|:| ITEM INSANITY |:|

B!RD

Fanciful Flamingo
AKA
Queen, PQ

The Royal Castle of Devin, Marriland, 2018

Thundawave, Marilland Administrator , strolled into the meeting room hastily. If the plan were to succeed, they would need to be quick. Really quick.

It had been years since Marriland had been occupied. For many a century, Devin's lands had been abandoned, with all of the people of the realm residing in Azurilland. But that had changed with the databombs.

The databombs changed everything, wiping Azurilland clean. Most of the citizens escaped the attacks. Those who didn't were mutated beyond control. The realms of the formerly prosperous Azurilland were taken by the Dark Queen, who had since launched spam attacks of great destruction against the Marrilanders.

Well, no longer.

Thundawave strode into the Portal Room, a simple room with several warriors, ready to take back Azurilland, and a glowing portal.

"It's time for your quest to begin. Take back Azurilland, and defeat the witch. Good luck and godspeed."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to Item Insanity, a game where creativity is your friend, and also your enemy! Join me (once again, I know, next time it'll be somebody else, I swear) on a DnD-style question, but with less numbers and dice and more original knowledge and unique ideas!

Let's dive right on in, shall we?

I. Credits

Firstly, I'd like to give a quick shout-out to Sableye, Lufia, Lusamine, and Bones Barlow. Without their previous contributions to the Item Insanity series, none of this could have ever happened. So thank you.

I'd also like to thank the Marriland/Azurilland community for allowing this to happen. None of this would be possible without this beautiful forum, so thanks for that.

And lastly, all the people who play this deserve credit for their commitment to the game. Thank you for your patience with me as a host and with your fellow players, and I hope you enjoy this one.

II. Tutorial

A. The Format
The I.I. format remains, once again, mostly unchanged. Here comes the form, complete with the description-

Level
(You know, like video game levels.)
Turn
(What turn of the level you're on. Turns reset by level.)
(Name of the location that the levels takes place on.)
Location Description
(Description of the location. Use this to your advantage.)
Events
(The going-on in this level. Use to coordinate actions.)
Enemies
(The statistics of your opponents on the level. All enemies must be killed/pacified to progress.)
Entities
(The statistics of neutral entities on the level. Entities may be hostile or neutral, but they do not have to be killed/pacified to progress.)
Players
(Detailed stats on all of the players, as well as their weapons, outfits, and more.)

B. Making a Character
Here at Item Insanity, our goal is to have YOU be in charge of your own destiny, which means that your character will be modeled as similarly to your real persona as possible. Your abilities and starting weapon will be based off of your character traits.

C. Experience
IT DOESN'T EXIST!!!!1!!1!!! You'll gain HP and damage simply from playing the game.

D. Actions
Actions are always a toughie in the Item Insanity series. Here it comes, a distinctive list of action rules

-Every turn, you can submit an action. This action should detail a single fluid action. (ex. John picks up a brick and throws it would be an acceptable answer because it describes a single attack. John picks up an arrow, lights it on fire, and shoots it with his bow would NOT be acceptable because it combines the lighting and shooting of the arrow.)

-Your actions MUST be only that, and not a result. I will decide the results. No godmodding por favor.

-NO EDITING ACTIONS. When your action is complete, underline it so I know it's for real. If you fail to underline you won't get an action. Make sure you communicate before submitting in order to maximize the effects of each turn.

III. Form

Fill out this form to join.

Name: that thing on your birth certificate.
Defining Traits: List 2 traits that you think define your personality.
Style: Describe, in a sentence or two, the style that you would fight in. Healer? Warrior? Mage? Bard? Tell me here.
Favorite Color: Name your favorite color. This will be used to determine your starting weapon ( a bit of a stretch, bear with me please. ).

That's it! Happy hunting.

Thanks for reading! Sign-up below.​

B!RD

Fanciful Flamingo
AKA
Queen, PQ

1541450711631.png

Written by Sir Olanthareus Marcini Grumbleton, a famed adventurer, the Adventurer's Almanac contains all the information you need to know about your opponents, allies, and the world of Azurilland.

