Monotype In the Spring Time - A Black Monotype Run

LRachelR5

Junior Trainer
Seeing as I have put my Black 2 Wedlocke on hiatus until further notice I've decided that I want to do a challenge that is different to the Scramble that I am doing on Platinum and the Wedlocke that had been started. So I will be doing a Monotype run of Black using only grass types because it has been a while since I have done one and I've never done one on here. I decided to use grass types because they are a type that I do not use very often.

Rules:
I can only use Grass Types in this playthrough (though I will allow myself to use the Panpour I will be given before gym one if I need to use it)
If I need HM Slaves do not need to be of my chosen type.
I can't use split evolutions on the same team (even though none are in Black White)
If a Pokemon does not start as a grass type but evolves into a grass type then it can be used.

Chapter One: Leaving Home with a Spring in My Step
I look up as my friends arrive to collect the Pokemon that had been delivered for us by Professor Juniper. Bianca offers that I pick first, so I decide to go with Snivy and end up fighting her followed then by Cheren, which completely destroyed my bedroom. Mum agreed to clean my room for me as I headed out to find Bianca at her house having her father yelling at her about not going on an adventure. She said she was heading to the Lab too but she seemed down. Once at the Lab, I decided to call Snivy Carlos and was given the Pokedex so that I could help with her research. When this was done we headed onto Route One where Juniper showed us how to catch Pokemon which also led to Bianca wanting us to do a catching contest to see who could have the most before we get to the next town. In the next town, Professor Juniper showed Bianca and me around the Pokemon Centre. When I healed up and left the Pokemon Centre Cheren called me over and we ended up listening to some random speech by people called Team Plasma. When they left someone came up to us saying that he could hear the voices of our Pokemon and challenged me to a battle. After this I headed to Striaton City and just before getting to town I battled Bianca. After healing up I headed to the Dreamyard and fought the trainers there as well as picking up a Panpour for in case I had problems against the gym leader. Once that was done I headed to the trainer school where I battled Cheren again managing to beat him. Finally, I made my way to the gym and challenged Chilli, Carlos managed to beat Lillipup but he fainted against Pansear. So, I sent out Panpour (look back at the rules I allowed myself to use this to beat Chili).

When I beat the gym I met Fennel I agreed to go to the Dreamyard to get some Dream Mist. When I got there I met up with Bianca again and also had a run-in with Team Plasma who wanted to also use the Dream Mist for their own gain. After beating them a strange dream started with Ghetsis. Once this was over I headed back to see Fennel then headed to Route 3, I skipped the trainers at the Preschool for when I got my next two team members. I did have to use Panpour to do the mandatory double battle to get onto Route 3. Not too far in I had to battle Cheren again and managed to beat him then Bianca ran to us with a little girl chasing after Team Plasma who stole said girl's pokemon. I quickly heal and then follow Cheren into the Wellspring Cave where we took out two pairs of Grunts. After returning the Pokemon I headed down Route 3 not fighting a lot of the trainers again for training purposes later.

In Nacrene City I healed up and decided to head straight to the museum where I battled N again. Following this, I headed into the museum where I was given a tour before going to the Gym, after beating the trainers and healing it was time to take on Lenora. She wasn't overly easy but I managed to beat her. After the battle, there was a noise outside as Team Plasma stole an exhibit from the museum. Once outside we met Bianca and Cheren again as well as the gym leader Burgh. Burgh and I headed into Pinwheel Forest following after Team Plasma. Before going very far into the forest I caught Dizzy the Cottonee and Florian the Sewaddle. Before heading more into the Forest I decided to backtrack to train Dizzy and Florian.

Team

Carlos
Level: 21
Nature: Lonely
Ability: Overgrow
Moveset:
- Tackle
- Growth
- Leaf Tornado
- Leech Seed

Florian
Level: 14
Nature: Impish
Ability: Chlorophyll
Moveset:
- Tackle
- String Shot
- Bug Bite

Dizzy
Level: 14
Nature: Quirky
Ability: Infiltrator
Held Item: Big Root
Moveset:
- Growth
- Leech Seed
- Stun Spore
- Mega Drain

Last edited:

SAF

Second Violinist
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
AKA
Sania
Time Zone
+7 GMT
IGN
Sayo, Koh, Ami, Aevia, Chitose
Beating two gyms at a go, eh? Kudos to you for doing that. 👏👏👏

LRachelR5

Junior Trainer
@SAF Yeah I did for the first chapter but from now on it should be an update a gym.

Chapter Two: A Scuttling Battle
During my training of Dizzy and Florian I decided to also catch a Pansage who I called Gil because with Burgh coming up I know that I will need all the help I can get, especially against his Levanny. Once training was done I headed deeper into Pinwheel Forest to chase after Team Plasma to retrieve the Dragon Skull for Lenora. After battling through the Forest I reached the Grunt that was holding the skull as well as becoming aquainted with one of the Seven Sages of Team Plasma. Once that was dealt with Lenora gave me a Moon Stone as thanks and I headed off to Castelia City, I collect a Leaf Stone for Gil for when he hits level 22. Then make my way around the city to train and prep for Burgh who may be one of the toughest leaders to deal with having a grass team apart from Skyla. After taking on the Battle Company I make my way to the gym where I bump into Cheren who says he is heading to Route 4 after he'd beat Burgh. Burgh followed him out saying about Team Plasma being around and asked for me to go with him to find them. We found Bianca and a girl called Iris who was comforting Bianca after her Munna got stolen by Team Plasma. Burgh and I headed off to go and find Team Plasma and the missing Munna. We found them in a building near the gym, after defeating the Grunts we headed inside to find Ghetsis and some other memeber of the Seven Sages. After hearing about the ledgend of Unova's beginning Bianca's Munna was returned to her.

