Nuzlocke It's Not Always So Black And White - A Pokemon Black Nuzlocke

LRachelR5

Junior Trainer
Rules:
  • I can only catch the first Pokemon in each new route or area
  • Dupes clause is in effect for the whole evolution line
  • Gift clause is in effect so when I get the Elemental Monkey I can get another Dream Yard encounter
  • Pinwheel clause will be used, meaning that I will have an encounter in the interior and exterior of Pinwheel Forest
  • Any Pokemon that faints is considered dead and must be either released or boxed permanently
  • I must nickname all my Pokemon
  • Shiny clause is on
  • I choose my starter based on my trainer ID, 1,2,3 I get Snivy, 4,5,6 I get Tepig, 7,8,9 I get Oshawott, if I get a 0 I move one digit to the left

Update one:
My mum delivered a gift box to me before my friends Cheren and Bianca appeared. The box was from the local Pokemon Professor, Juniper. I chose Tepig (ID ended in a 5) and had a battle against Bianca and Cheren which completely destroyed my room, but mum said she'd clean it up whilst we went to thank the Professor. Before heading there I headed to Bianca's only to witness her father saying that she could not go on an adventure, seeing her so sad broke me a little. After she left I headed to the lab and met with the Professor who let us nickname our Pokemon, I chose the name Tony for Tepig and was then told about completing the Pokedex.

Before heading onto Route 1 my mum gave us all Town Maps. After the Professor showed us how to catch Pokemon Bianca thought that we should have a little competition to see who could catch the most between our current location and Accumula Town. I ended up catching Pepper the Lillipup In the end, we call caught the same number. Once in town Professor Juniper showed Bianca and me around the Pokemon Centre and Mart. Once outside in the square, I found a group called Team Plasma being led by someone called Ghetsis about Pokemon liberation. It didn't make much sense but then Cheren and I were approached by someone called N who claimed that he could talk to Pokemon and asked me to fight him, which I agreed to. Once that was over I headed to Route 2 where I caught Obediah the Patrat. After some fights and collecting the Running Shoes and battling Bianca, I arrived in Striaton City. I healed up then headed to the Dream Yard where I received Hulk the Pansage before finding Cheren in the trainer school and beating him in a battle.

Next, it was time for the Gym. I decided to use a mixture of all of my Pokemon against the trainers and then decided to lead with Obediah agast Cress. Cress' Lillipup got a crit on the first turn and I thought that Obediah would be able to survive but I was wrong so I had Hulk continue the fight and he won against Panpour. After dealing with the stuff involving Fennel, Munna and Team Plasma I caught T'Challa the Purrloin in the Dream Yard before heading to Route 3. After fighting some pre-schoolers I caught Sam the Pidove. In the Wellspring Cave, I fought Team Plasma alongside Cheren and was able to get the girl's Pokemon back, before leaving I caught Howard the Rogenrolla then headed through Route 3 where I lost T'Challa in a trainer battle due to an unfortunate crit.

Once healed in Nacrene City I headed to the outskirts of Pinwheel Forest and caught Drax the Timburr. Did some of the trainer battles and lost Tony to an unfortunate critical hit from a Timburr with Rock Throw near Challenge Rock (I swear they are plaguing me as bad as they did in Devin's White Nuzlocke). I decided before training for Lenora that I would battle N first seeing as he is around level 13 or so, I couldn't remember if he led with Pidove or Tympole so I decided to lead with Howard and I was incorrect so I swapped to Hulk against Tympole, then he sent out Pidove so I swapped for Howard and used Rock Blast a couple of times. Finally, I used Sam against Timburr

Seein as I have just started training for Lenora I will leave things off here. Next time I will be battling her and then heading into Pinwheel Forest.

