Time Zone
GMT
3DS FC
5043-2301-9525
Switch FC
SW-0094-9126-2724
IGN
Rockie
I'm sure we all have our favourite Gym Leaders but if you were a Gym Leader what would you be like?
What type would you use?
What would your Gym be like?
How about your team? What's your Ace Pokemon?
What about the badge and TM?
How far in the game would you be? The first hurdle or the final challenge?
Which Pokemon would your Gym Trainers use? What kind of people would they be?

I just thought about it now and I was curious as to what everyone would do-

Dragonite

have they found the One Piece yet
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
3DS FC
4682-8983-8215
Switch FC
SW-8460-1905-2708
IGN
Dragonite, usually
So a site that I was on a bunch of years ago did a Gym League thing, which was basically a set of monotype challenges, and I was the dragon leader while it was running. I still actually have the file for the team that I used.

Dragonite (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
  • Thunder Wave
  • Roar
  • Extreme Speed
  • Substitute
What The Skitty (Garchomp) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 56 HP / 200 Spd
Adamant Nature
  • Outrage
  • Earthquake
  • Stone Edge
  • Fire Fang
Ampharos-Mega (F) @ Ampharosite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SAtk / 200 Spd
Modest Nature
  • Agility
  • Signal Beam
  • Thunderbolt
  • Dragon Pulse
Salamence (M) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
  • Dragon Dance
  • Earthquake
  • Outrage
  • Crunch
H. o. r. s. e. (Kingdra) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
  • Toxic
  • Rest
  • Protect
  • Substitute
Latias (F) @ Light Clay
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
  • Defog
  • Reflect
  • Light Screen
  • Roost

In retrospect there's a lot of redundancy in there, especially between me and Mence. That's probably not a bad thing if I was to be an in-game leader though, since those are supposed to be hard but not impossible. Also, most in-game trainers don't have Latis, and since gym leaders aren't really supposed to have full teams anyway that could probably be scratched from the lineup entirely.

I don't really know where in the game I'd be, since that would depend a lot on how the rest of the game is laid out. If it was earlier than like Gym 8 I'd probably devolve at least one or two of the team members and lose the mega stone on ampharos, although in some cases that would also take away the dragon type. Maybe I should just be a post game leader like in Kanto.

I can't really think of what my Gym itself would look like without saying "basically Skuldafn," which wouldn't work anyway. The badge would probably look a lot like the thingy in my signature because screw trademark.

Mirage

Pokemon Master
AKA
Drake, Mirage, Izzy
Time Zone
(UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada)
I always wanted to be a Fire type gym leader. I'd be the 8th, my badge would be called the "Volcano Badge" and my TM would be Fire Blast. My gym will be based on a volcano, and thus the puzzles will use lava currents and rock platforms, and you'd have to change the direction of the currents, hop from floor to rock to floor, etc. Of course there'll be trainers along the way to prevent you from changing the currents. And as for me? I'll be at the end of the gym, on top of a mini-volcano, standing on another rock for you to hop on! My trainers would use weaker variations of my team. Speaking of which, here's my team:

Level 50 Volcarona :volcarona:. Moves: Fire Blast. Bug Buzz. Giga Drain. Quiver Dance. Item: None. Ability: Flame Body. Nature: Modest.
Level 48 Camerupt :camerupt:. Moves: Fire Blast. Earthquake. Stone Edge. Eruption. Item: None. Ability: Solid Rock. Nature: Rash.
Level 48 Magmortar :magmortar:. Moves: Fire Blast. Thunderbolt. Focus Blast. Earthquake. Item: None. Ability: Flame Body. Nature: Rash.
Level 48 Torkoal :torkoal:. Moves: Fire Blast. Earthquake. Stone Edge. Overheat. Item: None. Ability: Shell Armor. Nature: Brave.
Level 48 Magcargo :magcargo:. Moves: Fire Blast. Toxic. Stealth Rock. Recover. Item: None. Ability: Flame Body. Nature: Calm.

Once you defeat me, the currents will stop and the rocks will form a line that'll take you directly to the entrance!

Last edited:

Slix

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
I'd be the Electric-type Gym Leader. I love Electric Pokémon, and one time back in high school I made an Electric team on Diamond to use for our school's Pokémon Club.

