Time Zone
Central Mountain Time
3DS FC
1220-7225-5483
Switch FC
SW-4940-6731-2903
IGN
Isiac
As my title suggests this is just a fun doubles team. Specifically I am making this to battle with my brother. We agreed to not use any of the banned Pokémon as of that announcement, and no entry hazards for this battle. We just wanted to see what the other can come up with. With that being said, sets are random, with some that are similar to smogon but it’s whatever. Without further ado here is my team, upon which I will elaborate about each one.

Palossand - Bold Water Compaction w/ Weakness Policy
252 HP 252 Def 4 SpA
- Shore Up
- Protect
- Earth Power
- Shadow Ball

As you may expect, I plan to use water shuriken with accelgor to get maxed defense and the weakness policy. As the leading pair I would use shore up to ensure I get back lost health and then protect the second turn. Then palossand is viable for either sweeping or tanking, minus special Moves.

Accelgor - Hasty Unburden w/ Sash
252 HP 252 Spe 4 Atk
- Water Shuriken
- U-turn
- Recover
- Toxic

Basically, just a min to utilize on palossand. Can poison an opponent and u turn out to safety. Recover because why not lol. I would preferably use u-turn turn two for the true sweeper

Espeon - Timid Magic Bounce w/ Leftovers
252HP 252 Spe 4 SpA
- Psych Up
- Baton Pass
- Stored Power
- Magic Room

As you can tell I plan to copy palossand and get all the boost for SP. However, if that plan were to fail I have Baton Pass for my physical user with Power Trip lol. Magic Room is specifically for one of my other team members. It is unorthodox and the likelihood of me pulling it off are minimal but I’ll explain it on it’s set.

Morpeko - Adamant Hunger Switch w/Choice Scarf
252 Atk 252 Spe 4 SpD
- Power Trip
- Aura Wheel
- Seed Bomb
- Stomping Tantrum

Power Trip only viable with baton pass, but if I have a magic room I can get some more speed from aura wheel. Not my biggest concern though. Just a standard mon.

Azumarill - Lonely Huge Power w/Choice Band
252 HP 252 Atk 4 Def
-Belly Drum
-Aqua Jet
-Play Rough
-Superpower

Basically his set can be extremely OP with Magic room allowing a belly drum, but even without that it is overkill. Just a standard azumarill that doesn’t have a berry lol.

Corviknight(Gmax) - Impish Pressure w/Rocky Helmet
252 Def 200 HP 56 Atk
-Brave Bird
-Roost
-Body Press
-Iron Defense

standard smogon set basically minus brave bird. I haven’t really used corviknight before but I wanted to utilize its G-max move so I chose this set since I was going to use body press and roost anyways.

Anyways, that’s the team. I am open to suggestions. Swapping out team members is possible too. I just want to be as random as possible haha. Also as for rating please just choose a number 1-10 for the following categories.

- Randomness
- Potential Effectiveness
- Movesets
- Nature’s/Items/Ability
- EV Spread

Thanks for reading :) Looking forward to the answers. As for my rating of them I would go 8, 6, 6, 7, 6. I could be better with it but I just threw it all together keep in mind lol.

Anthrix

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
Greenwich Mean Time
Oh I've missed Rating teams :D.

Some optimisations:

Pallosand - I'd go 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD Modest or Quiet (with 0 IVs in Speed), so you can make the most of weakness policy. Your defence will be through the roof, and Max Quake will buff your Special Defence.

Accelgor - Go Timid or Jolly, Protect over Recover to block Fake Outs and he really ain't bulky. I'd consider throwing Final Gambit in there to make the most of the HP investment.

Morpeko - I wouldn't run Choice Scarf as he's got such a good move pool for an Electric type. Shame you need Sash ON Accelgor, maybe a resit Berry instead?

Azummaril - Adamant or Brave nature with 0 Speed.

Corviknight - Use Bulk Up over Iron Defence to boost Brave Birds power as well, making him more of a threat. Invest in Special Defence, I like 244 HP / 4 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SpD / 4 Spe myself to really buff up its weaker defence stat and let it get more boosts through Bulk Up. Consider Leftovers or Lum Berry as well.

Team seems pretty balanced type wise, with no real stand out weaknesses. You rely a lot of set ups, so I'd probably make Azumarril an Assault Vest set to help your Rain match up a bit, cut Espeon (as with pallosand, Accelgor Uturn out, Psych up and then Baton Pass, you're hoping your opponent gives you at least 4 free turns.

I'd keep Pallosand and Accelgor, keep Corviknight as he's always good, and probably look to reduce the rest of your set up sweepers so they cover their weaknesses. I'm liking Seed Bomb Morpeko and Azumarril as lures for Gastrodon, but maybe invest in a decent Grass type to punish it more.

Hope it helps, good luck!

