Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Chris
Time Zone
MST
Switch FC
SW-3906-8627-4487

Hey everyone! After talking a bit with some friends we decided that having an Overwatch discussion thread would work better than a club this time around. So let's go! Do you play Overwatch? What system do you use? Feel free to talk about metas, heroes, lore, really anything Overwatch related here. If you wanna share battletags and get some playdates set up, that'd be pretty cool too :coolazurill:

If anyone is interested, we also have a small Overwatch Discord for the Marri community. If you'd like to join just send me a message!

BizzK18

I may be old, but I love Pokemon!
AKA
Bryan
Time Zone
Central
3DS FC
4485-3166-8495
IGN
BizzK18
Yay, I love Overwatch! Although I am likely in the minority though, since I play on Xbox and not PC.

I main Zarya because she is the bees knees, so I am super excited about her new Snowboarder skin for the upcoming Winter Wonderland!

Solar

Loog Noog Supreme
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Been playing on PS4 for a year now, and now I have it on PC as well. It's been interesting getting used to the PC controls but all around it's still just fine. My main is Symmetra :^)

Overwatch is such a good game, dude.

Dregran

Shocking Trainer
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
UTC +10
I've loved Overwatch since the release. I'm a massive nerd and really into the Overwatch League and Overwatch Contenders.

Pharah is my favourite hero, love playing her. I'm probably the best at Main Tank and Off-Tank, though. Decent on all Supports too, and passable on all Damage heroes.

BizzK18

AKA
Bryan
Time Zone
Central
3DS FC
4485-3166-8495
IGN
BizzK18
I hadn't played in about a week, opened it up today and had 7 loot boxes to open! Two were from Endorsement rank, and I didn't really pay attention to what the other 5 were from, but definitely appreciated them! (Although none were Golds...)

seaturtle

Spirit Bridge
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Chris
Time Zone
MST
Switch FC
SW-3906-8627-4487
I think the other 5 were a holiday gift from Blizzard cuz afaik everyone else got them too. I got the figure skating Symmetta skin, but nothing else noteworthy. Rly hoping to get the Artic Fox Lucio skin but we'll see I guess J:

Luke Strife

"Long live the king."
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Time Zone
GMT
I haven't touched this game in months. I still love the game though. Is that hypocritical? I still try to keep up with the news and such but don't often feel like logging in. I tend to really only play when friends are online and they ask me if I'm up for it. I'm not a big fan of playing these team based multiplayer games by myself. I've never really had a main per se, I enjoy playing most heroes and will often flick around based on what I feel like or what the team needs. That being said, I do like Moira a lot, there's just something about the hybrid DPS/heals and high mobility aspects that I really enjoy about her playstyle.

BizzK18

AKA
Bryan
Time Zone
Central
3DS FC
4485-3166-8495
IGN
BizzK18
I wish I was playing right now... was hopeful to get some final holiday loot boxes.

Lazuli

✧ Star Fish ✧
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Kaity and Bijou
Time Zone
GMT -6
3DS FC
3840-6615-2879
IGN
Kaity, Bijou, Lapis, or Lazuli (depends on the game)
Never played the game. Would love to someday when I have a laptop that would run it or a game system that has this game as an option.

Felly

not in love tonight
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
In the cardboard box in front of your house.
AKA
Audra
Time Zone
EST/GMT-5
An old friend got me Overwatch as a birthday present a few years ago, and I've rarely played it. It's something I typically play with friends, but I've played on my own a little bit and it's been fun. (I'm in a different group of friends now, and they play Overwatch on occasion, but not too often because we all have conflicting schedules and we're all doing this adulting thing.)

When I do play, I typically do play for fun though. First person shooters aren't really my thing, and I've never been that great at them. Overwatch is no exception to that, but I still enjoy playing regardless. I'd be willing to join the Marilland Overwatch Discord group though and play with y'all sometimes!! I mainly play D.Va, but sometimes I play Lucio. Just depends on what I'm feeling. I don't play it often enough to really have a main character that I play, but when I've been playing lately, I've been enjoying playing as D.Va and Lucio.

smoky

afterglow
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
i got overwatch for my xbox one for xmas and i really like it!!! i'm not that good at first-person shooters, so i resorted to using mercy as my main lol

i haven't been playing on it much these past couple days bc i got really wrapped up in kirby star allies, but i really wanna play a bunch of it this weekend c:

BizzK18

AKA
Bryan
Time Zone
Central
3DS FC
4485-3166-8495
IGN
BizzK18
If anyone wants to play on Xbox One hit me up!

Resolute

To the beat of his own drum
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ben, Res, Baguettes, Baggy
Time Zone
EST
Bastion plays kinda like my boy Heavy from TF2 so he's my fav :3

Dregran

Shocking Trainer
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
UTC +10
Overwatch League season 2 starts in about 10 days uwu

Kirichaki

Monokuma appears!
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Curry, Clam
Time Zone
EST
I kinda forgot I never commented on this thread but I love Overwatch to death but I've had just no fun playing it lately and so I'm a bit on a hiatus from the game and will probably play again if they ever implement role queue to try it at least.

However, I have been loving Overwatch League this year. Sure, there's lots of Goats but in the first week, EVERY SINGLE HERO was used with a dignificant portion of time and I love the expansion teams, especially the Chinese who barely ever play Goats and it is so fun to watch them.

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ben
Time Zone
UTC -8 (Pacific Time)
3DS FC
3540-0538-1086
Switch FC
SW-1778-2704-5495
IGN
Benjamin
The game's art style has intrigued me since it's release, but I've stayed away knowing how bad I am at first person shooters. If I were to play it, I'd get the on the Playstation 4 and main Mei.

ninetales

Advanced Trainer
Staff Emeritus
I've never played, but I've watched a lot of videos of people playing it and have been extremely tempted to buy it many times. Though I'm refraining because I've bought a **** ton of PC games and have never touched most of them..

Dregran

Shocking Trainer
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
UTC +10
I kinda forgot I never commented on this thread but I love Overwatch to death but I've had just no fun playing it lately and so I'm a bit on a hiatus from the game and will probably play again if they ever implement role queue to try it at least.
In the meantime, there's the Find a Group function which is pretty much the same.

Dregran

Shocking Trainer
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
UTC +10
Overwatch 2 looks pretty fun to me.