Here's my team, at least what it was written down back in 2014, some stuff is clearly missing, apparently. :P
Electric Team

Pikachu @ Light Ball
Jolly
252 Attack/ 252 Speed/ 6 HP
Volt Tackle
Brick Break
Thunder Wave
Return

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Modest
252 HP/ 252 Sp. Attack
Aqua Ring
Surf
Confuse Ray
Stockpile

Rotom @
Modest
252 Sp. Attack/ 252 Speed
Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt
Confuse Ray
Substitute

Magneton @
Modest
252 Defense/ 252 Sp. Attack
Lock-on
Zap Cannon
Flash Cannon
Magnet Rise

Luxray @ Shell Bell
Adamant
255 Attack/ 255 HP
Crunch
Thunder Fang
Fire Fang
Ice Fang

Electabuzz @ Life Orb
Modest
255 Sp. Attack/ 255 Speed
Thunderbolt
Psychic
Focus Blast
Light Screen

DeepSeaPrincess

Pretty Voice
AKA
Athena, Any variant of that
Time Zone
PST
3DS FC
0920-1282-6394
IGN
Athena/Sirena Usually
What type would you use? I think I’d be a Fairy type leader.

What would your Gym be like? I’d have a theater-based gym, where you would go through a few minigames where you have to learn a part in the current play. Before each trainer you’d have to perform what you’d just learned, first a dance, then a few lines, then a song. Get it wrong and the trainers will fill in for you, then you have to battle. Get them right and you can choose to either skip or battle. After these three are done you have to put them all together and I’d come out, ready to battle as part of the show. Once you defeated me, we’d bow to the audience’s thunderous applause and the center stage stairs would be revealed and you could exit down the isle.

How about your team? What's your Ace Pokemon? I’d have four pokemon which would be:

Jigglypuff, level 44: Flamethrower, Sing, Dream Eater, Dazzling Gleam
Ability: Competitive

Mimiku, level 46: Shadow Claw, Play Rough, Hone Claws, Protect
Ability: Disguise

Alolan Ninetails, level 46: Dazzling Gleam, Calm Mind, Ice Beam, Reflect
Ability: Snow Cloak

And my ace, Gardevoir, level 47: Calm Mind, Dazzling Gleam, Psychic, Focus Blast
Ability: Trace
No items.

What about the badge and TM? You would get the Spotlight Badge, which looks like a sparkly beam of light. You’d get TM 99 Dazzling Gleam from me, also fitting with the theme quite nicely.

How far in the game would you be? The first hurdle or the final challenge? I imagine I’d be in the middle-end game (so like seventh gym), since Fairy counters Dragon and Dragon tends to be a more late-game type encounter.

Which Pokemon would your Gym Trainers use? What kind of people would they be? Trainer 1 would be a dancer, and would have Jigglypuff with Sing, Mimic, Body Slam, and Thunder Punch. Trainer 2 would be an actor, and have Alolan Vulpix with Ice Shard, Confuse Ray, Dig, and Mist, and Jigglypuff with Sing, Mimic, Body Slam, and Fire Punch. Trainer 3 would be a singer, and have Kirlia with Draining Kiss, Psyshock, Magical Leaf, and Round, Jigglypuff with Sing, Round, Body Slam, and Ice Punch, and Alolan Vulpix with Aurora Beam, Headbutt, Dig, and Protect.

Last edited:

Bunnie

litle creacher
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
What type would you use?
Fairy

my gym would look like the cake house from the fairy tale Hansel and Gretel. it would basically be a pastry shop and a gym at the same time :3 people would eat sweets and watch battles for their entertainment! to reach the gym leader the trainers would have to feed a few pokemon with their favourite desserts, based on the given descriptions. if they give a pokemon the wrong dessert, they have to battle its trainer.

:swirlix::alolanvulpix::clefable::sylveon::megaaudino:

the badge would be shaped like a macaron, and the TM i'd give would be Dazzling Gleam, cause apparently that's the only Fairy TM.

last gym >:3

the waiter/waitress: :kirlia::mrmime:
the pastry chef: :snubbull::whimsicott::slurpuff:
the cake decorator: :jigglypuff::ribombee::aromatisse:

Rockie

Dark Envoy
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Rockie
Time Zone
GMT
3DS FC
5043-2301-9525
Switch FC
SW-0094-9126-2724
IGN
Rockie
@Dragonite if Gym Badges looked as stylin as that i'd have more motivation lol, but the team's pretty solid!
@Mirage honestly that seems like something I could envision actually being in a Pokemon game, usually current puzzles are reserved for the water gyms but I'd enjoy it with lava, or hell any other liquid, if it was implemented creatively.
@Slix I like that not all your Pokemon are fully evolved, it's rare to see an Electabuzz or Magneton used by a high level gym leader.
@DeepSeaPrincess Although idk if GameFreak will ever make a gym like that I'd LOVE it that's such a great idea! Late game Fairy gym sounds like a fun challenge too!
@Bunnie Damn that's also really creative! Though I'd definitely end up trying to eat the badge. God I want a macaron

