DC would probably be the better candidate; I'm not sure how much there is to do that's vacation-y in Charlotte.