Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Chris
Time Zone
MST
Switch FC
SW-3906-8627-4487
Honestly I think it’s fine if they win consecutively. Just means everyone else sucks.
Plus like being on the chopping block potentially without getting an opportunity to be the one handing the executions so early, especially when you’re considered a “threat” for winning an HoH, just sounds unfair
just to give perspective on both sides, making it so the HoH can't win twice in a row is less of a penalty and more of an incurred risk. going for the win means that you won't be able to protect yourself (or others) in the next round, so you've gotta be careful. It makes it more interesting and adds strategy beyond just protecting yourself every round.

you get the power for one round but open yourself up to potential attacks later, which could be risky - especially if you make enemies by putting them up for vote. plus, like Kilza said, you're able to defend yourself by winning immunity later, so you aren't totally defenseless.

scott

han jisung
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
also, like.. i understand the arguments of "bbus does this, bbus does that". but this isn't bbus. it's a forum game based off of it yes, it doesn't need to follow the exact same rules ): i trust the hosts judgement on whatever happens for the balance of the game but i'd hate for this to just end up being a carbon copy of it lol

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
i think you're overlooking the rather obvious solution of just winning HoH yourself.
What do you think I was trying to do in this latest HoH competition?

even with alternating HoHs this would be a problem if two people keep winning back to back, especially if those two people cooperate in an alliance.
While that's true, that's part of the game. If two powerhouses make an alliance and keep winning, hey, nothing in the rules against that. Like that's basically what's happened in the past few BBUS seasons, just these mega alliances forming that keep trying to hold HoH week after week so they can decide what course the game takes. But by denying the reigning HoH the ability to win it back, you at least allow for that power to change hands and potentially end up with somebody who may be outside of that current HoH's alliance, whether it's early game or late game. Because if there's just one person who's so clearly head and shoulders above the rest in HoH competitions, then that's basically the whole game. Nobody can compete with them, so why even bother trying at that point?

overall I tend to agree that the same HoH would be boring, but you're acting like Flo is guaranteed to win every competition when he isn't.
It's the easiest way for me at the moment to try and convey my thoughts, by giving examples of what can happen by letting this happen, especially when it's what's happening right now. It's not like it's that difficult to use other people in Flo's place, myself included. It'd be the exact same story.

Like, Head of Household has existed since season 2 of BBUS. This rule that a person can't be HoH two weeks in a row has existed since then as well. Like despite all the rule changes BB has made over the years, that's one of the few things they've kept constant. If it ain't broke, don't break it.

Rydia

ye
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Brian
Time Zone
PST
gonna pick 134

Grunt Beavie

The Magma Grunt with a Dragonite
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Beavie, Beavs
Time Zone
Atlantic Standard Time
3DS FC
0705-6289-4703
IGN
Cali
My number will be... 100?

Also I think to keep somewhat close to the show, it'd be ideal we don't allow back to back HOH winners. The reason why that is such a big part of the game on TV is that you need to be careful with nominees. You nominate someone and they aren't out, that means next week you aren't safe. And if the person you nominated wins or an ally of their's, you are in danger.

If it was the same person winning HOH over and over again, the "expect the unexpected" and "anything can happen" part of the game is thrown out and when it is either the same people winning HOH all the time or are always in control, it isn't as entertaining.

Reactions: SAF

SarasaKat

bibb pretty
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Kat
Time Zone
EST
I’m feeling 162

Imo, if someone is good enough to win HoH challenges as varied as a video game music competition and agar.io, I think they’d deserve to control the game. I think putting in a forced opening is actually kinda unfair. If someone is good, let ‘em win. This is the same thing as saying a cabin from smash camp cannot get placing flash game scores two days in a row.

”You’re forcing someone to win immunity every time!”
Under the condition of HoH winning every time, which is a damn impressive feat in of itself. I think that’s a fair exchange. Plus, it’s not like this isn’t going to happen anyway. I don’t see how a power duo isn’t a problem and a power solo is.

Big Brother
Arguments about how BB ran it doesn’t hold merit bc the debate is if this system is fair, not if it’s true to BB. Speaking of which, I’m not sure if I agree with that system existing for the sake of fairness. It ultimately barely changes the balance of the game, which you think a rule for fairness would do. I’d argue BB made this rule to encourage alliances, since that’s what absolutely forms as of a result of this rule, and they want drama to film.

I’m not going to lose sleep over either way this falls, but that’s my two cents at the least.

Last edited:

Flo

Seventh Siren
Time Zone
BST

bro im just out here gaming y'all just need to do better

im not gonna vote either way because i'm basically the one being talked about. i agree with both arguments being displayed, in that being HOH all the time means you are not only immortal but can target who you please, and also getting to HOH is still a challenge and should be rewarded. Democracify it or something

its not like im holding the position hostage, you just have to come and get it. why should it be handed out to you thats not how this game works

also for the sake of not making myself more of a target than I am, I'll give HOH status to Jaye this time. @Karolina @seaturtle

also 176

Last edited:

Zerade

ralph
kilza:

just get good lmao and don’t be a *****

also I pick 1

seaturtle

Spirit Bridge
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Chris
Time Zone
MST
Switch FC
SW-3906-8627-4487

Karolina

Majesdanian
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Jaye
Time Zone
CST (GMT -6)

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Benjamin, James, Pemderp
Time Zone
UTC -8 (Pacific Time)
3DS FC
3540-0538-1086
Switch FC
SW-1778-2704-5495
IGN
Benjamin

Thundawave

♔ Deja Vu ♔
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Thunda, Regine
Time Zone
EST
3DS FC
4184-1904-4290
IGN
Regine
My number will be 24.

Neutral on HoH, and both arguments are legitimate.

theDINOsaurus

Golden Flower
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Dino, Christy
I don’t have a strong opinion either way. I see both positions.

Typhlosion

Tempered Steel
Rainbow Rocket Executive
Cult Classic
League Champion
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
US Central (GMT -6:00)
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
The only right number to pick is 42 and I'm kinda disappointed in y'all that it' was still on the table.
Whoops I forgot to vote on the HoH thing.

Since the show this is based on does not allow for one person to be HoH two weeks in a row, I think it makes the most sense to implement this rule for our version as well.
This makes the most sense to me.

seaturtle

Spirit Bridge
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Chris
Time Zone
MST
Switch FC
SW-3906-8627-4487
Alright everyone, with that everyone has given a number, so elimination will start shortly. I'll still let you guys discuss the HoH rules here until the next HoH event starts, so if you have more thoughts feel free to share 'em. In the meantime, here's the current votes:

HoH should NOT be able to win twice in a row
- ~Kilza~​
- BasedJarrod​
- SAF​
- Kaori​
- Grunt Beavie​
- Typhlosion​

HoH SHOULD be able to win twice in a row
- scott​
- Moxie​
- SarasaKat​
- Zerade​

Indifferent
- Rainbow Rocket Grunt​
- Flo​
- Thundawave​
- theDINOsaurus​

seaturtle

Spirit Bridge
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Chris
Time Zone
MST
Switch FC
SW-3906-8627-4487
Aight well no one has said anything else, so we'll be going with what the most people voted for. If you win a HoH competition, you may not participate in the next one.