I didn't even write mine when I made this thread so why not I'll do it now while I'm bored.
If I had to choose I'd probably be a Ghost type gym leader, and ideally the 5th leader.
The idea I had for a Gym was a dark castle-like building, the only torches at 'checkpoints' between puzzles, in a way like the Ecruteak gym. But instead of just having low visibility, every once in a while lightning would strike (or fake lightning I guess) and illuminate everything, some things cast shadows and make it seem like there's nothing there though, so you have to remember the route and figure out where the covered paths are.
Trainers would probably be veterans, just because it'd be more interesting with the castle theme. Pokemon like Haunter, Duskull, Yamask, Misdreavous and Honedge/doublade would be their Pokemon.
As for me, my team would ideally consist of:
-Sableye - Lv. 35 - Will-O-Wisp, Shadow Claw, Knock Off, Confuse Ray
-Lampent - Lv. 35 - Will-O-Wisp, Flame Burst, Shadow Ball, Fire Spin
-Trevenant - Lv. 36 - Will-O-Wisp, Leech Seed, Horn Leech, Destiny Bond
-Cofagrigus - Lv. 38 - Will-O-Wisp, Hex, Rest, Embargo

I like to have my team unpredictable, and fitting with that theme the TM I'd hand out would be Will-O-Wisp. Even though its a fire type move, almost all Ghost types can learn it. As for the badge, I decided on the Seer Badge, fits with the idea that things aren't always obvious, and you should prepare for the unpredictable.

Last edited:

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Benjamin, James, Pemderp
Time Zone
UTC -8 (Pacific Time)
3DS FC
3540-0538-1086
Switch FC
SW-1778-2704-5495
IGN
Benjamin
What type would you use?
Ground! It’s my favorite type to use and it fits my personality really well.

My gym would be a long hiking trail with a variety of twisting and turning paths. The paths you choose will affect how many gym trainers you fight. I’d be at the end of the trail where a large canyon and waterfall are at.

Claydol Level 44 - Sandstorm, Cosmic Power, Heal Block, Psychic

Seismitoad Level 44 - Surf, Drain Punch, Earthquake, Aqua Ring

Mamoswine Level 44 - Icicle Crash, Earthquake, Curse, Sandstorm

Krookodile Level 46 (My Ace) - Crunch, Earthquake, Thunder Fang, Swagger

Earthquake of course! The “Preservation” badge would be in the shape of those hiking trail pins you can find in gift shops.

How far in the game would you be?
The first hurdle or the final challenge?

I’d be the sixth gym leader.

Which Pokemon would your Gym
Trainers use? What kind of people would they be?
To fit the gym’s theme, all five of the trainers would be hikers. They’d use:

Marowak, Quagsire, Piloswine
Pupitar, Donphan
Krokorok, Vibrava, Dugrio
Hippopatas, Numel, Phampy, Gabite

Typhlosion

Tempered Steel
Rainbow Rocket Executive
Cult Classic
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
US Central (GMT -6:00)
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
Going to take this in a bit of an unusual direction!

What type would you use?
The Steel type!

My Gym would be a small maze, nothing too intense. Challenging and defeating the Gym Trainers opens up further sections of the maze. After defeating me, a clear path opens up around the edges of the room leading back to the front of the Gym.

Just two Pokémon on my team:
Alolan Sandshrew :alolansandshrew:
Level 13
No Item
Snow Cloak
-Defense Curl
-Bide
-Powder Snow
-Gyro Ball

Magnemite :magnemite:
Level 13
No Item
Magnet Pull
-Tackle
-Supersonic
-Thunder Shock
-Gyro Ball

I would hand out the TM for Gyro Ball. The badge is known as the Alloy Badge. It's an upright rectangle coming to a point at either end, with a wavy line going vertically down the middle. One half is light, silvery gray and the other is a dark metallic blue.

I would be the first Gym Leader encountered along the way. My goal would be to teach new young Trainers about how Pokémon can be used offensively or defensively, and how to make good use of both of these kinds of battling styles. Hence the use of Steel-type Pokémon with offensively powerful secondary types, and Gyro Ball, which requires a good deal of strength but has to be used by Pokémon that are slow and tough for maximum effectiveness.

