Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Sinnoh Survivor
AKA
Vee
Time Zone
GMT+1
Summer break has gifted me with a nice amount of extra time, so I've decided to start a little side project alongside my Alpha Sapphire Scramble Nuzlocke. I am already six badged into the other run, so I figured this would be a good time to get this launched.

I will be playing through a gen 3 hack named 'Pokemon Blazed Glazed' in Nuzlocke mode. This is actually a hack of another hack named just 'Pokemon Glazed', but this version has updated move sets and fixed the level curve a little so the game gets progressively more difficult rather than having random level spikes all throughout the game.

~> I may only catch the first Pokemon on each new route/area.

Gift clause: Pokemon gifted to me do not count towards the first encounter of the route. However, I may not get multiple gift Pokemon within the same area. (Think Celadon City which has both the Eevee or a game corner Pokemon)

Dupes clause: If my first encounter is part of an evolution line which I have already caught, it does not count and I may skip it.

~> All Pokemon must be nicknamed.

~> If a Pokemon faints, it is considered dead and must be released or permanently boxed.

~> The Nuzlocke rules do not apply until I've received the Pokedex and Poke Balls.

~> From what I understood, this game actually has multiple (3?) regions, so I'll just try and get as far as I can get. Just know it's going to be a long ride.

Our journey starts with the Tunod Region. I believe this game uses Emerald as its base, but the region has a totally different lay-out from Hoenn, providing a fresh experience.

The female heroine is kind of cute, I suppose. Although those clothes aren't the most flattering, it kind of makes her look like a mom rather than a young girl.

Now this is a unique way to start things off. I was expecting to be teleported to my room instead.

Apparently we slipped through time and ended up in another dimension.

Mystery man somehow brings us back to our room and OUR CHARACTER TALKS. This definitely threw me off guard and I'm not sure how I feel about it.

I like how the only explanation we get for now is 'somehow'. The guy teleports back to his own world after that and we're left to just continue with our lives for now.

There's more important things than slipping through dimensions, such as going to get our starter Pokemon!

Breaking news, we have both a mom AND a dad in this game! It's a miracle.

I passed by a statue featuring the Johto starters earlier, so I figured those would be choices but the game throws me for a loop. Instead we get the choice of Turtwig, Piplup and Chimchar...As well as Shinx and Riolu? The latter seems like the odd one out because it only has one evolution. I guess it's because of Lucario's sheer popularity.

Riolu might seem like the best choice because I can get a fully evolved Pokemon very early, but I have to go with my favorite Sinnoh starter here.

I like the Piplup line a lot as well, but I think Infernape will be a really solid Pokemon for a Nuzlocke, having both the speed and good attacking stats. Its nature also doesn't matter as much because I can go either physical or special depending on which is higher.

Turns out he has a neutral nature, which I am okay with.

Professor doesn't have a Pokedex. Oof. At least this means our Nuzlocke hasn't officially started so if something happens now, I don't have to worry about it.

I try to leave the town and run into my parents being harassed by a...Pikachu?

This Pikachu is definitely not a regular Pikachu, sporting the red scarf and a nasty smirk. Thankfully, it's only lv. 2 so it isn't very difficult to take out.

We get some nice gifts early on, especially the Running Shoes will be nice because I can't deal with slow speed. At the same time, I've decided for myself that I won't be using speed up ever, because it's so easy to make a stupid mistake and lose a Pokemon in a Nuzlocke when you are speeding things up. (Especially since speed up on the e-word is crazy fast for the older games)

This game isn't giving us a break, triggering one event after the other. This guy named Percy just appeared out of nowhere, challenging us to a battle.

This guy's design leads me to believe that his starter is Cyndaquil no matter what, so in our case it turns into a battle of the fire starters. Of course, our Chimchar comes out on top and even earns a level from it.

We safely make it to Chocco Town, which sounds like a very delicious place to live.

Oh boy. This guy definitely has a temper.

Eventually he does realize who we are and we manage to get our hands on a brand new Pokedex AND 10 Poke Balls. This means the Nuzlocke has officially started now.

Let's kick things off with getting some encounters.

That's a decent first catch, definitely preferable over the Rattata and Zigzagoon which I've encountered on this route earlier. I looked around a bit once and there's also Sandshrew and very rarely, Ralts.

Not the best nature, but the Taillow line hits pretty hard and gives us a potential flyer for the future as well.

The Inventor asked us to go with him to Milkshake Swamp earlier to examine the ruins, but some suspicious figures aren't letting us through.

Our knight in shining armor appears under the name of Blake. He later introduces himself as part of the Tunod League's Elite Four and boasts about having a DARKRAI. Definitely not looking forward to fighting a league with legendaries. That's going to be tough.

Either way, he does manage to scare off the grunts, giving us an opportunity to explore to the swamp as he and the Inventor go ahead towards the ruins.

There's some grass here, so we can get another encounter here.

I am very pleased with this encounter because it gives me a solid grass type to patch up Chimchar's water weakness. I looked at the documentation that comes with the game and Budew should evolve into Roselia at lv. 15 no matter what, rather than having to rely on friendship.

Another neutral nature, which is definitely preferable over a nature that lowers one of her best stats.

I will leave things off here for part one because I need to get some training done before I feel comfortable proceeding with the game. If I know anything about hacks, it's to never feel safe and make sure you are a few levels above the trainers or you're in trouble.

Until next time!

Tabasco the Chimchar

Lv. 7

Docile nature

Blaze

• Scratch
  • Leer
  • Ember

Aria the Taillow

Lv. 2

Mild nature (+ SpA -SpDef)

Guts

• Growl
  • Peck

Evergreen the Budew

Lv. 5

Hardy nature

Poison Point

• Absorb
  • Growth

None.

None.

Last edited:

SkylarAlpha

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
This looks like an interesting fangame! Good luck with the run!

Wolf

The Sun God
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
AEST
Looking forward to this!

Calaf

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
GMT+1
This looks like it's gonna be a cool run! I played through Pokemon Glazed a bit myself a few years back. It's a bit of an quirky game, but it's pretty fun as well! I mainly remember a move tutor who teaches Spore to any Pokemon, which made for some dubious shenanigans with my Riolu, which knew Focus Punch as well...

That being said, I didn't know about the Blazed Glazed version, so I'm curious as to how this game will be different. Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing more of this challenge! Good luck!

Kaori

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Sinnoh Survivor
AKA
Vee
Time Zone
GMT+1
@SkylarAlpha: It really is! I'm enjoying the aesthetics of this game so far.

@Wolf: Thank you! ^^

@Calaf: From what I read, this game is supposed to be a little more balanced, taking out the ridiculous stuff early game, while making the late game a little more tricky. The updated movesets are nice as well because I believe regular Glazed just goes by gen III sets which aren't always the best.

---

Last time we left off right after catching two new team members. Before I proceeded through the swamp, I made sure to train them all up to lv. 10 just to be safe. This is a 'harder difficulty' game and I don't want to take any risks so early on.

I also stopped by the mart to pick up on Potions and Antidotes. Since this is a gen III game, technically, poison does still kill you and I don't want to lose a Pokemon to that.

Speaking of poison, the swamp has several tiles scattered across the area which will randomly poison one of your Pokemon. Depending on where you are, it can be quite a long trip back to the Pokemon Center so I'm glad I picked up those Antidotes.

As to be expected of an early area, it's mostly bug catchers here. This means both Chimchar and Taillow get to have a field day while Budew is unfortunately stuck in the back for now. I could give her the EXP. Share, but I'm sure we'll find an area to train her later.

At the end of the swamp, there's a site with ruins. This is where we meet up with the Inventor and Blake again.

I don't know the exact plot of this game, but I'm assuming this will be of some sort of relevance later on.

At this point, the Inventor gives you a Pokemon Communicator, which apparently will allow us to talk to certain Pokemon? Our character talks in this game as well, so I shouldn't be surprised.

While staring at the tablet, we are suddenly teleported to the other dimension again.

The mystery man from earlier shows up again, but instead of giving us some sort of explanation, we asks for our help looking for a wandering Mudkip.

After chasing it around the swamp for a bit, the Mudkip eventually attacks.

I checked out some Pokemon Glazed Nuzlockes on YouTube and most people counted this as a new encounter and used the Mudkip on their team. It's an entirely different dimension so I suppose it counts as a new area. I decided to catch it and check the summary later on.

It says "Green Swamp" instead of "Milkshake Swamp" so I guess the Mudkip is legal! I'm already using the Mudkip line in my Alpha Sapphire Nuzlocke Scramble, so I might replace it in the future when we gain access to other water types. However, it's dual STAB is really good and having a water/fire/grass core with Chimchar and Budew should be solid for the early game.

