I'll have a Three Cheese Pizza with Extra Cheese and a side of Mac and Cheese (Restaurants)

Revan

Wound in the Force
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Ravey, Steve
Time Zone
US Central Time
There are several different types of restaurants across the world, and even a two block radius of a city can have a huge variety of restaurants: some may serve pizza, some may serve breakfast food, others specialize in Indian food, etc.

Which restaurants do you enjoy going to most? Why: is it because they serve your most favorite dish ever, because they serve your favorite type of food, etc.? Do you usually get appetizers/starters? What about dessert? How often do you go eat at restaurants? Basically, I'm just interested on your thoughts and preferences regarding restaurants in general!

Ice_Dragon

The Fairy Dragon
Staff Emeritus
Time Zone
GMT +8
I enjoy going to this grill place called King Louis a couple of years back. They served amazing meat platters which had perfect steaks, pork knuckles above a bed of roasted potato wedges. The place has closed down but it was my favorite place to hang out with friends.

These days, my favorite place to meet up with colleagues or old friends would be a place called Harry's Bar which serves fantastic wings and the best espresso martini in town. :P

SarasaKat

bibb pretty
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Kat
Time Zone
EST
Bold of you to assume I leave my house longer than strictly necessary

There's this 50s styled diner I go to whenever I feel like eating out. It's convenient, and the french fries/chicken tenders are good so I can't complain. And its super casual, what's not to love?

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ben
Time Zone
UTC -8 (Pacific Time)
3DS FC
3540-0538-1086
Switch FC
SW-1778-2704-5495
IGN
Benjamin
My town doesn’t have many restaurants, but the ones that are there are really good.

First is a Mexican grill with amazing burritos. If I need a quick meal, that place is my first destination.

Second is this small Chinese restaurant with the best orange chicken I’ve ever had (with how many Chinese places I’ve been to, that’s impressive)

Last is a Japanese restaurant with super expensive food. It’s tasty but I rarely go there.

Vulture

that guy, you know
Italian food has always been my favourite, and there's two places that really stood out for me- one near me has sadly closed down now, but the other was this really understated place I went to recently that shared the building with an Indian restaurant that had all the advertising space- huge banenr on the building, signs pointing to it, and so on. The Italian didn't even have a logo, just plain black awnings with the name on in some basic font. Absolutely excellent food.

There's also this Swedish place near me and they do really good meat dishes.

ninetales

Advanced Trainer
Staff Emeritus
I really rarely go out to eat.

But there's this really delicious Japanese sushi burger restaurant nearby called Gojima. It sells sushi burgers (obviously) where rice is the bun. It also sells fried chicken, chips and thickshakes.

Vigilance

The Devil Himself
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
I love sushi outside though I rarely go. I also basically like any and all chinese food.

smoky

afterglow
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Cheesecake Factory for me~ I love their four cheese pasta it's really good. I also really like the s'mores cheesecake there. My family used to go camping for over half of my life so it's always really nostalgic to eat anything s'mores related, and having it as a cheesecake is just so precious to me. I live in a small town, so the restaurants are walking distance from some neighborhoods. We only have really basic fast food though, so we go to the cities around us for food a lot.

We don't really go out to restaurants, but we get take out basically every night. Maybe once every week we have a meal my parents made. Everyone in my family is just always doing our own thing so none of us really have time (and I also have no ****ing clue how to make basically anything oof) to make a dinner.

Arceus

Prismatic Trainer
AKA
James, Chandelure
Time Zone
EST
For me, my favorite places are probably Japanese, Italian, Seafood, and Diners. At home, my family always has 2 restaurants we use for big occasions: one super nice Italian, and one super nice Japanese. Vacationing and otherwise, I'm also a seafood fanatic. Odds are, if it comes from the ocean, I'll at least try it. I also love breakfast, so I'm a firm supporter of the Diner all day breakfast business model. I'm so glad to be going to school in the tristate area, where there are actual bona fide diners in walking distance of school, even if I don't really have the cash to go much.

Lazuli

✧ Star Fish ✧
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Kaity and Bijou
Time Zone
GMT -6
3DS FC
3840-6615-2879
IGN
Kaity, Bijou, Lapis, or Lazuli (depends on the game)
My favorite restaurant is Chili's. Everything on the menu is just so tasty to me.

I'll eat about anywhere though. I'll find something I like, even if it is just the chicken tender's basket.

theDINOsaurus

Golden Flower
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Dino, Christy
“A side of mac and cheese” :J

I eat out a decent bit when I don’t want to cook. Usually places that are fast so I can just pick something up and take it home. Also IHOP bc I crave breakfast sometimes. As far as nicer restaurants go I really like BJs a lot mostly bc pizookies are a gift humanity doesn’t deserve.

Resolute

To the beat of his own drum
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ben, Res, Baguettes, Baggy
Time Zone
EST
My town has a little sub place that serves the best cheesesteak EVER. No question about it. It's a bit greasy and probably not the best for you, but it is absolutely worth it. I've had a lot of cheesesteaks in my time, and it surprises me that that little shop has yet to get beaten out on my leaderboard.

Penumbra

The Devil's Advocate
AKA
Pen, Penu, Penny
Time Zone
EST
3DS FC
4313-6127-3959
I love this one semi-nice, semi-casual Italian grill because the owner is from Italy and has been running the place since it opened 20-30 years ago. It's just a place I don't go to very often but has great food & service.

My other favorite place is a Japanese restaurant that serves sushi, hibachi, and both sweet & savory crepes, interestingly enough. They moved to a bigger location by the highway, but the drive is still worth it.

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
I rarely go out to any restaurants, tbh. I don't really have any favorites, although the one restaurant we go out to most often (or order in from) is Boston Pizza. Usually I get lasagna or ravioli from there, and it's pretty good.

shhmew

❤ ❤ ❤
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Katey
i do not eat out much and if i do it's usually trashy chains or fast food places ok. does chick fil a count =J

theDINOsaurus

Golden Flower
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Dino, Christy
i do not eat out much and if i do it's usually trashy chains or fast food places ok. does chick fil a count =J
why would chick fil a not count chick fil a is a gift i wanted it today but... it is Sunday... :pensiveazurill:

shhmew

❤ ❤ ❤
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Katey
why would chick fil a not count chick fil a is a gift i wanted it today but... it is Sunday... :pensiveazurill:
this is chick fil a's biggest flaw. being closed on sundays

AuburnEnigma

Being Auburn since 1992
AKA
Amy
Time Zone
GMT
I'm in the UK where fish and chips is pretty much a staple :p we do have a bit of everything though.

It's mostly takeaway places by me, but when I go out with my family it tends to be either British or Indian. Most other cuisines are covered by the takeaways.

My one standout meal was when we went to Rhodes (Greek island) on holiday - chicken breast stuffed with mushrooms in a white wine and truffle oil sauce plus chips. For my plain tastes, that was brilliant.

PIKMANZ Forever

Pikmin-Obsessed Nerd/Geek Guy.
AKA
Alex.
I used to go to this place called Burger Palace all the time where I had these chicken strips and cheddar bites and I put tons and tons of salt on them and they were the best! Though after I moved and went back to go grab stuff, I went back and I had them and they tasted off? Idk what happened while I was gone...they taste...off.

Now I refuse to leave the house for other than walks or when it's past 4 or 3 pm.