I'd have four Trainers, two using offense and two using defense. After entering the maze you could choose to battle an offensive Trainer (Roller Skaters) or a defensive Trainer (Clerks), but the second Trainer you battle will be of the opposite kind. You'd only have to battle two Trainers to reach me. They would use Aron, Bronzor, Shieldon, and Ferroseed.

Deva

"Regular" Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
US Eastern Time
3DS FC
4210-4539-8161
IGN
Deva
Imagined a Psychic Gym originally. Spends so much time breeding, though. Values an institution focused on that more.

Type: Fire

Gym: Contains facilities useful for breeding. Definitely needs a long, straight area for hatching eggs and raising happiness. Features a hot springs area. Would like a library in the back too. Demands a lot of looking at Serebii knowledge to breed well. Shoots for a calm atmosphere, if possible. Runs counter to the usual image of Fire.

Teaches the player breeding basics in the gym. (Loves tutorials, right?) Sends you to the library first. Provides information about the Everstone, Destiny Knot, Hidden Abilities, and egg moves. Answers questions. Fights a trainer upon answering correctly. May choose to immediately answer questions without any classroom cutscenes, of course.

Time in the Game: Third gym. Maybe fourth.

Team: Would be underleveled, relative to the intended player level (23?). Compensates with egg moves, good Individual Values, Hidden Abilities, and proper natures.
Ponyta :ponyta:, level 18.
Ability: Flame Body (Hidden Ability).
Moves: Flame Charge, Hypnosis, Stomp, and High Horsepower

Vulpix :vulpix:, level 18.
Ability: Drought (Hidden Ability)
Moves: Flame Charge, Extrasensory, Hypnosis, and Hex

Torracat :torracat:, level 20.
Ability: Intimidate (Hidden Ability)
Hold Item: Destiny Knot
Moves: Fake Out, Body Slam, Crunch, and Flame Charge

Badge: Egg Badge.
TM: Flame Charge.

Other trainers: Breeders. Owns Pokemon like Gale Wings Fletchinder :fletchinder: (with Aerial Ace, not Acrobatics), Speed Boost Combusken :combusken:, Moxie Litleo :litleo:, and Magician Braixen :braixen:. Rounds it out with some weaker Flame Body Pokemon too, like Litwick :litwick: and Larvesta :larvesta:. Emphasizes showing off their projects more than the battle. Stumbles across several people not battling too. Meets one that tells you the Hidden Ability of a selected Pokemon.

Kaori

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Sinnoh Survivor
AKA
Vee
Time Zone
GMT+1
Thought about Water, Normal or Grass at first, but eventually settled on Fairy so I could feature Togekiss as my ace. (Flying type doesn't appeal to me as much, unfortunately)

What type would you use?

Fairy

The inside of the gym is decorated to replicate a forest at night. As a trainer you'd have to navigate your way through the dark, using the illuminating mushrooms along the path as a guidance. As you travel through this natural maze, you might yourself running into a dead end ー or perhaps even a gym trainer?

Whimsicott
(shiny), lv. 39

Male

Ability: Prankster

Timid nature
  • Tailwind
  • Leech Seed
  • Giga Drain
  • Dazzling Gleam
Description: Whimsicott is a perfect lead Pokemon due to his Prankster ability. This allows him to set up the Tailwind either at the start of the battle or as he is about to go down to provide support for the slower Azumarill coming in next. He runs double STAB in Giga Drain and Dazzling Gleam, the former allowing for HP recovery. Leech Seed is another support move for gradual chip damage on the opponent, as well as help Whimsicott's longevity on the field.

Azumarill, lv. 41

Female

Ability: Huge Power

Adamant nature
  • Aqua Tail
  • Superpower
  • Play Rough
  • Aqua Jet
Description: Azumarill is the physical powerhouse of the team, packing some powerful attacks including Aqua Tail and Play Rough. Superpower allows for type diversity and is a great way to counter Steel types. Her speed stat isn't very impressive, but this can be fixed by Whimsicott's Tailwind support or priority moves such as Aqua Jet.

Togekiss, lv. 43

Female

Ability: Serene Grace

Modest nature
  • Air Slash
  • Dazzling Gleam
  • Flamethrower
  • Psychic
Description: Togekiss is the ace of the team, packing a wide variety of hard hitting special based moves. Air Slash and Dazzling Gleam are her STAB attacking moves, the former having a relatively high chance to flinch thanks to her Serene Grace ability. Flamethrower and Psychic are coverage moves, countering Steel and Poison types respectively. They both benefit from Serene Grace as well, having a heightened chance of either burning the opponent or lowering their Special Defense so her attacks hit even harder.