After catching the Mudkip, the mystery man helps us get back to our own dimension.

Time to continue our way through the Milkshake Swamp. The bug catcher Nick at the end of the forest is actually a trainer you can rematch as many times as you want for grinding. It's advertised as 'free EXP' because he uses a Kakuna, Metapod and Butterfree which all lack offensive moves. (The Butterfree just spams String Shot)

The other end of the Swamp brings us to Oceanview Park. There's a patch of grass behind the fence but we can't access it without Cut.

To the West of the park, there Oceanview City which is home to the first gym of this region.

A random girl in one of the buildings gives us THE ROCK. I was so confused when it told me if I wanted to give the large rock a nickname.

That's one hell of a Defense stat, but all of Onix' other stats are so mediocre, I'm not sure how long I will keep this on the team. I do know the first gym leader uses Electric types so it might be useful for that.

At the harbor, I bought a Serenity Ticket but I can't use it just yet. I guess we need the first gym badge for this.

Unfortunately, the gym leader doesn't seem to be around right now. Instead he has gone to the nearby Power Plant.

Just a few steps into the Power Plant, I run into a wild Electrike as my first encounter. I checked out the other Pokemon later on and Magnemite, Pikachu and Elekid were all other options. Magnemite is probably the best out of those because of its Steel type, but I don't dislike Electrike. It's been a while since I used this Pokemon.

Not the best nature, but Manectric does get a fair amount of physical moves either. I'll keep him on the team for now. Speaking of which, we actually have a full team of six now!

This is what the team is looking like. I'll get Electrike and Budew caught up with the rest of the squad before proceeding through the Power Plant.

Until next time!

Tabasco the Chimchar

Lv. 13

Docile nature

Blaze

• Scratch
  • Leer
  • Ember
  • Taunt

Aria the Taillow

Lv. 12

Mild nature (+SpA -SpDef)

Guts

• Growl
  • Peck
  • Focus Energy
  • Quick Attack

Evergreen the Budew

Lv. 11

Hardy nature

Poison Point

• Absorb
  • Growth
  • Water Sport
  • Stun Spore

Pacific the Mudkip

Lv. 12

Jolly nature (+Spd -SpA)

Torrent
  • Tackle
  • Growl
  • Mud-Slap
  • Water Gun

Dwayne the Onix

Lv. 12

Relaxed nature (+Def -Spd)

Torrent
  • Tackle
  • Screech
  • Curse
  • Rock Slide

Bolt the Electrike

Lv. 6

Impish nature (+Def -SpA)

Static
  • Tackle
  • Thunder Wave
  • Leer

None.

None.

Wolf

The Sun God
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
AEST
Really loving your layout of this challenge with the screen shots, makes it easy to follow

Kaori

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Sinnoh Survivor
AKA
Vee
Time Zone
GMT+1
@Wolf Thank you! ^^ I wish I could do it with all my challenges, but when I actually own the game, I prefer to play on console.

---

Let's start this part off on a positive note with two evolutions! I wasn't sure what to expect of the level curve, so I decided to grind my entire team to lv. 14 before proceeding.

This is what the squad looked like after training, with a few new moves here and there. Monferno and Roselia have definitely been the powerhouses of the team so far, but hopefully the others can catch up soon.

We manage to take out all the trainers on the way, eventually reaching the room with the gym leader Sparky. Seems like it's the weird, scarfed Pikachu from earlier who is causing all this trouble.

Thankfully, we are smarter than a gym leader who specializes in Electric types, easily spotting the switch to turn off the turbines.

This threw me off at first, but then I remembered we got the Pokemon Communicator from the Inventor, so I guess that means we'll be talking to this Pikachu from now on.

If this Pikachu throws off a random HP Grass, I am losing it.

Thankfully, it did not so Onix picks up the easy win.

Pikachu runs off and Sparky promises to return to his gym to battle us. However, I do want to get just a little more grinding done before then.

Yet another evolution! Marshtomp with Mud Shot should definitely come in handy during the upcoming gym battle.

Time to be a responsible nuzlocker and stock up on some items as well.

I tried to go inside the gym, but this random girl named Chelle showed up and brags about her gym badge before challenging us to a battle.

I'm starting to see a trend here. I wouldn't be surprised if a third rival shows up sometime soon who has the Totodile line. Either way, this is not a good match up.

She only has two Pokemon in total, so we manage to defeat her fairly easily.

She's one of those rivals it seems. Everyone's complaining about how the rivals in recent games have been too nice or cheerful, but I think I prefer them over the ones who are just downright rude.

The gym's interior actually looks pretty nice for a gen III game, I do like the concept of it.

Getting some extra EXP. from the gym trainers. These two should be able to handle the gym without too many problems.

Eventually we reach the gym leader, who has a Jolteon by his side so we can already guess what his ace will be.

His first two Pokemon are Electrike and Mareep, which are no match for my mighty Marshtomp. The Mudkip line has really been proving itself as one of the best starters in this challenge AND my Alpha Sapphire Scramble.

As expected, Jolteon is his ace and I actually decided to switch to Roselia here. I was suspicious of the fact this hack gives you both a free Mudkip and Onix when the first gym is Electric type, so I was expecting some random Hidden Power Grass and I didn't want to risk that.

I never found out whether or not it did have a hidden power, since he went for Substitute instead. The Jolteon also has Slash but its physical attack isn't that high so Roselia could tank it and take out the Jolteon with Mega Drain.

We get the Jolt Badge and the TM for Shock Wave. In the normal Glazed version, you apparently get the TM for Thunderbolt instead which would have been really nice, but I also understand why it might be a bit OP. Either way, I decided to give it to Electrike. Even with the the bad nature, its special attack is still higher than its physical attack.

We can now use the Serenity Ticket I bought last time to travel to the next city.

As soon as we arrive on Serenity Isle, we get a call from Prof. Willow. He wants us to return to the lab to pick up a delivery.

However, I do want to explore the city a little first. There's a big hotel/resort in the North of the city which has some fun side quests.

After running back and forth to do errands for this spoiled girl, we get a Wish Ticket. This can be used to go to a small island which is home to Jirachi. However, there's an obstacle blocking the path for now, so we won't be able to actually catch Jirachi until much later in the game.

There's also an interesting Tutoring Service at the hotel which can teach two moves (Seed Bomb and Curse) to ANY Pokemon. While this is an interesting concept, I don't want to abuse it too much either. It also costs money which is actually rather scarce in this game.

I decided to give Curse to Marshtomp for set-up and Seed Bomb to Taillow so she has something to hit Rock types. This also didn't seem too far of a stretch because there are other bird-type Pokemon who can learn Bullet Seed and such.

By crossing the Serenity Bridge over Turquoise Bay, we should be able to reach the lab of Prof. Willow.

As you can see, the level jumps in this game are still quite rough to deal with. I'm definitely gonna have to train again as soon as I come across an area with grass.

Speaking of which, we've found just that. Unfortunately, my encounter here wasn't very exciting. The Pidgey line isn't horrible, but I already have Taillow.

We have successfully made it back to our hometown and it seems like the Professor has a visitor. Team Fusion is causing trouble again and Blake is looking for someone to accompany him to Haunted Isle to stop them in their tracks.

From the Professor we get the Sensor, which has to be delivered to the Seaspray Dam in Seaspray Town, which is where we will be headed after dealing with Team Fusion on Haunted Isle.

He also gives us the HM for Cut which is actually a Bug type attack in this hack. Monferno is the only Pokemon on my team who can learn it, so I had no other choice but to give it to him. I suppose it could come in clutch against slower Psychic types.

Now that we have the first gym badge, we also gained access to this private patch of grass. From what I read, there should be a bunch of starters and psuedos available here.

Not gonna lie, I was hoping for a Froakie so I could use a different water type (I love Marshtomp but I'm already using the line in my other challenge), but we get Chespin instead. Not my favorite, but Chesnaught isn't horrible either. Especially with the tutors at the resort which can teach Seed Bomb and Curse to any Pokemon.

However, I do think Roselia is better for now so Chespin will go to the box for now.

Speaking of the box, I decided to box Onix as well since his stats just weren't all that great.

There is one final encounter we can get now that we have access to Cut. I end up catching a Snubbull which is a Fairy type in this game so that should be fun to use. I've never used this Pokemon either so I'm curious to see how it will perform.

Not the best nature, but Snubbull/Granbull are slow anyway. Intimidate is a great ability and look at that attack stat.

Either way, I have quite a bit of training to do before I feel comfortable sailing over to Haunted Isle to join Blake in stopping Team Fusion.

See you all next time!

Tabasco the Monferno

Lv. 17

Docile nature

Blaze

• Cut
  • Mach Punch
  • Ember
  • Taunt

Aria the Taillow

Lv. 16

Mild nature (+SpA -SpDef)

Guts

• Growl
  • Wing Attack
  • Seed Bomb
  • Quick Attack

Evergreen the Roselia

Lv. 18

Hardy nature

Poison Point

• Mega Drain
  • Growth
  • Leech Seed
  • Stun Spore

Pacific the Marshtomp

Lv. 18

Jolly nature (+Spd -SpA)

Torrent
  • Tackle
  • Curse
  • Mud Shot
  • Water Gun

Bolt the Electrike

Lv. 17

Static
  • Tackle
  • Thunder Wave
  • Quick Attack
  • Shock Wave

Daisy the Snubbull

Lv. 12

Quiet nature (+SpA -Spd)

Intimidate
  • Tackle
  • Scary Face
  • Tail Whip
  • Charm

Lv. 16 - Male - Relaxed nature

Lv. 18 - Male - Lonely nature

Lv. 10 - Male - Lonely nature

None.

Last edited:

Wolf

The Sun God
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
AEST
Hey great update! Just wanted to point out though that you made a tiny mistake in the following paragraph, shouldn't it be take out the Jolteon?

Getting some extra EXP. from the gym The Jolteon also has Slash but its physical attack isn't that high so Roselia could tank it and take out the Roselia with Mega Drain.

Kaori

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Sinnoh Survivor
AKA
Vee
Time Zone
GMT+1
@Wolf Whoops, you're right! I've corrected it by now though. I tend to multitask while writing updates so there might be a little typo here and there. ^^;;

---

Let's start things off with some screenshots of the trained up team. As you can see, Snubbull is now all caught up and I decided to bring the entire squad up to lv. 20. Covet has been changed to a Fairy type move in this hack, which gives me a nice STAB option early on instead of having to wait for Play Rough.

I also stocked up on some items, but as you can see, I don't have a whole lot of money. I looked into this a little and apparently there will be a 'Lighthouse Challenge' later on which as a bunch of trainers which you can rematch as many times as you want, so hopefully that will be a good place to grind money and EXP.

Last time we promised Blake we would assist him to Haunted Isle to stop Team Fusion's wrongdoings. Unfortunately, our ship runs into some trouble and we are actually stuck on the island for now. While Blake tries to fix the boat, it's up to us to look for Team Fusion and find out what they are up to.

There's a patch of grass on the island, so I get my encounter first. Another Flying type but despite its nickname, it doesn't actually have Drizzle so I'm not sure how good this Wingull will be.

The inside of the cave is called 'Haunted Rock' instead of 'Haunted Isle', so I think this counts as another encounter.

Definitely the type of Pokemon you'd expect from this kind of place. When I was running around later, I also found stuff like Golett and Honedge which would have been cool to get.

While venturing our way through the dark, we run into these Team Fusion grunts from time to time.

Then THIS happened. I missed my second Wing Attack because I forgot about the accuracy drop from Sand-Attack, lived the Ember on 1 HP but got BURNED and went down to the burn.

Rest in peace, Aria. u n u Unfortunately, you were never able to become a Swellow.

I had two options here, either replace her with another Normal/Flying type or go with the Gastly I caught earlier. Even though Gastly gives me another Psychic weakness, I was eventually won over by her Modest nature.

I don't feel like grinding again, so I just gave her the EXP. Share for now and hoped that would help with some initial levels.

Eventually we stumble upon the Lantern, which helps us light up the room a bit more and make it easier to navigate our way through.

Getting some more grunts out of the way. These battles were actually quite tough, I don't know if all trainers have perfect IVs on their Pokemon, but they just hit so much harder than you would expect.

Gastly eventually got a nice STAB move and I was definitely happy to see that Omnious Wind's PP has been buffed from 5 to 15. Grinding would be such a pain when my only decent attacking move only has 5 PP.

These Team Fusion grunts might be tough, but they also give out a lot of EXP. Granbull's attack stat is higher than anything else on my team, so hopefully this will help us out during the boss battle that's most likely coming up soon.

They just threw the TM for Dragon Claw at us and we don't even have two gym badges yet. Unfortunately, none of my Pokemon can learn it.

Dun-dun-dun!

It's the scarfed Pikachu who is now revealed to be working together with Team Fusion. I still can't get used to the fact that we're actually talking to him.

Every time I train, thinking I will be overleveled, but these levels just keep on jumping up.

No random HP Grass still, thank god. However, it does have access to Draining Kiss so that's good to keep in mind for the future. Thankfully, Marshtomp easily takes out the Pikachu.

After his defeat, Pikachu gives us a device to get rid of Zoroark's illusions. This will allow us to get to the room of his 'boss'.

Using the Delusifier, we can see through the illusion and pass through the rocks.

At the end of the cave, we meet up with Team Fusion's Admin Michael who is not happy with our appearance.

He orders his grunts to take us down first, but their combination of Magmar and Electabuzz was no problem for my Roselia and Marshtomp. The latter could have easily taken on both, but I want to give my other Pokemon some time to shine as well.

The overworld sprite made him look like an old man, but he's actually a young man.

As hinted at earlier, Michael does use a Zoroark, which is perfect for my newly evolved Granbull. I didn't expect it to go down in one hit, but I guess Zoroark doesn't have the best defenses and Granbull's really strong.

We are victorious, but the mission isn't entirely a success as Team Fusion manages to get away with the information they wanted.

After Team Fusion leaves, we immediately get a call from Blake to inform us that the ship has been fixed.

We could make it back to Serenity City right now, but I actually want to get some more training done here on Haunted Isle before we leave. The second gym battle is right around the corner and the Pokemon in the cave actually give out a nice amount of EXP.

Hooray for more evolutions! It's kind of crazy how we have all these evolutions before the second gym, but I looked up the levels and trust me, we are not overleveled at all.

After grinding, we make it back to the port with Blake.

He also gives us a ticket to travel to Seaspray Town. However, we do still have the gym match left in Serenity City, so we won't be heading there straight away.

I end things here for now, next time we will take on the second gym leader and make our way to the next town. Until then!

-- TO BE CONTINUED --

Tabasco the Monferno

Lv. 26

Docile nature

Blaze

• Cut
  • Mach Punch
  • Flame Wheel
  • Taunt

Evergreen the Roselia

Lv. 26

Hardy nature

Poison Point

• Giga Drain
  • Growth
  • Leech Seed
  • Stun Spore

Pacific the Marshtomp

Lv. 26

Jolly nature (+Spd -SpA)

Torrent
  • Tackle
  • Curse
  • Mud Shot
  • Water Pulse

Bolt the Manectric

Lv. 26

Static
  • Bite
  • Thunder Wave
  • Quick Attack
  • Shock Wave

Daisy the Granbull

Lv. 26

Quiet nature (+SpA -Spd)

Intimidate
  • Covet
  • Bite
  • Tail Whip
  • Charm

Agatha the Haunter

Lv. 26

Modest nature (+SpA -Atk)

Levitate
  • Hypnosis
  • Confuse Ray
  • Spite
  • Omnious Wind

Lv. 15 - Male - Relaxed nature

Lv. 2 ~ Lv. 20 - Female - Mild nature

Died to: Burn from a Team Fusion Grunt's Cyndaquil after living the attack on 1 HP.

Last edited:

Wolf

The Sun God
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
AEST
All good, I understand mistakes happen, I'll probably continue to point them out as I notice them though. Cant really help myself.

that was a great update, I'm sorry for the loss of Aria though, I loved using a swellow on my team when I nuzlocked Omega Ruby.
Ive got a Roselia on my current nuzlocke of Diamond and it's been amazing to use so far, I've never actually used one before.
That's what I love about nuzlockes, you can get a new appreciation for pokemon you've previously overlooked.
Is there any pokemon in this locke that you haven't used before or have been surprised by?
My OR locke had Grumpig as my star, I hated it previously but love it after it become my go to pokemon in that locke.

Kaori

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Sinnoh Survivor
AKA
Vee
Time Zone
GMT+1
I am incredibly sorry for the lack of updates!! As I mentioned on my other ongoing challenge, I've been preoccupied with other things, but it's finally time to revive this thread.

Since this is a hack, I did have to look back and read through the previous parts to familiarize myself with the setting and team again, but I think I'm good to go!

@Wolf Swellow's an amazing Pokemon, but it is quite frail so keeping it alive in a Nuzlocke isn't easy. > < Especially in a game that bumps up the difficulty. Grumpig is one of those Pokemon I've always wanted to use, but I've never gotten the chance to! I was kind of hoping I got one for my Alpha Sapphire Scramble, but I used Lunatone as my Psychic type instead, which turned out to be much better than expected as well!

--

In case you guys don't remember, we left off last time right after defeating Team Fusion on Haunted Isle. To thank us for the help, we also received the ferry ticket to travel to Seaspray City from Blake.

However, there's one thing left to do before we can head over there.

With the Delusifier we picked up last time, we can now get rid of the illusionary rock in front of the second gym and take on the gym leader.

As you can tell from the gym's interior and the type of gym trainers, this is a Ground type gym! I have both a strong water and grass type, so hopefully we won't have too much trouble with this one.

No. Scary move. Go away. T __ T

Dragon Rage is the number one surprise killer in a Nuzlocke challenge. Thankfully the AI showed it early while I was at full HP, but it still gave me a bit of a scare.

With Marshtomp and Roselia by my side, I managed to defeat the gym trainers without too much trouble, eventually reaching the gym leader Terry.

His first Pokemon is a Golett at lv. 24, which means his ace will most likely be around the same level as my team.

Next up is Rhyhorn, who is 4x weak to water and easily goes down in one hit.

His ace is a Sandslash, but once again Roselia proves her worth and one Giga Drain is plenty to earn us the victory.

We get the Dirt Badge and the TM for Dig, which means Marshtomp can finally get a physical ground type attack! In the regular Glazed version, you actually get the TM for Earthquake from Terry but I can understand why that is OP so early on.

I decided to teach Dig to my Granbull as well for some type diversity + she actually has the highest physical attack stat of the entire squad.

Our next destination is Seaspray Town which means another ferry trip. As soon as we arrive at the harbor, we run into a familiar face who is more than happy to tell us about her achievements so far.

Of course, it wouldn't be a Pokemon game if she didn't also challenge us to a battle. There sure are a lot of rivals in this hack. Still waiting for the guy/girl with the Totodile line to show up.

Her first two Pokemon are both starter lines, which means we'll eventually have to face a Greninja. I'm not sure if hers will have Protean (or if Protean is even in the game) but I sure hope not.

Her final Pokemon is a Raichu, which means I can make use of the newly acquired Dig on Marshtomp right away!

Right after Chelle leaves, we get another dizzy spell, slipping through the dimensions for the third time since the start of the game.

This time we actually end up in a city, giving us a chance to interact with some of the people in this world.

Sir??? That's not a dog???

Thankfully, Luke is here as well so we should be able to return to our own timeline soon enough. He tells us that something in this world should connect to my own and that will be the trigger to get back.

The link is actually the girl over here who claims to be a fan of Pokemon. Turns out that the world we've been slipping to is the 'real world' where Pokemon is nothing but a game. That's actually a pretty fun plot.

ー And we've made it back.

Seaspray Town is home to the move relearner, which means we can get some nice coverage moves! I decided to go with Fire Fang on Granbull to have something for Steel types and Ice Fang on Manectric for Ground types.

There's also a big deparment store here which sells most of the regular stones, but unfortunately no Shiny Stone to get a Roserade.

I tried to go inside the gym, but was told that the gym leader is currently at the nearby dam to fix a problem there.

This is a new area, which means we get an encounter!

Even though I love the Mareep line, I've used it so many times in the past, I'd rather stick with Manectric which I haven't used in forever. At least we have a back up electric type in case anything happens to Bolt.

Inside the dam, we find the gym leader pretty quickly but it seems like they're having trouble with controlling the energy.

Oh dear. Another character with quite the temper.

We hand her the Sensor just like the Professor asked us to. However, she is too busy to install it right now.

Once again, we are asked to run some sort of errand before we get to challenge a gym.

With the Security Card on hand, we can get past the guard and from there it's just a short trip to Geminite Village.

Right as we arrive in Geminite Village, we run into our other rival who also challenges us to a battle.

Once again, I'm starting to see a pattern here. If there isn't a third rival who has Croconaw and Braixen, I will be very disappointed.

His final Pokemon is a male Kirlia, so we can expect a Gallade from Percy in the future.

Being a strong trainer is no fun in this game because it means everyone relies on you to run errands. It's a tough life.

This game has a similar mechanic to gen 4's underground where you can look for shards and exchange them for fossils in another house in this same town.

I might spend some time on that later. I just haven't decided how to apply the Nuzlocke rules. Should I be able to pick my fossil or is the first shard I find the one I exchange? Let me know what you guys think on this matter!

Eventually we locate the people responsible for the electricity spike. To fix the problem, we have to go inside the mountain to find the foreman and tell him about the situation at the dam.

Encounter time!

Boo~ This is such a boring encounter to find in a cave and it's not even a good Pokemon. At least Zubat eventually turns into Crobat which is one of my favorite flying types. I don't see myself using a Pokemon with 4x weaknesses to two common typings but we'll see.

I did a little more grinding in the front room of the cave before I felt comfortable proceeding further. I'll leave things off here for now and next time we'll explore the whole of Mt. Stratus in search of the Foreman and hopefully fix the problem with the Dam so we can challenge Flo and earn the third gym badge!

Tabasco the Monferno

Lv. 29

Docile nature

Blaze

• Cut
  • Mach Punch
  • Fire Punch
  • Fake Out

Evergreen the Roselia

Lv. 29

Hardy nature

Poison Point

• Giga Drain
  • Growth
  • Leech Seed
  • Stun Spore

Pacific the Marshtomp

Lv. 29

Jolly nature (+Spd -SpA)

Torrent
  • Rock Slide
  • Curse
  • Dig
  • Water Pulse

Bolt the Manectric

Lv. 29

Static
  • Crunch
  • Thunder Wave
  • Ice Fang
  • Shock Wave

Daisy the Granbull

Lv. 29

Quiet nature (+SpA -Spd)

Intimidate
  • Covet
  • Bite
  • Fire Fang
  • Dig

Agatha the Haunter

Lv. 29

Levitate
  • Hypnosis
  • Confuse Ray
  • Spite
  • Omnious Wind

Lv. 25 - Male - Naive nature

Lv. 21 - Male - Hasty nature

Died to: Burn from a Team Fusion Grunt's Cyndaquil after living the attack on 1 HP.

Wolf

The Sun God
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
AEST
I think you should go with the first fossil you find, that's what i do when i play gen 4

Kaori

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Sinnoh Survivor
AKA
Vee
Time Zone
GMT+1
@Wolf That seems fair! I'll trade in the first shard I'll find then. However, I haven't come across the place that will revive the fossil, so I'm not too pressed to go get it right away. Most of them also evolve relatively late so I don't know how good they'll be in a Nuzlocke.

--

Last time we left off in Mt. Stratus in search of the Foreman. We manage to locate him fairly quickly in one of the deeper parts of the cave. However, he isn't very pleased with the sudden visitor.

We try to explain the situation at the dam, but this guy doesn't seem interested in the slightest.

First he tells us this isn't a playground, then he proceeds to set off some explosives RIGHT IN FRONT OF A CHILD.

What a great adult.

Well...Time to get out of here.

We safely get out of the cave and the Foreman seems to have a change of heart as well.

Thankfully, the avalance seemed to have positively influenced the Foreman's attitude and he is actually willing to listen to us now. He promises they will adjust their activities to prevent spending so much electricity in the future.

We also receive the HM for Strength. I can't use it yet in the overworld because I only have two badges, but it's a decently powerful physical move so I'll probably end up teaching it to Granbull at one point.

As soon as we leave the Hiker's Hut, the game skips to a little cutscene depicting Team Fusion's admin Michael.

Oh dear. Seems like Team Fusion might be targeting Geminite Town or Mt. Stratus next.

Remember how I said this guy's overworld sprite looks like a middle-aged man, but then his trainer sprite resembles more of a young man? Seems like the overworld sprite is the truth after all because this guy actually has a KID.

We safely make it back to the dam to report our findings to Flo, who is grateful for our work. We also get another HM, this time the one for Rock Smash. Now that the problem has been fixed, Flo returns to the gym where we can choose to challenge her.

Before I went to take on the gym, I actually went back to the previous area because I still have to take on the Lighthouse Challenge there. When I looked up the levels online, it said the highest would be in the early 30s, which means we should be ready to take this on now.

As you can see, each floor hosts a single trainer who focuses on a specific typing. You can sort of guess what the type might be from their trainer sprite, so I tried to adjust my lead accordingly.

As for the levels, they're actually a lot lower than I expected them to be. They do get higher as you reach the upper floors (and there's no way out unless you white out), but I think the levels I found online might be for the regular Glazed version instead of Blazed Glazed.

Eventually we reach the final trainer, who specializes in Fighting type Pokemon.

Yeah...Those levels were definitely a little off. I guess I could have done this challenge much earlier then.

What's a fighting type to a strong Fairy type? I had never used Granbull before but I'm definitely loving using one so far! Its slow speed is a bit of a drawback, but she is just so powerful!

For completing the Lighthouse challenge, we are gifted a free Eevee! This is a great Pokemon to get in a Nuzlocke because you can evolve it in so many different types depending on what your team needs.

On the summary it actually states 'Def-Eevee' which had be confused at first, so I had to consult the documentation. Apparently this hack has two different forms of Eevee, a defensive and an offensive one. It doesn't change the stats, but each form evolves into different eeveelutions. For example, only defensive Eevee can become a Vaporeon, while only offensive Eevee can evolve into Jolteon. Evolution still happens through stones, with the Sun and Moon stone added to the mix.

I had mentioned before that my team has a bit of a Pyschic weakness with one Fighting and two Poison types, so I decided to evolve this Eevee into an Espeon! Unfortunately, this means that one member of the current squad will have to be replaced. I decided that Haunter will sit on the bench for now, since Ghost and Pyschic types usually learn the same types of moves.

I also made a quick trip to the move relearner to give him a STAB move and Espeon also gets Grass Knot in this hack. (I don't think it usually does?)

As you can see, he does not have a nickname yet because the game did not let me give him one. I will be naming him 'Apollo', which will be fixed as soon as we get to the name rater.

After an intense training session, Espeon is all caught up with the team. Time to head towards the gym!

Upon entering the gym, we bump into this blue-haired boy who claims to be Flo's son. Could he be the long awaited third rival?

It seems like my predictions were indeed correct, we finally found the third rival who uses the Totodile line! You actually travel to Johto for the post-game, so I guess it makes sense they would give the gen 2 starters to the rival trio.

His third Pokemon is a Porygon, which isn't very strong right now but may become a threat later on.

Cato and Flo are confirmed to be originally from the Johto region as well, which makes sense if these two regions are close to each other. I don't remember if Chelle or Percy ever mentioned their home region, but they might be from Johto as well.

After Cato leaves, I can proceed into the gym to take on all of the gym trainers, who mostly just used water types but there was also one trainer with a random Dratini. They do live in the water, so I guess I can give it a pass.

I have two solid options for water types, being my Manectric and my Roselia but I decided to lead with the former in fear of random Ice type attacks on her Pokemon.

We're definitely starting off strong, taking out her first Pokemon without taking any damage ourselves.

For her second Pokemon, Roselia gets to come out. I guess it was to be expected that she would have at least one Water/Ground type to combat Electric types.

Her third Pokemon is the powerful Gyarados, who unfortunately has a 4x weakness to Electric and gets absolutely destroyed by Shock Wave before it can really do anything.

Her last Pokemon is an Azumarill, which could be a real threat if it has a competitive set and goes for Belly Drum. Thankfully, my Manectric should always outspeed and Shock Wave will hurt.

It actually turns out to be a special set with Scald, which means we might be getting this move as a TM for defeating her.

Azumarill tanks these hits way better than expected and Scald does a lot despite its lackluster special attack stat. I also get burnt eventually so it's time to play it safe and switch out to Roselia.

Roselia thankfully resists the water type moves and doesn't care about the burn either, so we manage to take out her last Pokemon.

Either Water Pulse has been changed to Scald in this hack, or I have been tricked into thinking we would get a great move but we don't.

No Scald, unfortunately. However, Roselia can learn Water Pulse in this hack which is kind of neat? It'll give us some much needed type diversity and a way to hit Fire types in case of an emergency. (I'd still prefer not to have Roselia out against Fire types)

Either way, we have successfully earned our third gym badge, so I will end this part here.

Next time we'll proceed South of Geminite Town towards the next city!

Tabasco the Monferno

Lv. 31

Docile nature

Blaze

• Cut
  • Mach Punch
  • Fire Punch
  • Fake Out

Evergreen the Roselia

Lv. 32

Hardy nature

Poison Point

• Giga Drain
  • Water Pulse
  • Leech Seed
  • Stun Spore

Pacific the Marshtomp

Lv. 31

Jolly nature (+Spd -SpA)

Torrent
  • Rock Slide
  • Curse
  • Dig
  • Water Pulse

Bolt the Manectric

Lv. 32

Static
  • Crunch
  • Flame Burst
  • Ice Fang
  • Shock Wave

Daisy the Granbull

Lv. 31

Quiet nature (+SpA -Spd)

Intimidate
  • Covet
  • Bite
  • Fire Fang
  • Dig

Apollo the Espeon

Lv. 30

Synchronize
  • Confusion
  • Grass Knot
  • Sand-Attack
  • Swift

Lv. 30 - Female - Modest nature

Kaori

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Sinnoh Survivor
AKA
Vee
Time Zone
GMT+1

Now that we got our third gym badge, I can use these new HMs so I decided to put Geodude on the team for a bit and explore some of the parts of Mt. Stratus which were blocked off earlier.

There were a couple of extra items I picked up, but nothing amazing.

We can now proceed south of Geminite River towards Stormy City, the city where it always rains.

Even though I really like both Nidoking and Nidoqueen, there isn't really a place for this little guy on the team.

Oh my god. I probably shouldn't have risked this but why do all trainers have such strong Pokemon? Bite isn't even that strong of a move, yet one of them brought me all the way down to 7 HP.

People on the route were talking about how strong this guy is, but we definitely have the type advantage here. I just have to be careful of dark type attacks because I'm pretty sure Seviper gets Bite as well.

Thankfully it paralyzed itself by going for Glare on a synchronize Pokemon (which means I was still faster) and then proceeded to get haxed himself so I got out of that battle at full HP.

There's another part of Mt. Stratus here, which has a few different encounters. However, it is still the same cave so I don't get to catch anything here.

The rude Pikachu has returned!

This Pikachu is really out there to annoy us, stealing our badges this time. Unfortunately, we don't get a chance to fight back and the Pikachu just runs off.

W H E E Z E.

There's too many close calls in this part! My heart stopped when I switched in Manectric and got hit by a critical hit Aqua Jet. That's a 40 BP move!! I know it's in the rain and Floatzel is strong but these Pokemon are just too strong...

Right before arriving at Stormy City, Blake arrives to update us on Team Fusion's latest endeavors. They have kidnapped the Foreman of Geminite Town and are holding him hostage somewhere in Mt. Stratus.

He doesn't ask for our assistance this time, leaving for Geminite Town on his own while we can continue forward and take on the next gym leader.

Definitely a stormy city.

There's a housewife teaching your Pokemon Scald in one of the houses which is pretty neat. Even though Swampert will be more of a physical attacker, a move that has a 30% chance to burn isn't bad for now.

We also get the TMs for Rain Dance and Sunny Day, which could be useful for some weather strategies but I generally don't use these type of moves on my Pokemon because you have to waste a turn to set up the weather and take extra damage.

An adoption clinic is honestly a really neat idea for a faculty to put into the games! I'm honestly surprised this hasn't been put in any of the canon games.

The Grovyle recognizes you as a strong trainer and asks to be adopted by you, which means we get a free Pokemon! Unfortunately, a grass type isn't something I need right now so he'll be going to the box.

From Stormy City you can take the ferry to Trainer Isle, which has battle facilities similar to the Battle Tower or Battle Tree. You can earn BP and buy several items with it, but this doesn't really make sense to include in a Nuzlocke run so I'll be skipping this for now.

Time to take on the gym! I did train my Pokemon a little before going in, so the whole squad's at lv. 33 right now. Hopefully that will be sufficient.

IT WAS NOT ENOUGH.

I was so upset when this happened because I don't think there was any way I could prevent it from happening. The Breloom lived Monferno's Fire Punch and then proceeded to go for Counter, easily taking me out from full.

Losing Pokemon in a Nuzlocke is always frustrating, but losing your starter just stinks. Especially since I don't have any other fire types in my box so I'm honestly not sure what to put on my team in place of Monferno.

Sigh. Rest in piece, buddy. You were never able to become a powerful Infernape. T __ T

As I said, I don't have a perfect replacement at the moment so I'll just rock with a squad of five for the timebeing.

I wasn't worried about this gym at first, but since I just lost my fire type, this could get tricky.

Leif leads off with his Servine, who hits quite hard but does go down to 2 Fire Fangs from my Granbull. I did have to heal my Pokemon once but thankfully no surprise critical hits to catch me off guard.

Next up his Venusaur who just refuses to die. It keeps on living on just 1 HP which was really annoying because it almost cost me my Espeon.

Eventually we do take out this monster, which means we're halfway there.

Next up is Leafeon, which took forever to take down because I had to keep on using healing items to make sure I was outside of critical hit range. (It uses Razor Leaf which has a high crit ratio as well)

His last Pokemon is a Whimsicott, which I have the perfect counter to because he can't really touch my Roselia. I can't exactly touch him either without a Poison type attack, but we get the lucky Poison Point which means that eventually, we'll simply stall him out.

Thankfully, the AI is making my life a little easier by going for Substitute, taking 25% of its HP each time which is much more than any of my attacks could do. The Whimsicott is poisoned as well so it doesn't really matter if I can't break the Substitute right away.

After a long and somewhat nerve-wrecking battle, we finally claim the victory.

We get the Stem Badge and the TM for Giga Drain. I was hoping for something stronger like Energy Ball since my Roselia already knows Giga Drain but it can't be helped.

Right after earning our fourth gym badge, we get a call from Blake. He has located Team Fusion but is currently in the middle of a battle with one of the admins and requires our assistance go to look for the kidnapped Foreman in the meantime.

Off to Mt. Stratus we go!

I forgot to pick up my Geodude, so I decided to take this opportunity to just teach Strength to Granbull. It'll be easier later on either way.

There's a couple of grunts blocking our path, but a lot of them use Fighting types, so Granbull is having a field day out there. I do hope we get a stronger Fairy type attack soon though.

Meanwhile Blake and Michael are having a dark vs. dark show off with their Darkrai and Zoroark. Once we get up those stairs, we should be able to rescue the Foreman.

The one holding the Foreman hostage is Michael's son, Henri alongside the annoying Pikachu. This is the perfect opportunity to get our badges back!

Unlike Michael, this guy doesn't seem nearly as confident about battling. This might be an easy win.

He starts off with a Huntail which is the same level as my Pokemon, so I'm definitely not under- or overleveled. Not a perfect match-up for my Marshtomp since I don't have anything to hit it for super effective damage.

I debated switching in Roselia for a second but thank god I did not, because the Huntail went for Ice Fang over a STAB water attack. It did a lot even to Manectric, so it would have definitely taken out Roselia.

His next Pokemon is a Gorebyss, so I did risk my Roselia praying that it wouldn't have Ice Beam this early on. It did not, thankfully, because a non-STAB 40 BP Confusion ended up doing over half to me. I swear the Pokemon in this game are absurdly powerful. (or my Pokemon have really bad IVs :P )

After defeating Henri, Pikachu decides he will simply deal with us himself. He does mention getting stronger attacks from Team Fusion so if a Grass Knot comes out here, I am going to cry.

Thankfully Draining Kiss is still the best thing it has to hit my Marshtomp, so we can easily take him out with a Dig.

After Pikachu leaves, Henri opens up to you, admitting that he is being forced to do all of these things by his father despite not having any interest in joining forces with Team Fusion. We also get our badges back in a true Pokemon-game fashion (they just love dropping things in these games)

Henri promises to bring the Foreman to safety, asking you to go check up on Blake and his father.

Thankfully, Blake proves his worth as one of the members of the Elite Four, successfully taking out Michael.

As Blake is talking to us about the Foreman, the usual time slipping occurs once more, actually dragging Blake along with us.

I do find it kind of suspicious how we always end up appearing near Luke, one of the few people in this world who seems to be aware of the whole dimension traveling thing in the first place.

Either way, it isn't the first time someone had accidentally brought someone else along to another timeline and apparently it can cause a lot of distress to both parties.

Blake ensures that he does not mind, but he is curious about what is going on so Luke explains the situation to him.

When Luke asks who or what might be behind the time slipping, both of us respond in unison. It was also revealed by Henri earlier that Team Fusion is planning to do something with the mythical Pokemon Mew, which may be related to all of this as well.

Soon enough, we return to the proper world and Blake promises to help us keep an eye on Team Fusion's plans and report as soon as he finds out something important.

With team Fusion kept at bay for now, we can make our way out of Mt. Stratus, arriving at the snowy Icebound Chasm. We might be able to snag ourselves a nice ice type here?

However, that will have to wait for next time because this part has been dragging on for a while. It sucks that I lost my starter, but hopefully we will be able to rebuild the team a little next time.

Until then!

-- TO BE CONTINUED --

Pacific the Marshtomp

Lv. 34

Jolly nature (+Spd -SpA)

Torrent
  • Rock Slide
  • Curse
  • Dig
  • Scald

Evergreen the Roselia

Lv. 34

Hardy nature

Poison Point

• Giga Drain
  • Water Pulse
  • Leech Seed
  • Stun Spore

Bolt the Manectric

Lv. 34

Static
  • Crunch
  • Flame Burst
  • Ice Fang
  • Shock Wave

Daisy the Granbull

Lv. 34

Quiet nature (+SpA -Spd)

Intimidate
  • Covet
  • Bite
  • Fire Fang
  • Strength

Apollo the Espeon

Lv. 34

Synchronize
  • Confusion
  • Grass Knot
  • Sand-Attack
  • Swift

Lv. 25 - Male - Sassy nature

Lv. 5 ~ Lv. 34 - Male - Docile nature

Died to: Counter from a gym trainer's Breloom in Stormy City's gym.

Last edited:

SkylarAlpha

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Oh no, Tabasco :surprisedazurill::cryingazurill: Counter is a super annoying move if you don't know to expect it...

As for replacements, unless you catch something more useful in the next part: train up Pidgey perhaps to deal with the Grass types? Just an idea

Deva

"Regular" Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
US Eastern Time
3DS FC
4210-4539-8161
IGN
Deva
Searched a bit for IVs on trainer Pokémon. Discovered nothing. Looked into the team's Individual Values instead. Input their stats upon being obtained.
Used Serebii's Diamond/Pearl IV checker. Seemed more appropriate than the ones for X/Y and Sun/Moon.

Listed the range first. Displayed the median (rounded down) in parentheses. Became more accurate as levels increased.

Tabasco:monferno:
Hitpoints: 0-11 (5)
Attack: 4-23 (13)
Defense: 0-11 (5)
Special Attack: 4-23 (13)
Special Defense: 0-11 (5)
Speed: 18-31 (24)

Aria:taillow:
Hitpoints: 0-19 (9)
Attack: Anything
Defense: Anything
Special Attack: Anything
Special Defense: Anything
Speed: 0-29 (14)

Evergreen:roselia:
Hitpoints: 0-19 (9)
Attack: 0-19 (9)
Defense: 0-9 (4)
Special Attack: 0-19 (9)
Special Defense: 0-19 (9)
Speed: 30-31 (30)

Pacific:marshtomp:
Hitpoints: 0-11 (5)
Attack: 16-26 (21)
Defense: 0-11 (5)
Special Attack: 23-31 (27)
Special Defense: 23-31 (27)
Speed: 0-8 (4)

Dwayne:onix:
Hitpoints: 30-31 (30)
Attack: Error. Gave it 40 EVs. Showed 25-31 IVs then.
Defense: 5-13 (9)
Special Attack: 24-31 (27)
Special Defense: 10-18 (14)
Speed: 2-9 (5)
(Note: Tried other IV checkers. Yielded the same result. Never adjusted its base attack stat between generations either. Shrugs.)

Bolt:manectric:
Hitpoints: 4-19 (11)
Attack: 0-16 (8)
Defense: 20-31 (25)
Special Attack: 20-31 (25)
Special Defense: 20-31 (25)
Speed: 4-19 (11)

Daisy:granbull:
Hitpoints: 0-4 (2)
Attack: 0-4 (2)
Defense: 0-8 (4)
Special Attack: 12-19 (15)
Special Defense: 12-19 (15)
Speed: 0-6 (3)
(Ouch.)

Apollo:espeon:
Hitpoints: 5-9 (7)
Attack: 0-4 (2)
Defense: 0-4 (2)
Special Attack: 20-24 (22)
Special Defense: 15-19 (17)
Speed: 5-9 (7)

Hates seeing Counter also. Never seems to happen with Mirror Coat. Assumes greater availability for Counter.

Kaori

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Sinnoh Survivor
AKA
Vee
Time Zone
GMT+1
@SkylarAlpha Definitely. T __ T Fire/Fighting is such a good offensive typing as well so it really sucks to lose that.

I did consider Pidgey at first, but training it all the way up would have taken forever and the Pidgeot line is very mediocre in general, so I wasn't sure if he would last long in a Nuzlocke of a challenging hack.

@Deva Oh my gosh, thank you very much for taking the time to analyze the team! Those IVs are what you would expect from Pokemon caught in the wild, but I still do think that the trainers have 'perfect' Pokemon. I know this is a common trend amongst hacks (most notably the Drayano hacks) and I believe the person who updated Glazed to Blazed Glazed was inspired by Drayano's work.

Now that you mention it, I do see Counter way more often than Mirror Coat! I guess I should have been more on guard around fighting types, but I honestly did not expect Breloom to live the Fire Punch in the first place...

--

Last time we left off at the exit of Mt. Stratus leading up to Icebound Chasm. Let's see what type of Pokemon we can catch in this grass!

Froslass is one of those Pokemon I've always wanted to use but never have because by the time Ice types become available in most canon games, I already have an established team of six.

Little sidenote, one of the trainer's Piloswine froze me with Ice Fang and I can confirm that Scald does thaw your Pokemon in this game, just like it does in the actual games.

I also discovered that the snowboarders on this particular route will rematch you as many times as you want. Unfortunately, the rematch triggers as soon as you pass by them after exiting the route once, so backtracking becomes a little bit of a pain. (There's no way to walk around them either, unfortunately)

Soon enough we arrive in Northcoast Town, home to an ice type gym.

There's a random Mudkip in this town which will teach your Pokemon Ice Punch for free. Definitely a nice addition to Marshtomp's moveset in case we find ourselves up against a grass type.

In one of the houses you can get a gift Rotom (which once again does not have a nickname) at a decent level. I looked up how to get the different forms and they are permanent in this game, triggered by using one of the evolution stones. They also get one extra elemental move which is weaker than their regular moves, but has perfect accuracy and higher PP.

Remember the Fossils guy from a while back? I ended up getting a Claw fossil from him, using the first shard I dug up from the underground. Now we can finally revive the fossil and get ourselves an Anorith which should be a great back up in the PC.

Speaking of nicknames, the name rater is in this town so Rotom doesn't have to go very long with a nickname. I think it is quite obvious which form I am planning to evolve it into.

Last but not least is one more encounter on the route East of the city, which gives me another ice type I've always wanted to use in Sneasel!

With the new options at hand, I decided it was time for a little team overhaul. Between Snorunt and Sneasel, I decided to add the latter to the team for now, giving me a Psychic immunity AND a fast yet strong physical attacker. I can also get some really good moves on it right away thanks to the Ice Punch tutor.

Secondly, I added Rotom to the team, hoping to travel back to purchase a Fire Stone and get myself a Rotom-Heat to replace Monferno. This means I sadly had to box Manectric because I don't really need two Electric types on the team. Rotom-Heat has better bulk and a ground immunity due to its Levitate ability, so I think it's a better choice overall.

While backtracking to go get the Fire Stone, I was forced to battle those snowboarders again, giving Marshtomp enough EXP. to finally reach his final form. Swampert's an amazing Pokemon, so hopefully he can carry the team as we're slowly rebuilding after losing our starter.

There we go! A brand new fire type for the team. Rotom-Heat only has two weaknesses in Water and Rock so hopefully we can keep him around for a long time! I also stopped by the move relearner to give him a fire STAB move right away.

This is what the team looks like after some grinding for the next gym battle. There's one snowboarder with a Delibird who only has Present and gives out a decent amount of EXP. which made training so much more of a breeze!

When I went to stock up on healing items for the upcoming gym battle, I realized this Mart sells something called a 'Trade Stone'. I'm guessing you use it to evolve any Pokemon that usually needs a trading evolution? This would be nice to keep in mind in case we ever add Haunter back to the squad.

Meanwhile I'm just waiting for a Shiny Stone so I can finally have a Roserade.

After taking out the gym trainers, we eventually reach the gym leader, but she isn't alone. Percy has just finished his gym battle, coming out victorious.

Before we get to fight Irene, there's one more battle waiting for us. Surprisingly, he only has three Pokemon still, I was expecting for the number to have gone up by now.

He starts off with a Gardevoir, which surprised me because I was so convinced he would get a Gallade instead. I do believe that Gardevoir gets Magical Leaf by level up, so I am definitely not risking this.

I decided to take a bit of a risk here and go to my Sneasel as they thankfully go for Psychic which doesn't affect me at all. I'm a few levels higher, so hopefully Feint Attack is a 2HKO while we are able to take one hit.

Well.

I guess I'm not using a Sneasel after all.

The first Feint Attack did about half while the Gardevoir went for Calm Mind, tricking me into thinking it might not have a Fairy type move because otherwise the AI would have gone for it already. Then the next turn I get a low roll and my Sneasel just gets absolutely destroyed by a +1 Draining Kiss.

I ended up switching back to Swampert after that, praying the AI didn't trick me again but thankfully no Magical Leaf came out and we manage to take out the Gardevoir. This fight made me realize just how weak my team is to a Calm Mind Gardevoir.

Thankfully, his next two Pokemon are much easier to take out.

After winning, he gives us the HM for Surf. It's not the ideal Water type attack for Swampert, but I'll need it to continue on in the story so I'd rather give it to one of my main team members instead of using an HM slave.

After laying Sneasel to rest, I decided to pick up my other ice type as a replacement. Cue another training session!

We picked up a Dawn Stone way back so I can actually evolve my Snorunt into a Froslass right away. I also made another trip back to the move relearner to give her both Omnious Wind and Draining Kiss.

Once Froslass is mostly caught up with the rest of the team, I returned to the gym to challenge Irene.

Her first Pokemon is a Cloyster, which isn't the best match-up for my Rotom-Heat, but I was fairly sure that one Shock Wave would be enough to take it out. Cloyster has fairly low Special Defense after all.

Her next Pokemon is another Ice/Water type which is a lot bulkier so I knew one Shock Wave would definitely not be enough. However, I trusted that Rotom-Heat could take one hit and thankfully it does (although not very well) and we are able to take out the Dewgong on the following turn.

Finally a non-water type! However, my Rotom-Heat is quite low on health so we definitely need to heal up first.

Is this a competitive battle? This Froslass just started setting up entry hazards!

Shadow Ball did about 35 to 40% to my Rotom-Heat but eventually she does get the Sp. Def. drop on me. Thankfully we take out the Froslass before it can get off another attack. Let's hope her last Pokemon is a physical attacker.

That is definitely a physical attacker and a very strong one at that. I decided Granbull would be my best bet because she'll resist the Dark type attacks and gets off an Intimidate as well.

I totally forgot that Covet steals items but this Weavile was holding a SCOPE LENS. Critical hits are so dangerous in Nuzlockes so I am very happy it is gone.

We get the Icicle Badge and the TM for Ice Beam, which comes just in time since we just added a specially based Ice type to the team. This should definitely help Froslass hit way harder compared to the underwhelming Icy Wind.

That's it for today. Next time we'll head East of Northcoast Town and hopefully not lose another Pokemon. > <

Pacific the Swampert

Lv. 39

Jolly nature (+Spd -SpA)

Torrent
  • Ice Punch
  • Curse
  • Dig
  • Surf

Evergreen the Roselia

Lv. 39

Hardy nature

Poison Point

• Giga Drain
  • Water Pulse
  • Leech Seed
  • Stun Spore

Overcooked the Rotom-H

Lv. 39

Docile nature

Levitate
  • Flame Burst
  • Shock Wave
  • Will-O-Wisp
  • Omnious Wind

Daisy the Granbull

Lv. 39

Quiet nature (+SpA -Spd)

Intimidate
  • Covet
  • Bite
  • Fire Fang
  • Strength

Apollo the Espeon

Lv. 38

Synchronize
  • Psybeam
  • Grass Knot
  • Sand-Attack
  • Swift

Fubuki the Froslass

Lv. 36

Bold nature (+Def -Atk)

Inner Focus
  • Ice Beam
  • Draining Kiss
  • Omnious Wind
  • Shock Wave

Lv. 25 - Male - Quirky nature

Lv. 34 - Male - Impish nature

Lv. 20 - Female - Quiet nature

Lv. 26 ~ Lv. 38 - Male - Naive nature

Died to: Draining Kiss from Percy's Gardevoir

Last edited:

SkylarAlpha

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
RIP Rogue. It wasn't meant to be. Let's hope Fubuki gets to live longer.

Overcooked is a really nice addition. Bolt can be safely tucked into the box for a while (or forever, hopefully)

Kaori

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Sinnoh Survivor
AKA
Vee
Time Zone
GMT+1
@SkylarAlpha It is a shame but the Sneasel line is known for being frail, so they are very hard to use in Nuzlockes. > < Froslass isn't exactly bulky either but I'll definitely be more careful with her.

The Rotom forms are really interesting and I've always wanted to use them in-game or in a Nuzlocke. I have fond memories of using Rotom-H in the UU tier during my short competitive run and it performed really well there! Especially with Scizor being the most common Pokemon in that tier.

--

After earning our fifth gym badge, we move on towards Blizzard Slopes. This is where I caught Sneasel last time, so we don't get an encounter just yet.

This route eventually leads to the entrance of another cave.

Icicle Tunnel is a new area, so I'll be catching the first Pokemon whenever I run into it. There's also a random TM24 laying around so we finally have access to Thunderbolt. (In regular Glazed, you get TM24 after earning your first gym badge) I decided to give it Rotom-H, obiviously, and also to my Froslass for coverage. It's a definite improvement over Shock Wave.

Our first encounter is another cave classic in Zubat! I really like Crobat so I'm not complaining about this one! I've actually been thinking that my team needs a Flying type, especially with the HM for Fly most likely coming up soon. At the same time, I really wouldn't know who to replace because I like every member on my current team.

Last but not least, I also found the Never-melt-ice to help power up Froslass' Ice Beam!

The cave leads to Cape Azure where we run into Blake who has an update on Team Fusion's situation. They are indeed involved with several legendary Pokemon, currently headed towards Temporal Tower near Choco Town. He asks us to join him there as soon as we have earned our sixth gym badge.

Seems like we might have a rival battle with Chelle coming up soon...

For some reason there's random TMs scattered across this city, but I guess I shouldn't complain about that. Shadow Ball is especially nice for a stronger STAB move on Froslass. Unfortunately, nobody on my team can learn Knock Off after losing my Sneasel. I thought maybe Granbull would be able to learn it but she can't.

With the gym nowhere in sight, I tried to go south of the city, but we can't proceed without a bicycle.

Next to the bridge, there's the entrance to the Turnod Region's Safari Zone. There's two different areas, one right before the entrance building and then the actual Safari Zone. Since they have totally different encounter tables, I will be using the 'Pinwheel clause' here and allow myself to get one encounter in each area.

Outside the Safari Zone we catch a Gligar, which I've named after fellow Marrilander @Moxie because I know Gliscor is one of his favorite Pokemon ever.

Meanwhile I am more excited about my encounter inside the Safari Zone. I have been wanting a Steel type on the team for a while right now and Mawile seems like a perfect fit. She has been buffed in this hack as well, receiving the same base stats as Mega Mawile, just without the Huge Power ability.

Unfortunately, this means that Granbull will have to sit on the bench for now. While I did enjoy using her, I think a Steel/Fairy type is better overall than just a pure Fairy type.

Since I had to grind now anyway, I decided to give the whole team a little training session and raised them all to lv. 42.

Deeper into the Safari Zone, we finally run into Chelle who is raring for a battle.

I lead off with Froslass in case she sent out her Meganium first, but instead we end up facing Raichu. I got a little nervous when the AI decided to go for Double Team because there's nothing I hate more than evasion hax. Seriously, one Double Team and suddenly NO attacks are hitting. Thankfully we get a critical hit on the next Ice Beam that lands, taking out the Raichu.

Next up is a new addition to her team in Flareon. The poor thing is notorious for being the worst Eeveelution and I might have to agree in this case since it got easily OHKO'd by Swampert's Dig.

Her starter comes out next, who has reached its final stage by now. Meganium is bulky, but there isn't much it can do against a Rotom-H who resists its best attacks.

Last but not least is her Greninja (which is confirmed to be non-Protean) so the newest member on the team gets a chance to shine! I love how Mawile's backsprite looks because you can actually see her face. Greninja's no match for her strong Fairy type attacks.

Chelle gives us the bike, which means we can now cross the bridge and head towards the next gym.

While fighting one of the bikers on the bridge, I discovered that Luxray is an Electric/Dark type in this hack since my Psybeam did not work on it. Thankfully it didn't go for a STAB Dark move against my Espeon, instead opting to Roar me out. Phew, definitely dodged a bullet there.

After a short trip across the bridge, we arrive at our next location.

It has been a while since we last saw Cato (I even forgot his name, whoops), but he is ready to show us his improved team.

He leads off with his Kalos starter, which isn't too bad of a match up for me since I gave Espeon Shadow Ball earlier. To my surprise, the Delphox was actually taken out in one hit.

His next Pokemon is a Manectric, which means Swampert gets to show why he is the star of the team once again.

I was a little worried about Feraligatr because my Electric type is weak to Water type attacks and I don't think Roselia could tank an Ice Fang from this thing.

I eventually decided that Mawile would be my best bet because of her high physical defense + I can lower the opponent's attack with Intimidate. This ended up working out perfectly because Feraligatr is a Water/Dark type in Glazed, which means my Fairy type attacks are super effective against it!

His final Pokemon is Porygon2 who probably couldn't touch my Froslass because it kept on going for non-attacking moves like Recover or Lock-on until I eventually took it out with Ice Beam.

Per usual, the gym leader isn't actually present at the gym right now, which means we get to explore this part of the region a bit further.

We pass through the Espo Clearning first, which has a small body of water which is where I wanted to get my encounter. I have no back up water types in case something happens to Swampert so this seemed like a smart choice.

Inside the actual forest, we catch a Kirlia which is an amazing Pyschic and Fairy type back up. Gardevoir is definitely one of my favorite Pokemon ever, but I already used one in a previous challenge run so I'll stick with Mawile and Espeon for now.

About halfway through the forest, we run into Blake who tells us about the history and Mew and the different reasons as to why Team Fusion might be after the legendary Pokemon.

He also reveals himself as the new Champion of the Turnod Region, meaning we will have to face him in the near future.

As we are talking, both of us slip through the dimensions again, ending up near Luke as always. The latter is delighted to see us, having some important news regarding Mew to share.

Unfortunately, time gets disrupted before he can finish his story and we end up back in our regular universe.

Okay so something clearly went wrong here. Even though Cato told us that the gym leader was absent, Blake is talking as if he have already earned our sixth gym badge.

I wanted to go back and check whether or not the gym leader was at the gym, but the game actually forces a cut scene here which brings you along with Blake to Temporal Tower. I guess skipping the gym for now isn't too big of a deal, but it will mess with the level curve a little. Hopefully we won't be too overleveled by the time we finally get to face him.

Blake goes off ahead of us and by the time we try to enter Temporal Tower, the annoying scarfed Pikachu shows up to 'crush us for good'.

Sorry, buddy. My Swampert will keep on crushing you until you learn Grass Knot.

This Pikachu's 'salt' levels increase by 200% every time we meet him. I'm worried about his health.

Either way, I'll leave things off here for now as we will explore the inside of Temporal Tower next time. I'm sorry for accidentally skipping a gym but I swear the game was telling me to go to Espo Forest first. I'm not sure what went wrong there. ^^;;

See you all next time!

Pacific the Swampert

Lv. 42

Jolly nature (+Spd -SpA)

Torrent
  • Ice Punch
  • Curse
  • Dig
  • Surf

Evergreen the Roselia

Lv. 42

Hardy nature

Poison Point

• Giga Drain
  • Water Pulse
  • Leech Seed
  • Toxic

Overcooked the Rotom-H

Lv. 42

Docile nature

Levitate
  • Flame Burst
  • Thunderbolt
  • Will-O-Wisp
  • Shadow Ball

Kagura the Mawile

Lv. 42

Naughty nature (+Atk -SpDef)

Intimidate
  • Covet
  • Knock Off
  • Swords Dance
  • Sucker Punch

Apollo the Espeon

Lv. 42

Synchronize
  • Psybeam
  • Grass Knot
  • Signal Beam
  • Shadow Ball

Fubuki the Froslass

Lv. 42

Bold nature (+Def -Atk)

Inner Focus
  • Ice Beam
  • Draining Kiss
  • Shadow Ball
  • Thunderbolt

Lv. 25 - Male - Quirky nature

Lv. 34 - Male - Impish nature

Lv. 20 - Female - Quiet nature

Lv. 39 - Female - Quiet nature

Lv. 33 - Male - Brave nature

Lv. 6 - Male - Modest nature

Lv. 26 - Female - Modest nature

Lv. 26 ~ Lv. 38 - Male - Naive nature

Died to: Draining Kiss from Percy's Gardevoir

Last edited:

Moxie

Veteran Ditz
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Daam
Okay I am compelled to read your exploits now due to my instant emotional investment with Moxie the Gligar
It’s funny since my three favourite Pokémon are Gliscor, roserade and infernape and you have pre evos of all of them poor monferno