AKA
Athena, Any variant of that
Time Zone
PST
3DS FC
0920-1282-6394
IGN
Athena/Sirena Usually
In the spirit of Thanksgiving, we all think about what we are thankful for. Friends, family, lovers, video games, food, whatever it may be!
What are you thankful for in yourself? In others? In the world around you?

Last edited:

Godot

Coffee Drinkin' College Student
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Connor
Time Zone
Central Time
I'm thankful for all the people that have helped my family post flood. I'm thankful that I got out of my house before **** hit the fan. But after all that, I'm thankful that I've got this nice little, digital community to hang out in. I'm glad I've made so many friends, both here and on Azurilland, some of whom haven't been present for a long time. Look, honestly the list goes on and if I wanted to state everyone's usernames I'd be here a while. The point is I'm glad I've got so many people that I would call friends, acquaintances, and so forth.

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ben
Time Zone
UTC -8 (Pacific Time)
3DS FC
3540-0538-1086
Switch FC
SW-1778-2704-5495
IGN
Benjamin
I'm thankful for my amazing moms, the irl friends who have stuck with me, and everyone here.

DeepSeaPrincess

Pretty Voice
AKA
Athena, Any variant of that
Time Zone
PST
3DS FC
0920-1282-6394
IGN
Athena/Sirena Usually
I'm so happy everyone has so many great people in their lives! Although, I meant this thread to be more of thankfulness about yourself and less others. But since that's not what happened I can just change the title and such. Thanksgiving is about all kinds of things after all!

Revan

Wound in the Force
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Ravey, Steve
Time Zone
US Central Time
Christy is who I am most thankful for this year. She's extremely caring, smart, and funny, and she never fails to brighten my days: even on very bad days she still makes me smile. I'm overall very thankful that we started talking more earlier in the year and became friends then and that she's in my life now as both my best friend and my girlfriend. <3

I'm thankful for my other friends and my family as well. Without them I wouldn't be where I am today and would have struggled both in school and with other various things in life as well. I'm also thankful for the professors at my old college: especially my research advisor for everything he's done over the past four years and for being patient with me when I was struggling, the professors with whom we collaborated for research, and a few other select professors who have helped me grow a TON just by being in their courses or working with them on projects.

I'm thankful that I'm very passionate about the things that I like and that I can care about others as much as I can. I'm also thankful for my determination when it comes to things I really want to do, and for my ability to enjoy playing the trumpet even after barely touching it for three years. Oh, and also for my ability to be funny at very random times even when I don't mean to be.

I'm thankful for the experiences I've had thus far, especially the opportunities I had at college and also the internships I've had. Although some experiences during undergrad/internships and other life experiences in general have affected me very negatively mentally, I still learned a lot about myself and my career goals from them, and have grown a lot as a person from them. I'm also thankful for having enough money to pay rent and to buy food and gifts for people. And of course, I'm thankful for the internet because without it not only would I have never met anyone on here, but my field of study would have been even more difficult to work in.

Last edited:

smoky

afterglow
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
i’m really thankful for my creativity. not just drawing and stuff, but piano too. art in general. any and all art is such an interesting look into the human psyche. art is how i cope with everything. whether it be making some crazy drawing that takes me weeks, writing a song, poetry, whatever. art helps me deal with my issues. art keeps me sane.

i’m really thankful for my friends too. not naming specifics, but you know who you are. i’m really happy that i’ve met all of them. i know i can get annoying at times or say stuff that no one understands cuz they’re all old :hawyee:, but it’s the people who stuck with me through all of that that i’m the most thankful for.

shhmew

❤ ❤ ❤
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Katey
i am so thankful for the people who stick by my side. my very few very close friends mean the absolute world to me.

included in that is the most loving and patient boyfriend i could have asked for.

today was a little rough because i had to work all day for thanksgiving, but i got free food there on my lunch (pie and rolls and stuffing and turkey mmmmm) and taking the bus home went smoother than i expected. I'm now home safe and sound and i'm thankful for that.

i'm thankful to even have my job, and to have a nice little apartment living with my best friend.

i'm thankful my parents love me so much and still try to check in on me and make sure i'm okay.

i'm thankful for a lot of things i could never list them all

theDINOsaurus

Golden Flower
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Dino, Christy
I'm thankful for:

a very sweet boyfriend who always cares about my feelings,
my friends and family who support me in everything I do,
the cutest cat ever,
a stable job that pays enough for me to live comfortably,
the opportunity to make a positive difference in people's lives through my work

On the original topic of things I'm thankful for about myself, I'm very thankful for my ability to learn new things quickly, my resilience, my compassion, and my imagination.

Pendraflare

Eat up, bud.
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
Hm, I'm thankful for...

The people around me who always put up with me even when I feel like I don't have it good. These include my friends on Facebook who like to hear what I have to say, and the people on this forum on that note too.
A job that pays good and I was mostly able to get thanks to outside resources.
Being able to make other people happy, whether it be here or while out.
How my parents still have me here when I haven't set out to live independently yet.

There are many more things I could list, but I think those are just a few to name. (=

Dragonite

have they found the One Piece yet
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
3DS FC
4682-8983-8215
Switch FC
SW-8460-1905-2708
IGN
Dragonite, usually
The (modern) Internet. We kinda take it for granted now but for pretty much all of human history if you wanted to talk about politics with people from Australia or sports with people from Germany or get help with growing potatoes from someone three towns over you were a bit out of luck. Nowwe don't even have to think about it.

As an extension, does anyone else ever stop to think about how amazing it is that (for the most part) you can meet someone from the literal other side of the world and not even bat an eye? The Internet is awesome.

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
Oh man, there's definitely a lot to be thankful for. Okay, so for starters, I'm thankful for the community on here. Y'all have become a big part of my life. You have helped to brighten my days and I honestly have no idea what I'd do without any of you. So thank you everybody.

Next, I'm thankful for my family. They are wonderful, they have always supported me and had my back and I'm glad that I'm able to live the life that I do because of them. I definitely feel safe when I'm with them.

I'm thankful for the fact I managed to complete university with a 3.5 GPA over all my courses and that I managed to get a job the day after I wrote my last final. Not only am I thankful for my job, but I've definitely learned a lot in such a short time from working at my job, so I'm thankful for that as well.

I'm thankful for Connor McDavid because holy **** the kid is amazing and I'm so ****ing thankful I have season tickets to the Oilers so I can watch him live several times each season.

Lastly, myself. I'm thankful for my own resilience. That's always been such a strong part of me, no matter how badly I fall I have always been able to get up and keep going, even when it doesn't feel like I will. I'm thankful for how smart I am and how I never give up on things and somehow always find a way to figure them out, even when I doubt myself. I'm thankful for how much I have grown and continue to grow. I am also thankful for my undying commitment to my future children. They are the light that guides me, and I hope I continue to do them proud. <3