Defeating this gym earns you the Pixie Badge and the TM for Dazzling Gleam. (Since as several have pointed out, this is the only Fairy type TM)

I imagined this to be the 6th gym.

Fairy Tale Girl (A):

Fairy Tale Girl (B):

Hex Maniac:

Zed

Regular Trainer
Time Zone
CET
If you were a Gym Leader what would you be like?

I would be an owner of a Private Security Company that specializes in video surveillance among other things. I was a military pilot before I retired and started the company. I’m usually in an all black suit and sunglasses (classic movie private security attire).

You would find my gym in the first big city you visit on your journey through the region. The city is famous for having two very different sides to it. While most of the city is beautiful and developed there is one part of the city that is completely crime-ridden. Dark alleys and old, partially destroyed buildings mostly occupied by criminals and biker gangs are a common sight in this part of the city. This could also be the place where the Evil Team has a secret hideout and you will have to come back here and defeat them in the climax of the story

People that live in the better part of the city are often victims of break-ins and robberies because of the criminal element in the city so this is where my Private Security Company comes into play. We try to help people feel more secure thanks to our home security systems and video surveillance.

The Gym would be located in the offices of my company on the top floor of the tallest building in the city. You would have to get through the offices to reach the staircase that leads to the roof where you will find me, the Gym Leader. After you defeat me you will be able to use the elevator (that wasn’t working before) to get back to the ground floor of the building.

What type would you use?

I would be a Flying type Gym Leader since Flying is one of my favorite types.

Flying type also works well with my surveillance theme as Flying types with cameras attached to them could be used to provide a live feed of everything going on it the city during big outdoor gatherings, concerts and festivals. Also Flying types are usually the first ones on the scene during a break-in because they can just fly over there once the alarm goes off and stop the thief from getting away until the rest of team and/or police get there. So yeah, my gym specializes in training Flying types for these types of situations and they are the vital part of my company.

How about your team? What’s your ace pokemon?

:emolga: Emolga Lv. 26
Ability: Motor Drive
No Item
Moves:
  • Nuzzle
  • Air Slash
  • Volt Switch
  • Roost
:gligar: Gligar Lv. 26
Ability: Immunity
No Item
Moves:
  • Acrobatics
  • Toxic
  • Sand Tomb
  • Roost
:skarmory: Skarmory Lv. 28
Ability: Sturdy
Item: Sitrus Berry
Moves:
  • Metal Claw
  • Drill Peck
  • Toxic
  • Roost
What about the Badge and TM?

I would give out the Surveillance Badge and it would basically be a camera lens with a steel feather in the middle.

I would also give you the TM for Roost.

How far in the game would you be?

I would be the 3rd Gym Leader that would teach you about a defensive battle strategy that focuses more on keeping your Pokemon safe and healthy instead of mindlessly attacking without thinking about your teams well-being.

For this reason every Pokemon on my team has Roost and both Skarmory and Gligar are very bulky Pokemon with Toxic to wear down your team while they recover their health. Emolga is also trying to take as little damage as possible by using paraflinch tactics with Nuzzle and Air Slash combo.

I would have four or five Gym Trainers that would come up behind you and challenge you to a battle after they spot you on our security cameras that are set up all over the place in the Gym/offices. Their Trainer classes would be Pilot, Police Officer, Office Worker and maybe event Janitor. They would use Pokemon like Noctowl, Pidgeotto, Swoobat, Golbat, Fletchinder, Togetic, Ducklett and Noibat.

Last edited:

Bones Barlow

Ghost with the Most
AKA
Bones
Time Zone
EST/GMT -5
3DS FC
5370-0907-5084
Switch FC
SW-0851-1998-5587
Ooh, these threads are always fun.

What type would you use?
The Ghost-type would be my specialty, surprising nobody who has talked to me for more than a few seconds.

The Gym would be a huge, creepy mansion, classic haunted-house style. What would initially seem like a straight shot into the big creepy attic I dwell in would quickly become far less straightforward thanks to a conspicuous lack of stairs, forcing you to find and navigate secret passages to advance.

The team as a whole would play to the Ghost-type's strength of disrupting the opponent. Challengers would need to be able to deal with a wide variety of status effects, both traditional and not.

