AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
US Central (GMT -6:00)
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
Hey everyone. I'd like to discuss methods for transferring multiple photos between devices, for instance from a smartphone to a computer.

I'm sure I'm not alone in that whenever I wanted a picture from my phone on my laptop, I used to simply upload it to Imgur, which I can access easily on both devices. However, since Imgur has decided to cut mobile upload service (for whatever stupid reason), that clearly doesn't work anymore. If it was just one or two photos I would email them to myself, but for upwards of 25 like I have to transfer now, that isn't super feasible.

How do you get around this problem? What's your preferred method of shuffling images around?

Bloodyskullz

Rookie Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
If I had to do this which I don't but I think your best bet is to utilize a cloud service like one drive or dropbox. Have a specified folder on the computer and get your phone to synchronize to that folder. But honestly for me I just upload my photo's automatically to one drive and I don't bother looking at it on a PC unless i need to access something from there. It's my primary source of backup for photos

Thundawave

♪ Aroma White ♪
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Thunda, Regine
Time Zone
EST
3DS FC
4184-1904-4290
Switch FC
SW-2896-2294-7693
IGN
Regine
I use the imgur app most of the time when uploading pictures from my phone, though I preferred the web version on mobile when it still existed. The interface is clunkier, but at least it exists. Just gotta make do with what we have. :pensiveazurill:

Typhlosion

Heart and Soul
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
US Central (GMT -6:00)
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
I might get the app someday; thanks for the response! In the meanwhile I realized the photos transfer just fine through Google Photos, so that took care of my problem.

SarasaKat

bibb pretty
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Kat
Time Zone
EST
Not gonna lie, what I do is upload images to discord and use the link it generates. I've got my own server where I dump stuff, and that way it just auto-generates a link. I can't be bothered to get a whole new app for photo uploads tbh

seaturtle

Spirit Bridge
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Chris
Time Zone
MST
Switch FC
SW-3906-8627-4487
An easy one for phone to computer is just plugging your phone into your computer and transferring the files.

One that I've been using lately is the Google Photos app, it makes it really easy to sync stuff on the cloud. It's also able to scan your pictures for similar faces, meaning you can grab one picture in your gallery and have it find other pictures with the same people.

You can also set up shared albums and invite people to share pictures- that's what my family does for pictures at birthdays and stuff.

Flo

Spectacular Genie Superstar
Time Zone
BST
just email yourself its so easy