Not open for further replies.

Bonkenhi

you know how crows hop around?
Staff Emeritus
AKA
George
Time Zone
GMT
...since I posted a thread on Marriland's Introduce Yourself for the first time.

When I think about that period of time, it strikes me as being quite strange- that I was a high schooler who... basically ended up harassing Devin for Pokémon battles in my first moments here. I've had some of my best friendships because of this place and have been able to have a nice time online. I'm not going to get too carried away with the sentiment, don't worry...

I'm George, a 27 year old from the UK. For anyone who doesn't know me or wants the latest goss... here's a fun old ten point list of Fun George Facts:

1 - I play badminton... as of 3 years ago. I never took it up before and now I'm alright at it?

2 - I'm probably more into Fire Emblem than I am Pokémon... but I still played Let's Go Pikachu and it was wholesome.

3 - I've met a few people here now... not even sure who's around but it's crazy to me that I've met a couple of American members/former members. (Guessing Mark/Zach are most likely to be around out of those I've met?)

4 - I was, for a couple of years an administrator for the forums. (We're talking 5 years ago...!)

5 - I work as an administrator in an office. Well... that's fitting, right?

6 - I've been going out with a guy from Edinburgh for a couple of years... and plan on living with him, soon perhaps? (Takes ages to get there and back...!)

VII - I'm a numbers man. I like numbers. I have a piece of paper saying I'm pretty good at numbers. There was a time I calculated the capacity of someone's mug in my office and they looked at me like I'd cast some black magic. I do think it ends up looking like eldritch incantations once you take maths further than you should...

8 - Did I mention I like the Soulsborne series, Tales of series, Final Fantasy series and probably a lot of other games? Probably not!

9 - My favourite thing about Marriland was when the community all got involved in antics like Mafia (I remember some massive games!) or when Hurt & Heal was at its prime... I know that Smash Camp is now over here but I've been on holiday both times it's happened, maybe next year?

10 - I'm always happy to chat with whoever- not just the class of 2007/08/09/10 or whatever. Bear with me if I disappear a bit here and there though- I'll try to stick around!

This is somewhere I would consider an internet home... and it looks very much like I remembered it in its best times.

(I actually don't even have any 100 x 100 avvys on this laptop this is a disaster...)

Varhii

Shaggy Webber
AKA
SG
Time Zone
EST
Our lord and savior has returned! (also avatar dimensions on here are 96x96 iirc)

Bonkenhi

Staff Emeritus
AKA
George
Time Zone
GMT
Sam, Benny, Kolton- good to see you all. :) It's nice to see some familiar faces.

@Sam: Matt's (not of any relation to any of the other Matts you know!) been lovely to me- though with him out of the country for a couple of weeks I realise that we do end up talking for a LONG time each week haha.

@Kolton: damn. that's even smaller than I thought. I think my uh... placeholder will do for now hah.

Nice to meet you Bunnie. :) Thanks for the welcome!

Biohazard

Somebody is digging my bones
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Wiktoria, Lycoris
Time Zone
UTC+2
welcome back to marriland! i've heard of your name before, but i haven't seen you around on the forums because i joined it in 2016. hope you'll have a good time here.

Greninjaman

Aquatic Ninja Assassin
Hi there! I too am a returning member from the old forums. See you around.

seaturtle

Go Beyond! Plus Ultra!!
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
Cabin 2
AKA
Chris
Time Zone
MST
Switch FC
SW-3906-8627-4487
George!!!!!! I know I already messaged you on Discord but hi!!!!!!!! !!!!!!! !!!!

Ice_Dragon

The Fairy Dragon
Staff Emeritus
Time Zone
GMT +8
Welcome back to the forums, George!

Always nice to see the class of 2007 return, it's great to hear that you're doing well irl as well. :P

Also, your avatar is first class.

Thundawave

☆ POP/STAR ☆
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Thunda, Regine
Time Zone
EST
3DS FC
4184-1904-4290
IGN
Regine
Whoa it George

Welcome back! Hope you make yourself at home once more. Enjoy the new site, which works just about 100% of the time!

~Kilza~

Contemplation
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
Hey George! Welcome back to Marriland! We've never known each other, you left Marriland well before I became active on Azurilland, but I have heard quite a bit about you and you seem like a really cool guy! Plus you like Golden Sun so hey huge plus in my book, lol. Hopefully you enjoy being back here!

Bonkenhi

Staff Emeritus
AKA
George
Time Zone
GMT
@Lycoris, Greninjaman & Chris: Thank you very much!

Welcome back to the forums, George!

Always nice to see the class of 2007 return, it's great to hear that you're doing well irl as well. :P

Also, your avatar is first class.
Glad to see you here Melvin... gotta represent our year! (God it's scary how long we've existed on this forum you know)

Whoa it George

Welcome back! Hope you make yourself at home once more. Enjoy the new site, which works just about 100% of the time!
Wh00000a it Regine. Thanks for the warm welcome... I'm going to have to get used to everything being functional, it's weird.

Hey George! Welcome back to Marriland! We've never known each other, you left Marriland well before I became active on Azurilland, but I have heard quite a bit about you and you seem like a really cool guy! Plus you like Golden Sun so hey huge plus in my book, lol. Hopefully you enjoy being back here!
you and I are going to get along swimmingly. glad to see they've had some cool people join in my absence!

Scherzo

too lazy to change my title
Hello George! Welcome back! It's different but also nice to see you on a platform other than 4P. Don't worry if you have to disappear for a bit; I'm a clear example of someone who has to disappear so many times because of different stuff. Glad to see that you're doing well!

Solar

Loog Noog Supreme
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Hunter
Bonks <33333333333333 SO GLAD YOU'RE HERE!!!!!!!!!!

Gokudera

4th Dan
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Devin
0.0. Well, damn, this is quite a bowl of nostalgia.
Welcome back, man!! I don't think we ever really talked in the past much, but I'm super happy you're back!

Pushean

Formerly PrimalD
AKA
Sean
holy **** it's been an eternity since I've talked with George 😮 it's nice to see a familiar face and welcome back!! (i say that but i haven't been here either HAHA)

Bonkenhi

Staff Emeritus
AKA
George
Time Zone
GMT
oh bloody hell...! talk about a welcome brigade haha.

Hello George! Welcome back! It's different but also nice to see you on a platform other than 4P. Don't worry if you have to disappear for a bit; I'm a clear example of someone who has to disappear so many times because of different stuff. Glad to see that you're doing well!
Likewise, aside from your slight bump in the car! God it's scary to think you actually drive now- I mean that as in... time has passed, and fast.

Bonks <33333333333333 SO GLAD YOU'RE HERE!!!!!!!!!!
Mollyyyyyy <33333333333333 LIKEWISE.

0.0. Well, damn, this is quite a bowl of nostalgia.
Welcome back, man!! I don't think we ever really talked in the past much, but I'm super happy you're back!
Well- here's a chance to get better acquainted. :) I'm sure we'll run into each other in topics and discord! It'll be nice to get to know some new faces!

George, stop sending me 4P emails that make me do things like this.:pingrageazurill:
Haha... I'm surprised people read their e-mails! Thanks for being the sole person to follow up from that e-mail!

yep. here we go again... still playing chess pal?

holy **** it's been an eternity since I've talked with George 😮 it's nice to see a familiar face and welcome back!! (i say that but i haven't been here either HAHA)
Ah! Thank you for keeping your "Formerly PrimalD" title- good to see you again Sean. How old are you now haha, I remember you being 12 but that can't be right...

Status
Not open for further replies.