It would have, at least, before the databombs.

The databombs changed the almanac, wiping it clean. Any information about your adventurers will be charted in the Almanac, however, so check back here frequently!

Living Armchair
An armchair brought to life. As lazy as real armchairs make a person, the Living Armchair fires pillows to fight.

Living Sofa
A sofa, lined with teeth and with legs as chairs.

Living TV
An animated TV that is coursing with electricity.

Rodeo Clown
A tougher-than-usual clown with great brawn, but not much brain.

Whiteface Clown
A dude with makeup.

Charismatic
Your suave charisma allows you to convince beings in Azurilland things that they normally wouldn't!

Darker Magics
Certain dead opponents, with a jolt of energy, can be revived to join you in the field briefly. Exhausts you after usage, though, so be wise.

Healing Blessings
You can cast a blessing on your allies, healing some of their HP! Can only be used once per round, though.

Helping Hands
A kind soul, you can transfer your kindness to others, allowing you to either heal or boost another player's attack.

Musicality
The power of music allows you to use different genres of music to serve different purposes on the field, from boosts to status effects to more!

NRG
Gain a burst of energy while at low HP.

Sharpshooter
Your aim is out-of-this-world extraordinary, giving you great accuracy and more power from a distance!

Insta-Grow Seed Packets
A seed that will instantly grow into a massive plant on contact with water. Useful for offense, defense, or both.

Jousting Lance
A lance that a knight would use in a joust. Sharp enough to run right through weaker opponents. A running charge enhances its capacity tenfold.

Lightning Rod
A magic item the size of a wand and made of stainless steel, the Lightning Rod can charge up and fire weak to moderately powerful bolts of lightning. The longer it powers up, the more damage it can dish out.

Magic Umbrella
A solid conduit for magic, the Magic Umbrella is also incredibly protective from both magical and physical damage, and is excellent when you don’t want to get wet.

Moon Circle
A circular silver disc. Can be used to pull enemies closer or farther away with the power of GRAVITY.

Mythical Mail
A heavy armor chestplate. Stops MOST piercing weapons from dealing full damage and causing Bleed.

Orb Series
Designed as magical hand-grenades, every orb in the Orb Series causes a special effect
Freeze Orb: Deal moderate damage and freeze enemies solid in a small radius. Can also create constructs out of ice. Single use.

Phoenix Feather
A small, scarlet feather, the Phoenix Feather can either be used to restore large amounts of HP, or create a fiery explosion that deals heavy damage and applies Burn to enemies. Only one use, so be wise.

Quadcopter
A remote-controlled drone, the Quadcopter is equipped with a flash camera along with a electric taser gun. A small and fast drone, the Quadcopter's greatest strength is its ability to be upgraded by those with some tools and a creative mind.

Queen's Mic
Queen's personal karaoke mic, the mic has three settings- Setting 1 simply boosts volume, Setting 2 fires blasts of sound that do minor damage, and Setting 3 releases tremors that deal significant damage but rapidly wear through the battery.

Rail Gun
A heavy weapon that fires powerful blasts of energy. Can deal heavy damage, but takes time to reload and is hard to aim properly.

Repeating Rifle
A rifle that fires several powerful, gunpowder-y blasts before requiring a reload.

Shining Silver Sword
A large claymore, with razor-sharp edges and a beautiful glint. Excellent for hacking your foes to pieces with grace.

Stormy Daggers
Daggers synchronized with the wind allowing for quick strikes, and capable of firing gusts of wind and small cyclones to knock your foes around.

Immobilized
Uh-oh! You're stuck! When you're immobilized, you must spend an action to free yourself (or be freed by somebody else) before doing otherwise.

From "The Sounds of Music" by Bey Toven

A great deal of music can be incorporated into the magical realms, provided the necessary aptitude is there. One such genre is the CONGA. The conga is normally just a style of music, but with proper focus and magical wit it becomes a captivating spell forcing opponents into a dancing spree. How lovely!

Another example of this is disco. Normally just a style of music again, but with proper focus? A tool to challenge your opponents into a fierce "dance duel." Some opponents will be greatly affected by this, and more musically inclined ones will instantly be defeated if losing. If you lose though, prepare to feel the shame.