EDIT - Maybe go Safety Goggles on Corviknight for an Ammongus counter. It makes you immune to Spore and Rage Powder, and his other moves will make it set up fodder.

OceanMaster

Regular Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Isiac, Ocean
Time Zone
Central Mountain Time
3DS FC
1220-7225-5483
Switch FC
SW-4940-6731-2903
IGN
Isiac
Oh I've missed Rating teams :D.

Some optimisations:

Pallosand - I'd go 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD Modest or Quiet (with 0 IVs in Speed), so you can make the most of weakness policy. Your defence will be through the roof, and Max Quake will buff your Special Defence.

Accelgor - Go Timid or Jolly, Protect over Recover to block Fake Outs and he really ain't bulky. I'd consider throwing Final Gambit in there to make the most of the HP investment.

Morpeko - I wouldn't run Choice Scarf as he's got such a good move pool for an Electric type. Shame you need Sash ON Accelgor, maybe a resit Berry instead?

Azummaril - Adamant or Brave nature with 0 Speed.

Corviknight - Use Bulk Up over Iron Defence to boost Brave Birds power as well, making him more of a threat. Invest in Special Defence, I like 244 HP / 4 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SpD / 4 Spe myself to really buff up its weaker defence stat and let it get more boosts through Bulk Up. Consider Leftovers or Lum Berry as well.

Team seems pretty balanced type wise, with no real stand out weaknesses. You rely a lot of set ups, so I'd probably make Azumarril an Assault Vest set to help your Rain match up a bit, cut Espeon (as with pallosand, Accelgor Uturn out, Psych up and then Baton Pass, you're hoping your opponent gives you at least 4 free turns.

I'd keep Pallosand and Accelgor, keep Corviknight as he's always good, and probably look to reduce the rest of your set up sweepers so they cover their weaknesses. I'm liking Seed Bomb Morpeko and Azumarril as lures for Gastrodon, but maybe invest in a decent Grass type to punish it more.

Hope it helps, good luck!

EDIT - Maybe go Safety Goggles on Corviknight for an Ammongus counter. It makes you immune to Spore and Rage Powder, and his other moves will make it set up fodder.
The reason I rely on set ups is just to mess around lol. I was able to pull off the espeon play 3/3 times on showdown uber tier lol. I think goggles on corviknight will be better now that I remember them lol. The odds of him using an amoongus are slim though. As for EV spreads you’re probably right to change them a bit.

As for Accelgor, I am using Hasty so I don’t diminish his attack drastically with it for full U-Turn effectiveness and avoided Jolly so I can use water shuriken with most damage on opponents if he had to live. I agree having to use Sash on him sucks but I have to ensure no priority moves or anything kill him and ruin my setup.

Morpeko has scarf to outspeed potential speed demons. It also is just for laughs with the Magic Room if I get to that part. I was thinking of swapping the item to something else though to be able to freely use aura wheel and power trip. Potentially Balloon?

With Azumarill I can’t use AV because it would defeat my Belly Drum troll tactic lol.

As you said, everything is very set up heavy but I just wanted to be as random as possible with sets lol. Definitely will use those EV spreads though.

Edit: Side Note, I would happily remove Azumarill as I am lazy to breed for egg moves. As for a grass type who would you suggest? To keep my randomness at bay I would go with something like Bellossom, Alolan Exeggutor, Shiftry, Abomasnow, Tangrowth, Trevenant/Gourgeist, Dhelmise or Shiinotic.

I like how Shiinotic would potentially fit but I can make random sets with any of those lol. I listed like everyone of them though.

Last edited:

Anthrix

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
Greenwich Mean Time
I actually have an Azumarril with belly drum, aqua jet etc if you want me to quickly breed one? :D.

As for Grass types, what about Tsareena? Again, I've just bred one as well. She's got some pretty interesting moves like High Jump Kick and Triple Axel.

It's a bit of work, but Gourgeist could be fun with Trick Or Treat turning random Pokemon into Ghost types for Pallosand to hit for super effective.

Check my Giveaway thread if you want anything!

OceanMaster

Regular Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Isiac, Ocean
Time Zone
Central Mountain Time
3DS FC
1220-7225-5483
Switch FC
SW-4940-6731-2903
IGN
Isiac
I actually have an Azumarril with belly drum, aqua jet etc if you want me to quickly breed one? :D.

As for Grass types, what about Tsareena? Again, I've just bred one as well. She's got some pretty interesting moves like High Jump Kick and Triple Axel.

It's a bit of work, but Gourgeist could be fun with Trick Or Treat turning random Pokemon into Ghost types for Pallosand to hit for super effective.
It’s all good, I do need better coverage for water types after all. I didn’t use Tsareena because I already have used one in a battle we’ve done. I just didn’t want to repeat mons lol.
I do think Trick Or Treat would be fun but who knows how that would go lol.