:sableye: Sableye
Level: 38
Ability: Keen Eye
Moves: Knock Off, Fake Out, Zen Headbutt, Detect

:haunter: Haunter
Level: 39
Ability: Levitate
Moves: Mean Look, Hypnosis, Shadow Ball, Dream Eater

:froslass: Froslass
Level: 40
Ability: Ice Shard, Ominous Wind, Draining Kiss, Will-O-Wisp

:cofagrigus: Cofagrigus
Level: 41
Ability: Mummy
Moves: Hex, Toxic, Infestation, Curse

My badge would be the Haunt Badge, a round black badge with two eyes and a wide grin peering out of the darkness. For my TM, you can never go wrong with Shadow Ball. That said, if I'm not restricted to moves that are already TMs, I'd go with my favorite move, Hex.

I feel like I'd be the sixth leader. Not really final leader material, but not nearly early enough to put off beginning trainers with my obnoxious battle tactics and twisting Gym.

The trainers would use your standard Ghost-types, probably. They'd all be suitably spooky, consisting of Hex Maniacs and Psychics.

Kigiru

New Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Type: I always felt that Bug-types are way to go for me. They are very interesting, unimpressive but can kick some butts, especialy early in the game when their usualy quick evolution counts the most.

Gym Design: My gym would be big, flowery garden connected to beehive-like structure where Beedrills and Combees would produce honey. Main building would be guarded by two Beedrills and to make them move you would need to collect few (3?) well hidden pots of honey. Inside of it i would be probably checking some statistics or something, dunno.

Team: I would be the first gym leader fought in my imaginary region and my team would consist of:

Combee Lv.11
  • Gust
  • Sweet Scent
Beedrill Lv.13
  • Twin Needle
  • Poison Sting
  • Focus Energy
  • String Shot
Vespiquen (Ace) Lv.15, holding oran berry.
  • Infestation
  • Defend Order
  • Heal Order
  • Gust
Badge and TM: After defeating me i would give player Honeypot Badge that would be shaped like Honeypot (duh). My TM would be obviously Infestation, as it's the only bug-type TM suitable for early game. Also i would give player 5 honeys and teach them about tree encounters like in gen 4.

Lazuli

✧ Star Fish ✧
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Kaity and Bijou
Time Zone
GMT -6
3DS FC
3840-6615-2879
IGN
Kaity, Bijou, Lapis, or Lazuli (depends on the game)
These kinds of threads are always fun.

What type would you use? I would be a grass gym leader of course! What other type would suit me better?

What would your Gym be like? Think like Gardenia's gym in Platinum and pretty much that.

:tsareena: Tsareena
Level: 35
Ability: Queenly Majesty
Moves: Trop Kick, Energy Ball, Hi Jump Kick, U-Turn

:lilligant: Lilligant
Level: 37
Ability: Own Tempo
Moves: Quiver Dance, Petal Dance, Energy Ball, Aromatherapy

:roserade: Roserade
level: 37
Ability: Poison Point
Moves: Venom Drench, Energy Ball, Toxic, Giga Drain

:meganium: Meganium (ace)
level: 38
Ability: Leaf Guard
item: Sitrus Berry
Moves: Dragon Tail, Sunny Day, Solar Beam, Energy Ball

I'll call it the Lily Badge. The badge would look like a lily pad. The TM people would get for defeating me would be Energy Ball (if I didn't make that obvious)

I would be like the fifth badge trainers would have to earn. Around the middle of their challenge.

The gym trainers would be a couple of Aroma Ladies and Gardeners. They would all own Pokemon following the flower theme appropriate for this point of the game.
ex: :bayleef: , :bellossom: , :sunflora:, :cherrim:, :leafeon:, :lilligant:, :steenee:, :ivysaur:, :vileplume:, :jumpluff:, :roselia:, :whimsicott:

Grunt Beavie

The Magma Grunt with a Dragonite
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Beavie, Beavs
Time Zone
Atlantic Standard Time
3DS FC
0705-6289-4703
IGN
Cali
As a gym leader I have always leaned towards either being a water gym leader or a fairy one. Since most people picked fairy, I'll go water and maybe do a fairy one after.

I'll start with making my gym be stationed at a dock. You will ride a Lapras through a bouy maze and will have to battle four trainers to get keys to my hut on the other end of the docs. I'd congratulate you and say the that the challenge has just begun.

My gym would be around the 6th so let's say 40 is the level cap.

:pelipper: is my first pokemon level 38 with drizzle for its ability. It knows Toxic, Hurricane, Scald and Protect, one of two item holding Pokemon with a Damp Rock. Hope for your sake you start with an electric type because this fella sets up the rain for the rest of my team and can do decent damage with a boosted scald and a never missing Hurricane. If you have an electric type, I have counters, my friend.