Last edited:

B!RD

Fanciful Flamingo
AKA
Queen, PQ
Sign-Ups

Currently empty. Sign-up now!

Reminder: Sign-ups for Item Insanity will always be open! Feel free to drop in at any time!

B!RD

Fanciful Flamingo
AKA
Queen, PQ
already to the bottom? disappointment intensifies.

preliminary bump. don't make me do this again.

Dizzy

Happy Home Showcaser
AKA
Rowlix
Time Zone
CST
Name: Dizzy
Defining Traits: Smart, musical
Style: In RPGs, I always either played a bard style or a necromancer style. A bard necromancer? HMMMMM
Favorite Color: Aqua Green

Mystical

Dragon Spirit
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Cult Classic
Yeah, I'm giving this another go...!!!

Name: Isa/Mystical
Defining Traits: Kind, creative (the third one would be smart, but I don't want to be a copycat :cheekyazurill:)
Style: I'd be a mage or something that's long range defensive.
Favorite Color: hmm I'll go with navy blue

SiNofTheAbyss

Anime Cthulhu
AKA
SiN, Mal, Shiny
Time Zone
EST
IGN
Sin (US)
Let's go!

Name: SiN/KingCrimSiN
Defining Traits: Sarcastic, Nerdy (I'd also say Pessimistic, but you specified 2 traits)
Style: I would most likely resort to something that has a medium-to-long range, while staying on the offensive. That's the kind of class I normally choose in MMOs, at least.
Favorite Color: Turquoise (Contradicts my username a bit, but w/e, I'm not actually a JoJo Stand)

SarasaKat

bibb pretty
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Kat
Time Zone
EST
Name: Kat
Defining Traits: Competitive, Enthusiastic
Style: To use DnD terminology, probably a Wild Magic Sorcerer. I tend to play a mix of DPS and support, mainly with speed buffs and healing. I like being a speedy boi myself too
Favorite Color: Sunset Orange

Moxie

Veteran Ditz
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Daam
Name: Moxie
Defining Traits: Excitable, Optimistic
Style: It doesn't really match my personality, but I love using short range/melee characters in games with classes. I tend to rush into fights a lot and inconvenience all of my friends playing with me Kind of reliant on taking hits and hitting hard
Favorite Color: My favorite colour is base solid Red. Not lighter tones, but mainly darker ones

Vulture

that guy, you know
Name: Vulture
Defining Traits: Disorganised, Understanding
Style: Generally speaking, whatever class allows me to use speech/charisma/whatever to get out of situations without actually fighting. Failing that, I go with fast attackers who can dodge well.
Favorite Color: Cobalt blue

let's hope one of these that i join actually survives for once

B!RD

Fanciful Flamingo
AKA
Queen, PQ
Alright, alright, let's not dally any further and jump into the fray!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lore
After wishing them good luck, Thundawave sent the band of heroes through the portal, equipped with a slew of weapons and empowered by a slew of abilities, all in the quest to reconquer Azurilland.

The portal's other end opened outside PokeQueen Castle, a large looming castle located at the heart of Azurilland, perched atop a hill rising above the wastelands beyond. The heroes prepared themselves, entering through the front doors of the castle.

What they expected was a menacing entrance hall, complete with suits of armor, weapons, and fierce guards, perhaps some severed heads and cursed relics as well.

What they found was a large party-decorated room, with long tables covered in rainbow wrapping, balloons, and more. At the center was a giant cake with the words “WELCOME” and behind the pastry was Queen herself, wearing an elegant red dress and a party hat.

“Welcome to the party, Marrilanders!” she said to the confused audience. “I’m Queen, and this is my castle, where you will receive the honor of dying in!”

The warriors prepared themselves as Queen laughed. “Confused, are you? Well, let’s not dally on this point! Get the party favors!”

Queen snapped, and several large gift boxes exploded open, revealing brilliantly-colored (and incredibly demonic-looking) clowns, which slunk towards the group like wild animals.

