If you were in charge of the anime...

Greninjaman

Aquatic Ninja Assassin
Account Disabled
What would you do? Would you go the game route (new protagonist for each region) or the anime route (one character going through every region)?

DeepSeaPrincess

Pretty Voice
AKA
Athena, Any variant of that
Time Zone
PST
3DS FC
0920-1282-6394
IGN
Athena/Sirena Usually
Yeah, a new protagonist would be what I would have gone for. Ash is great, but he's been on for so long that he just looks stupid instead of growing and we're older than he'll ever be.

Mystical

Ysabel
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
I fully agree. I mean, I liked Ash's story for Kanto Johto and Kalos. But it's always the same thing over and over (with team Rocket, for example). I liked Alain and would maybe have liked to see him, or someone like him, as a protagonist for other regions.

Wren

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
I think it would have been cool to have Ash there for Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn but May would be the main character of Hoenn. Ash would still be travelling with May, but as an older and more experienced mentor, taking Brock's role. Then the Sinnoh league would center on Dawn, with May acting as the team Brock, and so on.

I kinda left off at the end of the Sinnoh league, but I noticed the anime was full of interesting characters that I would have liked to see make a comeback or at least a cameo in the final league tournament. The tournament was always multiple episodes, so it would have been nice to see Ash reconnect with them like they always say they'll do, but won't.

Varhii

Shaggy Webber
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
AKA
SG
Time Zone
EST
Ash-Greninja wouldn't have lost to Charizard.

Null

watching sad anime
Time Zone
AEST
IGN
Aevis/Null
Serena followed ash to alola.

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ben
Time Zone
UTC -8 (Pacific Time)
3DS FC
3540-0538-1086
Switch FC
SW-1778-2704-5495
IGN
Benjamin
Make a new protagonist who actually ages, have Ash be a traveling companion, and get rid of Team Rocket in favor of either an exclusive antagonist or one from the games. If the writers of the show did any of those things, I think I’d finally give the anime a second shot.

Resolute

To the beat of his own drum
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ben, Res, Baguettes, Baggy
Time Zone
EST
I think it'd be fun to stick with the slice of life style that Sun/Moon has with some progression throughout. I'd be a fan of a gradual change to a new protagonist, or at least more interesting supporting cast members. Preferably dynamic ones. :)

Mudkip_Mishchief

Goodbye
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Carson, Mudkip
IGN
bbop
I'd make every pokemon a mudkip except for gym leader pokemon. they'd have mankeys that know thunder and nothing else