Second on my team is a :ludicolo: level 37 with Swift Swim. Energy Ball, Scald, Ice Beam, and Zen Headbutt. This guy helps some of water's weaknesses and hits with a lot of types, dancing while it's at it.

Third on the team is :kingdra: level 38 with, you guessed it, Swift Swim! It knows scald, Dragon Pulse, Rain Dance and Flash Cannon. Another rain sweeper with the ability to set up its own rain. You get my theme.

Finally, my ace. :swampert: holding a Mega Stone. Torrent for the ability normally with Waterfall, Earthquake, Ice Punch and Rain Dance. This thing is meant to ruin dreams.

If you manage to defeat my team, I will give you the coast badge, with the TM Scald.

My gym trainers would mainly use the fish pokemon... There are so many water types like whatever.

Dregran

Shocking Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Volkner
Time Zone
UTC +10
What type would you use?
Water-type.

Just a simple quiz about type effectiveness with the three starter-types, where you stand on the correct tile: T or F. Correct or incorrect, a trainer will come and battle you, confirming or correcting your answer.

There will be three statements to answer:
  1. The Water-type is super effective against the Fire-type.
  2. The Grass-type is not very effective against the Water-type.
  3. The Water-type is not very effective against the Water-type.
:croconaw: Croconaw Lv. 23
Ability: Torrent
Moves: Bite, Ice Fang, Leer, Waterfall

:lombre: Lombre Lv. 23
Ability: Swift Swim
Moves: Fake Out, Absorb, Growl, Waterfall

:azumarill: Azumarill Lv. 25
Ability: Huge Power
Moves: Rollout, Defense Curl, Play Rough, Waterfall

I like the sound of the Wave Badge, though to be original, I'd give out the Current Badge, a badge that looks like a waterfall to some extent. The TM I'd hand out would be Waterfall. I'll say something about paying attention to stats as well as Pokemon types and then comment that there's a lot to think about when you're a Pokemon Trainer.

Around the middle of the game, about the 3rd or 4th Gym Leader, when good TMs will come in handy.

First trainer, School Kid: Totodile Lv. 18, Chinchou Lv. 19
Second trainer, Swimmer: Poliwag Lv. 20, Lombre Lv. 21
Third trainer, Swimmer: Horsea Lv. 21, Marill Lv. 22

Rematch team: :feraligatr: :ludicolo: :azumarill: :kingdra: :politoed: :lanturn:

Last edited:

Quoake

Junior Trainer
AKA
Ollie
Time Zone
ACST
I’d like to be a grass gym at the very start of the game. I’d like my gym to be a teahouse with players moving through each room to the final room by defeating a trainer in front of the other patrons.
In the final room, I think I would use these two Pokémon:
Turtwig

Level 11
-Tackle -Absorb -Withdraw -Protect
Bulbasaur

Level 12
-Tackle -Protect -Vine Whip -Leech Seed

After being defeated, I’d give out the Herbal Badge, which would look like four roundish tea leaves making an “X”. I’d also hand out the TM for Protect (not a grass type move, but hey, Brock hands out Bide). As a gym leader I would be very invested in trying to test new trainer’s potential and challenging them, as well as frequently enjoying a relaxing cup of tea. Potentially I would challenge the player in the postgame in some sort of tournament-style setting with a stronger team:

I imagine the gym trainers would use Pokémon like Budew, Sewaddle, and Hoppip. They would be waiters and waitresses working at the teahouse.
Having the player get a TM like Workup or Return before the fight would allow them to overcome a slow demise to Leech Seed and Protect by buffing their stats while my Pokémon used Protect.

Grunt Beavie

The Magma Grunt with a Dragonite
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Beavie, Beavs
Time Zone
Atlantic Standard Time
3DS FC
0705-6289-4703
IGN
Cali
As a gym leader I have always leaned towards either being a water gym leader or a fairy one. Since most people picked fairy, I'll go water and maybe do a fairy one after.

I'll start with making my gym be stationed at a dock. You will ride a Lapras through a bouy maze and will have to battle four trainers to get keys to my hut on the other end of the docs. I'd congratulate you and say the that the challenge has just begun.

My gym would be around the 6th so let's say 40 is the level cap.

:pelipper: is my first pokemon level 38 with drizzle for its ability. It knows Toxic, Hurricane, Scald and Protect, one of two item holding Pokemon with a Damp Rock. Hope for your sake you start with an electric type because this fella sets up the rain for the rest of my team and can do decent damage with a boosted scald and a never missing Hurricane. If you have an electric type, I have counters, my friend.

