Introducing Myself!

Ella-May Lowell

Rookie Trainer
Time Zone
Eastern Standard Time
3DS FC
0920-2050-5910
Hi! My name's Ella-May. I'm new to these forums, and also fairly new to Marriland's fanbase. A lot of this you can find in my bio, but I enjoy Pokémon and Nuzlocking (thanks to Marriland!), as well as drawing, writing, reading and listening to/playing music when I'm not gaming. I'm excited to be a part of this community!

~Kilza~

A Hockey Boy
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
Hey Ella-May! Welcome to Marriland! It's always a good time whenever we get new members! How much of the Pokemon series have you played? Which of the Pokemon games is your favorite? How many Nuzlocke's have you done?

Anyways, hopefully you'll enjoy it here and stick around!

Ella-May Lowell

Rookie Trainer
Time Zone
Eastern Standard Time
3DS FC
0920-2050-5910
Hello! Nice to meet you! As for the answers to your questions, I have played everything from Black (my personal favourite entry) to the original Moon, and I have Diamond and SoulSilver currently on the go. The only game I've ever successfully Nuzlocked so far is Black and White, where I've completed 2 runs, one of which I'm turning into a comic! (Slowly... but steadily). Thank you for the warm welcome!

Mirage

Pokemon Master
AKA
Drake, Mirage, Izzy
Time Zone
(UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada)
Hey Ella-May! We already met, but I'd like to officially welcome you to the forums! I hope you stay around for the community :) I just got one question for ya: ARE YOU EXCITED FOR THE NEW POKEMON GAMES?!!! :D

Ella-May Lowell

Rookie Trainer
Time Zone
Eastern Standard Time
3DS FC
0920-2050-5910
Hello! Thanks for the welcome! And YEEES! Now all I need is a Switch :tearazurill:

(Also, can promise, not Kilza xD)

Pendraflare

It me.
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
Greetings, Ella May! I’ve already seen you on the Discord, but I’ll still post here because why not. I too enjoy the post-Gen IV games, big Gen V fan in particular. And Nuzlocking is something I’ve enjoyed for years now too! As well as writing even though I wish I was better at it than I am. 😅

But anyway, I’m always open for a talk if you need anything or just want to chat! Hope to see you around. ^^

theDINOsaurus

I See the Light
AKA
Dino, Christy
A comic seems like a huge commitment! It would be really cool to see it if you're up for sharing it in our playthroughs subforum! It's nice to meet you, Ella-May. Are there any particular non-Pokemon games you enjoy?

Ella-May Lowell

Rookie Trainer
Time Zone
Eastern Standard Time
3DS FC
0920-2050-5910
Thank you, both of you! I went to bed shortly after you appeared, which is why I'm so late 😅
As for my comic, I want to finish the entire thing before posting it anywhere, so I don't have it up anywhere yet, but thanks so much for the support! I'll be sure to do so when I am ready :catsmileazurill:. And I'm sure you're a great writer, Pendra.
Some non-Pokémon series I enjoy would be Fire Emblem, Rune Factory, Professor Layton and Kirby. There are probably more that I forgot but those are all the recent ones since I don't have too much time for video games these days 😅, hopefully we have some similar interests!
Thank you again for the welcome!

SAF

Child of the Musketeers (?)
AKA
Sania
Time Zone
+7 GMT
IGN
Sayo, Koh, Ami, Aevia
Welcome, fellow newbie (hold on, can I still call myself a newbie anymore? :v ) :happyazurill:
And hey, seems like I've got to meet a huge fan of Nuzlocke here. Did you do any variants of it? Or maybe just the classic one?

Ella-May Lowell

Rookie Trainer
Time Zone
Eastern Standard Time
3DS FC
0920-2050-5910
Oh goodness, I'm so late to this 😅 But thank you, both of you!
I did draw it! Thank you for the compliment! And the comic is a Nuzlocke retelling of Black. I'm super excited to be able to start sharing it :uwuazurill:
As for the Nuzlockes, I've tried (and failed) a couple Wedlockes, and I've been meaning to try other variants. My favourite way to play is just a standard Nuzlocke with limitations (limited/no healing in battle, no PC, level limits, etc), I find that taht creates a challenge, but not too much of one. How about you? Also, thanks again for the welcome!

Ella-May Lowell

Rookie Trainer
Time Zone
Eastern Standard Time
3DS FC
0920-2050-5910
ABSOLUTELY! I'M SO EXCITED TO EVEN HEAR IT'S IN DEVELOPMENT :lolazurill:

SAF

Child of the Musketeers (?)
AKA
Sania
Time Zone
+7 GMT
IGN
Sayo, Koh, Ami, Aevia
I did draw it! Thank you for the compliment! And the comic is a Nuzlocke retelling of Black. I'm super excited to be able to start sharing it :uwuazurill:
A comic, huh? Gotta look forward to reading it :hmmazurill:
As for the Nuzlockes, I've tried (and failed) a couple Wedlockes, and I've been meaning to try other variants. My favourite way to play is just a standard Nuzlocke with limitations (limited/no healing in battle, no PC, level limits, etc), I find that taht creates a challenge, but not too much of one. How about you?
As for myself, I've been doing my own Nuzlocke variant: the String Hexalocke. It's basically a Nuzlocke but mirrors a string sextet somehow. If you're interested, feel free to click "From Light Fang to Alola" and "The Double Team Adventure" in my sig for examples of such runs. The latter one is a co-op, though.

Btw, does this count as advertising?

Ella-May Lowell

Rookie Trainer
Time Zone
Eastern Standard Time
3DS FC
0920-2050-5910
Alright, I’ll be sure to check it out! And thanks for the interest in the comic!