• Staff Applications

Hello fellow Marrilanders! We have reached a point for our staff team where recruiting new members is necessary — so we are opening up applications!
    If you are interested, you can find more information in this thread.

If you were in charge of the anime...

AKA
Athena, Any variant of that
Time Zone
PST
Yeah, a new protagonist would be what I would have gone for. Ash is great, but he's been on for so long that he just looks stupid instead of growing and we're older than he'll ever be.

I fully agree. I mean, I liked Ash's story for Kanto Johto and Kalos. But it's always the same thing over and over (with team Rocket, for example). I liked Alain and would maybe have liked to see him, or someone like him, as a protagonist for other regions.

Wren

Regular Trainer
I think it would have been cool to have Ash there for Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn but May would be the main character of Hoenn. Ash would still be travelling with May, but as an older and more experienced mentor, taking Brock's role. Then the Sinnoh league would center on Dawn, with May acting as the team Brock, and so on.

I kinda left off at the end of the Sinnoh league, but I noticed the anime was full of interesting characters that I would have liked to see make a comeback or at least a cameo in the final league tournament. The tournament was always multiple episodes, so it would have been nice to see Ash reconnect with them like they always say they'll do, but won't.

Null

Greninja Main
Time Zone
AEST
Serena followed ash to alola.

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
AKA
Benjamin, James, Pemderp
Time Zone
UTC -8 (Pacific Time)
3DS FC
3540-0538-1086
Switch FC
SW-1778-2704-5495
IGN
Benjamin
Make a new protagonist who actually ages, have Ash be a traveling companion, and get rid of Team Rocket in favor of either an exclusive antagonist or one from the games. If the writers of the show did any of those things, I think I’d finally give the anime a second shot.

Resolute

Really Useful Engine
AKA
Ben, Res, Baguettes, Baggy
Time Zone
EST
I think it'd be fun to stick with the slice of life style that Sun/Moon has with some progression throughout. I'd be a fan of a gradual change to a new protagonist, or at least more interesting supporting cast members. Preferably dynamic ones. :)