Following this I headed to the gym to see how my luck was against Burgh, against the trainers who would use Sewaddle I used Florian who was now a Swadloon holding the Eviolite and against Venipedes I used Gil for his pure power. When I got to Burgh I led off with Dizzy and set up a Leech Seed letting her then faint to Poison Tail so I could switch into Gil who managed to take out Whirlepede with a few Bites. Against Dwebble I sent out Carlos and took it out with Leaf Tornado and Mega Drain. Then against Levanny I used Gil and took it out with a lot of Bites and Seed Bombs and being strategic with healling up the Insect Badge was ours.

Heading to Route Four I had a battle with Bianca and then with Cheren (Florian evolved after defeating Cheren). After this I headed to the Desert Resort and caught a Maractus who I called Doug. I decided that now would be a good time to rest up before tackling the Desert Resort and the surrounding areas to train up Doug and prep for Elesa.

Team

Doug
Level: 20
Nature: Modest
Ability: Chlorophyll
Held Item: Big Root
Moveset:
- Pin Missle
- Mega Drain
- Synthesis
- Cotton Spore

Dizzy
Level: 24
Held Item: Eviolite
Moveset:
- Growth
- Leech Seed
- Poison Powder
- Mega Drain

Florian
Level: 25
Held Item: Amulet Coin
Moveset:
- Razor Leaf
- Bug Bite
- Tackle
- Protect

Gil
Nature: Lax
Ability: Gluttony
Moveset:
- Leech Seed
- Bite
- Seed Bomb
- Dig

Carlos
Held Item: Miracle Seed
Moveset:
- Mega Drain
- Growth
- Leaf Tornado
- Leech Seed

LRachelR5

Junior Trainer
Chapter Three: An Electrifying Rematch
So I had actually beaten Elsa before but when I was about to do some other training I dropped my 3DS and it froze the game and I hadn't saved so I was back to having to refight Elsa.

After getting through the Desert Resort and catching a Dwebble as an HM Slave I arrived in Nimbasa City. After doing some exploring and training I bumped into Bianca at the Pokemon Musical. When we were leaving we ran into Bianca's father who tried to get her to come back home. During the talking and arguing the city's gym leader Elesa showed up to come to Bianca's aid. Once persuaded Bianca's father agreed to let her continue travelling and I promised to look out for her when she would need it. When that was over I headed to the Amusement Park looking for Team Plasma. I found N there and rode the Ferris Wheel with him. During the ride, he told me that he was, in fact, the King of Team Plasma and when it was finished he challenged me to a battle. After defeating him he explained that if I wanted to beat him fully I was to go to the Pokemon League and face him there. Once that was taken care of I headed into the gym. Seeing as Gil could learn both Rock Tomb and Dig I wasn't overly worried about it. He took out the trainers with ease.

Against Elesa opening with her Emolga Gil used Rock Tomb twice to beat it seeing as it did not Volt Switch. The same happened with the second Emolga. By this point, Gil was left with 18HP. I thought he could outspeed Zebstrika, but I was wrong and Gil was knocked out with a Flame Charge. I decided to use Dwebble as a sacrifice play to revive and heal up Gil. Following this, Gil just kept going for Dig until Zebstrika went down earning me the badge and the TM for Volt Switch. I then headed to Route 5 where I fought against Cheren. Against Liepard I used Florian's Bug Bite. Tranquil went down to a couple of Rock Tombs when it wasn't missing or going for Detect. Dig took out Pignite afterwards once used a few times. Finally, Pansage was defeated after using Pin Missle twice.

After this, Elsea introduces us to Alder the Champion of the Unova Region, he was wondering why we were on our journeys and reprimanded Cheren for just looking for strength. To try and prove a point Alder asked us to battle two children, which we did and beat their Herdiers. After crossing the Driftveil Drawbridge we met Clay who told us that Team Plasma had escaped as the bridge was lowered and the only way we could fight him would be to round them up for him. Before looking for them I headed to Route 6 where I caught Evie the Deerling and caught a level 20 static encounter Foongus that was female and I called her Mal. However, on the way back to town I ran into a stronger male Foongus which I caught and called Hades. Once comparing the two of them I took Hades with me seeing as he had a Timid nature whereas Mal was Adamant so I left my Dwebble in the PC and deposited Doug because, he just did not really do much for the team as a whole, I just had the EXP share on and he didn't fight very often in the short time he was on my team plus I have Florian who can use Bug moves to more effect. Now I have some training to do before I go after Team Plasma and take on Clay.

Team

Florian
Level: 27
Moveset:
- Razor Leaf
- Bug Bite
- Return
- Protect

Carlos
Level: 26