Second on my team is a :ludicolo: level 37 with Swift Swim. Energy Ball, Scald, Ice Beam, and Zen Headbutt. This guy helps some of water's weaknesses and hits with a lot of types, dancing while it's at it.

Third on the team is :kingdra: level 38 with, you guessed it, Swift Swim! It knows scald, Dragon Pulse, Rain Dance and Flash Cannon. Another rain sweeper with the ability to set up its own rain. You get my theme.

Finally, my ace. :swampert: holding a Mega Stone. Torrent for the ability normally with Waterfall, Earthquake, Ice Punch and Rain Dance. This thing is meant to ruin dreams.

If you manage to defeat my team, I will give you the coast badge, with the TM Scald.

My gym trainers would mainly use fish pokemon... There are so many water types like whatever.

Now it's the Fairy gym's time! This time with more effort and a few colours!

8th Gym

I think an enchanted garden would be a nice take on a fairy gym. At the entrance, you will be greeted by a Sylveon with a note in its mouth. The creature hands it to you and it goes through the door as it explains what you need to do. Here... much like my water gym, will be a quest of getting 6 keys going through a maze to a gate at the end of the maze. While one key is guaranteed guarded by a trainer, the other trainers will be in dead ends. After taking the right path, you go to a gate for the keys. Then you will see the gym leader in a summer's dress, ribbons in her hair on a fountain's edge, humming. The Sylveon smiles next to her and the gym leader pets the adorable Eeveelution. But the Sylveon leaves after the gym leader gently "shoo" it off.

She would ask how you're feeling? Enchanted, right? Then she'd say this place is tended by magic and love. Don't believe her? Then she gets up and you see she's lightly floating. "Believe me." She personally works hard to give this place the proper love and care it deserves and a place of bliss for her, the pokemon, and her challenges that have come this far. But, do you love your pokemon enough to perform at your best to achieve your dreams? She'll be glad to test you, but first, she wants to create a perfect battlefield.

Then, for a challenge, a pink mist appears from flowers on the side and the battlefield is covered with a calming, pure, misty terrain for five turns.

She'd giggle and say "Ready for your test?"

AND CUE THE MUSIC!

Let's make it a team of five, max level is 50.

Starting it off pokemon, Level 47 is
:klefki: with Prankster for the ability
Dazzling Gleam
Taunt
Mirror Shot/Flash Cannon
Spikes

Much like the keys you grabbed, this jingling pokemon is able to impede your progress. Laying down spikes to damage you when you switch to an alternative, taunt to prevent set up or noisy statuses if the calming terrain is gone before it attacks with two STABs, you need to find the key to victory~

Next, also Level 47
:florges: with Flower Veil for the ability
Dazzling Gleam
Wish
Protect
Grass Knot

A tender of the garden's flowers, Florges is a caring pokemon. So it is fitting it has Wish and Protect to heal itself and friends. Good luck~

Now, Level 49 is the
:ribombee: with the Shield Dust ability
Quiver Dance
Pollen Puff
Dazzling Gleam
Energy Ball

Providing pollen to grow the garden, here is Ribombee, a setup sweeper. Good luck facing the little bee~

Level 48 The next pokemon is :azumarill:
With the ability Huge Power
Play Rough
Aqua Tail
Super Power
Aqua Ring

Ah, the one who waters the flowers. It may be slow, but with a 420 stat-line, it is quite "lit" as people say... Although I have no idea what that means. But it has huge power so anything that may face an attack from it will have their strength tested~

Then finally, my ace, Mega Gardevoir! Level 50, is the original ability Syncronize
Dazzling Gleam
Psyshock
Shadow Ball
Focus Blast

Similarly matching the trainer's long dress, is a mega challenge. With a boost, is the ace of the team. With lots of type coverage and a boost to its stats, it is a mega test to you, Even if you swept through the gym leader's darling pokemon, there will still be at least one turn it will be a problem.

After a hard fought battle, if you win, the gym leader will have a big smile on her face, thanking you for taking the time to see her and her pokemon's wonderful home. She would say that, by now, you must know what's next? Then, her Sylveon returns, holding the gym badge in its mouth. She takes it and you get the TM and badge before the Sylveon gives you a hug and opens the door to a quick path out.

Representing the gym is the Enchantment Badge which will have a pink rose design with a sun. The TM will be Dazzling Meme, I mean Gleam.

Think these pokemon:
:granbull: :whimsicott: x2:floette: x3:shiinotic: :aromatisse: :slurpuff: :mrmime: :comfey: split between 6 trainers. The trainers would likely be a Fairytale girl and Furisode Girls with a female ace trainer.

Last edited: