What will be my second traded Pokemon?

• Girafarig

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Lillipup

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters

Amethyst

Rookie Trainer
Hello, my name is Sasha, and I am a Monotype challenge run addict. I just finished one, have two others going, and rather than finish those, I decided that I wanted to a: go back to Kalos, and b: do the Monotype that I have been wanting to do for some time, a Normal type run. For the uninitiated, the official Marriland Forums monotype rules are as follows:

Rules:
  1. Once you choose a type, you need to stick with it for the whole playthrough!

2. You can't use two Pokemon from the same evolution family. If you use Poliwhirl, you can't also use Poliwrath, etc.

3. This is less of a rule, but be sure that the type you choose is realistic for the game you choose. For example, Sinnoh has a lack of fire types, so doing a fire monotype in Diamond might not be the best decision.

4. If a Pokemon is not currently the type you chose but will be in the future, you can still use it. This means that if you're doing a fire monotype, you could use Fletchling because it will become a fire type when it's fully evolved.

5. Dual types are allowed!

6. If your starter isn't viable for you to use, you can use it until you're able to catch a Pokemon for the type you chose. After you catch that Pokemon, your starter needs to be put away and not used again.

7. You are allowed up to two trades total for your challenge. This includes trading eggs or Pokemon you normally couldn't get and in-game trades. You may evolve a Pokemon via trade as many times as you would like.

As an additional rule for this generation, I will not be allowing the use of Mega Evolution (I think I could only do so with Kangaskhan, so all the more reason not to allow it.) I am on the fence about using Snorlax, because that may as well be a mythical Pokemon. I will also be playing on set mode, for some extra added, ahem, fun.

Aside from the question of allowing Snorlax, I have one further question for you. I have decided on one of my trade-in Pokemon, Deerling. I have not decided on the second one, though, having narrowed it down to two, Lillipup (and eventually Stoutland), or Girafarig.

Lillipup: Pros - Never used one, but want to.
- Decent overall stats
-Intimidate
- Is a PUPPY!!!

Girafarig: Pros - Dual-typed with a cool secondary type
  • On a related note, one of my better options for Psychic attacks as a whole
  • Serviceable Special Attack, which is somewhat uncommon for Normal types.
  • I have been a member of its army.
I am curious to see what you have to say! How do you think this will go? Will Korrina be the bane of my existence? Will that Hawlucha trainer make me throw my 3DS against a wall? Or will I bring a sense of Normalcy to a region falling to pieces? Stay tuned!

Deva

"Regular" Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
US Eastern Time
3DS FC
4210-4539-8161
IGN
Deva
Abstains on Snorlax :snorlax:. Holds no strong opinion.

Voted for Lillipup :lillipup:. Do not underestimate this dog.

Should be okay versus Fighting with Taillow :taillow:. Only appears in a rare horde, though. Could be difficult to find.

Calaf

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
GMT+1
This sounds like a cool challenge, I'll be following along!

The question whether you should use Snorlax :snorlax: is a bit difficult. It's not too overpowered to use in a challenge per se, but it's still really good, especially because you can get it so early on. I'd lean towards not using it, since there's such an expansive roster of alternatives, but either way would be fine I think.

Even though Stoutland :stoutland: is one of my favorite Unova Pokemon, I voted for Girafarig :girafarig:, as I know from experience that it's a great Pokemon to use in a Normal Monotype. It patches up your Fighting type weakness nicely and it learns a lot of coverage options as well.

Anyway, best of luck on your challenge!

Amethyst

Rookie Trainer
Thank you for the replies! So, I am wanting to do a bit of story along with more to-the-point updates, but creative writing doesn't come naturally and is a bit of a challenge for me. I am close to having the first story bit done, though! In the meantime, a question for y'all: what is your favorite Kalos Pokemon?

Deva

"Regular" Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
US Eastern Time
3DS FC
4210-4539-8161
IGN
Deva
Probably Aegislash :aegislash: among Generation 6. Feels unique due to its ability. Pulled off multiple forms without being awful somehow.