Team

Pepper
Level: 15
Nature: Timid
Ability: Pick Up
Moveset:
  • Tackle
  • Bite
  • Work Up
  • Rock Smash

Hulk
Nature: Lax
Ability: Gluttony
Moveset:
  • Vine Whip
  • Cut
  • Rock Smash
  • Work Up

Sam
Ability: Big Pecks
Moveset:
  • Air Cutter
  • Quick Attack
  • Leer
  • Growl

Howard
Level: 14
Nature: Rash
Ability: Sturdy
Moveset:
  • Rock Blast
  • Rock Smash
  • Sand-Attack
  • Headbutt

Drax
Nature: Mild
Ability: Guts
Moveset:
  • Rock Smash
  • Focus Energy
  • Bide
  • Low Kick

PC
None

Deaths

Obadiah
Level: 10
Nature: Docile
Ability: Run Away
Moveset:
  • Tackle
  • Bite
  • Bide
  • Leer

T'Challa
Level: 11
Nature: Naive
Ability: Limber
Moveset:
  • Scratch
  • Growl
  • Assist
  • Sand-Attack

Tony
Ability: Blaze
Moveset:
  • Ember
  • Rock Smash
  • Tail Whip
  • Defense Curl

LRachelR5

Junior Trainer
Update two:
After training the team up to level 19 or so it was time to take on the gym. I know that Lenora can be pretty tough but with Howard and Drax I was not worried about her as much as I would usually be. In the fight against her, I used Drax and Howard and came out victorious. After beating her Team Plasma stole a skull and Burgh, Cheren and Bianca appeared. I followed Burgh into Pinwheel Forest and fought Team Plasma as well as catching Fury the Venipede. Next, I arrived in Castelia City where I picked up the Leaf Stone for Hulk. I don't really need him for the gym so I decided to head to Route 4 and caught Natasha the Darumaka. Whilst taking on the Battle Company Hulk learned Seed Bomb at level 22 so I decided to evolve him before swapping him out for Natasha just cause she is going to be more helpful in the gym. I took out the rest of the Battle Company and got the EXP Share. Once I got that I headed back to Pinwheel Forest to train up for the gym against some Audino and stuff.

Training did not take long and it meant I evolved Fury to Whirlipede so then it was time to deal with Team Plasma for stealing Bianca's Munna before heading to take on Burgh. Throughout the gym I was using a mixture of Natasha, Fury, Sam, and Drax (though he was mainly for Dwebbles). Against Burgh, I decided to lead with Drax cause I couldn't remember if he led with Dwebble or Swadloon and I figured that if I was wrong I could just swap out to something like Natasha or Sam. Seeing as Burgh opened with Whirlipede I swapped into Sam and used Air Cutter which beat it with two hits (the second was a crit)). Next was Dwebble so I swapped back into Drax and used Wake-Up Slap and Low Kick. Burgh ended up using his Hyper Potions on Dwebble which made me feel better that he didn't have any for Levanny. Against Levanny I swapped into Sam because of him being faster than Natasha, the Levanny was faster than him but was still two-shot with Air Cutter.

Seeing as I knew that I wasn't going to use Sam in the next gym, seeing as it is an electric gym I decided to swap him out for Hulk because also Natasha handles the stuff that Sam is super-effective on. I decided to lead with Drax against Bianca against her Herdier. Against Munna, I used Fury who dealt with it in two Bug Bites. Then Panpour came out and I figured that I would use Hulk and Seed Bomb one-shot it. Finally, it was time for Servine so I swapped to Natasha and used Fire Punch which one-shot it too. After healing in the house on Route 4 it was time to take on Cheren, I decided to lead with Drax against Liepard but I actually forgot he leads with Pidove so I swapped to Howard who one-shot it with SmackDown. Next was Dewott so I swapped into Hulk and used one Seed Bomb to knock it out. For Pansear I went back into Howard who got flinched by the first Bite but then knocked it out with SmackDown. Finally, it was time for Liepard so I went into Drax and used Wake-Up Slap which dealt with it cause of Liepard being so frail.