“Let the party begin!”

~~~~

Level

Turn

Location Description
A large ballroom, covered with party tables. The walls of the room are layered in wallpaper of confetti. Each of the tables has several balloons attached along with several unopened gift boxes, significantly smaller than several of the large gift boxes that formerly held the clowns.

On the edge of the room lies a treasure chest marked “Lost + Found.” It sits next to a small bubble maker, which was currently emitting a steady flow of soap bubbles that floated across the room.

The clowns stand at the center of the room. Behind them is the cake, and behind that is Queen.

Events
-A chandelier hangs precariously from the ceiling.

-The treasure chest vibrates. What could be in there?

-The bubble machine begins to output a faint smell of smoke. Obviously it’s not in good shape.

-The gifts sit on the tables unmoving.

-The cake looks hella delicious.

-The clowns bounce eagerly, ready to tear apart their prey.

-Queen sits confidently in a folding chair away from the action.

Enemies

Rodeo Clown [55/55 HP] - Holding the Bullwhip, Wearing the Cowboy Hat
Whiteface Clown A [30/30 HP] - Holding the Baseball Bat
Whiteface Clown B [30/30 HP] - Holding the Shovel

Entities

PokeQueen [800/800 HP] - Holding the Queen’s Scepter

Players

Dizzy [35/35 HP] Wisdom, Musicality, Darker Magics - Holding the Lightning Rod

Isa [35/35 HP] Helping Hands, Innovator, Healing Blessings - Holding the Magic Umbrella

SiN [35/35 HP] Sharp Tongue, Poindexter, Sharpshooter - Holding the Lightning Rod

Kat [35/35 HP] Competitor, NRG, Dangerous Sorcery- Holding the Phoenix Feather

Moxie [35/35 HP] NRG, Silver Linings, No Pain No Gain- Holding the Jousting Lance

Vulture [35/35 HP] I’m a Mess, Empathy, Charismatic Charlie - Wearing the Mythical Mail

!! HINT !!
The Almanac will be updated shortly. Remember, abilities will unlock themselves if you put yourself in a situation where they will be useful. Try being creative.​

SarasaKat

bibb pretty
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Kat
Time Zone
EST
What's directly below the chandelier at the moment?

@B!RD

I'd like to put the feather behind my ear for Style Points. "M'am, if you goal is power here, using force is a terrible idea. Wouldn't using diplomacy and changing things from within the system be a much more effective tactic for long term power?"

I go up to and examine the Lost-and-Found chest. I don't open it, but I'm curious if a close examination can tell me what's inside.

Last edited:

Moxie

Veteran Ditz
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Daam
Well I'm not sure if I want to stab something right out the bat so I guess option 2

I run to the bubble machine and examine it

Dizzy

Happy Home Showcaser
AKA
Rowlix
Time Zone
CST
nooo moxie i was going to give that bubble machine a big zap from my wand...

Vulture

that guy, you know
I'd like to examine the smaller gift boxes. Do they appear to have anything inside them?
also i swear the first room of every item insanity always has a precarious chandelier in it

B!RD

Fanciful Flamingo
AKA
Queen, PQ
A portal popped open, Francis leaping out to join the fray!

Francis [35/35 HP] Sleepy, Stoic, Wild Shape - Holding the Rail Gun (yes, this reflects the color pink)

@SarasaKat Currently, the chandelier is positioned above the cake along with yours truly.

@Vulture underline kthx :)

@KingCrimSiN @Mystical zero pressure, just wanted to make sure you knew this was a thing.​

Vulture

that guy, you know
oh yeah sorry i completely forgot that part

I examine the small gift boxes-do they have anything inside them?

SiNofTheAbyss

Anime Cthulhu
AKA
SiN, Mal, Shiny
Time Zone
EST
IGN
Sin (US)
Hmmm. . .

I cautiously back away and begin to charge up my Lightning Rod, in case non-violent methods fail.

Dizzy

Happy Home Showcaser
AKA
Rowlix
Time Zone
CST
:hmmazurill:
I give a zap to CrimSin's Lightning Rod. Who knows, maybe it'll make it super powerful.