• Smash Camp 2020

Smash Camp, an event that has run for twelve years, has started once again! Everyone who joins is separated into one of four cabins where you'll compete to earn points through various activities, such as flash games, tournaments, and other events. At the end of camp, the totals will be finalized, and the cabin with the most total points wins. It's an awesome way to have fun with your friends while meeting new people in the process, and is open to anyone, not just members of the Marriland Forums!

Pre-Camp has officially started, with Camp itself beginning on Monday. It will be taking place exclusively on the Smash Camp Discord, which you may join by clicking here. If you have any questions, feel free to join the server and ask - we hope to see you there!

I'm back since forever- old roleplaying dude from Azurilland formerly known as ExplodingSausage

Sage

New Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
ExplodingSausage
Hey everyone. I'm not really sure how active Marriland is or how many people here are from Azurilland, or even who remembers me, but I'll give it a shot.

I'm ExplodingSausage, or just Sage now, since that's what everyone called me and also the old ones had some uncomfortable double entendres implicit that weirded people out a bit. My mistake entirely.

Back on Azurilland I pretty much stayed entirely in the roleplaying corner to be honest, and I'm most known for my long-lived (though very small and very slow) roleplay VYCTORIE. It was the longest running roleplay on the site I believe, unless that has changed, and not including those roleplays that had multiple editions.

Here's the link: https://www.azurilland.com/forums/creative-boards/roleplaying-corner/fandom-roleplaying/514482-vyctorie-m

I'm the younger brother of SlipperyBuizel (or just Slip) who was a much older roleplayer on the site, responsible for The Resistance roleplays, which were pretty popular.
Azurilland, the preceding edition of Marriland before it and their roleplaying forums were a big part of my high-school life back then maybe... I don't know, maybe two or three years ago. It was a great way to spend my time, made me some great friends and most of all it gave me an interest in creative writing that's a big part of my life today. I started with some laughable writing skills, writing Gary Stu overpowered characters and submitting five line replies. But my journey on that site is what I have to thank for my interest and ability in writing today. I'm frequently writing stories and such, and one of my dreams is to be able to publish a book. I was saddened the other day when I returned to discover that Azurilland had been shut down. I had hoped to see the messages I'd been left, see what my old friends were doing. I would have been pretty sad if it was all gone, but at the very least it exists in archive, and this website still continues on. I think my experience there really helped to shape me as a person in the only way a goofy semi-serious romp through the world of character building and world building could. I got so excited about every reply I got on my own rp threads, and I remember staying under the covers late at night, using the 3DS web browser to painstakingly write several hundred word replies with a stylus because my phone was out of battery.

I'd love to be able to reconnect to that memory, to the people here who still remained, and to see if this might still be a place that reinvigorates that creative spirit.

Mystical

Ysabel
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Hey Sage! I remember you. I was isa125 or Mystical_Dragonair back then. Welcome back! A few old roleplayers are gone, but some still remain and there are also some new ones, so I'd say you can give the roleplaying forums a new try if you want to!

Godot

Coffee Drinkin' College Student
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Connor
Time Zone
Central Time
Welcome back, Sage! It's definitely been a long while. Ya probably remember back when I was still using the word "prosecutor" followed by an underscore in my username. Like Isa said, the roleplaying sub-forum is still ative although we've lost some old users we've gained new ones.

Luke Strife

"Long live the king."
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Time Zone
GMT
More RPers is always a good thing! I wasn't around back then but it's always nice to see a fresh face!

Mr_NES_Dude

New Trainer
Yeah I just made an account to comment on this because I’m trying to find traces of my old RP stuff on the old site. I was part of the Resistance and Specimen and all of those from the start. Idk if I remember you, because there were so many people involved in those but it’s just weird to be back here again. :)

Typhlosion

Flaming Torch
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
US Central (GMT -6:00)
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
Yeah I just made an account to comment on this because I’m trying to find traces of my old RP stuff on the old site. I was part of the Resistance and Specimen and all of those from the start. Idk if I remember you, because there were so many people involved in those but it’s just weird to be back here again. :)
Hello Mr_NES_Dude! As per the Official Rules of our forums, we ask that you please not revive introduction threads which have not seen any posts in over two weeks. If you're looking to connect with someone in a thread that shouldn't be revived, sending them a PM is a good place to start. In the future, just don't forget to check the timestamps on each post and you'll be fine!