Once healed I decided to head straight to the Desert Resort and Relic Castle for my next few encounters. My Desert Resort encounter was Peggy the Sandile. I collected the Cover Fossil in the Relic Castle before getting Bucky the Yamask. I won't take on the rest of Route 4, the Desert Resort and Relic Castle in this update because this is already rather long, so that will be on the list for next time as well as taking on Elesa.

Team

Natasha
Level: 23
Nature: Lonely
Ability: Hustle
Held Item: Charcoal
Moveset:
  • Fire Punch
  • Facade
  • Fire Fang
  • Dig

Pepper
Level: 22
Moveset:
  • Tackle
  • Bite
  • Dig
  • Rock Smash

Drax
Level: 24
Held Item: Quick Claw
Moveset:
  • Wake-Up Slap
  • Dig
  • Rock Throw
  • Low Kick

Hulk
Held Item: Miracle Seed
Moveset:
  • Seed Bomb
  • Bite
  • Dig
  • Cut

Fury
Nature: Lax
Ability: Poison Point
Held Item: Eviolite
Moveset:
  • Poison Tail
  • Bug Bite
  • Pursuit
  • Iron Defense

Peggy
Level: 19
Nature: Gentle
Ability: Moxie
Moveset:
  • Torment
  • Dig
  • Assurance
  • Mud-Slap

PC

Sam
Moveset:
  • Air Cutter
  • Quick Attack
  • Roost
  • Growl

Howard
Moveset:
  • Smack Down
  • Rock Smash
  • Iron Defense
  • Headbutt

Bucky
Ability: Mummy
Moveset:
  • Disable
  • Haze
  • Night Shade
  • Hex

Korg
Level: 25
Nature: Bold
Moveset:
  • Aqua Jet
  • Ancient Power
  • Crunch
  • Wide Guard

Deaths

Obadiah
Moveset:
  • Tackle
  • Bite
  • Bide
  • Leer

T'Challa
Moveset:
  • Scratch
  • Growl
  • Assist
  • Sand-Attack

Tony
Moveset:
  • Ember
  • Rock Smash
  • Tail Whip
  • Defense Curl

juiccbox

local buffoon
AKA
Juice/Juice man
Sucks you lost your starter so early on...but hey! you got a whirlipede, one of my personal favorite unova evolution lines. hope it serves you well and good luck on the rest of your nuzlocke!

LRachelR5

Junior Trainer
Replies
Sucks you lost your starter so early on...but hey! you got a whirlipede, one of my personal favorite unova evolution lines. hope it serves you well and good luck on the rest of your nuzlocke!
Yeah, I tend not to have much luck with my Unova starters in Wedlockes or Nuzlockes. With any luck Whirlipede and Scolipede will be helpful later on.

Update three
After taking on the Desert Resort, Relic Castle and Route four I arrived in Nimbasa City. I did the stuff involved there, including seeing Bianca and her dad reconcile. Then headed to Route 5 where I caught Maria the Minccino, in the Lostlorn Forest I caught Kate the Emolga and on Route 16 I caught Wanda the Gothita. Then I trained the team up to level 26 after battling N, excluding Peggy because I knew that she would be my main use in the gym. I think that in one of the fights before I was training I lost Pepper (I'm writing this a bit after I first started training etc). Whilst the trainers were easy enough to take out with Peggy Elesa herself almost became a massacre as her Emolga's were able to two-shot both Peggy and Howard between them. In the end, it came down to Drax to win the fight. I decided that I would take Hulk and Korg along after boxing Peggy and Howard cause they will be helpful against Clay coming up. I headed to Route 5 after evolving Drax and battled against Cheren. Kate took out both Liepard and Dewott. Korg was used against Pansear and Tranquill (who was a pain with detect and just avoiding rock tomb). After Alder made Cheren question his strength and goals, we fought some pre-schoolers then headed to Driftveil Drawbridge and caught Ned the Ducklett. Once arriving in Driftveil City Clay explained that lowering the drawbridge meant that Team Plasma escaped. I headed to the Cold Storage after catching Steve the Deerling on Route 6. At the Cold Storage, I caught Loki the Vanilite. The next update will include taking on the Cold Storage and Clay, but I have an interview to prepare for so I wanted to post just a quick update.

Team

Hulk
Held Item: EXP Share
Moveset:
- Seed Bomb
- Bite
- Dig
- Cut

Natasha
Level: 26
Moveset:
- Fire Punch
- Return
- Rock Tomb
- Dig

Drax
Level: 28
Moveset:
- Wake-Up Slap
- Strength
- Rock Throw
- Return

Kate
Level: 27
Nature: Niave
Ability: Static
Moveset:
- Shock Wave
- Electro Ball
- Pursuit
- Volt Switch

Korg
Nature: Bold
Moveset:
- Aqua Jet
- Rock Tomb
- Crunch
- Frustration

Maria
Nature: Mild
Ability: Technician
Moveset:
- Return
- Tail Slap
- Dig
- Swift

PC

Sam
Moveset:
  • Air Cutter
  • Quick Attack
  • Roost
  • Growl

Fury
    Moveset:
    • Poison Tail
    • Bug Bite
    • Pursuit
    • Iron Defense

Bucky
Ability: Mummy
Moveset:
  • Disable
  • Haze
  • Night Shade
  • Hex

Wanda
Nature: Rash
Ability: Frisk
Moveset:
- Fake Tears
- Double Slap
- Psybeam
- Embargo

Ned
Nature: Hardy
Ability: Keen Eye
Moveset:
- Aerial Ace
- Bubblebeam
- Feather Dance
- Aqua Ring

Steve
Nature: Quirky
Ability: Sap Sipper
Moveset:
- Double Kick
- Leech Seed
- Faint Attack
- Take Down

Loki
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Ice Body
Moveset:
- Icy Wind
- Mist
- Avalanche
- Taunt

Deaths

Obadiah
Moveset:
  • Tackle
  • Bite
  • Bide
  • Leer

T'Challa
Moveset:
  • Scratch
  • Growl
  • Assist
  • Sand-Attack

Tony
Moveset:
  • Ember
  • Rock Smash
  • Tail Whip
  • Defense Curl

Pepper
Moveset:
  • Tackle
  • Bite
  • Dig
  • Rock Smash

Peggy
Nature: Gentle
Ability: Moxie
Moveset:
  • Torment
  • Dig
  • Assurance
  • Rock Tomb

Howard
Moveset:
- Rock Tomb
- Rock Smash
- Power Gem
- Headbutt

LRachelR5

Junior Trainer
Update Four
After going through the Cold Storage and training up on Route 6 I took on Clay and managed to beat him easily (I can't remember with what though, it has been a while since I played that part and stuff because of my new job). Then I headed back through Route 6 and into the Chargestone Cave where I caught Jarvis the Tynamo. Once through I made it to Mistltralton City where I met Cedric Juniper and Skyla. Next, I headed through Route 7 and caught Mantis the Audino. However, I also lost Drax to the triple battle on the route. In Celestial Tower, I caught Hela the Litwick. Whilst going through these places I added Wanda to my team to start training her and Loki cause they could be helpful in the gym and Loki will eventually be able to help against Drayden.

Once I got through the Tower it was time to train. Then I took on Skyla's gym mainly using Kate and at times using Loki, Wanda, and Maria. I was able to get through with relative ease. Next, I headed to Route 7 and Twist Mountain where I fought and won against Cheren in front of Alder which also meant he gave me Surf. After teaching that to Korg I headed to Driftviel and then onto Route 6 so that I could enter the Mistralton Cave where I caught Quill the Axew. Then I headed up to the Guidance Chamber and caught Sharon the Woobat. After grabbing the TM for Rock Slide I headed back to Driftviel where I caught Phil the Frillish. Next, I went back to Striaton City and caught Bruce the Basculin. Next time I will be visiting route 17 and 18 and the P2 Lab.

Team

Natasha
Level: 35
Moveset:
- Fire Punch
- Return
- Rock Slide
- Hammer Arm

Kate
Level: 35
Moveset: